Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

To be honest, it's to be expected. Andrew has stated himself numerous times in the past that Runescape's lifespan was never meant to be this long. Considering the age and current size of the game, if they wanted to graphically overhaul the entire game (including graphics, UI, menus etc) in one go it would take them a long ass time.

Edit: As a sidenote, I'd say Yanille is probably the most neglected major city in the game. Anything south or west of it looks pretty bad as well. It still basically looks the same as it did when it first released just with better textures.

Well, I find it odd that with RuneTek5 they didn't streamline a lot of the code of the menus etc, as one of the main reasons of RuneTek5 was to stabilize the game, because a lot of code was very outdated and not in touch with the standards that were found in recenter work.

It seems that much of the underlying code for the UI is extremely outdated. This week's game update FAQ about the fullscreen skill guides just shows us how bad the UI code is.

"This is not a design decision, it is a game engine limitation. We had to change the way fullsize interfaces, such as the new skillguides and the loyalty shop, work due to engine memory issues. I can experiment with it again, but all my previous attempts resulted blowing up our test servers. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm not alone? It seems every since the Nuke, I've been getting 10-15 fps at best. In some areas, say the Jadinko Lair, my framerate inexplicably drops to ~5, making it neigh unplayable. And don't tell me it's the graphics! I've tried turning them down to the bare minimum, and it doesn't help whatsoever.

Something tells me when I finally get my gaming PC later this month, it'll run Skyrim on high settings at a better framerate than Runescape on the lowest...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

So I'm not alone? It seems every since the Nuke, I've been getting 10-15 fps at best. In some areas, say the Jadinko Lair, my framerate inexplicably drops to ~5, making it neigh unplayable. And don't tell me it's the graphics! I've tried turning them down to the bare minimum, and it doesn't help whatsoever.

Something tells me when I finally get my gaming PC later this month, it'll run Skyrim on high settings at a better framerate than Runescape on the lowest...

try not playing runescape with a microwave

queste.png303/324

Mines seems to actually running a bit smoother after this bot nuke, the last one knocked me down to 5 fps up until last week, where i'm back up to 14 fps (not the best but works for me!)

Though I have noticed the lag spikes, not that fun!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My microwave can still play RuneScape on high settings, so please don't use your cheap GE model as a benchmark for all microwaves. My computer that can play all of my other games maxed out, however, still cannot play RuneScape without lagging in cities unless I turn the graphics down. Jagex should upgrade RuneScape from Java to UNITY. It is also a browser based engine and requires minimal download.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

But...but...then I'd have to move away from my computer to get something to eat. :ohnoes:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My fps fell from 30-40 FPS to 1-10 after the bot nuke. Thought Jagex would fix it, but they didn't. Now I have a new computer that runs the game steadily at 60FPS, but I can't forget how unplayable the game got. A shame some people still can't play RS because of the nuke.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I noticed a slight drop like the first few weeks of the bot nuke, but now I get around 20-25 on my 4 year old desktop pc and a stable 30 fps on my 6 months old laptop.

After one update the citadel control interface starts to really lag everything for no particular reason...

Grand Exchange is also the same way, not because of the players, because it used to run fine before with like 50 people onscreen.

But I'm here to discuss wacky armor, so...

prices? going up?

8f14270694.jpg

Probably in the short term and then drop back down when the novelty wears off.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

But I'm here to discuss wacky armor, so...

prices? going up?

I dunno :mellow:

Went ahead and picked up a set of Gilded and Black (T) anyway. Will probably opt for Zamorak as well, and sell or keep each of them based on whether they get updated and rise or actually look good.

A better idea might be to grab up some Zaros, Armadyl, or Bandos god armor. At the moment, they're just ugly generic sets of rune that are p2p only and thus very cheap. They're probably the only sets, if any, that will see greater use from a graphical update.

I'm guessing they plan to have normal armor do the same as Dungeoneering armor in the sense that each tier will look more impressive than the last. I'm pretty sure the concept art from Runefest supported this, but I can't seem to find it.

If this is the case, they might not update past black or mithril. We don't really know what they consider low leveled, exactly, when it comes to armor.

2dgucz6.png

The concept art shows bronze and steel armor, so it's likely that they're going to do all the metal armors except for maybe white.

Not sure about treasure trail stuff, although it's likely they'll take the time to handle it since they already added the ornamental touches to dragon. If they update heraldic to actually looking swag, prepare for epic price increases...

8f14270694.jpg

Well, yes - eventually. I thought we were talking about next week, since Mod Emilee specified low level armor. (2 pages back or so?)

It wasn't "announced" by the BTS so I doubt the update'll be very comprehensive. By that I mean I don't suspect that they'll update "special" armor sets like Init, Pros, white, Rock-shell, Sacred Clay or other lower-leveled ones in the initial update.

2dgucz6.png

My fps fell from 30-40 FPS to 1-10 after the bot nuke. Thought Jagex would fix it, but they didn't. Now I have a new computer that runs the game steadily at 60FPS, but I can't forget how unplayable the game got. A shame some people still can't play RS because of the nuke.

RS used to be max of 50fps, did something change?

not that i know, I still max at 50 on my super computer.

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

not that i know, I still max at 50 on my super computer.

I haven't checked the FPS for like 8 month but I know I ran a solid 50FPS. As to no go off-topic Fresi you should PM me your specs or some links to your comp. I'm a diehard PC builder myself. I'm on my phone at the moment, pretty sure my sig has link to some Facebook pics on my comp.

But I have noticed a performance change on my laptop just to add, but no problems desktop-side. I can still run full setting on my old lappy, but it's not as smooth as it once was before the Bot Nuke.