Blank

Craven_Image

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey you could my idea of going to work for them!!! just got to get in cambridge uni (highly unlikely) or live nearer cambridge!!! thank god its ages till i have any chance of going uni !!! :lol: if you look on the website for jagex the pay looks good lmao but who cares you get to work with the people that have created a game you play and love so much!

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

The placement year was offering a job as the player mod or forum moderator curator position (person who's in charge of the player mods and the person who choses player mods and or forum mods) and also many jobs in the CS department.

Firstly forum mod - dont :?

Secondly, which uni *evil laughs*

Im concentrating on trying to get the qualifications for something like pmod curator, although i'll probably go to Blizzard and WoW (World Of Warcraft) and be a "games master" firstly, because of the fact i think your character is an "elite" which would just be... WEWT! (you'd have to play to know what an elite is :P). Anyway, would be nice to have that placement year, i think i might try that.. :twisted: have experience.. so meh.. lol :wink:

Great info you got there. About the 5k pmod thing, I really hope they don't prioritize their pmod picking by choosing people who sent in the most abuse reports though. I can't imagine them making a ton of new pmods by selecting a percentage of players that have 'x' successful abuse reports in + a clean slate, which isn't enough.

Intersting still to know that they really are concerning about making a new game but still doing runescape, which I wasn't sure of. I know that they're really cracking down on 'illegal rs sites' with lawsuits, but it's good to hear how much effort's being put into it.

Y2G...you complain about automated messages alot...

If making one complaint about it within maybe the past five months is a lot... then I'd like to know what your definition of the phrase "a little" means. :roll:

Fact is, CS shouldn't be handled by automated messages, ever. If you don't have the man power you should either get the man power or not bother sending out lame automated messages. Its a real crappy way of saying "thanks for being a customer, we could give two [cabbage]s about your problem".

So yeah... don't defend them when they should have been working on getting more people the day RS2 was launched. Customer support is something that should be number one priority, yes... it should be even above game developement. Apparently you missed that point. :?

And don't ever say I complain "a lot" about something when I don't. That is extremely annoying... I'm taking that comment a bit personal. I never had a problem with you, ever, so why you would exagerate something like that is beyond me.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Y2G...you complain about automated messages alot...

If making one complaint about it within maybe the past five months is a lot... then I'd like to know what your definition of the phrase "a little" means. :roll:

Fact is, CS shouldn't be handled by automated messages, ever. If you don't have the man power you should either get the man power or not bother sending out lame automated messages. Its a real crappy way of saying "thanks for being a customer, we could give two cabbage about your problem".

So yeah... don't defend them when they should have been working on getting more people the day RS2 was launched. Customer support is something that should be number one priority, yes... it should be even above game developement. Apparently you missed that point. :?

And don't ever say I complain "a lot" about something when I don't. That is extremely annoying... I'm taking that comment a bit personal. I never had a problem with you, ever, so why you would exagerate something like that is beyond me.

Forgive me...perhaps in my haste I just made a general statement with your name attached. I was going to reply to you but left that behind to make a general statement. I should have said "ya'll complain...".

Personally, if you can think of a way to hire enough people to handle 1-3 million messages weekly and still turn a profit, I would be impressed. The automated messaging system means that they have recieved your message, noted it, and gave you a speedy response. If you have an odd enough problem, they will message you personally (Paul himself checked up on me in-game after a problem I had with the Fremmenik Trials the day of the quest opening). This works like almost every other major customer support system. You get an automated message for generated problems...and if you can't find your problem there, the system finds a CS rep for you.

Unlike all these major companies, Jagex does not have branches all over the globe. Thier customer service is limited to 30 people. Just because you do not get an immediate response to "do dust devils drop chains like kalphite queen" probably means they are more interested in someone who has found themselves in a very bad situation that could affect thousands of players.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Wow, amazing... You hoping to get a job from them? Sounds like a chance of a lifetime... Runescape is getting bigger and bigger, making Jagex richer and richer making their employees happier and happier! Nice find!

sig5235ro7.jpg

What I find interesting:

A. Free language ed.

In other words, play RS in a language you don't know, and learn by experience.

B. New game

:) I think it wil be cool.

After seeing this thread, I feel much more at peace and interested in the game. I say 100% this needs a sticky. A permanent one.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

Forgive me...perhaps in my haste I just made a general statement with your name attached. I was going to reply to you but left that behind to make a general statement. I should have said "ya'll complain...".

Unlike all these major companies, Jagex does not have branches all over the globe. Thier customer service is limited to 30 people. Just because you do not get an immediate response to "do dust devils drop chains like kalphite queen" probably means they are more interested in someone who has found themselves in a very bad situation that could affect thousands of players.

Its all good, but since I was the only person to comment about auto messages on this thread, I felt the comment was directed at myself entirely.

I hope that last statement wasn't directed at me either. Because I don't think I've ever sent a CS form asking them silly questions such as that. All of my CS/Bug report forms have been concerning legit matters. Not some silly, off the wall, question. If I were to ever have a stupid question (which I never do)... I would come ask it on the forums (that being here or on the main forums, if I had a membership at that time).

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

nice man. i really enjoy reading about rs news, like new stuff. thats would be really cool if they opened new games for different languages. well not different games but so they could use there own servers. that would really bost the game quite a bit. as for a new game, looks like i will be playing quite a bit longer before this new game comes out... ive heard alot of talks about a WHOLE new rs game, but if its a whole new game do i get to keep my same stats?

Also i think Apox or something like that sold his ac[bleep] for around $15,000 US dollars. because i was watching it on e-bay. he was a phat merchant and had a few sets at one time, also just a ton of rares.

:-) thanks for the information :-)

mysig11sv5.png

Its all good, but since I was the only person to comment about auto messages on this thread, I felt the comment was directed at myself entirely.

I hope that last statement wasn't directed at me either. Because I don't think I've ever sent a CS form asking them silly questions such as that. All of my CS/Bug report forms have been concerning legit matters. Not some silly, off the wall, question. If I were to ever have a stupid question (which I never do)... I would come ask it on the forums (that being here or on the main forums, if I had a membership at that time).

It was not, but half the time people complain about CS taking a while to get back to them, its about dumb questions like that.

And Sleets, for a guy who's been posting on a games forums for a while, I am sure you are completely innocent of geekiness. Hope you enjoyed your short tenure here.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

This topic has been cleeeeeaned of spam and flames, please keep to the topic and refrain from insulting me :)

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

This is not fair. You're so lucky! If I were at that meeting, I'd probably get kicked out for standing up in a handmade RuneScape costume and shouting "We love you Andrew!!!" :oops:

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose