04-Feb-2014 Treasure Hunter & Demon Drop Table Improvements

Ned

anyone else unable to get RS up and running after today's update? It loads from the client and the website but when i click auto set-up for graphics settings it shuts down.

are you still having problems? I just assumed it was the terrible laptop I was using but I'm having the same problem

I'm back on the forums! Older, wiser, and...

...still a noob...

15-17, 10-11 how low can you go ?

Crashing fast!

Of course. This was predicted and foreseen by everyone. No slayer drop, unless it has some obscene drop rate, will EVER be worthwhile in terms of its prices for very long because everyone and their mothers have 99 Slayer (well, not everyone, but a lot of people). It also doesn't help that everyone has a Mask of the Abyss. 

I thought it only dropped on task? I mean I know mask of abyss can help with that but... It definitely is more rare than it could have been.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I thought it only dropped on task? I mean I know mask of abyss can help with that but... It definitely is more rare than it could have been.

Only dropped on a task that accounts for like 20% of the slayer xp gained by a maxed player

It's also not even remotely close to being an endgame item.

Okay that was a bit far... its t75 which is just sub-end game. Chaotics/high dung, royal xbow/qbd, nex w/b/z are meshed together.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Soloed nex with the wand/orb yesterday, it's about the same difficulty as the cstaff, though I lucked out with some crits on blood. :thumbup:

Seems like it could be a semi-useful set, and a lot of the dual seismic people I know are willing to keepsake these, as they do look awesome.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

~1150 kills and not even a whip drop.

First time ever that I am actually playing runescape while one has a chance to make some money with an update of the sort, and no, just no.

Interestingly, i've had the exact same luck, doing one forced task every day. The worst thing is that what jagex considers an improved drop table is taking a huge dump on the herbicide(talking particularly about black demons).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

First time ever that I am actually playing runescape while one has a chance to make some money with an update of the sort, and no, just no.

Interestingly, i've had the exact same luck, doing one forced task every day. The worst thing is that what jagex considers an improved drop table is taking a huge dump on the herbicide(talking particularly about black demons).

May be considered spam, but Ove, nice to freaking "see" you.

To stay on topic, what do you reckon the drop rate for wand/orb is?

And do you think they have altered the whip drop rate(confirmed by Jagex at 1/512 if I am not mistaken).

I am bringing this subject up because I have seen a lot of people prompting "I have killed 2xxx abyssal demons" and not getting even a whip drop.

Margus.png

May be considered spam, but Ove, nice to freaking "see" you.

To stay on topic, what do you reckon the drop rate for wand/orb is?

And do you think they have altered the whip drop rate(confirmed by Jagex at 1/512 if I am not mistaken).

I am bringing this subject up because I have seen a lot of people prompting "I have killed 2xxx abyssal demons" and not getting even a whip drop.

Yea, nice to 'see' you aswell. Congratz on getting your name....as your name :D Life just goes by way too fast. Gotta make an effort to meet up some time, though.

Whip droprate definitely hasn't changed, but i'm guessing orb/wand droprate is about double that. Which is probably a reach considering it can only be dropped on task.

Something strange just happened: I was slicing open dung beetles when I got a message saying I earned a Treasure Hunter token. But when I opened the Treasure Hunter interface, it still said I was out of keys. I logged out and back in, but that didn't help.

Anyone else experience this?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

it gets dropped on the ground if its from a monster.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Whip drop rate has changed. From the F.A.Q. at http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,222,65290258

"Q: Is the drop rate of the Abyssal Wand/Orb more common than, as common as or rarer than the whip?

Mod Timbo: The drop rate of the Abyssal Wand and Orb is much rarer than that of the Abyssal Whip, however, I won’t be saying exactly how rare! On a related note, the Abyssal Whip was made rarer with this update too going from the previously announced 1/512 to now being 1/1024."

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Just saw that too, for all we know the drop rate of orb/wand could be 1/2048 now so the rate of an abyssal item remains at 1/512.

This is a fairly logical assumption and would be better for the prices of a whip.
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Just saw that too, for all we know the drop rate of orb/wand could be 1/2048 now so the rate of an abyssal item remains at 1/512.

This is a fairly logical assumption and would be better for the prices of a whip.

Speaking of which, why is the whip going up in price right now? I figured the market was already flooded with them and I'm assuming a ton more are entering the market with people trying to get the Wand and Orb.

Is it just because of the special attacks potentially coming back? If so, I thought the Whip special attack wasn't that great and the whip is only a level 70/75 weapon to boot.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Not all market changes follow common logic. In this case, it's likely that people were/are speculating with it's price, causing it to fluctuate. Just look at dragon claws- they are still just as worthless as before, but the price is still higher.

On the topic, i managed to get an orb, then a wand and finally a whip on the same task today. The wand/orb are already at their GE prices.

Not all market changes follow common logic. In this case, it's likely that people were/are speculating with it's price, causing it to fluctuate. Just look at dragon claws- they are still just as worthless as before, but the price is still higher.

On the topic, i managed to get an orb, then a wand and finally a whip on the same task today. The wand/orb are already at their GE prices.

Also if Legacy combat returns with special attacks claws will once again be useful to at least a small segment.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Also if Legacy combat returns with special attacks claws will once again be useful to at least a small segment.

They will be useful to people between 60 and 70 attack

They will be useful to people between 60 and 70 attack

More like against people below 70 def but yea, they will still be basically worthless(unless chaotic claws inherit the spec, ofcource, and even then the token cost might ruin it).