11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Sent out 3 final story lines and a 300 steel missions, all roughly 85+%...Pretty cool

E: Also, I finally got an adventurer re-roll. I look back at it and it says I have two. Either I'm very forgetful or something weird happened. Anyone else experience this? I'm inclined to think that something weird happened. I could have forgotten I received one, but I doubt it cause I always look out for them

Ok so jade totem is up. What should my next totem be?

No totems are (currently) worth it.

Except, maybe, Telescope, but we have no idea how much it influences things at the moment.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Ok so jade totem is up. What should my next totem be?

No totems are (currently) worth it.

Except, maybe, Telescope, but we have no idea how much it influences things at the moment.

An increase is an increase. As resources are so easy to come by, any extra chance to get the bloody scrolls is fine by me.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

So just got back the whaler pincers mission. Base is 100 spice, I put a merchant on that makes 130. I have 4 jade statues and got 135 spice. How much does that make each one worth? Lol

((((Base x Jade Totem) x Jade totem) x Jade totem) x Jade Totem) x Jade Merchant

Or basically, 104 * 1.3 = 135.2, rounded down to 135.

Hope the totems were worth it for ya!

Seeing it written out like that made me realize it doesn't matter the order.

1*2*3*4*5 = 120

5*4*3*2*1 = 120

Edited my post before you posted that.

But yeah, it rounds down after every multiplication before applying the next.

So, literally, the only use those statues have is for that one single 100 spice mission because 1% rounded down only creates a new value for >=100 good missions.

It's awful design, and I have to wonder what Jagex was smoking when they thought it out.

Was under the impression they were planning to fix them.

If not guess I will grind more jade for scroll totems.

As far as I know someone reported the jade statues boosting their reward from the Pincers stories by 1 (25 -> 26), so they probably stack?

I will take note of this for the next one I get.

25*.3=32.5 = 32 *.04 = 33.28 = 33

Or 25 * .3 *.04= 33.5 = 33

Or 25 * .3 = 32.5 = 32 *.01 =32.32 = 32 *.01=32.32 = 32 *.01=32.32 = 32 *.01=32.32 = 32

So 32 means doesn't work worth shit, 33 means it works.

If it does just add up to 4 % that means they are worth it for as low as 3 with a merchant, if there isn't some stupid rounding shit.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Are they giving more than 50 resource per final mission? I'm really excited for full tetsu and sea singer when I get materials.

I'm still waiting on a death lotus remake into something much more graceful and flowing. I think the ninja theme was a good start, but blahhh...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I finished my first day of PoP and it is by far one of my favorite updates in a long time.

I have unlocked 3 of the visitors, reached The Skull, 11 ship upgrades, 4 port upgrades, 1459 chimes and 1301 bamboo.

6,207 travelled as well.

So should my priority be saving up bamboo so I can upgrade the port office? More ship upgrades? Hire better crew?

Dynastyfan0.png

Are they giving more than 50 resource per final mission? I'm really excited for full tetsu and sea singer when I get materials.

I'm still waiting on a death lotus remake into something much more graceful and flowing. I think the ninja theme was a good start, but blahhh...

If you use Jade Merchants and Fortune of the Sea on every final mission, you can get up to 141 Plate, 106 Lacquer, 106 Chi, 106 Ancient bones and 143-149 Spices (Spices depending on amount of Jade Statue totems)

Not including partial success failed missions, of course.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Whoah!! just finished reading trough all these pages after just recently returning to scape'- took almost a day to get(and think) trough, although there is alot of incoherent rambling in there. Having just recently started pops(only reaching the 3rd region tomorrow) there is alot of valuable information i can use to make catching up with other alot easier, although, right now, i can just complete everything in under half a day. Things like knowing when to get the next ships, how to manage earlier resources and the new upgrades have already made my life alot easier thus far. By far the biggest thing to consider for a newbie, though, are the usefulness of merchants and the mechanics of speed- i will certainly take advantage of these aspects when the time is right.

As for pops in general, i really like it, and i can see there is a real liking to it in the community. However, i can't help but feel like we have gone back 2 generations in rpg's with this minigame, losing the graphical aspects aswell as multiplayer interactions. This minigame is just one generation above(being automated instead of written on paper) DnD, basically taking us back 40 years. Although i like pops, i really hope the success of this update doesn't aspire alot more 2nd gen RPG's turned into minigames within RS.

Happy Runedate 4000!

I haven't seen much discussion about the runedate on this thread, but it seems odd that 4k runedate almost exactly matches the chinese new-year, which kind-of makes sense with all the other chinese/asian references they have in pops. Also, as far as i can work out, 1 runedate=1 real day, which is a bit confusing as it would mean that runedate 0 is around the start of february , 2002, many months after the introduction of rs, but also a few weeks prior to the release of members(which is a pretty significant date). Any ideas on what theory might be correct?

Edit: yeah, my calculations weren't accurate enough, it's exactly the day members was released. Just a funny coincidence with the chinese new-year thing, then.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Also I think it's worth adding that this update is the first one that has motivated me to train my skills up to in a long time. The herblore update was probably the last one to do it, but that's a skill rather than a minigame.

I am banging out 90 smithing and fishing for Tetsu and it feels like the old days again!

Dynastyfan0.png

I'm surprised how easy it is to get 90-95%+ on all 4 ships in the Bowl region. I thought I would struggle after getting the 4th ship, but turns it's far from it.

Still need like 8% to the Pincers. :<

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I'm surprised how easy it is to get 90-95%+ on all 4 ships in the Bowl region. I thought I would struggle after getting the 4th ship, but turns it's far from it.

Yeah, about that.

Say goodbye to those days when you hit the Pincers.

I haven't sent out a 90%+ Pincer mission in weeks. Literally.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Yeah, about that.

Say goodbye to those days when you hit the Pincers.

I haven't sent out a 90%+ Pincer mission in weeks. Literally.

Yeah, I figured as much. :P But it was still a nice surprise for the Bowl region.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

It's pretty doable to get 80-90% in the Pincers, but then you'll be stuck doing 140/200 steel missions. The 14500 double/22500 single for 700 steel missions are a pain, I'm getting about 60% on them atm (with merchant, no temp boosts).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

none of those will give plates by themselves, you will have to rely on rare trade good missions granted in the normal missions area

getting the convict to the end of his chain will grant 25 plates, and the convict/missionary/biologist joint story mission grants 50

the rest is whaler solo or whaler/biologist joint which isn't story based but maxed out rewards 5/10 plates

8f14270694.jpg

none of those will give plates by themselves, you will have to rely on rare trade good missions granted in the normal missions area

getting the convict to the end of his chain will grant 25 plates, and the convict/missionary/biologist joint story mission grants 50

the rest is whaler solo or whaler/biologist joint which isn't story based but maxed out rewards 5/10 plates

Actually, both the Missionary and the Convict give 25 plates at the end of their storyline.

It's the only trade good that is awarded twice.

FYI, Whaler: 100 Spices, Occultist: 25 Chi, Assassin: 25 Lacquer, Biologist: 25 Ancient bones

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

I only just onlocked the pincers :o glad I finally caught up lol

Pincers is really the worst thing ever. Now that the race to make armour is over, unless you are rushing to make the Superior ones for yourself, the best tactic is to stick to Bowl (where you can 90+% all of your scrolls and get them in a shorter time) and gather all the scrolls you can. Now that I am in Pincers, I can barely 80% anything giving more than 200 steel, and have not sent a scroll above 75% ever.

I'm sure it will get better once I get all the crew and upgrades, but that's a slow slow process - most days no Pincer crew even appear from my 15 rerolls.