11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

i've got all the Jade ship upgrades and all Jade crew.

for my first building upgrade, should i go for Bar or Office?

might seem like an odd question but i have been extremely unlucky with 10k captains - have only ever seen 3 and 2 of them were speed based. i feel the poor quality captains i am currently using are holding me back...

cheers,

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

So I'll be making seasinger hood tomorrow. I have 29 chi's now, and just sent voyage for another 6 (100% rating). Does anyone have any idea what they sell for?

Can't see you getting more than 35m for it going by rsof.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Can anyone confirm the usefulness of the "Receive more trade goods from trade goods mission" totem. Is it anything significant?

It's very minuscule. Which is ridiculous for the amount of effort it takes to make it.

I am beginning to grow more and more weary of PoP, it's looking like it will take a few months just to get the armours.

Given any luck I should complete my Tetsu helm scroll today, which leaves me with just Death Lotus armor scrolls to get before I complete all armor scrolls, but I am tempted to start Vampyrism after Tetsu though.

At the rate I am progressing through Bowl, it will probably take me another two weeks before I make it to Pincers. I should be able to get Vamp and at least 1 part of the Death Lotus armor (2 with any luck, if I am very lucky with the Scroll voyages showing up).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Well it would be nice to get some stats from an actual jmod. I mean I couldn't honestly see a 1% bonus to trade goods really being added as statistical number in the live game coming from an intelligent being. I mean this wouldn't even be be effective for spice voyages where you get like 20 spice... That's still 1/5 of one spice gained. I think it would be much more understandable to see the totem offering 15% trade goods. You could do one totem on a 5 trade good mission as get 6 back. Or you could do one totem/trader and get 7. Then maybe even have stacked totems for two totems and a trader giving 8. Catch my drift?

Well anyways I did a random and got 3x crew rerolls from it. I got no scroll voyages today which makes me sad. I suppose ill concentrate on my luxurious bar...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Spent some time playing with the voyage calculator today. JoD is worth it on all non single stat voyages so definitely going for 3 of those. The penalty for using a merchant in terms of success wasn't that bad. I'm more then willing to trade 10% success for 30% more goods so I'll do 3 of those. I had been thinking 3 ox face but now I'm considering 4. The best setup for a triple stat is 4 ox and JoD or 3 and a merchant. Considering that you will statistically get more multi stat voyages Ox heads are the best crew to have. So considering this to be my new setup:

Captains:

Pure Moral - 4 moral Traits

Moral Seafaring - Moral based captain - 4 seafaring traits

Pure Combat - 4 Combat Traits

Pure Seafaring - 4 Seafaring Traits

Seafaring Combat - Seafaring Captain - 2-4 Combat Traits 0-2 Seafaring traits.

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Or

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

7 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

4Combat

4 Moral

4 Seafaring

Based on the premise of wanting a merchant on the boat. Doing this I could also swap one oxhead and have 4 merchants but I'm not sure about that.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Spent some time playing with the voyage calculator today. JoD is worth it on all non single stat voyages so definitely going for 3 of those. The penalty for using a merchant in terms of success wasn't that bad. I'm more then willing to trade 10% success for 30% more goods so I'll do 3 of those. I had been thinking 3 ox face but now I'm considering 4. The best setup for a triple stat is 4 ox and JoD or 3 and a merchant. Considering that you will statistically get more multi stat voyages Ox heads are the best crew to have. So considering this to be my new setup:

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Or

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

7 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

4Combat

4 Moral

4 Seafaring

Based on the premise of wanting a merchant on the boat. Doing this I could also swap one oxhead and have 4 merchants but I'm not sure about that.

The issue with just putting a ton of Oxheads onto one ship, is that you then lose a good chunk of the Solidarity bonus. Having a boatfull of them would only be good for triple stat voyages, which are only one of many possible outcomes.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Or

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

7 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

4Combat

4 Moral

4 Seafaring

The issue with just putting a ton of Oxheads onto one ship, is that you then lose a good chunk of the Solidarity bonus. Having a boatfull of them would only be good for triple stat voyages, which are only one of many possible outcomes.

See they were actually chosen a lot by the calculator. Because ox heads are equal to other crew if you don't need the solidarity to hit your goals.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Captains:

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

4 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

5 Combat

5 Moral

5 Seafaring

Or

Crew:

3 Jade Merchants

7 Ox Head

3 Judge of the Dice

4Combat

4 Moral

4 Seafaring

See they were actually chosen a lot by the calculator. Because ox heads are equal to other crew if you don't need the solidarity to hit your goals.

Considering you must be in the pincer in the first place to have Oxheads, you're likely always going to need the Solidarity bonus.

Everything I calculated assumed level 10 pincer crew

I'm... not sure what that had to do with anything. I was talking about how, being in the pincer, voyages are going to be harder than you can actually get 100% for.

I'm... not sure what that had to do with anything. I was talking about how, being in the pincer, voyages are going to be harder than you can actually get 100% for.

And I'm telling you that with a merchant on board and maxed crew you can 100% most missions.

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

And I'm telling you that with a merchant on board and maxed crew you can 100% most missions.

Are we... playing the same game here? Are you telling me, you can 100% a 20,000 stat voyage with a merchant on board?

Can you even get 100% WITHOUT a merchant on board?

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Remember say increases are on a percent scale. So crew base stats for the bowl are 1000 and start out at minimum gaining 100 in the stat. Pincer crew vase stats start out at 1200 and start out gaining at minimum 120 in the stat.

My question is what does a level 5, 6, and 7 pincer crew base stats look like? Times that by 5 and you'll have a good idea if its much more harsher than the ther transitions or on par.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The stat gains are not a minimum, they ALWAYS gain 10% of their BASE stats (IE any bonuses and penalties from Traits are ignored in that 10%), so a level 5 would have 150% of their base stat, level 6 160% etc.

So a MCS pincer crew would have 1800, 1920 and 2040 stat at level 5, 6 and 7 respectively, then apply your trait and personal bonuses to get your final crew stat.

tim_chenw2.png

So base ships stats for one specialization would be 3800 right? Plus 5 x 1800 (I figure 1800 because generally things get harder to level by then)... That's a total of 12800. So with a 20k stat voyage that's pretty stiff. Roughly a 66% chance ball parking it...

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Actually, stuff gets much easier to level as you progress into the higher regions, with the voyages in each subsequent region giving more XP.

Max morale :

Ship (800 + 1350x2 + 1400)

Level 10 Captain with 4x Awe-Inspiring (1800)

5 Level 10 Travelling Bands (12000)

Sub-Total : 18700

Nautical shipwright (who builds Luxurious anyway): 19261 (85% success on 22500 mission)

Seafaring would be 18595 (82%), without a figurehead and a weaker hull, but with the Nautical shipwright.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

poprandom.jpg

So apparently 0 Adventurer rerolls is the maximum now (I had 0 for a few days)?

[bleep] you, Jagex. [bleep] you.

I expect to be reimbursed for this, but I know I won't be.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

poprandom.jpg

So apparently 0 Adventurer rerolls is the maximum now (I had 0 for a few days)?

[bleep] you, Jagex. [bleep] you.

I expect to be reimbursed for this, but I know I won't be.

Are you sure it's adventurer reroll?

Doesn't crew reroll use that same icon in the rewards screen?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue