11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I don't see how a defensive set effect is going to make PoP armour more usable. Right now, it's equal to (not better than) Nex armour at Nex and the KK, so usable there if you tank, but nowhere else. If you add a defensive set effect, it's usable... still only tanking Nex and KK, because you don't need defence anywhere else.

Ports armour costs about 50 gp per second to use, rounded up to the nearest 6s increment (using Surge, Escape, Freedom out of combat - 300 gp please). It's just a giant waste of money.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

They don't really need a set effect.

They are cheap and easy to get.

That already makes it better than Nex.

+76 damage is junk unless your using the fastest speed attacks.

If Nex sets fall below 50mil then the above assessment may change.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

More Pincer storylines, for anyone who hasn't beaten them yet.

Hail to the Khan

[hide]"The exiled khan, Tubjub, has amassed an army of The Lost Men to invade Hyu-Ji. The island is doomed unless the Convict can meet them with explosives."

Word gets to you that Tubjub, the deposed khan, has amassed an army of Lost Men to attack Hyu-Ji, and Marcus meets you over this news. You intend to send a ship out to defend Hyu-Ji, but Marcus knows better; he's been within the Lost Men for a while, and knows that to face them head-on would result in unnecessary deaths. Instead, he recounts a story of his time on Hyu-Ji: the sea orphans would often bring him items - sulphur, charcoal, and sea shells - and Marcus noted that they were always careful to keep them apart. With this in mind, Marcus intends to sail out to meet Tubjub with explosives made from these.

Upon completion, the ship returns and your captain mentions to you that the explosives "turned Tubjub and the Lost Men into a fine red mist". Marcus tells you of how the council of Hyu-Ji wish to meet him, and install him as khan of Hyu-Ji, an offer he gladly plans to accept as it will keep him safer from his pursuers, with the other khans of the isles backing him up. Under his leadership, he hopes that the sea orphans will be able to protect themselves, and bids you farewell.[/hide]

People are the Deadliest Disease

[hide]"A pirate raid is about to arrive at Hyu-Ji island, and the sea orphans are too weak from the plague to fight effectively. It's time to send in the heavies."

Bethan discovers who broke into her lab to spread the plague: it was Finia, the sea orphan who she rescued from the Blazing Lanterns. Additionally, he's managed to escape quarantine and has returned to the Clan, which leads Bethan to believe that she had been set up the whole time. Now, three ships of the Blazing Lanterns Clan are sailing from the Pincers towards Hyu-Ji; with the sea orphans too weak to defend themselves, the Biologist joins you on your ship to intercept the pirates with explosives and acid.

Upon completion, Bethan returns to tell you that they managed to sink two of the pirate ships, though Finia managed to escape. She reflects on all that's happened, and how she's gained a sense of empathy towards the sea orphans. Bethan realises there's much to be learnt from them; with this in mind, she puts aside her research in favour of spending more time with the sea orphans, protecting them from the myriad threats they face.[/hide]

Pulling The Tooth

[hide]"Send a ship to attack Pearl Fortress: the Death Lotus headquarters. The Assassin will try to kill Baby Tooth, their leader."

Before coming to port, Ling had visted Kirau, her informer, who explained that he betrayed her because Quin threatened to level his village. Out of duty to the traditions of the Death Lotus, Ling executes Kirau. Now she plans to attack the Death Lotus headquarters of the Pearl Fortress, striking them in an attack so brazen that it will hopefully catch them off-guard, and kill Baby Tooth.

Upon completion, Ling returns to tell you that Baby Tooth is dead, the Order broken, and that she has claimed vengeance for her hand at last. Though they may regroup, Ling knows that the Death Lotus will no longer pursue her, as is their tradition. She foresees that Quin may also abandon her search for Ling; nonetheless, she vows to hunt down and kill Quin too. She thanks you for your shelter, ships, crew and wisdom, and agrees to be at your disposal.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Edit: nevermind, i was thinking of blood sausage and thick red paste

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

This morning I got my random for the day - 1x Captain, crew reroll and a bag of winds. I had 2 Captain re-rolls at the time, 3 Crew rerolls and 3 bag of winds. However, all of them maxed out. I'm gonna assume now the maximum number of possible captain and adventurer reroll is 1. Pretty stupid tbh

They don't really need a set effect.

They are cheap and easy to get.

That already makes it better than Nex.

+76 damage is junk unless your using the fastest speed attacks.

If Nex sets fall below 50mil then the above assessment may change.

+76 damage is a damage boost of just over 5% to lvel 80 tier weapons. It's actually quite a significant bonus.

I plan on having all untradables before even trying to sell anything.

Also...

OQEb9Rf.png

Why even bother selling anything in months when they will be worth nothing :P ?

Unlocked Ox today, hopefully will be able to hire 2 on rerolls (passed barmaid tip and adventurer resource voyage with merchants :D ).

Having lots of issues to load the game :S , anyone else having this issue?

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Also...

OQEb9Rf.png

Unlocked Ox today, hopefully will be able to hire 2 on rerolls (passed barmaid tip and adventurer resource voyage with merchants :D ).

May as well get some money due to Ports not seeming that useful for much after the armour. Scrimshaws are a nice bonus though.

Robbstarkded.png

Shouldnt the final mission for the convict bring me lacquer? Its bringing me 25 plates! :S

Meleescape lives!

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Random events are really [bleep]ed up. I'm using my bag of winds now for speed when it's convenient for me. I got a special voyage down to 10:26 so I could send out another voyage in sync with my other ones and when I sent it said ETA 11:11. Dumbbb

Shouldnt the final mission for the convict bring me lacquer? Its bringing me 25 plates! :S

Meleescape lives!

Really pissed on that! I already got many plates from the Whaler storyline. I was counting on that lacquer to sell a death lotus piece :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Random events are really [bleep]ed up. I'm using my bag of winds now for speed when it's convenient for me. I got a special voyage down to 10:26 so I could send out another voyage in sync with my other ones and when I sent it said ETA 11:11. Dumbbb

I had one that said 10h30m after using bag of wind, but when I sent it the time remaining was 9 hours.

Also...

OQEb9Rf.png

May as well get some money due to Ports not seeming that useful for much after the armour. Scrimshaws are a nice bonus though.

Meh... I'm sitting on a nice cash stack. I could also sell floors if I really needed it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I had one that said 10h30m after using bag of wind, but when I sent it the time remaining was 9 hours.

Don't tell me I'm the only one who laughed

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015