Behind the Scenes � September 2013

Alg

This looks like a good month. I do feel overload timers are overdue, but better late than never. Hard mode dungeoneering is perfect.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I concur on Vorago, it's already rather difficult, it should either be left alone or made somewhat easier. This is causing a rift between the combat triangle, with T90 melee being incredibly easy to get, whereas T90 mage stuff being as valuable as a Party Hat. Sort of ridiculous.

I like the OVL timer. However, I do wish it would go back to being 5 minutes per dose rather 1 death. it really sucks for PVP minigame areas where you have to resip cause you keep getting piled.

I am excited for the quest, however I do hope that it is a real GM quest, unlike the last few which, despite being fun quality wise, have been not been up to the magnificent standard for all GM quests that WGS and ROTM set. I was really hoping for a Zaros/Mahjarrat/TWW sequel quest, though.

• Like 1

Hard mode dungeoneering is perfect.

Inb4 more monsters in guardian rooms + 10% extra xp.

I concur on Vorago, it's already rather difficult, it should either be left alone or made somewhat easier. This is causing a rift between the combat triangle, with T90 melee being incredibly easy to get, whereas T90 mage stuff being as valuable as a Party Hat. Sort of ridiculous.

Drop rate on wand and orb needs to be multiplied by at least 10 for starters. Having a 1/1000 droprate on a boss that takes 10-20 minutes to kill...what were they thinking?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I don't get why so

I think I'm gonna love this month

New Quest, New Task Set, Super Challenges sound fun, Graphics Redesigns, Vorago improvements and those timers on the buff bar that I always wanted?

Good month indeed.

Vorago sounds more like dis-improvements considering he's already such a long winded unrewarding pita to cause him to be under-fought and thus cause t90 mage gear to go up up up. Adding new attacks just seems as thought it'll make matters worse, unless of course they tuck in an overhauled drop table and removal of the only 5 ppl or w/e get drops

I don't know why so many people bash on Vorago, it's decent gp/h, if you get a team that'll split all cash from energies and such, and say a 6man team. And an average of 6 energies each kill, and 20 min each kill (Which is way too much). It's 3m/h for everyone from energies alone. Not includying the funfuns, the possible wand/orb, and well the supplies which would bring that down a bit, but I guess the regular drops could cover for supplies

Vorago is productive if you have a perm team, but given that a) it is difficult to coordinate one and b) in teams that small you'll have a significant kill failure rate, Nex and KK end up being better for money for most players. I say this as someone who has done 200+ vorago kills.

I too have killed a lot of Voragoes, went almost 3 weeks straight with 7-8+ hrs daily of it, and the 7mans we did, we didn't have that much of a failure ratio, (Only did like 2 6mans cause people were lazy)

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I don't get why so

I think I'm gonna love this month

New Quest, New Task Set, Super Challenges sound fun, Graphics Redesigns, Vorago improvements and those timers on the buff bar that I always wanted?

Good month indeed.

Vorago sounds more like dis-improvements considering he's already such a long winded unrewarding pita to cause him to be under-fought and thus cause t90 mage gear to go up up up. Adding new attacks just seems as thought it'll make matters worse, unless of course they tuck in an overhauled drop table and removal of the only 5 ppl or w/e get drops

I don't know why so many people bash on Vorago, it's decent gp/h, if you get a team that'll split all cash from energies and such, and say a 6man team. And an average of 6 energies each kill, and 20 min each kill (Which is way too much). It's 3m/h for everyone from energies alone. Not includying the funfuns, the possible wand/orb, and well the supplies which would bring that down a bit, but I guess the regular drops could cover for supplies

Vorago is productive if you have a perm team, but given that a) it is difficult to coordinate one and b) in teams that small you'll have a significant kill failure rate, Nex and KK end up being better for money for most players. I say this as someone who has done 200+ vorago kills.

I too have killed a lot of Voragoes, went almost 3 weeks straight with 7-8+ hrs daily of it, and the 7mans we did, we didn't have that much of a failure ratio, (Only did like 2 6mans cause people were lazy)

How many wands or urbs?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Dragon warhammer, I'm sure, and javelins/shortswords/hastas are also missing. They may also add a dragon maul as companion to the spear and 2h sword, as there is currently no 2h crush weapon.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

How are we getting the superhero challenges? Wasn't it supposed to start today?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

How are we getting the superhero challenges? Wasn't it supposed to start today?

From the looks of it, the BTS article was posted couple days too early by some triggerhappy jmod.

So with the dwarf quest confirmed to bring 3 dragon weapons what do we think they will be?

