11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

If you get 3 totems you get a bonus on 50 trade goods missions aswell.

Also the armor is worthless, it doesn't have a set bonus whilst Nex armour does have a set bonus making PoP armor only better in Defense and Hitpoints.

These armours are set to get a bonus later on. Ad nex sets have a slight bonus damage for using the whole set which is just a touch more for dps, but nothing on defense. Other than that both are pretty equal.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

If you get 3 totems you get a bonus on 50 trade goods missions aswell.

Also the armor is worthless, it doesn't have a set bonus whilst Nex armour does have a set bonus making PoP armor only better in Defense and Hitpoints.

That's only because Jagex are slow. They've already confirmed they're going to give PoP gear a set effect, they're just working out what yet.

How many hotdogs does it take to mow a garage door?

Another "great" thing about PoP is that when you do the marketeer or bar random and you disconnect - its gone. WTH Jagex, why don't you implement the same 5-10 minutes save option as you do for dunging... ?

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

Everything I calculated assumed level 10 pincer crew

I'm... not sure what that had to do with anything. I was talking about how, being in the pincer, voyages are going to be harder than you can actually get 100% for.

And I'm telling you that with a merchant on board and maxed crew you can 100% most missions.

Are we... playing the same game here? Are you telling me, you can 100% a 20,000 stat voyage with a merchant on board?

The wiki didn't have any specials with req that high.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm... not sure what that had to do with anything. I was talking about how, being in the pincer, voyages are going to be harder than you can actually get 100% for.

And I'm telling you that with a merchant on board and maxed crew you can 100% most missions.

Are we... playing the same game here? Are you telling me, you can 100% a 20,000 stat voyage with a merchant on board?

I don't think the wiki has all the information about Pincers yet :P Goods voyage in the Pincers are 20k single, 14.5k double or 10k triple.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't think the wiki has all the information about Pincers yet :P Goods voyage in the Pincers are 20k single, 14.5k double or 10k triple.

Single stat voyages for 700 steel in pincer is 22,5k

Lvl 109 main - retired

Currently playing:

Lvl 107 Rune pure with 99 range, 99 hp, 99 mage, 99 att, 99 str and 98 slayer

Lvl 200 Maxed with 114 dung.

Norge ruler!

poprandom.jpg

So apparently 0 Adventurer rerolls is the maximum now (I had 0 for a few days)?

[bleep] you, Jagex. [bleep] you.

I expect to be reimbursed for this, but I know I won't be.

Are you sure it's adventurer reroll?

Doesn't crew reroll use that same icon in the rewards screen?

If it was, my Crew reroll effects aren't maxed either.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Could be that they lowered the cap.

That wouldn't surprise me you seemed to be able to stockpile far more of them than any other.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Finally got the last scroll for the legs!

3480g44.png

Trying to sell it now. :P.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Hey,

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow, as it's nearly clocking off time, a few quick responses:

"• The Slayer Trait in Player-Owned Ports now correctly gives +100 combat.

• The Traits in Player-Owned Ports that increase or decrease the ship’s stats by 1% now work correctly."

Yep I'm aware of these problems and the fact that slow is -80% speed rather than -80 speed. Will be firing those off as bugs tomorrow morning.

Equally I'm going to look into the totems tomorrow to see what I can do to make them more useful. (Please note these things can take time from investigating to actually getting into the game, but we'll do our best) blk.gif

Given that PoP armour got a hefty armour increase we felt it didn't need a set effect to remain better than Nex - we will continue to monitor this, however.

Quick find code: 15-16-19-64214683

Robbstarkded.png

"we felt it didn't need a set effect to remain better than Nex "

Shed a tear

After they confirmed them to be getting a set effect too =/

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Hey,

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow, as it's nearly clocking off time, a few quick responses:

• The Traits in Player-Owned Ports that increase or decrease the ship’s stats by 1% now work correctly."

Yep I'm aware of these problems and the fact that slow is -80% speed rather than -80 speed. Will be firing those off as bugs tomorrow morning.

Equally I'm going to look into the totems tomorrow to see what I can do to make them more useful. (Please note these things can take time from investigating to actually getting into the game, but we'll do our best) blk.gif

Given that PoP armour got a hefty armour increase we felt it didn't need a set effect to remain better than Nex - we will continue to monitor this, however.

Err, No it doesn't !!

PortStats_zpsb1ecde36.png

the_lad_1.png

poprandom.jpg

So apparently 0 Adventurer rerolls is the maximum now (I had 0 for a few days)?

[bleep] you, Jagex. [bleep] you.

I expect to be reimbursed for this, but I know I won't be.

Are you sure it's adventurer reroll?

Doesn't crew reroll use that same icon in the rewards screen?

I also lost an adventurer reroll because it thought I had the max amount despite having none.

EDIT2

Just happened: evam85.png - once again I had 0 to begin with - obviously, since I had 0 yesterday when this occured and lost that one.

EDIT

Also I'm really far behind. I pretty much just got to Bowl. What's the recommended upgrade order?

2dgucz6.png

"we felt it didn't need a set effect to remain better than Nex "

Shed a tear

They're so bleeping stupid. It didn't get an armour upgrade, the scaling is just different now. Versus tier 85 weapons, Ports armour is just as good as Nex equipment is versus tier 80 weapons. And given that there's no tier 85 weapons to go around (drygore being exclusively melee and dual wield at that), the extra defence is overkill anyway, less valuable than damage. And Ports armour is much more expensive than Nex armour too. Literally the only use for Ports armour would be tanking Nex/KK, but for that the most important thing is resonance at the right time plus 30% damage reduction.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hey,

Err, No it doesn't !!

PortStats_zpsb1ecde36.png

I would imagine they are referring it to being fixed in their code, not necessarily having been pushed to the live game which will most probably either have to a) happen with system update or b) happen with port reset

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Disappointed at no set effects. It seems like they're doing everything they can to artificially increase nex set's value.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun