Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

There are already some very famous players/streamers who have openly multi-logged on stream and have even been caught by Jagex Moderators and nothing has happened to them (well one of them got their account 'force-logged' and a verbal warning). These streamers were AFKing castle wars on their main account in order to get trimmed, while using their alt account to do stuff like Vorago and make loads of money to then ship off to their main so they could get 200M. Basically trying to bypass certain natural limits, and doing more stuff than they normally could with one account (obviously if you're at castle wars, then you can't be at Rago, on one account, so they made other alts). If that isn't an abuse of multi-logging, then I don't know what is. Yet these people, at least one famous example, whom I won't mention, have not been banned, and J-Mods are aware of this, and have actually shown to their parties for 200M stats and celebrated with them, and fawned all over them. 

I could really make a whole thread about this sort of stuff, this stuff being that I don't think Jagex really cares about much of the rules (some exceptions, such as botting), or even game balance, if you're a famous player. It's only a problem if normal/average players can do it. 

Example 1:

I'm hosting a TMHT event, my friends list is full, so I have to add people on my alt to allow them to use coinshare.

That's multilogging, yes, but in a way that's required to actually host an event, as I know pretty much everyone on my friend's list, and I don't want to have to unadd people who might want to talk to me.

RS Companion

Mod rowley confirmed that he just finished writing some lore about Loarnab in upcoming content in may. I believe its safe to assume its the other zaros quest that rewards the ultimate ability.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mod rowley confirmed that he just finished writing some lore about Loarnab in upcoming content in may. I believe its safe to assume its the other zaros quest that rewards the ultimate ability.

I would not say its at all certain what content it would come with.

Could be Mahjaratt, could be dragonrider, could be dragonkin, could be time travel concept they had tied to 1st age, could be any random content that happens to uncover something from his existence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Could be Mahjaratt, could be dragonrider, could be dragonkin, could be time travel concept they had tied to 1st age, could be any random content that happens to uncover something from his existence.

Yea, it could be a quest, but it seems a bit late in the game to be adding new information for a quest.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yea, it could be a quest, but it seems a bit late in the game to be adding new information for a quest.

Just to play into the devils advocate game here...

Zaros = high level player god

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

By late in the game, I meant late in the development of the quest. Sorry was using a phrase that is easy to misinterpret. What I'm saying with is that I think for a quest due out in May all the dialogue and stuff should be pretty much finalized by now.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

By late in the game, I meant late in the development of the quest. Sorry was using a phrase that is easy to misinterpret. What I'm saying with is that I think for a quest due out in May all the dialogue and stuff should be pretty much finalized by now.

Twitter evidence would disagree with this.

There's plenty of examples of Jmods finalising dialogue/text in the week before launch - after all strictly speaking text doesn't need bug testing and can't break the game and it's not like Jagex doesn't have typo fixes in nearly every patch notes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Twitter evidence would disagree with this.

There's plenty of examples of Jmods finalising dialogue/text in the week before launch - after all strictly speaking text doesn't need bug testing and can't break the game and it's not like Jagex doesn't have typo fixes in nearly every patch notes.

We could actually have a quest dipping ever so slightly into the lore involving infernal demons and their work with zaros. That would be just enough to cover Loarnab lore, too since he was captured and consumed for energy. His energy was used to fuel a gate from one of the first worlds created to the last world.

Edit: A Souls Bane (ASB) could be altered, reworked or built on to conclude Loarnabs death. What happened to Tolna and the multiheaded nightmare could be explained. I would suspect that the rift would have been the risidual leftovers from Loarnabs prison the effects a mixture of Loarnabs remaining energies.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

BmDwHVgCUAEAQaU.jpg

Ability to use bank via Companion to be added... Soon to have GE access too. :thumbsup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Only checking I suppose?

updating offers would be so nice

You can already check offers on it, actual access to do stuff to offers is whats in the works.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

We'll be able to do full transactions, along with some things that will be unique to companion app... Hoping something like circus/tears of guthix too.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Cool. So now I can merch at work too....I'm actually against as an update this but I guess it'll benefit me.

Time to make money on RS while I'm making money IRL when it comes out.

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

Well that's one way to make me fail all my exams. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

You're busy in May, you might forget runescape for a while maybe even let membership lapse till exams and such are over, now you won't.

At least there only appears to be 20 tasks, so they have learnt from super september, plus with the jmod event extra stampings seems like if timed well you could clear 20/20 in like 15 days.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Does anyone else think that Mod Infinity looks a tad bit like Justin Bieber?

(Not saying this is a bad thing nor intending to bash anyone. But that hairstyle, man, it's hard not to draw that conclusion!)

A tad bit...

But a robert pattinson deadringer.

• Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

These were precisely my thoughts when I watched the video (someone else made this post):

8noyY.png

This sort of thing is more and more becoming the norm with Jagex. Whether it be hosting 72 hour BXP Weekends, and then shamelessly peddling '24 hour' or 'Eat. Scape. Sleep. Repeat' T-Shirts, their fawning or celebrating over streamers who stream, or the top players who scape,  for 12-16 hours, which on the surface seem like lighthearted jokes, but in actuality are quite serious since a lot of the playerbase obviously struggles with these sort of issues in a very real sense. It's like Jagex is completely degenerate and proud of it.

• Like 1