Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I hope getting titles is more interesting and challenging than just buying them with tokens.

Well as rewards they kinda gotta be in there, but it'd be nice if atleast you had to kill 1 (preferably more) of tht boss first.

I meant like

-Pets can be bought in the shop only after receiving a rare drop from the respective monster

-Titles can be bought in the shop only after killing boss x amount of times (hard mode maybe), or perhaps killing boss in a certain difficult/unique way like no food, no armor, or whatever

Something so that the title can mean "wow that guy accomplished x y z thing" rather than just "oh that guy bought the title"

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I would imagine seeing new dungeoneering drops coming from bosses much like the notes and lore dropped.

So for example you might need:

Yk'Lagors armblade and 120k tokens for his pet and/or title.

Blinks goggles and 130k tokens for his pet and/or title.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

So, if Brassica is also a part of the anima mundi, would he not be like Vorago?

If Vorago is a representation of the body of the planet, with the power of the plates and pressure of the core of the world, Brassica would be a representation for all the vegetation and NATIVE life to the plane...

We don't really know if Brassica is a "god", in the sense of all non-Seren and Zaros gods. He could be an aspect of the anima, which would make him very powerful on this world, but also limited to this world.

That said, Vorago would also be a "god" on this world, as well.

And... if Vorago is going to fight to protect this world, as he is a part of this world, perhaps the Elfer Halls would be located near Vorago???

I can foresee Vorago being a quest boss, now.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

pls let vorago maul go to quest cape req for the sake of my business

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

So, if Brassica is also a part of the anima mundi, would he not be like Vorago?

If Vorago is a representation of the body of the planet, with the power of the plates and pressure of the core of the world, Brassica would be a representation for all the vegetation and NATIVE life to the plane...

We don't really know if Brassica is a "god", in the sense of all non-Seren and Zaros gods. He could be an aspect of the anima, which would make him very powerful on this world, but also limited to this world.

That said, Vorago would also be a "god" on this world, as well.

And... if Vorago is going to fight to protect this world, as he is a part of this world, perhaps the Elfer Halls would be located near Vorago???

I can foresee Vorago being a quest boss, now.

I'd disagree with you there.

Vorago was born as a conscious form of the Anima Mundi in order to protect the planet after the edicts falling damaged the Anima Mundi. All planets have an Anima Mundi and this is everywhere so I don't think Vorago has to have anything to do with the Elder Halls at all. Plus if his desire is to protect the world then he certainly wouldn't want to stop us seeingas the new Elder Gods hatching would pretty much destroy the world.

As for Brassica I don't think he is part of the Anima Mundi in the same way - I think more than other gods he has a link to it because all plants are connected the Anima Mundi (hence he is part of it) but I'd imagine he was born just like the other gods were - it wouldn't be a huge stretch (given his comedy tone) for a god to have died on top of him during the 2nd age thus giving him ascension or even for his field to have happened to have been over an artefact causing ascension over time. Afterall its not like he is the first god to become sentient via ascending - Marimbo specifically tells us her species was not sentient and civilised and she became that way when she ascended and jmods have told us Tuska is nothing but a mindless beast.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Vorago was born as a conscious form of the Anima Mundi in order to protect the planet after the edicts falling damaged the Anima Mundi. All planets have an Anima Mundi and this is everywhere so I don't think Vorago has to have anything to do with the Elder Halls at all. Plus if his desire is to protect the world then he certainly wouldn't want to stop us seeingas the new Elder Gods hatching would pretty much destroy the world.

Two things:

Vorago was born well before the edicts fell, as he mentions that long ago he was previously defeated by the Maul of Omens.

Vorago's desire to protect the world wouldn't necessarily entail preserving it from the Elder Gods destroying the world. It's possible that he'd be protecting the Anima Mundi so that when the Elder Gods eventually 'hatch', they'll be able to fully siphon the undamaged Anima Mundi that he's been protecting. It depends on whether he's actually an agent of the Anima or the Elder Gods.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

^Fair points. I more meant he awakened again with the edicts falling, my bad there on derpy wording.

The later one I can see your point and it does hinge on who he is an agent of, personally I get the vibe he is of the anima mundi for the anima mundi so he'd be anti anything that damages it, elder gods included. Heck even if he was supposed to be an agent of the elder gods he could be anti awakening them in his aim to protect the anima mundi; much like how the Thzaar broke away from their purpose, I mean the Tokhaar are literally magical lava giving conscious embodiment to the power of the kiln in order to build the world and some of them splintered off to be a relatively independent race. So not beyond feasable for Vorago to do something similar if he is indeed of Elder god origins in some way.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why is everyone talking about the elder gods hatching? Didn't mod osborne confirm that the stone of jas isn't an egg in any way, shape or form?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why is everyone talking about the elder gods hatching? Didn't mod osborne confirm that the stone of jas isn't an egg in any way, shape or form?

