Gold Dupe Glitch...

Kesleri

Apparently this has been around for a while now but was only "mass leaked" within the past few days. It'll now doubt have a massive impact on the game for a long, long time.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If you know something/someone who abused it, you are advised to post here: [qfc]15-16-449-63928262[/qfc].

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

The rich get richer... the poor get poorer

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There's always glitches in games, and always some greedy guy ready to abuse them, kind of a pity, but I hope whoever has abused this gets banned, kinda wrecks my changes of rebuying Nex stuff again. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Funny it's always these same few people that find these massive glitches

Well, I think that is what they do all day. Try to find ways to break the game. For better or worse.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Funny it's always these same few people that find these massive glitches

Well, I think that is what they do all day. Try to find ways to break the game. For better or worse.

If that is the case, Jagex should hire them over their current QA department. Obviously they enjoy it and they are good at it. Although making 500k gp/15 seconds is 2m/minute or 120m/hour, which is about $40/hr. Hard to pay that as salary for someone in QA.

w4M8t.png

rares have gone insane, white is over max cash.

My bank when it was 40b would be worth almost 80b now if I had not lost it.

You wouldn't know the street price of blue h'ween, would you? I'd love to exchange it for full virtus or something...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

There is something very interesting we can learn from this. Jagex has/had almost no way to effectively monitor for RWT or anomalous GP gains. Accounts should have been monitored for any of the following:

- Picking up large amounts of GP from the ground (good old fashion drop trade RWT)

- Giving away large amounts of GP without significant PVM drops, magic exp gains, or GE sales/trades (this covers the main ways of GP income)

- Strangely high number of interactions with a non-common aspect of the game (not skill related, travel related, inter-mini-game related)

The fact that Jagex can't even manage to have basic bug-detection sent what little belief I had left in the company straight through the floor. Before the mandatory "then why don't you do it better" post, this is what I do every single day, tracking and monitoring account and transaction data for anomalies and fraud attempts.

• Like 10
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

There is something very interesting we can learn from this. Jagex has/had almost no way to effectively monitor for RWT or anomalous GP gains. Accounts should have been monitored for any of the following:

- Picking up large amounts of GP from the ground (good old fashion drop trade RWT)

- Giving away large amounts of GP without significant PVM drops, magic exp gains, or GE sales/trades (this covers the main ways of GP income)

- Strangely high number of interactions with a non-common aspect of the game (not skill related, travel related, inter-mini-game related)

The fact that Jagex can't even manage to have basic bug-detection sent what little belief I had left in the company straight through the floor. Before the mandatory "then why don't you do it better" post, this is what I do every single day, tracking and monitoring account and transaction data for anomalies and fraud attempts.

You wouldn't even have to go through it to that extent. Just look for large quantities of cash being gained in the crucible without gaining any crucible ranks.

You wouldn't even have to go through it to that extent. Just look for large quantities of cash being gained in the crucible without gaining any crucible ranks.

As a developer you don't necessarily want to write bug catching code tuned to a very specific activity, you write broad code that will catch a multitude of strange actions that all have the same result. In this case picking large amounts of cash off the ground, but you would also track dropping large amounts of cash and cross-reference that info to find the buyer and seller; but in this case since no player was dropping cash at the same spot it SHOULD have sent up so many red flags.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

But they CAN tell us how many times people say "lol" in-game and how many people spin the SoF... #prioritiesfail

• Like 1

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There's multiple billions traded unevenly every hour in gambling, staking, donations, transferring gp between accounts etc. It would be perfectly possible to abuse this bug over a long period of time without Jagex having a reasonable chance of catching it.

That said, it's a pretty major [bleep] up. Once the duped gold starts making it's way into the mainstream RS economy, the value of gp as an investment will drop significantly. 500m in a couple of weeks won't get you what 500m does now. Obviously the people who know about the bug with significant amounts of cash and shards will invest their wealth in other items (hence the recent fastest ever % rise in partyhat prices) but for those who do not know about it, this could have a massive negative impact.

Asmodean <3

For those not following the thread, Mod Reach posted:

For those asking about whether their presence in the Crucible at the time of the bug will be pulled up negatively.

Rest assured we have the tools to accurately identify those actively responsible to those being in the area legitimately. No player genuinely innocent at this time will be affected.

I've already started working through a list of names offered to me by the community and internal investigations so anything you have to offer is considered high priority.

Cheers guys!

~Reach

So they claim they do have detection software but it seems to be inefficent/poor.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

Someone made a shed load of IRL money from that glitch I'll bet...

If my calculations are right, this guy made like $200,000. Holy shit.

A legend was born.

• Like 1

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Someone made a shed load of IRL money from that glitch I'll bet...

If my calculations are right, this guy made like $200,000. Holy shit.

A legend was born.

A legend?... not quite. I doubt he paid any tax on that money. Not only do we as players suffer from this illegally aquired money but so does the country he lives in. I hope someone dobs him in to the authorities.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi