24-Oct-2012 - Halloween 2012: Haunted Houses

Pirkka

No more randoms....?

OMG THANK YOU!

-

On a side note, I miss the Quest-themed holiday events. These are way too simplistic and repetitive. "Run around and look for x of this object."

If anything, this event is more or less a remake of the Easter event as that too was run around and find x chicks.

• Like 2

No more maze and gravedigger =]

It pains me greatly that I can only like this once.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I'm actually sad to see random events go. Could have something like the fire spirits which optionally lets you get the random rather then forcing it down your throat, but can't say I'm excited about this change.

I hated the gravedigger one, but hey, I just skipped that (just give up right away, be teleported somewhere random, see some of the world).

Vmser.png

Is anyone's rs being ridiculous after this update? My screen is missing in places, and the text is completely unreadable... :/

Just so there's something here...

Barrow's Loot: Ahrim's robe legs, Akrisae's hood, Akrisae's robe legs, Dharok's helm x2, Dharok's platebody, Dharok's battleaxe, Guthan's warspear, Torag's hammers x3, Verac's Plateskirt

Revenant Loot: Dragon Scimitar, Corrupt Dragon Plateskirt, Corrupt Zuriel's Staff, lots of coins...

Clue Scroll Loot: Robin Hood Hat, Fox Mask, Bandos Page 1, Dragon Platelegs Ornament Kit (sp)

They updated them with this update.

They still can't compare to the pre-GWD look, but at least they've improved.

Ok. The eyes look a lot better.

IMO the "chin" is a little "weak", ya know? I feel it should be more prominent and they should attempt to eliminate the over-bite effect.

nyuseg.png

...Easter event as that too was run around and find x chicks.

...but that Easter event was just a rip off of the irl mmorpg college questline

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Someone have a pic of the cape? And can you receive it without having to put it on? I don't really want to lose my RC cape but I haven't missed a holiday event since I started.

2v8n08z.png

You don't have to put it on.

In other news! We can now have anti-aliasing and bloom on at the same time in DirectX :) (well I can, which is a first!)

I can finally bloom and aa at the same time now. Text looks much better now, but there's still some lines in my UI, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

1icQY.png

I'm ridiculously bright now \:D/

This was already possible for me, bloom just won't work in fixed (or does it now..). Dunno what was wrong for you guys :s.

Where are the Hallowed costume vs wtfever else costume pics? I wanna know which side to pick x_x

553VriC.png?1

Where are the Hallowed costume vs wtfever else costume pics? I wanna know which side to pick x_x

Does not matter which side you pick. You can swap the robes to the other version with a right-click option.

(Pick the evil side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mod Sabre needs to win this year)

Much prefer the old style 'quest' events. They give much more lenient time restrictions (the entire holiday period rather than 2 hourly slots) and don't alienate the f2p and p2p communities like these D&D style events do, by offering less cosmetic items than p2p.

• Like 5

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Tbf I do like that f2pers get slightly less out of recent events, because holiday items are always a sort of status symbol of 'look I was there' so to me it's nice to be able to have that little bit more to say 'look I was there and actually a paying member' though it is taking it a ridiculous extreme that f2p only get a cape this time.

Deffo agree that I prefer quest-type events; I mean not everyone really cares all that much about community stuff. To me they should aim to be more like Gielinor games were done: The bulk of the content is quest/game-like event with a community element as a non-vital extra. I think what makes these community type events worse is the sheer lack of effort put into them now, I mean a peng hide and seek clone at best is being kinda lazy with it but then the fact they basically already did this EXACT event for easter and just swapped some graphics out to make it halloween. I mean what's next? At Xmas we'll have Santa vs that ice queen lady where you pick a team and every 2 hours theres 5 snowmen to hunt.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue