Dev Blog - Prestige

Matt258

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/content-poll---prestige  Poll for prestige is out for anyone who cares one way or the other.

Also

Therefore, we’re willing to take it back to the drawing board if that's what you prefer. The rules of the poll are:

• If we get at least 75% 'Yes' votes, we’ll implement the Prestige system.
  • If we don’t get at least that many votes, we won’t implement Prestige.
  • In order to participate in the poll you need a Runescape account with membership, and the account must have been created before the 10th of October, 2013 (the date the Prestige blog was released).

If we don’t implement Prestige, we’ll reassess the project’s goals and our implementation of them based on all the feedback we’ve been given. We’re not going to abandon the idea of providing more things to do and more accomplishments, but we are willing to look at other ways of doing this.

howlin1eeveesig.png

We’re not going to abandon the idea of providing more things to do and more accomplishments, but we are willing to look at other ways of doing this.

More things to do and more accomplishments.

JK guys. Redo the same stuff over and over and over and over.

^_^

• Like 3

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Next Runescape poll is going to be:

Do you want new content even if it offers faster methods to Divination xp?

We need 75% to update RS.

Poll Results

66% No with comments, %^% you Jagex you better not offer better stuff I grinded 24/7 divination the first month.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It will be a pity if it's scrapped completely, with enough tweaking (read: not having a major place on hiscores, thus devaluing the original ones) prestige could be an awesome feature.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

It will be a pity if it's scrapped completely, with enough tweaking (read: not having a major place on hiscores, thus devaluing the original ones) prestige could be an awesome feature.

I agree, I know some tweaks could definitely be made and still keep the parts of the system that I was looking forward to and hopefully mitigate some of the issues people have, and I would have voted no if I had a guarantee they wouldn't just scrap the whole thing. I voted yes though because I'd rather have it as is than not at all.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I think it's a reasonable poll: they think an update is needed, they have shaped an option, now they have a yes/no poll followed by a reassessment round. It's not a 'we want an update with something like resetting skills' versus 'we never want something with resetting skills', it's much more specific: 'we want this update' versus 'this update needs improving'.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I sort of wish they did have 3 options though.. But it wouldn't be balanced then.

I hope we get a chance to help shape something that provides similar goals but isn't completely silly.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I sort of wish they did have 3 options though.. But it wouldn't be balanced then.

I hope we get a chance to help shape something that provides similar goals but isn't completely silly.

That's what you get if you vote no. Basically, there's no reason to vote yes unless you legitimately think that the current solution is the best possible solution.

• Like 5

That's what you get if you vote no. Basically, there's no reason to vote yes unless you legitimately think that the current solution is the best possible solution.

Or, if the one feature you most like about the update (for me, the resetting ability) you think will get tossed out by Jagex in their rework.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Maybe thats what we get if we vote no. For all we know they'll scrap this completely if the no votes are large enough. The post was incredibly vague and left it open that the could do anything from scrap it completely to barely change it at all and release it as something different. All we know right now is that there are 2 options. We get exactly this or we do not get exactly this. We may get something similar with the problems fixed in the future or not but we don't know. If I could be guaranteed we'd still get prestige without the high scores issue if I voted no then I would, but without knowing that I'd rather have this than nothing.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Or, if the one feature you most like about the update (for me, the resetting ability) you think will get tossed out by Jagex in their rework.

Send a tweet to @jagexjack then. Let him know that even if it loses you don't want to lose the reset ability. It might weigh in their discussions later.

If they are trying to increase the games longevity this is the wrong way. No one plays runescape to get max stats and then resets to do it all again, we are all playing to reach objectives. I voted no because I feel this is a bad move in attempting to revive rs.

• Like 2

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

If they are trying to increase the games longevity this is the wrong way. No one plays runescape to get max stats and then resets to do it all again, we are all playing to reach objectives. I voted no because I feel this is a bad move in attempting to revive rs.

I'm not sure, I know a couple people looking forward to resetting their favorite skills, and at least 1 other that was going to reset everything. You're probably right that most wouldn't, but I don't think its fair to say no one.

I'm not sure, I know a couple people looking forward to resetting their favorite skills, and at least 1 other that was going to reset everything. You're probably right that most wouldn't, but I don't think its fair to say no one.

I think its fair to say not nearly enough people who enjoy rs for its 200m cap, rather than this new 'limitless' system, will ever plan to vote yes

mck.pngMck.png

Wouldn't it make much more sense to implement the standard system of having multiple characters on a single account, and having separate 'account' hiscores?

• Like 9

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Wouldn't it make much more sense to implement the standard system of having multiple characters on a single account, and having separate 'account' hiscores?

Its all about the RL GP at jagex

mck.pngMck.png

YES

As long as they figure out a way to allow us to merge existing accounts' characters into a single account without the risk of hackers stealing other players' characters.

Is anyone else surprised that this poll was completely fair, legit, and they even went so far as to set an incredibly high threshold for it to pass (75%)? It seems the response to it must have been inundated with disapproval and Jagex is actually trying very earnestly to listen to the wishes of the community.

This is markedly different from the OSRS experience, where they basically did what they wanted.

• Like 2

I think its fair to say not nearly enough people who enjoy rs for its 200m cap, rather than this new 'limitless' system, will ever plan to vote yes

This.

There are a few hardcore players this will appeal to, but vastly more players who really couldn't give a damn less. It's a waste of dev resources to make an update that appeals to what is likely less than two hundred players.

4NIrZ.png

This.

There are a few hardcore players this will appeal to, but vastly more players who really couldn't give a damn less. It's a waste of dev resources to make an update that appeals to what is likely less than two hundred players.

Especially since at least a few players would feel pressured into using this system to maintain ranks, even if they didn't like it that much.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014