11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Captains:

Pure Moral - 4 moral Traits

Moral Seafaring - Moral based captain - 4 seafaring traits

Pure Combat - 4 Combat Traits

Pure Seafaring - 4 Seafaring Traits

Seafaring Combat - Seafaring Captain - 2-4 Combat Traits 0-2 Seafaring traits.

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Also, got lucky on a 60% mission

[hide]13lacquer.png[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Thank you, on top of this I've considered going 5 oxheads and cutting one moral crew.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Thank you, on top of this I've considered going 5 oxheads and cutting one moral crew.

Thank you very much to both of you for providing that information, wouldn't it depend on luck if you managed to get a captain with those specific traits and roll those specific traits voyages? Would that be too much effort than just getting one captain of each with various traits, i can't see the traits contributing more then 1 or 2% to the overall mission success?

Just a simple yes or no will do =)

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Thank you very much to both of you for providing that information, wouldn't it depend on luck if you managed to get a captain with those specific traits and roll those specific traits voyages? Would that be too much effort than just getting one captain of each with various traits, i can't see the traits contributing more then 1 or 2% to the overall mission success?

Just a simple yes or no will do =)

My other post had the stipulation that you not likely to get those captains but was a general idea to aim for.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

4 Oxheads, is that not excessive?

It's not. 4 is good endgame. Also have 4 JoD

4 oxheads is good because 4/7 voyages are multi stat. 4 jod is a waste because your likely to have a single stat unless you keep rerolling for only multi stats, in which case you'd likely want even more oxheads.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

4 oxheads is good because 4/7 voyages are multi stat. 4 jod is a waste because your likely to have a single stat unless you keep rerolling for only multi stats, in which case you'd likely want even more oxheads.

There are a lot of dual stat voyages in Pincers. For those, you have JoD

3 JoD should cover those.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Couple quick questions, sorry if they've already been covered.

Regarding the bar upgrades. Currently I have the refurbished bar which is 5% higher quality captain and 3% adventurer I noticed none of the Jade upgrades offer a higher % morale captain but one does offer another 5% higher quality captain. Is this on top of the 5% cherrywood so 10% in total?

I already have a 10k chime captain for combat, speed and seafaring I need a 10k morale captain :(

morale is in the steel bar iirc

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

One bar boosts morale/combat the other seafaring/speed right? And one boosts adventurers. There's no steel bar (if you mean bar built with steel).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

One bar boosts morale/combat the other seafaring/speed right? And one boosts adventurers. There's no steel bar (if you mean bar built with steel).

Thats what I was thinking of! Got my self muddled.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

3 JoD should cover those.

For any dual or triple voyage, JoD + Ox + 1 of each Crew + Merchant is better than JoD + 3x crew of types + Merchant, because the Ox counts for an additional solidarity for the dual stat, and has higher base for the triple.

Having same number of JoD + Ox is good, I don't think 4 Ox is necessary unless ALL voyages are doubles.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Happy Runedate 4000!

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

So just got back the whaler pincers mission. Base is 100 spice, I put a merchant on that makes 130. I have 4 jade statues and got 135 spice. How much does that make each one worth? Lol

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For any dual or triple voyage, JoD + Ox + 1 of each Crew + Merchant is better than JoD + 3x crew of types + Merchant, because the Ox counts for an additional solidarity for the dual stat, and has higher base for the triple.

Having same number of JoD + Ox is good, I don't think 4 Ox is necessary unless ALL voyages are doubles.

How do you get 6 crew members on one ship? :).

From my experience of 3 days or so in the pincers, trade goods do show up pretty frequently

Same here. Quite a few more trade good missions.

So just got back the whaler pincers mission. Base is 100 spice, I put a merchant on that makes 130. I have 4 jade statues and got 135 spice. How much does that make each one worth? Lol

1%? Lol.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

((((Base x Jade Totem) x Jade totem) x Jade totem) x Jade Totem) x Jade Merchant

Each totem is 1% bonus, each step is multiplied and rounded down, that comes to 104

104 * 1.3 = 135.2, rounded down to 135.

Hope the totems were worth it for ya!

PS: Still thanks for the research, sincerely. At least we now know totems are applied before merchants.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

((((Base x Jade Totem) x Jade totem) x Jade totem) x Jade Totem) x Jade Merchant

Or basically, 104 * 1.3 = 135.2, rounded down to 135.

Seeing it written out like that made me realize it doesn't matter the order.

1*2*3*4*5 = 120

5*4*3*2*1 = 120

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

1*2*3*4*5 = 120

5*4*3*2*1 = 120

Edited my post before you posted that.

But yeah, it rounds down after every multiplication before applying the next.

So, literally, the only use those statues have is for that one single 100 spice mission because 1% rounded down only creates a new value for >=100 good missions.

It's awful design, and I have to wonder what Jagex was smoking when they thought it out.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

1*2*3*4*5 = 120

5*4*3*2*1 = 120

So, literally, the only use those statues have is for that one single 100 spice mission because 1% rounded down only creates a new value for >=100 good missions.

It's awful design, and I have to wonder what Jagex was smoking when they thought it out.

Was under the impression they were planning to fix them.

If not guess I will grind more jade for scroll totems.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

1*2*3*4*5 = 120

5*4*3*2*1 = 120

Was under the impression they were planning to fix them.

If not guess I will grind more jade for scroll totems.

As far as I know someone reported the jade statues boosting their reward from the Pincers stories by 1 (25 -> 26), so they probably stack?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.