Because on Frenskae we enter the Elder halls where we see the remnants of the 5 eggs from which the Elder gods hatched.

We are then also informed throughout the quest the elder gods big issue is reproducing as they are near extinct (only 5 left and one of them is kinda a write off). We are then informed there is an Elder Halls on Gielinor aka a place with elder god eggs in it.

We also learn Elder gods hatching basically means the universe ends so a new one can begin with the ruinous remains of their hatching site at the start (eg Frenskae is the last planet of the previous universe and the first of ours and Gielinor would be the new frenskae)

The entire plot arc they set up is Gielinor is basically the nest for the next batch of elder gods and if they hatch it will mean the universe and Gielinor getting destroyed and the eggs in question have no connection to the Stone of Jas, which though an egg is not viable and cannot hatch. Like literally the whole point of the quest was Zaros, Seren, Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl, Brassica, Tumeken, Marimbo and all their petty fights and squabbles and plans for Gielinor are entirely pointless because our world is a ticking timebomb that will end the universe and life if we can't stop the Elder gods from hatching.

That is why we are talking about it - kinda one of the big plot arcs of the 6th age so big that it kinda makes the god arc and the dragonkin arc seem petty.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

New companion app update maybe...

BlWneWHCYAENDqf.jpg

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Sy, I don't see the God Wars as useless now. Just because we have to save the world doesn't mean we should no longer care what state its in after being saved. We must both ensure there is a future (elder gods) and try to ensure the future is as we want it (dragonkin and god wars). Just because the universe may end doesn't mean you stop trying to make a better future.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

I didn't say it was useless I said what they are doing (fighting to own Gielinor and be free of the stone) is pointless and petty in light of the greater threat to existence as a whole. I mean if any of them were actually willing to stop and listen do you think they'd be so concerned about bashing each other about when none of them stand a chance alone against whats coming? The dragonkin especially would probably be worried if they listened seeing how they came from the previous universe and got enslaved to the stone when they managed to escape here and begged Jas for help.

Its perspective of the magnitude of this new plot arc, not claiming that the other quest arcs are useless or not worth caring about. They are just sort of the one novel spanning major plots that are in the shadow of the developing arc of the entire series of books and are, in perspective, kinda small and petty in relation to whats coming. Like how in Harry Potter all the lessons and little dramas were very insignificant when you realise Voldemort is back and Harry has to fight him. Or like how in a Song of Fire and Ice when the wights start stirring and the dragons start growing the bickering fights for the iron throne are kinda insignificant comparatively.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

right, the god wars (well any war) represents a conflict of ideals

whatever wins will have to face the ultimate challenge: convincing an immortal being (well, basically immortal from our perspective) that mortals deserve to exist

8f14270694.jpg

Fair enough, but I don't think any of the Gods except Zaros really know whats going to occur. I could see Armadyl at least stopping his wars if he knew. Its not really petty unless they know of the major threat and still completely ignore it for their wars.

The Dragonkin of course probably know but its possible that it may be part of the split between the necrosyrtes and the dactyl. I believe the Dactyl at least want to break the curse and figure out how to kill Jas. The Necrosyrtes might be so engulfed in anger that they no longer care about survival, may feel that their rage may help them become powerful enough to kill jas, or even believe that if they fulfill their role they may be allowed to live another cycle. We don't know enough about the kin, their activities and their motives to say that they aren't acting to survive the elder gods awakening.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

naturally, but as zaros seems intent on letting the gods remain oblivious to the crisis, he probably intends to find out which god or gods is actually going to win for his own ongoing quest for knowledge of how to attain superiority and growth

something something lesson only learned when earned, etc

there wouldn't be any growth if the gods stopped their conflict to deal with the crisis with their untested strength and wit (which reduces their chances of surviving) and then, if they do survive, end up fighting again without having learned anything

8f14270694.jpg

Was posted by the Jmod who makes it, so I assume he did it as a joke for twitter :p

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Was posted by the Jmod who makes it, so I assume he did it as a joke for twitter :p

I got a topic for talking about the rs companion which might just be dead weight. As you saw earlier on twitter we are edging closer to having full buy/sell options on the companion.

This might mean only access from your inventory or from both your inventory and bank. That is my concern right there.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They are starting to look for more adventure log ideas. If you have some interesting ideas start posting now. Here is mine:

Adventure log additions

Customized logs:

Customized log entries would allow people to select from a drop down menu to allow players to tag and make entries for personal goals. This lets players both add personal touches and make sure drops and goals are legitimate.

For example:

Select ->

Slayer

PVM

Gather

Production

Milestone

Item Goal

Misc.

So the adventure log would read:

(Gather) [player name] [player input text] has finished runecrafting 20k blood runes.[/player input text]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png