Throwing Axes is confirmed from a while back, which leaves two more from:

Dragon shortswords

Dragon warhammers

Dragon hastae

Dragon knives

Dragon javelins

Dragon brutal arrows

Personally I'd say brutal arrows and hasta won't ever happen since both items only exist via player smithing and we can't really smith dragon.

Concept art of Javelins and knives have been seen in a BTS vid so they could be possible; would also make a logical 'set' to do all 3 missing thrown weapons in 1.

Dragon_Javelin_Throwing_Knife_Concept.png

But part of me feels like it'll be the melee two, or just the shortswords since mh and oh could count as 2.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I completely forgot this bit from the BTS:

Two super challenges will have hiscore tables, lasting one week each. 'Farmyard Rampage' and 'Bulldog' will allow you to complete their requirements as many times as you like, with supreme superheroes being featured on a seasonal hiscore table. At the end of the week, the top 1000 on that table will be rewarded with a gold version of the superhero outfit!

Great. Now we can have thousands of more players incentivized to toil away like zombies to get under the 1k ranks, as if this sort of self-destructive competition wasn't rampant enough already. During a school month, at that. And of course people will still be yelling from the top of the lungs that Jagex has nothing to do with this sort of obsessive behavior on the part of players. Is Jagex not compassionate and merciful? Cretins.

Two super challenges will have hiscore tables, lasting one week each. 'Farmyard Rampage' and 'Bulldog' will allow you to complete their requirements as many times as you like, with supreme superheroes being featured on a seasonal hiscore table. At the end of the week, the top 1000 on that table will be rewarded with a gold version of the superhero outfit!

Great. Now we can have thousands of more players incentivized to toil away like zombies to get under the 1k ranks, as if this sort of self-destructive competition wasn't rampant enough already. During a school month, at that. And of course people will still be yelling from the top of the lungs that Jagex has nothing to do with this sort of obsessive behavior on the part of players. Is Jagex not compassionate and merciful? Cretins.

Jagex's first priority is making money, which pretty much necessitates keeping people in. Why would "compassion" and "mercy" be used when it could potentially hurt the bottom line. And do you think it's a coincidence that it's Super-"firstmonthoutofNorthernSummer"? Bonus xp weeks falling just of out Winter and Summer (interchangeable based on hemisphere), not at all similar.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Well, they gave us an alternative. Either grind yourself to top1000 OR complete every single one of the 30 daily tasks. Shouldn't take too much effort either way.

• Like 2

Jagex's first priority is making money, which pretty much necessitates keeping people in. Why would "compassion" and "mercy" be used when it could potentially hurt the bottom line. And do you think it's a coincidence that it's Super-"firstmonthoutofNorthernSummer"? Bonus xp weeks falling just of out Winter and Summer (interchangeable based on hemisphere), not at all similar.

They can still make the same money if not more by not doing this. The players that this is targetted at are the hardcore base, and they are going to be playing RS no matter what happens. The only question is "how long per day, or how, will they play?". If there's a race like this, they might play 18-22 hours per day as they did during Divination. If there isn't, then they probably won't play that long for no reason. They will still be paying members, they simply won't be playing obsessively. This isn't even necessary for profits, it's just shortsighted recklessness. So, no, it won't be hurting the bottom line.

And I fully realize that people in the 'bottom line business' are not concerned about compassion or mercy. I was simply sarcastically making this point clear for others who still labor under that delusion and think that Jagex acts responsibly.

Boy, for a company you detest so much you still have no qualms with playing their game. Some would call that hypocrisy.

In the end, you're just the same as every person who tries to misconstrue opinion as fact. If people don't follow your reasoning, then they are clearly still being brainwashed by Jagex.

Sylpheed.png

Boy, for a company you detest so much you still have no qualms with playing their game. Some would call that hypocrisy.

Probably the sort of people who haven't the faintest of clue what hypocrisy actually entails and would rather use it as a buzzword. There is a difference between the game and the current regime. There is absolutely no hypocrisy at all in trying to change an institution while working from within. It would only be hypocritical if I had ever stated that people should quit the game, while playing it myself, but I have done no such thing. There are certain things I like, and others which I dislike. Neither aspect dilutes the other: there are things which I rather like about Jagex and others which I don't.

In the end, you're just the same as every person who tries to misconstrue opinion as fact. If people don't follow your reasoning, then they are clearly still being brainwashed by Jagex.

A complete straw man. I have never presented any normative statements of mine as fact. I have my subjective opinions on the game and the company, and I often present them here, and I am willing to argue for my positions and defend them. That's not the same thing as portraying them to be fact. And I have never claimed something as vulgar as "Jagex brainwashes people". You seem to be desperately trying to grasp at fictitious straws in order to score points against me ("You're a hypocrite! You act as if your opinion is fact!")