If you say H/c x2 in game you will be muted. (Taken from Reddit)

Leik

Isn't it official policy to only act as a P mod when it's absolutely necessary, though? Gold selling is clearly a necessary use of mod powers. Clamping down on H/C games... much more subjective. I'd be surprised if P mods are spending their time on gamblers unless it's clearly RWT, chat box abuse, or scamming.

Well, pmods are always players first, mods second, so it's never absolutely necessary, and mods are never required to act. Also, it's entirely our choice what to focus on - bots, RWTing, or whatever - so long as we stay within the bounds Jagex has given us regarding what they do and do not consider to be rulebreaking. (and I think most of us just play the game and deal with what we run across, rather than actively policing anything in lieu of actually playing the game.)

I disagree - if Jagex were actually doing something about it properly, it would be clearly stated in the rules that hosting flower/dice/gambling games IS against the rules. It isn't. They are passing the responsibility on to the PMods - how is that not clear? I'm not saying it's wrong what they are doing, I just think it's not too incoherent and inconclusive. Yes there are repercussions now, which didn't exist before, but is that enough? I don't think so. If something is worth doing (which it is), it's worth doing properly. I don't see how my view is "incorrect", not only is it an opinion, it's logical. Why do something half-arsed, and let players who believe that they aren't breaking the rules suffer the consequences?

EDIT: I've just read back and it seems that there's an auto-mute system now in place for certain phrases such as "H/C" - this kind of makes my post invalid as Jagex CLEARLY are doing something. However, at least update the rules so the somewhat innocent player-base who previously were not breaking the rules are aware? My point about that still stands. I'm going to bed - g'night all. :)

For one, as you noted, there's an auto-mute filter in place right now that's causing most of the ruckus, though I'm sure some pmods are also muting for similar phrases that aren't caught by the filter (though that also gets into the issue of "is it disruptive spamming?" in which case the mute is unquestionably valid, since spamming has long been against the rules).

For another, since mods are never required to take action, it's almost impossible for the responsibility for punishing a rule break to be put on pmods.

And again, I must point out that the "consequences" players are suffering consist of a two-day mute, which is not permanent damage and can indeed function as a warning in and of itself. (Could Jagex be more clear, and should they have been? Definitely. But I think the consequences of how they chose to do it are being overstated just a bit, especially considering the BtS note and past game changes discouraging gambling in all forms.)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I kind-of didn't believe this so ofcource, i had to test it out, but in a safe environment- that being inside ports. and sure enough...

mutevw.png

Come on jagex... you are pathetic. never been muted either...

On the topic at hand, i support the cause but not the method. Just remove anything that has chance and voila, no gambing. Muting people for encouraging the black marketeer and shurula to gamble is... yeah.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

On the topic at hand, i support the cause but not the method. Just remove anything that has chance and voila, no gambing. Muting people for encouraging the black marketeer and shurula to gamble is... yeah.

This man has a point. If Jagex would grow a pair of balls and alter the items used in chance games, this problem wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Instead, like I've said, they've been pissing about and fixing the problem in their usual fashion: aesthetically and with no real effect.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Vann, if you are such a legitimate and trustworthy host, how come you owe me 1b?

And to add to that. A quote from you on the RWT banned thread.

"I will admit in dicings hay-day I partook in selling gold. Making max cash+ daily in Mew2 and seeing my friends do it and get away with it I thought "why not". I thought I had sound reasons to sell.. Most went to tuition, but I did make two "big" purchases (custom desktop and iPad)."

And a quote from earlier in this thread.

"Please tell me why I deserve the mute? I don't spam and I don't use offensive language. Therefore I have broken no rules.

As for being banned. I have done nothing to constitute a ban(scamming/rwt/botting) so don't tell me I deserve a ban when you don't know me"

Nice contradiction Vann. Saying you've never rwt yet you have admitted previously to rwt.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Like 1

[hide=Long Quote]

Vann, if you are such a legitimate and trustworthy host, how come you owe me 1b?

