11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Zu Zu is best adventurer.

Bad choice of word there Crewbie... (if the reader does not get this, it's better that you dont).

That aside, wouldn't having 3 occultist artefacts mean that your scroll/trade good voyages would basically deprive you of Morale crew on a regular basis?

Edited by Jeremy841
fixed quote..lol
  • Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Right, that wording. Fixing it.

Still need the Occultist's Pincers mission before I can get going with the Quin trio story, if my Hyu-Ji trio voyage comes back and hopefully succeeds, I'll probably build the 3 artefacts so I can try to get her and beat the Pincers mission.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Occultist = Chi

Whaler = Spices

Assassin = Lacquer

Biologist = Bones

Missionary = Plates

Convict = Plates

Not random.

Is that only for Pincers storyline missions, or special adventurers missions too? I am on Pincers and one of the Special Voyages was the Whaler for 5 plates.

Yeah that list is for the stories, outside the stories it is:

Whaler = Plate

Occultist = Chi

Convict = Laquer

Assassin = Spice

Biologist = Bones

Missionary = Bones

Whaler and Biologist = Plate

Missionary and Occultist = Chi

Assassin and Convict = Laquer

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'll soon have enough plates to make a Tetsu platebody soon, would i be better off making the tradeable one and selling immediately before the massive price crash that will inevitably happen or shall i hold on to it in the hope that Jagex will actually update the armour to have a strength bonus sooner rather than later?

Or should i just make a superior and use it myself, but i don't see anywhere where the added defense will be useful at the moment... I only have a 20m cash pile, the 200m cash could be very very useful...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

I'll soon have enough plates to make a Tetsu platebody soon, would i be better off making the tradeable one and selling immediately before the massive price crash that will inevitably happen or shall i hold on to it in the hope that Jagex will actually update the armour to have a strength bonus sooner rather than later?

Or should i just make a superior and use it myself, but i don't see anywhere where the added defense will be useful at the moment... I only have a 20m cash pile, the 200m cash could be very very useful...

The plate is unlikely to sell for its ge value, cant find any prices but for comparison the helms sell for about 15-20m compared to their ge value of ~80-90m

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Hmmm, might just hold on to the plates until they release an strength boosting bonus to the armour, then hopefully the prices will go back up....

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Hmmm, might just hold on to the plates until they release an strength boosting bonus to the armour, then hopefully the prices will go back up....

Didn't they say they're not going to buff it? I'd sell it ASAP.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

or maybe they will rise a bit, since all the people is going to use up their storyline rewards and getting more of trade goods will be a lot harder, so since armors dont last long, there will probably be shortage of them

Didn't they say they're not going to buff it? I'd sell it ASAP.

Is there a QFC for that statement?

Oliboli1992.png

damnnit, getting so very close to the pincers.... pity i havent actually got 90 theiv for the convict storyline.... got scrolls for all of the bodies, gona work on tetsu helm and then one of the scrimshaws, would vampyrism be the best one to get?

meamzed.png

Can I use a crafting pot to make the death lotus gear?

Fairly sure nothing in ports is boostable.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I don't even think you can get the resources without the base lvl of 90? So I'm gonna assume no since all of the items take lv90 right? If some items take higher than 90, then I would guess you could use a potion...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

:D. Got lucky @57% with merchant.

t56t6r.png

1YoNe.Png

And how crazy is this?

2q1grnk.png

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

And how crazy is this?

Hope they've changed the randoms so we can max out on boosts. I'm cool with limiting the re rolls, but I want to have full boosts available for the special voyages. Merchant and the 10% fortune means 20 extra plates.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I don't even think you can get the resources without the base lvl of 90? So I'm gonna assume no since all of the items take lv90 right? If some items take higher than 90, then I would guess you could use a potion...

Nope, I'm 81 RC and I get chi missions all the time. Just not from the occultist, obviously

right guys, so i am at 85% to the pincers, how long doing roughly 8 bowl voyages a day and 7 scythe missions will it take me to reach the pincers? Would I be there by the weekend?

Probably 3 days of that scheme should get you to the Pincers.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

yea thanks, I put my head together finally and figured i should do this myself instead of asking you guys... however something I will ask you all is:

What is the best order of upgrades/crap to buy in the pincers?

meamzed.png