Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Balthazar's Big Raffle

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

UPDATE: 1st September

We’ve had a bunch of feedback regarding the Raffle and will be making some last minute adjustments. The largest concern was the quantity of prizes in the raffle and their potential impact on the game economy. While our research and balancing gives us confidence the prize quantities won’t have a long-term negative impact, I appreciate the overall concern and understand that players want us to be more conservative with the prize balancing.

The following changes have been made:

All prize quantities have been be halved (gold down from 200 to 100, godswords down from 5,000 to 2,500, etc)
The Golden Godswords and Golden Warpriest armour will not be protect-on-death (i.e. they’ll behave the same as their regular versions)
We’ve added an alternative for players to get a 2nd raffle ticket by completing a daily challenge if they cannot meet a JMod
Familiars will be blocked from the Lumbridge Crater, as they are at some banks and the Grand Exchange.
We will be adding an extra JMod ticket session US Eastern players to attend early evening – this will be midnight BST / 7pm EDT
We hope this will address most of the issues raised so far.

Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team

Balthazar’s Big Raffle

RuneScape has had a fantastic summer with a resurgence in players and tons of great content with more still to come – so what better way to celebrate than a raffle for some awesome limited edition items?! We’ve made sure that this September as summer fades and real life steals time away from gaming even the busiest players can get a kick out of RuneScape with Balthazar’s Big Raffle! It’ll take just minutes each day to be in with a chance of winning limited edition gold coloured godswords and warpriest armour, deathtouch darts, remote banking, silverhawk boots and feathers, skill outfit pieces and even 100 million gold pieces!

Starting after the game update on September 1st, Balthazar can be found near the Burthorpe Lodestone offering entry into daily raffle. He’s venturing out from his Big Top Bonanza to offer a set number of limited edition items each day throughout the month. To be in with a chance of winning one of these prizes, you need to give him a raffle ticket – the more tickets you give him, the more chances you have to win. Every player can get up to 2 tickets per day; one from simply talking to Balthazar and another from a JMod in game at a meet-up event. Check back in with Balthazar the next day (after reset at GMT 00:00) to see if you’ve won a prize from previous days. Even if you don’t get the main item, you’ll still get a consolation prize of an XP Lamp.

There’s a different prize each day of the week, and a fixed number of each to be won in total:

• Mondays - 100 Million Gold Coins x 200
  • Tuesdays - Golden Godsword (1 in 4 chance of each sword) x 5000
  • Wednesdays - Golden Warpriest Armour set (1 in 4 chance of each) x 10,000
  • Thursdays - 3 Death Touch Darts x 40,000
  • Fridays - Remote Bank Deposit Box (1hr Duration) x 80,000
  • Saturdays - Silverhawk Boots (or 250 silverhawk feathers if owned) x 20,000
  • Sundays – Skilling Outfit Piece (or 500,000gp if all owned) x 100,000

It’s your choice whether you enter a raffle each day or save up your tickets to increase your chances. You can find out how many tickets have been entered so far into that day’s raffle by asking Balthazar.

Each day throughout the month Jagex Mods will be in game to dish out another ticket. You can find us on Worlds 98 and 124 in the Lumbridge Crater at 4am,10am3pm and 8pm BST. JMods will be jumping into game at other times too, so follow us on Twitter to find out about more unscheduled raffle ticket giveaways:

JMods on Twitter

If you need more information about the Raffle, check out the FAQ in the official forum thread.

With a new Grouping System, the opening of the Elf City, Rune Goldberg D&D, group skill capes and now Balthazar’s Big Raffle, September is going to be a month to remember in RuneScape!

Mod Pips, Mod Drew and the RuneScape team

Forum Post FAQ

Edited by Miss Lioness, 05 September 2014 - 02:22 PM.
Formatted, added in Main Page post.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Any idea of the cost of said tickets, or whether it's going to be in RSGP or real life currency?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

I guess the tickets are free, it's just basically a giveaway event by the looks of it

Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts
Well, some death touched darts would come in handy for getting my completionist cape back!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Well, some death touched darts would come in handy for getting my completionist cape back!

Nope.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

DeEliteOne
[ Display Name History ]

DeEliteOne

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • RSN:De Elite One
  • RSN '07:Footlong
  • Clan:Primacy

Assuming the keys are free it's nice to see that they are making silverhawks semi-available via methods other than TH... granted it's still luck based.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Death Touched are probably a better prize to aim for than the gp pay out in terms of making the gps.

200* more likely to get them and then you got 3 shots at Nex or KK (could do others, but they seem the best bets) for 0 effort valuable drops.

As already demonstrated in this thread I fully expect to see mountains of rants from people who try to deathtouch the reaper comp req without reading first.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts
Ahhh can it not? Ah well that's still ok, is there a FAQ in the forums?

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,090 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Ahhh can it not? Ah well that's still ok, is there a FAQ in the forums?

The FAQ is included in the OP here.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts
Ah my bad, I just read the post when it was released on twitter and just came to this topic later on!

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE

So Mondays Thursdays and Saturdays to spend raffle tickets it seems!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

With my luck I won't win a thing from this. But I will still enter, I mean, a prismatic xp lamp is always something.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

For me its a debate: Save tickets for the good days in hopes of winning big or entering at least 1 ticket a day so that i get 1 xp lamp a day at worst.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts

Think I'll be putting an emphasis on trying to get the golden warpriest sets, although a completely golden Saradomin Godsword would be amazing! Might be better to skip handing in the raffle tickets for the first week to bolster the chances for the week afterwards.

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

With the crap that's happened to me over the past week, some good luck would be mighty-eff'n nice.

Popoto.~<3

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Formatted it once again.

Please next time format it straight away or let someone else post who will and can format it nicely :).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Wkw
[ Display Name History ]

Wkw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,565 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:wkw

I'll only be entering wednesdays and thursdays :\

aaaaauserbar.gif

Wkw.png

Runescape player since January 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Formatted it once again.

Please next time format it straight away or let someone else post who will and can format it nicely :).

Does it matter as long as people can read it? o

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

Tuesday, Wednesday and saturday would be my picks. 100m is too remote of a chance, and I don't need the money, insta-kill darts is useless for me without the comp count (understandable limitation, but does remove any use I have for it), and skilling outfit is also rather useless :P

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Miss Lioness
[ Display Name History ]

Miss Lioness

the Pyromaniac

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,491 posts
  • RSN:Miss Lioness
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

Formatted it once again.

Does it matter as long as people can read it? o

Imho it does as it makes it soo much better to read.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help[left]. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users