"I will admit in dicings hay-day I partook in selling gold. Making max cash+ daily in Mew2 and seeing my friends do it and get away with it I thought "why not". I thought I had sound reasons to sell.. Most went to tuition, but I did make two "big" purchases (custom desktop and iPad)."

"Please tell me why I deserve the mute? I don't spam and I don't use offensive language. Therefore I have broken no rules.

As for being banned. I have done nothing to constitute a ban(scamming/rwt/botting) so don't tell me I deserve a ban when you don't know me"

Nice contradiction Vann. Saying you've never rwt yet you have admitted previously to rwt.

[/hide]

To clarify, I meant I'm not actively breaking any rules. As for that post on the other thread, I haven't sold gp since 2011. It was a means to an end as you see I paid off university debts with it and got a computer/iPad for class. Since selling I have regretted doing it and have been against rwt since then. I agree the impact of rwt on runescape is bad and where a lot of the front men for rwt are hosts, they only constitute a small portion of gp sales.

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

Which is the reason people need to record all bets, or better yet ask the host to livestream it.

I can state that the Queen owes me £1000000, but without evidence it's meaningless.

Asmodean <3

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

Yes you do and I know that you know you do.

You told the owner of my clan "he actually owes me 2b because it was a 1b bet, but I'll just take the 1b"... Let's get this straight:

1) there was never a wager placed on me

2) you are a troll

3)????

4) profit

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

You told the owner of my clan "he actually owes me 2b because it was a 1b bet, but I'll just take the 1b"... Let's get this straight:

2) you are a troll

3)????

4) profit

I didn't say that. I said I would have paid you 2b if you won, but you didn't so you owe me 1b.

[hide=Long Quote]

[/hide]

To clarify, I meant I'm not actively breaking any rules. As for that post on the other thread, I haven't sold gp since 2011. It was a means to an end as you see I paid off university debts with it and got a computer/iPad for class. Since selling I have regretted doing it and have been against rwt since then. I agree the impact of rwt on runescape is bad and where a lot of the front men for rwt are hosts, they only constitute a small portion of gp sales.

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

I have to say I find this stance quite laughable.

RWT is bad and wrong and I've never done it since the time I did do it, at which point it was totally justified because I only did it to pay off university and buy myself new stuff.

I mean I haven't broken any laws at all since 2011 when I murdered that guy and murder is totally wrong, but it's okay because I only used it as a means to an end. I needed some cash from selling his stuff to pay off some credit card debt and buy myself some nice new shoes.*

*Disclaimer - This statement is in noway factually true, I know this should be obvious to most but someones bound to not understand.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

2) you are a troll

3)????

4) profit

I didn't say that. I said I would have paid you 2b if you won, but you didn't so you owe me 1b.

I'm not going to argue with you while you are trolling. You never placed a bet on me, therefore I owe you nothing. End of story.

@above- I'm not saying that it was right when I sold gp. I regretted doing it even tho at the time I felt it was ok to do. I have been anti rwt since then and wish I had never taken part. Can't change the past.

@jayc- there was never a bet. Hedge is a troll. Stop adding fuel to the flames

I'm done arguing this. My final opinion: muting with no post saying its against the rules is unfair. They should either post making it clear it's against the rules or not auto mute for it. The end.

Now my spring break week started and I'm not playing RS during it. So adios RS and Tip.it for a week. Headed to the beach with a beer in hand!

Peace,

Vann

[hide=Long Quote]

[/hide]

How quickly a position changes, and how easily people find a way to justify. It's brilliant.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

QFC: 14-15-729-64501663

The Future of Flower Games? You Decide...

Hi All' date='

As mentioned in the BTS article this month, I’ve been keen to chat with you about flower games and the similar “game of chance” activities that some players host in the grand exchange. So far I’ve had some great conversations live in game, with all sorts of clans and individual players, and I thought it about time to start up a forum conversation about it too.

