Balthazar's Big Raffle

Urza285

what's a good place for the deposit box?

I could see it being rather useful at LRM concentrated rocks, being able to bank your ores instead of dropping them.

porters..............

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

what's a good place for the deposit box?

I could see it being rather useful at LRM concentrated rocks, being able to bank your ores instead of dropping them.

porters..............

Porters cost money though, and some people on RS are stubborn...

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I won a fully golden Armadyl outfit, with only 1 ticket used =D!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Won darts with 10 or so tickets. Got 10 snap seeds, 30 snap herbs, and 10 yew seeds. Bah.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

First week I got Golden Bandos Warpriest (trollll) and Silverhawk Boots

This week I got Golden Zamorak Warpriest, which is what I wanted :) the boots are actually Golden Saradomin Warpriest though -.-

Going to do 1 ticket each GP/SH Feathers day but save the rest of them for Godswords now.

Also winning raffle tickets through TH now ffs knew they'd try to monetize this

2dgucz6.png

So far I've won a single portable bank because I just came back from 8 months of Irl-scape and forgot that Thursday night isn't actually Thursday night on Runescape.

Isn't that paying for a chance to win a ticket to have a chance of winning darts which give you a chance at a rare boss drop? You have to jump through so many hoops it seems like it wouldn't matter at all.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

So far I've won a single portable bank because I just came back from 8 months of Irl-scape and forgot that Thursday night isn't actually Thursday night on Runescape.

Isn't that paying for a chance to win a ticket to have a chance of winning darts which give you a chance at a rare boss drop? You have to jump through so many hoops it seems like it wouldn't matter at all.

Well, that or any of the other prizes, including the 100M on Mondays.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Won no boots with 14 tickets again. I think you've got the same chance of winning with 1 tickets as with 14 tickets.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Used 19 tickets, got boots and feathers. The 250 feathers is worth almost 11m right now.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Won no boots with 14 tickets again. I think you've got the same chance of winning with 1 tickets as with 14 tickets.

Nope, you have 14x as good a chance of winning.

The fact that you don't think so doesn't matter. All you have is your "hunch" that more tickets doesn't increase chance of winning, compared to the documentation which says the opposite.

Essentially, taking that stance is an ignorant and illogical one.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

If there are 20k items, 60k tickets applied and 14 of them are yours then...

60k divided by 14 is your chance at winning. Ideally you would also include the amount of possible draws right?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

60k divided by 14 is your chance at winning. Ideally you would also include the amount of possible draws right?

You need to know how many people entered multiple tickets too.

Stonewall337.png

No that is redundant information as far as actually winning goes.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

No that is redundant information as far as actually winning goes.

The number of tickets you enter matters because each one directly increases your chance of winning. However, each multiple ticket someone else enters does NOT do the same. If I enter 10 tickets and you enter 10 tickets, I increase my chance of winning by 10, but you only decrease my chance of not winning through your winning by 1. That is because although you may have more tickets, only 1 can win.

So if 20k people enter for 20k prizes, but everyone puts in 10 tickets, it'll show there being 200k tickets. But the chance of winning isn't 1/10, its 100%.

And you go from there. 5k prizes, you need to know how many people entered as well as how many tickets to determine odds.

Remember, no one can win more than once.

Since we can't know the total number of people, only tickets entered, it's going to be rough estimations. But take darts. 250k entered for 20k prizes, but odds weren't 20/250 to win. I entered 8 tickets, for example. If everyone entered 8 tickets, that would mean each ticket you entered would have a 20,000/31,250 chance to win. Better than 65%.

But again we cant know that variable.

Stonewall337.png

Except that I can put in 10 tickets and win 10 prizes. It's not limited to one prize per person; people have won multiple copies of the same prize on the same day by entering multiple tickets. If 20k people each enter 10 tickets, and 20k prizes are given out, 2000 of the 20k people who entered could each win 10 prizes while the other 18k get nothing (or, rather, get lamps).

I think the only variables that matter are the number of prizes given out, the total number of tickets entered, and the number of tickets you entered, but probability is not my strong suit.

Edited by Sorator

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Except that I can put in 10 tickets and win 10 prizes. It's not limited to one prize per person; people have won multiple copies of the same prize on the same day by entering multiple tickets. If 20k people each enter 10 tickets, and 20k prizes are given out, 2000 of the 20k people who entered could each win 10 prizes while the other 18k get nothing (or, rather, get lamps).

I think the only variables that matter are the number of prizes given out, the total number of tickets entered, and the number of tickets you entered, but probability is not my strong suit.

I'm going to need to see screenshots before I give any credence to that claim, since based on the statement by Jagex you can't win more than once per person.

Not saying there isn't a bug, it's possible, but I've seen no evidence of it, and until I do I'm going to have to base this off the information we have, which is you can only win once.

Quote from the FAQ on multiple wins:

No. Using multiple tickets for a daily raffle will give you a greater chance of winning, but you will only ever win one prize from a day's raffle.

Stonewall337.png

Mod Pips has said it is unlikely that JMods will be handing out tickets today due to internal network issues so you'll need to do a daily challenge to get your second ticket instead.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Mod Pips has said it is unlikely that JMods will be handing out tickets today due to internal network issues so you'll need to do a daily challenge to get your second ticket instead.

The context of what he meant by 'today' is debatable - the issue reared it's head for the 8pm event and then he said that at around 9pm.

Given that context "todays" could of easily just meant the 12am and 4am ones that rounded off that round of jmod events, with "tomorrow" being the 10am onwards ones

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Except that I can put in 10 tickets and win 10 prizes. It's not limited to one prize per person; people have won multiple copies of the same prize on the same day

That wasn't supposed to happen though :o.  Have there been glitches?

Edit: at above, Mod Simon is there handing out tickets now, looks like it's been resolved I guess.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png