20-Aug-2013 - Divination

Saradomin_Mage

eh, if they're fiddling with it this much, the highscores won't really mean anything besides "getting there fast enough before jagex nerfs it into the ground"

handy to have around, but by no means will there be money to make

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

eh, if they're fiddling with it this much, the highscores won't really mean anything besides "getting there fast enough before jagex nerfs it into the ground"

handy to have around, but by no means will there be money to make

In some fairness that has already happened XD they had two other big hot fixes so far today with Div, which made it so only 1 person could get a chronicle and made it so you couldn't 2 tick gather memories. Regardless if people agree with these fixes or not, they still decreased experience rates by ~30% (now cannot gather memories faster than 3 ticks per and takes quite a bit longer to get 10 chronicles that add a fair amount of experience too).

While these fixes were done before anyone broke the 50 level barrier, they still separated the gap between those that had been consistently 2 tick gathering already, opposed to those that weren't and seems Jagex has leveled the playing field where the only way to get more experience is to put in more time. Their are very few ways to increase your experience per hour, other than buying energy, which can come at a cost of 200gp per exp or much, much higher, which isn't very practical unless you get energy donations.

Not my intent to say this in any derogatory fashion, but I've heard of people donating energy to Suomi to help him power through his levels and that is how he's leveled so quickly even though he didn't start right at release. I have not seen this myself though so I wouldn't take it as 100% fact, but a possibility.

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Is it worth converting energy then getting the bonus xp or is converting the energy first a waste of time?

Are the chronicles worth handing in? Anyone know how much more xp you get from handing in to guthix altar compared to the spot in Draynor?

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

even if they did, i honestly don't care since it'd be something the players did, because of the way the skill's set up, and not something jagex didn't intend

i just want consistent rules and no gimmicks

conversion of memories to energy is less efficient because energy gives a small amount of exp overall, and conversion rate for normal memories is already less than 5 energy

the double feed is just so that people don't end up with huge piles of energy that are useless to their high level needs

8f14270694.jpg

Not my intent to say this in any derogatory fashion, but I've heard of people donating energy to Suomi to help him power through his levels and that is how he's leveled so quickly even though he didn't start right at release. I have not seen this myself though so I wouldn't take it as 100% fact, but a possibility.

Having 100 people telling you which world to quick hop to for enriched energy doesn't hurt either.

Divination is the worst skill ever

ekhm... firemeaking, ekhm.

i can see the firemaking skillcape guy angrily shaking his fist over the hill at them blasted kids who don't care about firemaking anymore at the level 30 vortex
  • Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

Having 100 people telling you which world to quick hop to for enriched energy doesn't hurt either.

This is a collaborative effort everyone in the fc benefits from, not just suomi.

Asmodean <3

I'm sure that the majority of high lvl players don't like the XP rates because they aren't used to doing a gathering skill..

This is the SECOND gathering skill since... RS2 came out.

Slayer, was mostly mindless killing what you are told

Construction was a creation skill, and always has been a very fast skill.

Hunter is another gathering skill, but was horribly broken on release, but a tad balanced in that the xp per action was high as you had to compete with other people for resources.

Summoning, not so much as a gathering skill but a bit of both really. The gathering is slow, but most people do it without thinking, and think that the XP for using it is really fast when they use the charms.

Dungeoneering is a minigame and not a skill

I think that if you went to do the math of training WC, mining, or fishing, while competing for spots (Especially mining) that the xp is about the same as divination

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I'm sure that the majority of high lvl players don't like the XP rates because they aren't used to doing a gathering skill..

This is the SECOND gathering skill since... RS2 came out.

Slayer, was mostly mindless killing what you are told

Construction was a creation skill, and always has been a very fast skill.

Hunter is another gathering skill, but was horribly broken on release, but a tad balanced in that the xp per action was high as you had to compete with other people for resources.

Summoning, not so much as a gathering skill but a bit of both really. The gathering is slow, but most people do it without thinking, and think that the XP for using it is really fast when they use the charms.

Dungeoneering is a minigame and not a skill

I think that if you went to do the math of training WC, mining, or fishing, while competing for spots (Especially mining) that the xp is about the same as divination

I don't buy the whole DG is not a skill argument. Do you not get more efficient at the dungeons as you progress? One might even say that all of the different experiences, and scenarios you've come across have compiled in your brain into an efficient and well thought out game plan. Because of this, you're able to venture into dungeons that you may never have risked before, had you not learned from your mistakes and moved forward with gusto.

You have now reached level 120 DG.

How is this not a skill?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The whole DG is not a skill thing has been done to death already that it's best to just ignore those comments now

Already had people calling Divination a minigame too, real big wtf right there.

• Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It's a gathering skill... Look back during RSC with woodcutting. All you could do is cut normal logs to make a fire. That fire either served a purpose to cook food or trap noobs in the chaos altar so you can watch them die.

Divination is so new I can still smell that new skill smell on it. Yeah sure after a while that smell gets a bit nauseating, but DAMN are you happy to experience it.

Give it time because there is going to obvious be more use to divination than just what we see. And that's not just in reference to the second new skill. We should be seeing more training methods and uses for the energy.

• Like 3

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The whole DG is not a skill thing has been done to death already that it's best to just ignore those comments now

Already had people calling Divination a skill too, real big wtf right there.

I was inactive during most of the DG Roid Rages, so I guess I dodged a bullet.

I think it has great potential, but in it's current state... Idk.

I got to lvl 37 today. It needs to be moar afkable, even if by just a few more seconds >.< this slow amount of xp is unexcusable. Very few people like high APM/low XP skills; people like Jebrim. and only Jebrim.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Already had people calling Divination a minigame too, real big wtf right there.

Realised I made a typo, fixed it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Not just Jebrim...

It'll be nice to have a skill that's under 100k/hr again. As before divination, no skill was < 100k/hr at 99.

Beside Agility [i don't really count FPF]

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Meh, seems i've been rushing for nothing only just hit 50, some freakazoids are at 70 already.

I think it's the first time I did an all night bender just for one update trying to profit from the beginnings. Uberfail.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Meh, seems i've been rushing for nothing only just hit 50, some freakazoids are at 70 already.

I think it's the first time I did an all night bender just for one update trying to profit from the beginnings. Uberfail.

I am nearing 60 now and I had a good night sleep of 8h ;D!!!

Account Help