The question is simple: What should we do about these games? Right now, they can be very disruptive – leading to spamming and scamming. Several of the clans associated with the games are also directly linked to gold farmers, botters and real world trading – which are all against our rules.

However, there is clearly a desire from some players for this type of gameplay; otherwise there wouldn’t be any of it going on. It certainly dominates the grand exchange in many worlds, and that’s just not what the place was designed for.

I’m really keen to know your opinions on this. There are a range of different options available to us, and I am sure there are several more that we haven’t considered yet. If you’ve got any of your own thoughts on this matter, we’d love to hear them.

Feel free to reply to this post with your own ideas on what we should (or shouldn’t) do about this growing issue.

We could, for example, do any number of the following things:[list']

[*]Make any involvement in player run “games of chance” against our rules – creating a new rule to allow the pmods and ourselves to mute the people advertising these games and allow us to issue bans to anyone actually participating in flower games etc.

[*]Change the content itself to remove the “random chance” element of things like flowers, classic capes, seal emotes, egg emotes etc. This would mean that players couldn’t use those sorts of items to play these games with

[*]Add “safe” alternative games, run by NPC’s, to allow players to engage with this sort of gameplay without the risk of being scammed.

[*]Do nothing at all!

[*]Something else...

What do you think? I look forward to reading your ideas and responses over the weekend and I’ll make some more posts on Monday.

Mod Mark

Design Director – RuneScape

The response is ~140 pages long at time of writing. Thought I'd cross-post it here, since I haven't seen a separate discussion thread for this so far. I personally support the third option. It'd be a great potential money-sink, and hopefully if Jagex vets the updates well enough, people won't be hauling inflated billions out of them thanks to some overlooked fault.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

@jayc- there was never a bet. Hedge is a troll. Stop adding fuel to the flames

I'm done arguing this. My final opinion: muting with no post saying its against the rules is unfair. They should either post making it clear it's against the rules or not auto mute for it. The end.

Now my spring break week started and I'm not playing RS during it. So adios RS and Tip.it for a week. Headed to the beach with a beer in hand!

Peace,

Vann

nx00jnE.png

Would you like everyone who was there to confirm it too?

• Like 4

I think do all 3 of the first one.

Against the rules, break the things used for it AND offer a legit replacement.

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Good to see this.

I say make it against the rules fully.

Jagex could make third-party (i.e. non-Jagex supported) gambling against the rules for the third option, as well. But I think I see your point. One problem I can see is how 'legalized' gambling might conflict with real world laws on the matter. How could Jagex reduce the link between gambling and real-world trading, for example, where illegitimate income is involved?

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Sad to say but this discussion is also kinda taken in this topic:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/317864-if-you-say-hc-x2-in-game-you-will-be-muted-taken-from-reddit/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Sad to say but this discussion is also kinda taken in this topic:

http://forum.tip.it/...en-from-reddit/

Maybe a mod can merge the two topics, if they find it necessary. -shrug-

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

The first two only imo. I do not think gambling should be part of the game in any context.

Also merged the two threads about this.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The first two only imo. I do not think gambling should be part of the game in any context.

Also merged the two threads about this.

RU_Insane.png

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support

Can we also have a poll on other in-game rules? ;).

No but seriously - what's the big deal with flowers? So long as they have and support gambling in the game, why combat another form of it? Did people complain this much when people simply gambled at the duel arena? I realize that people can get scammed from flower hosts, but like every other area of the game, that's up to the common sense of the participant. If people want to be retards and trade 8B to a random with a rank in a FC, then that's their risk. Just like if I lend armor or weapons to a friend - that's my risk. Jagex needs to stop treating its users like 12 year olds already.

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

@Hedge- I owe you 1B?

"I got mine and now I'm against it."

Vann has proven that, much like people like Blood Argon before him, those who speak out the loudest tend to be the most guilty. It never surprises me when people like Vann turn out to be gold farmers in disguise.

• Like 7

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png