11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Anyone knows the price of tetsu helms? I've only logged in to send in ships since im on holiday, and got spare plates to do a 3rd helm and hopefully some more cash :P.

Also, I was convinced the convict would bring me 25 lacquer for the last storyline mission, am I wrong here? I already had a 25 plate mission from the missionary (?) . I wanted to make death lotus !! crap

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Friend saw someone having trouble selling a tetsu helm for 20m an hour ago if that helps.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Jade is that hard and long lol, only getting 120 each time! :o so 8k for next ship would take some time, yeah ill upgrade people first so i dont fail as often :\

It'll come quicker than you think - once you start having the crew and go furthur into the Bowl, you'll easily get the 320 - 600 Jade missions, at high success. Add in the merchants, and the Jade rolls in. Just got my 4th ship yesterday, and I'm about 56% in.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Just sent out an 88% 25 plate voyage with FotS active. I have 14 plates so I'll be getting my superior tetsu helm in the morning.

Edit: Also send an 85% for 25 chi globes with 10 banked. I'll be 5 short from sea singer helm and I also don't have the 4th scroll.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems pointless to add port scores to hi-scores if there is a cap. I understand 200m is a cap for skills, but idk just seems like *completing* the ports and a hiscore is not needed (or there will be like 10,000 people with the same # at the end of the year). I would be in support of no distance cap and distance to be put on hiscores. I would still omit port scores, because then they'd pretty much be a more compact distance score after you do all upgrades/stories/scrolls.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

^ Think they have to limit port score because if they release new regions, people could just automatically unlock them if they're well travelled enough.

Just sent out an 88% 25 plate voyage with FotS active. I have 14 plates so I'll be getting my superior tetsu helm in the morning.

Edit: Also send an 85% for 25 chi globes with 10 banked. I'll be 5 short from sea singer helm and I also don't have the 4th scroll.

Where are your jade merchants

Also I thought that if you switch between the same tier of port buildings, you actually need to pay to rebuild to the previous one? For example building a Luxurious bar, then a Nautical bar, then a Luxurious bar again would cost 9000 wood and 15000 jade.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Found this mildly amusing

edl8nKa.png

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

Also I thought that if you switch between the same tier of port buildings, you actually need to pay to rebuild to the previous one? For example building a Luxurious bar, then a Nautical bar, then a Luxurious bar again would cost 9000 wood and 15000 jade.

i was under the same impression, at least for icons it charges you everytime you swtich it.

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

So this happened there now when I logged in...

7VD3cQq.png

2 Random events at once, yet I could only do the black marketeers event..

Also, just got my 4th ship, this will be fun :D

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Should reach pincers tomorrow. Woohoo.

I still have the convict story line to finish, I'm on the last 7 hour base one right now. Kinda sucks cause I sent a scroll last night from him instead of his story line and I ended up failing the scroll. :(

^ Think they have to limit port score because if they release new regions, people could just automatically unlock them if they're well travelled enough.

Is that really that bad? That's kind of how RS skills work. When rune armour was the highest levelled armour in the game, people that decided to level past level 40 had an advantage when dragon armour etc. was released.

22031_s.gif

So back to what saradomin wizard was asking... Can you make the bar and shipwright purchases and switch between them or do you have them treated like separate upgrades?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Someone else interpreted it as not sending anything at all which of course is bad.

EDIT: This was reply to iridium 3 pages or so back...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Is that really that bad? That's kind of how RS skills work. When rune armour was the highest levelled armour in the game, people that decided to level past level 40 had an advantage when dragon armour etc. was released.

It's just as bad as the random event "exploit" (read: not bad at all).

If Jagex wanted to release more than one new area at once in the future, extra distance would work against them. Not saying that's likely, but you'd end up with people being able to instantly access an area without any upgrades from the previous one.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

If Jagex wanted to release more than one new area at once in the future, extra distance would work against them. Not saying that's likely, but you'd end up with people being able to instantly access an area without any upgrades from the previous one.

Then you choose to get the upgrades from the first area before you hit the second. More player choice isn't a bad thing.

I wasn't too fond of merchanting every mission, but at the suggestion of various people I did finally get back to two Jade Merchants. Usually I get from 90-95% to 80%, I fail a lot more missions, and just today I lost my second crew mate ever(a Jade Merchant on a 80% mission, fortunately I was instantly able to replace it). I mean obviously you want the merchants on the trade good missions, but I am not convinced that they do really all that good on standard missions. It's true that statistically they will yield more rewards, but only over a very long series of trials(voyages) will it all balance out.

It depends on what resources you are working on, as well as one's experiences with them.

I consider myself to be amongst the luckier players, succeeding on the 'Important' voyages (such as scrolls and some trade goods) while failing on the 'non-important' ones like resources, and I cannot remember the last time I lost a crew member (I have had life boats for several weeks, possibly even over a month, and they never 'procced'), so I have grown to the point that I am perfectly happy to send a voyage with 60ish % with merchants over a 70% without one.

Merchants are absolutely unmissable for regions before your current one, since the success rates for those are already very high.

The only question is what the optimal number is. We can all agree on that 4 is definitely too much, 1 is probably too little, so it's probably just a toss up between 2 or 3.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Chenw, I have 3 overseers, 3 merchants, 4 duel skill (currently 2 jade and 2 witch), and 5 crew each. It's been very balanced, I can get 80%+ on most missions and fail very few (so far no deaths).

------------------------------------

Here's an idea for those looking to max out scrolls: After you max out your crew and ship for the region and have the buildings you want, shift your focus to the Scythe region. Don't do voyages unless they're for a trade good or a scroll. I'm assuming you don't need resources anymore and the trade goods missions take 13 hour in pincers for 4 goods. As such, you want to hold off your ship getting to the Pincer region as long as possible. If you stick to Scythe, you can find trade good missions at 5 hours for 2 items. During this time, you're approaching the Pincers slowly. Every day, your adventurers then brings scroll and trade good missions which are easier to do since you're not in the Pincers yet.

If you get to the pincers, it shouldn't matter as all the scroll missions now are at Pincer level. After you max out your ship and crew, you're likely rerolling all resource voyages to get the more valuable trade good and scrolls so you should use up all voyages. If it turns out the you can't do all the trade good missions in one day (due to lots of adventurers offering them), then switch to lower region that allows faster voyages at an easier chance.

Mod Edam also posted he's likely to update the Trade Good Totem to increase chance of trade good mission by 5% (not stackable).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

That argument has a problem in it:

The chance of a Trade good mission coming up, whether you are focused on say Pincer or Bowl region, should be the same (at least there is nothing to suggest otherwise), meaning that, while the trade good missions in late regions might be better per voyage, it probably is worse off on a per day basis.

Like your above example, a Scythe trade good voyage takes 5 hours for 2 trade goods, while the pincer one takes 13 hours for 4.

There are two problems with the former approach:

1. The scythe voyage is unaffected by Merchants, so you are only going to get 2 trade goods out of it, regardless of what you put on your ships. Meaning that if you stick a merchant on the Pincer voyage, assuming success in both cases, you'd already be pretty even for trade goods per hour between the two approaches.

2. Here is what I consider the kicker argument: If you want to get as much trade good a day in scythe as you are in bowl, you need to do at least 1.25x as many voyages for Scythe as you do for Pincer in order to achieve the same amount of trade goods over the same period of time. (I am assuming 75% trade mission success rate in Pincer VS 100% in Scythe). Which I find no evidence that Voyages in Scythe yields that much more Trade good voyages than Pincer. I can be proven wrong, but I doubt there is even enough daily trade good missions where if all 4 of your ships are entirely used up for trade goods (even given two adventurers), it would cause you problem of not being able to do further trade goods.

EDIT: I'd like to add that the above argument only hold if the Trade goods are voyage limited, not time limited.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

If you stick to scythe to do scrolls/trade goods you will very rarely be sending out more than 1 wave (4 ships) of ships anyway. Why not send out 1 wave (4 ships) of ships in the pincers and get more trade goods? The only way this would work is if you had enough scroll/trade good missions that the scythe would gain you more per day than the pincers, but this is not the case. You will end up with 1 scroll voyage per day and a similar number of trade good missions, though the scythe ones will be for less items.

Man, anyone else having trouble with Pincer crew on the eyes?

I've been so accustomed to the standard green, red and blue mix that I've gotten used to it. I can't differentiate Harem of Soothsayers and Travelling Band on a glance like I could with earlier crew.

:(

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]