Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I remember when...

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

Kiara_Kat
[ Display Name History ]

Kiara_Kat

Retired Crew Leader

• Members
  • 7,578 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I remember standing near the crossroads and in the Lumbridge Castle Courtyard in RSC, and warning everyone that would listen to watch out for the "man" because he would attack if you got too close.

I was also terrified to go anywhere to the West of the banana plantation on Karamja, because I was too afraid of the scorpions. :oops:
Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

sk8ermaster
[ Display Name History ]

sk8ermaster

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,477 posts
got 3k because sk8er was in my name from random guy, split it with my irl friend and we bought addy longs, he still owes me half back -.-
Posted Image

aussy4321
[ Display Name History ]

aussy4321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,041 posts
I remember when..my brother and I were noobs and we walked around, then my brother made some level 40 friend. so i made my brother type in "could we have a free blk long" ....of which we thought was realy expensive and no1 could afford, then he bought it for ous and i friggin felt as if i got given a p hat.......

but dats being level 9 for ya.......

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Posted Image

sicksk8er1
[ Display Name History ]

sicksk8er1

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 67 posts
Well my nooby moment must have been when I first started, I never fell for any scams surprisingly, I guess I just used common sense or was pre-warned a moment before! But my noobiest moment was either wanting to spend all my time killin chickens to get 5k feathers to sell for my IRL member friend and dreaming long and hard about that HARD earnt 25k! or either Dying to a level 7 farmer just north east of lumby :( :P Or the one time that i thought that everyone walking around with a skull on their heads was a member! lmao!

*no i seriously thought this* :shock:

99 Slayer, I don't have it yet. But it'll come.

Bloodredsword
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodredsword

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Fox hunter8

Bloodredsword, you don't need to reply to every message with " :lol: ", "OUCH" "nice lol thats funny" or something like that.

:( :cry:
Posted Image

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

S77
[ Display Name History ]

S77

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
sold my green for 400k long ago

Clan_Chat_Op
[ Display Name History ]

Clan_Chat_Op

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Clan Chat Op
When I first started playing 5 minutes into it.. i went into the basement by the cook in Lumbridge. I think there were some spiders there... somebody was there and said "Hey, Wanna learn how to dupe?"

So, he told me to drop all my items and hit ALT+F4

I did... I'm an idiot.

Lost my wizard gear (back then i picked wizard as my main character).
Posted Image
I skill. If you skill you should join.

3P0int0
[ Display Name History ]

3P0int0

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 303 posts
So many stories to tell... A couple do stick out though. When I had first started I made my character into a girl (FYI I'm a guy *duh*) because I didn't take rs too seriously. Then I relized... I can start fires! So I got my rl friend to hook me up with a tinder box and some logs and I was happy for a few minutes. Til I ran out of them.

Another one is when me and my bro somehow made it to falador! So needless to say we spent several days exploring falador trying numerous time to enter the mining guild. All of which were unsuccessful :cry: But while I was talking a walk to the north to the goblin camp as I now relize it's called, my brother was given full steel by a guy tha I'm guessing was playing from the start of rs because he was so much cooler than everyone... So after he got the steel the guy told him about how to get to the dwarven mines. So me and my bro headed out to the mines where I found some iron ores! I was pretty happy but then I got a little headstrong and thought I could kill one of the dwarves. Needless to say having played the game for about 1 week with no prior knowledge.. I died :? But I was able to pm my brother asking him to get my iron ore because I had heard it was expensive. So a weekend and a couple days later I was able to meet up with my bro and collect my iron ore, which i then cert'd and sold for 500gp! Still think it was one of my better rs days...

urza1488
[ Display Name History ]

urza1488

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

So many stories to tell... A couple do stick out though. When I had first started I made my character into a girl (FYI I'm a guy *duh*) because I didn't take rs too seriously. Then I relized... I can start fires! So I got my rl friend to hook me up with a tinder box and some logs and I was happy for a few minutes. Til I ran out of them.

Another one is when me and my bro somehow made it to falador! So needless to say we spent several days exploring falador trying numerous time to enter the mining guild. All of which were unsuccessful :cry: But while I was talking a walk to the north to the goblin camp as I now relize it's called, my brother was given full steel by a guy tha I'm guessing was playing from the start of rs because he was so much cooler than everyone... So after he got the steel the guy told him about how to get to the dwarven mines. So me and my bro headed out to the mines where I found some iron ores! I was pretty happy but then I got a little headstrong and thought I could kill one of the dwarves. Needless to say having played the game for about 1 week with no prior knowledge.. I died :? But I was able to pm my brother asking him to get my iron ore because I had heard it was expensive. So a weekend and a couple days later I was able to meet up with my bro and collect my iron ore, which i then cert'd and sold for 500gp! Still think it was one of my better rs days...

