Behind The Scenes - August 2013

Tim

or wear some strange kind of trinket that prevents a specific tyle of monster from shopdawhopping you.

Level 60 slayer to be able to put a peg over your nose and not suffocate

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think that someone who has killed Nex, Vorago, the Kalphite kind and queen, dagannoth kings, Nomad, and every other big mother hubbard of a boss can figure out "shoot/zap/smash stuff until it dies"

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I see these new black knights and can only think of...

289px-BlackLegionColourSchemeVariant_zpscb05660a.jpg

LET THE GALAXY GIELINOR BURN!

• Like 4

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I never got why you need a rock hammer to kill gargoyles. You'd think any crush weapon would work fine.

Because magic.

• Like 1

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I'm looking forward to the reworked Black Knights' Fortress quest. The last few reworks (Demon Slayer notwithstanding) have been pretty good.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm looking forward to the reworked Black Knights' Fortress quest. The last few reworks (Demon Slayer notwithstanding) have been pretty good.

Same, Kaida. I know some people really seem to hate the sig heroes, but I think the add to the world and have a lot of potential. I'd love to be able to recruit Sir Owen to Zaros. There's a Zarosian altar is Fally castle already so wouldn't need to change much.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Same, Kaida. I know some people really seem to hate the sig heroes, but I think the add to the world and have a lot of potential. I'd love to be able to recruit Sir Owen to Zaros. There's a Zarosian altar is Fally castle already so wouldn't need to change much.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the signature heroes now they are getting some decent content, I did however have a distaste for them before because they seemed to be npcs just put in game and casually thrown in to some content simply for the sake of going look continuity between marketing and the game!

I just hope Xeina, Lynsa and the Raptor can have some good quests that truly centre of them soon.

Lynsa would make a lot of sense for a Knight's Sword rework.

Shield of Arrav rework would be nice to get rid of that ever slightly awkward you need a 2nd person thing and could perhaps offer a role for Xeina in helping you get the other half; heck could even be a her centric quest to kind of amp up the grandeur of the shield and make it so she just needs some inexperience noob to get the other half for her.

In the vein of 'fixing' characters as well I'd like to see the whole Camelot, Merlin and attached quests redone. Camelot is just so out of place in Runescape, especially since they removed Romeo and Juliet and there's so much potential for a very Runescapian lore-rich rework keeping loosely to the existing plot and structures. Given the Temple of Ikov and such you could even make it a sort of Armadyllian place that would fit in with the themes or chivalry and justice and offer a good excuse for some knights to be there. Doesn't even have to be sort of overtly Armadyl could just have like structural nods in the decor and stuff and it's an order of knights that has always protected the place but kinda doesn't really know why anymore. And the retrieval of the holy grail (obviously changed to something else) would offer a sort of comedic nod to the fact the remaining Armadyllians (assume this is a 5th age quest) are a bit useless when it comes to keeping stuff (ergo they lost the staff and they had lost access to the sky fortresses now used for clan citadels) And it'd leave a nice setup to come back to with 6th age content to unravel just what exactly it was orignal there for.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't think theres anything wrong with the signature heroes now they are getting some decent content, I did however have a distaste for them before because they seemed to be npcs just put in game and casually thrown in to some content simply for the sake of going look continuity between marketing and the game!

I just hope Xeina, Lynsa and the Raptor can have some good quests that truly centre of them soon.

Lynsa would make a lot of sense for a Knight's Sword rework.

Shield of Arrav rework would be nice to get rid of that ever slightly awkward you need a 2nd person thing and could perhaps offer a role for Xeina in helping you get the other half; heck could even be a her centric quest to kind of amp up the grandeur of the shield and make it so she just needs some inexperience noob to get the other half for her.

In the vein of 'fixing' characters as well I'd like to see the whole Camelot, Merlin and attached quests redone. Camelot is just so out of place in Runescape, especially since they removed Romeo and Juliet and there's so much potential for a very Runescapian lore-rich rework keeping loosely to the existing plot and structures. Given the Temple of Ikov and such you could even make it a sort of Armadyllian place that would fit in with the themes or chivalry and justice and offer a good excuse for some knights to be there. Doesn't even have to be sort of overtly Armadyl could just have like structural nods in the decor and stuff and it's an order of knights that has always protected the place but kinda doesn't really know why anymore. And the retrieval of the holy grail (obviously changed to something else) would offer a sort of comedic nod to the fact the remaining Armadyllians (assume this is a 5th age quest) are a bit useless when it comes to keeping stuff (ergo they lost the staff and they had lost access to the sky fortresses now used for clan citadels) And it'd leave a nice setup to come back to with 6th age content to unravel just what exactly it was orignal there for.

I like those ideas a lot. I feel like xenia's blood pact quest was a good intro for her, the way she kind of ushered you through that of course fits better for lower levelled players but fits her character. I can kind of see why they aren't reworking camelot, Its multiple quests and has a relatively decent fanbase, plus has been part of rs for a long time. They got a lot of heat for removing Romeo and Juliette which was just a small quest. However I think if they put the same detail they put into the sig hero reworks it could be great....just don't make it another Demon Slayer.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It's been stated many times by a lot of different Jagex mods that they really want to rework Camelot + the Knights of the Round Table quests to be less based off Arthurian legend--and made into something uniquely RuneScape.

A while ago, the lore was fine with having connections to the real world (Camelot, King Arthur, Humans coming from Earth through the World Gate, etc) but since then they've decided to actively retcon those sort of references in favor of more unique in-universe alternatives.

I'm interested to see how it works out. There's definitely a lot of ways they could work it into the Sixth Age--I agree with the idea that they could be Armadyl related somehow. There's definitely a lot of thematic similarities in the area, with the whole justice and idealism vibe coming from Armadyl right now.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

I just hope Xeina gets her chat head reworked again so she no longer looks like an old transvestite...

[hide=then]

mask1a.png

[/hide]

[hide=now]

Xeniachathead.png

[/hide]

• Like 3

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Has anyone thought that divination might be a slight item sink for some perticilarly useful items? We got shown a level 92 divination item that requires 4 prayer potion (4). You really don't run into them unless a player purposely decants them. It makes me wonder if we will see people soaking up prayer potions to use on divination. Making them rise to considerable price again (watch this space herb farmers!) the portent of protect item isn't that big of a deal, useful mind you, but think about heavier items such as dragonstones and such? Could we see then used?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Portent of Slaying that requires an abyssal whip as a secondary ingredient?

Or

Dark Bows/Gmauls/all the other slayer drops left in Gielinor's Lost and Found.

• Like 1

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I always thought the point of that quest requiring a second person was to help new players make a in game friend?

Nonetheless I do like all your other suggestions.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I always thought the point of that quest requiring a second person was to help new players make a in game friend?

Nonetheless I do like all your other suggestions.

That is meant to be the point, however that doesn't stop it being a sucky mechanic that is a pita and leaves a whole host of people abandoning the quest and completion largely relies on forum threads rather than forging genuine friendships. It just comes too early on, lacks basic replayability (to allow us to help others like we can with heroes) and is kinda biased as (from what I remember) one gang is significantly easier than the other to figure out (hence why basically everyone and their mom needs a blackarm person opposed to a phoenix).

I mean Heroes sort of works, it's still a pita mechanic we'd be better off without imo, but its later in the game when people tend to have friends and clans. Plus it lets you redo your part to help out friends later on. Shield of Arrav is just a mess that most people end up ignoring entirely for ages.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue