• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2P
  2. 2. Will you play on 2007 Servers?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm F2p, so no
    • I'm F2P, but would subscribe

Voting yes on 10 accounts. This would bring more money in for Jagex because it would take a lot of the players away from all the private servers and have them buying membership again.

Also, merching in fally <3

Old DKS <3

Old staking <3

Peace,

Vann

• Like 1

No matter how hard I try to see otherwise, I can't see it going any other way except to become servers with 5% people pk'ing and 95% people botting to become pk'ers within the year. That just doesn't sit well with me. Even if it makes a bit of money for jagex.

I doubt it would be as extreme as your projected statistics say, but even if it was, what would that matter to you? It is a completely different and seperate game. Do botters in WOW not sit well with you either?

nautica.png

nautica.png

My first knee jerk reaction is the same as my logical drawn out reaction a big fat NO!

The servers will be void of actual players within months when people realize how bad the game is graphically, gameplay and community wise and just be drain on Jagex's ability to finance/focus on the actual main game.

How many times must people be told nostalgia =/= expectation, the only thing that ever made 2007 rs great was the community, and that has been long gone.

Anyone with any view of a future in this game would be wise to say no and abstain from voting,

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Voting yes on 10 accounts. This would bring more money in for Jagex because it would take a lot of the players away from all the private servers and have them buying membership again.

Old DKS <3

Old staking <3

Peace,

Vann

This relies on the assumption that enough of the community comes back for merching and staking to be what it was and in that is the crucial flaw of many peoples nostalgia. It hinges on not just the game being back but the community too and unfortunately the later is highly unlikely to be restored (other than perhaps for a short initial burst or checking it out) which will make it a very different game from what people think they are getting back.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

And no vote from me, despite all the guilt tripping campaign that will probably be started soon.

• Like 3

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

This update will obviously have a huge following in the early stages. Runescape 2006-7 Private Servers were / are extremely popular, and this is Jagex attempting to capture this portion of the market which longs for the old style of Runescape. It should also bring back some retired players, initially. It will initially be a significant net boost in the amount of subscribers for Runescape as a whole, but will actually result in a decrease of activity on the main servers (EOC Servers) as people try out the 2007 ones.

The problem I foresee occurs mid / long-term. The nostalgia wears off, people are sick of training skills they've already done on the main version, and old players get bored again. Some switch back to EOC, many of them quit / go back into retirement. A major portion of the population which were avid and active members on EOC have converted to 2007-scape players. The total population drops back down or near the levels we see today, yet the game population is now split between two games. To provide the same level of service to the same amount of players now costs Jagex considerably more. Plus, with the game split in two, neither are as strong as the original.

This worries me, because Jagex must know these mid / long-term consequences. This is a decision which is fueled by short-run profit, and speaks volumes about the company's view on Runescape's longevity.

• Like 3

I will only vote if its close to 750k+ votes.

This is because if it does come, then it needs to be safe!!! Eg. No or few bots etc!

I dont even know

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

We don't sign petitions on WoW's future direction. We would be encouraging it in RuneScape here. The two examples are incompatible with each other.

2007 RS is a completely seperate and different game than current RS. He won't be playing it. I don't see how what people do on a game you don't play can bother you is what I am saying.

nautica.png

nautica.png

Well if the votes are in at the low regions where it costs extra to play, bots are a lot less likely, because 22$ is a fair bit more to pay to get a bot in and there is no "free" window to start with. I could see it being interesting at 50k-100k votes. I won't vote because I won't play lol.

This is a petition. It's a gauge of how many people would do this, like a signature thing for voting. You sign the petition promising to vote, there isn't a "no" option when signing petitions.

We don't sign petitions on WoW's future direction. We would be encouraging it in RuneScape here. The two examples are incompatible with each other.

2007 RS is a completely seperate and different game than current RS. He won't be playing it. I don't see how what people do on a game you don't play can bother you is what I am saying.

Because it takes money jagex could be spending on the main game. Now, the cost to join the 2007 style game should offset this, but not if 50k people want to play, but 750k people vote yes.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

2007 version;

Does that come with the two-steps-forward-one-step-back running pathing and severely limited run energy too? Because I'm not voting yes if it doesn't have that.

Just kidding, I'm not gonna vote.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

No, it doesn't work like that.

You can't sit here and preposition us into supporting this, and then tell us it has nothing to do with us after. That's not how responsibility works in reality...

If we said 'yes' to this fearing that botting would run rampant over 2007-scape, and then exactly that happened, that's what we'd have voted for. No way.

Old DKS <3

I do wonder what you're hoping to merchant, and what with, with everyone starting at nothing. Then again that might be the challenge.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Because it takes money jagex could be spending on the main game. Now, the cost to join the 2007 style game should offset this, but not if 50k people want to play, but 750k people vote yes.

So did funorb. So did that space-runescape game they were making (I forget the name). So did/does transformers. People need to stop acting like this is going to be some massive investment. They already successfully tested it. A handful of people getting old software and servers up and running isn't going to be a major project.

No, it doesn't work like that.

You can't sit here and preposition us into supporting this, and then tell us it has nothing to do with us after. That's not how responsibility works in reality...

If we said 'yes' to this fearing that botting would run rampant over 2007-scape, and then exactly that happened, that's what we'd have voted for. No way.

The thing is I'm not telling anybody to vote or not, I honestly don't care if people vote it up. If you don't vote and don't play it, even if you DO vote and don't play it, why would it matter at all to you how people were playing on it?

nautica.png

nautica.png

I don't think they will get the votes up high enough for it to be popular. IF they reach the top goal, then maybe there will be a significant number of people who play it, but if it doesnt happen, I believe it's simply going to die off. I vote No of course, because I am simply not interested in starting my character AGAIN from scratch.

It would be interesting to see the highscores for it though, Suomi going for it again? :D

Honestly the worst idea I've seen in a while from Jagex.

10/10 way to split the community and give in to whiners again.

• Like 2

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Good move from jagex side. No more whines in feature - no logic reasons - about how rs was good before and how "awful" is now, as they got chance to bring back old game they love.

ps. Wonder why there isn't so many trolls to get 750k votes just for lol.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

The thing is I'm not telling anybody to vote or not, I honestly don't care if people vote it up. If you don't vote and don't play it, even if you DO vote and don't play it, why would it matter at all to you how people were playing on it?

I've explained how. Stop repeating the same question and expecting me to give a different answer.

• Like 1

I started in 2008, and to be quite honest, I have no interest whatsoever in playing '2007scape'.

If 'care' could be measured in atoms, my care for this would be equal to about a quarter of an electron (with 100 atoms meaning 100%)

I'm not going to vote, except if the numbers are getting close to a new level.

I wonder if the people who keep bringing up the graphics argument actually realize how horrible the EOC graphics are compared to other games out right now? Besides if private servers can have tens of thousands of players and theyre all ready and willing to play a stable game and move over, it cant really die out any time soon until jagex pulls the plug on this game for good. As long as we're bringing in a profit they will keep the 2007 game up, why do you think they are even considering this, they know this is a goldmine, even if for a year or 2 only.

Honestly, I barely have time for the account I have now let alone starting over on a 6 year old version of the game.

If they get enough votes to open up the free version to everyone (unlikely as it's a members only vote and the numbers just aren't there) then I'll probably check it out, but I can't see myself spending a whole lot of time there.

This will become RSC all over again. Surges of new players when the open up, which rapidly drop off until there's nothing but a handful of diehards still roaming around.

Still...wait a couple of months, let all the looky-loo's leave, and get all the resource gathering spots all to myself. I might have to reconsider this. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Honestly, no.

I rather like the EoC and all the changes to runescape since 2007. If 2007 servers would come back, I would play for 20 mins, say eff this and go back to the main game.

Ive seen this game go from RSC to now and have enjoyed growing up with this game and have it grow up with me. Moving backwards is always dumb.

When they make the inevitable mistake of adding 2007 servers, I hope they wont hire an entire dedicated staff and only fix game breaking bugs when needed. I guess all we can do is sit and wait and watch what happends as these servers become overrun with bots and/or die a slow death of inactivity.

• Like 1

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

Quite frankly, if this becomes a thing, I'll be resubscribing in an instant.

As a player since RSC, I can recall few potential updates I've been so interested in.

Looking at the economy sans Rares will be rather interesting.