I gave my bro 5K oaks, and stormveritas just gave me 9K willows to BURN!.... I'll tell you what noobs are for... NOT FIRES!
Urza. The One. The Legend.
Posted Image

reddawn509
[ Display Name History ]

reddawn509

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,919 posts
  • RSN:Yews Me
  • RSN2:Skeksis
i remeber when this really really nice guy gave me a steel pick and 500gp(which was like amazing at the lvl 228 status i was......)..all he asked in return is thta i did it to one person later on....that was one cool guy...ahhh the memories........

ssamriga
[ Display Name History ]

ssamriga

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 235 posts
I spent my first weeks in lubridge killing goblins, I didnt know that there were banks so I kept all stuff in invenory which was quite small at that time :)

when I got enaough money and finally found Varrock I bought iron sword and was sooo proud of myself, I though wow, now I could maybe even train to lvl 20 combat, but though that I will never get to 30+ because it is just too hard and only maybe a few people are able to get that high :)

then I found out that dark wizards drop runes and whats more people killing those wizards sell runes, which I can sell for more in Varrock, so I started merhanting (I though that I'm incredibly cunning :)) I made my first 100k quite fast, and then found out that there are more places to the west and so on, met people who had full rune etc. I was impressed and decided to get me full rune one day too ;)

really cool memories...
Playing since February 2003
Posted Image

Lets_3ekout
[ Display Name History ]

Lets_3ekout

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,144 posts
  • RSN:Big_Craze

I remember buying a rune mace as my first ever rune weapon and thought I was really good.

same... i was so proud of it... it was like a phat to me :lol:
Posted Image
A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.
Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

dinkydaisy
[ Display Name History ]

dinkydaisy

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 23 posts
I've never fallen for a scam, but I remember reaching combat level ten and thinking how good I was lol. But I watched my bro start, he made his account the night before me, and some guy told him if he followed him he would take him to a stash of really cool weapons. Being just off tutorial island he got taken to wildy and killed:(

dragomir
[ Display Name History ]

dragomir

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 80 posts
Oh yea the cool days..! 8)

I remember the second day when I yelled at my IRL friend because I was in varrock and I wanted a tinderbox and he didn't bring me to shop. We were standing near the shop, and I yelled at him :lol: . Then I wrote few times where can I find tinderbox or anyone can buy me one and then I wrote in my language and a nice guy gave me it a slovenian from my country I tought it was so good WOW I had a tinderbox :lol: :lol:

reddawn509
[ Display Name History ]

reddawn509

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,919 posts
  • RSN:Yews Me
  • RSN2:Skeksis
:lol: i remebered when my bro started and he was the classic lvl 3 newb..he instantly traded a guy in monks robes whome for some reason i thought were mummy robes :? .he traded him and said "i have sword" and he offered a bronze short.then the "mummy" said " i am trAining to be a monk" :lol:

Wartobi12
[ Display Name History ]

Wartobi12

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 112 posts
I still know that i was playing with my cousin and i tought the Mugger was a real player. I said to my cousin, wow that mugger is really stupid (I killed him a few seconds ago)

jade_slayer6
[ Display Name History ]

jade_slayer6

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • RSN:jade sayer6
  • Clan:Tal-shiar Alliance
omg i fell 4 the owrst scam

thsi guy told met that he wanted me 2 get me some wine 4 him and h said that he would pay me 10k 2 get the zammy wine and after i touched it he just kept shutting the door and i died then i got a lvl 40 guy with it

:P

dutycalls5609
[ Display Name History ]

dutycalls5609

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 192 posts
oh...goodness. remembering the n00bness. I fell for the classic lvl 3 scam. a person called jimyjj took me in the wild saying he knew where a city was that was secret. we got to lvl 42 and he killed me. then, he gave me a full iron and we were cool. hey has any1 seen jimyjj l8ly?

also when i got to iron working ability (smithing 15) i thought i was hot stuff. i went to varok sq and said "Sellin iron dagger for 8k!!!!!!!!!" with a wave. goodness i felt [developmentally delayed]ed when a lvl 40 sed it only costed about 150gp at the general store

AngelDude20
[ Display Name History ]

AngelDude20

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 774 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Losing my first 400k 5 minutes after I got it.

Rose_2_Pure
[ Display Name History ]

Rose_2_Pure

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 711 posts
Walked around saying I was level 200 to everyone lower then well, 200, though I soon realized 126 was the max level and the 200 I had was my total level........I was crushed.

When I was level 5 or so, a higher level, and now I think he was quitting, but a higher level gave me a Rune Plate and I gave it back to him because I couldn't wear(I thought if I, the level 200, can't wear it it's useless). He gave me 200k and some tips and I ended up buying 100 bronze woodaxes and a Rune Axe, I still have the Rune Axe......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users