*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)

Iantiger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem so, not a single world cup goal since the final of '98... dissapointing...

I don't know, I don't think Brazil looked particuarly strong out there today. I mean, sure, Croatia played a good game. But Brazil wasn't really showing their usual flair. In the last few minutes it was mostly Croatia putting pressure on Brazil...

Well you could see the potential there. You could kind of tell Brazil were never going to lose the game.

It's only the first game so don't expect all their performances to be like that.

That's a good point. Come to think of it, it never once crossed my mind that Brazil could actually lose a football match :P

I guess that I'm trying to put an optimistic light on things for when Australia plays them. Still, I maintain that Brazil isn't going to go all the way this time.

That sure fuels that fire that Henry can't produce in big games.

Being said I love watching Henry play, and I sure hope France can break out of this slump.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

That sure fuels that fire that Henry can't produce in big games.

Being said I love watching Henry play, and I sure hope France can break out of this slump.

What was the stat I heard tonight? Something like he has scored 8 goals in 20(?) major competitions matches (world cup & euro champ.). MIght have heard this wrong though.

sig2ho7.jpg

Aww I thought tha Japanese outplayed the Aussies right up until the last 10 minutes. I was rooting for them too.

As long as argentina wins I make my 10$

i thought the we actually deserved the win, not being biased or anything, but i think we had more shots than the japanese..

I came in at ~20th minute and for most of the game, it was as if Japan was just running through your defense. They had the chances but for some reason couldn't connect with them, bad offense maybe? Granted, because all Japan would do is run through your defense, they blew all their steam early and this is why they ended up so defensivly towards the end of the game (and a bad defense at that). If Japan had paced themselves a little better then they probably could have taken the game and not given the Aussies so many offensive opportunities at the end.

I don't know, I don't think Brazil looked particuarly strong out there today. I mean, sure, Croatia played a good game. But Brazil wasn't really showing their usual flair. In the last few minutes it was mostly Croatia putting pressure on Brazil...

Well you could see the potential there. You could kind of tell Brazil were never going to lose the game.

It's only the first game so don't expect all their performances to be like that.

That's a good point. Come to think of it, it never once crossed my mind that Brazil could actually lose a football match :P

I guess that I'm trying to put an optimistic light on things for when Australia plays them. Still, I maintain that Brazil isn't going to go all the way this time.

Mexico defeated Brazil on the Confederation Cup (in which's final Brazil defeated Argentina wonderfully).

Today Ronaldo just wouldn't move, when Robinho got in the team got a little better, if he were playing the entire game Brazil would've won with a most confortable score.

Also, I don't think Australia can beat Brazil, at all. If Croatia were winning today, Brazil would problably be more motivated, and would make more goals.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Brazil won today... YAY

Brazil 1 x 0 Croatia!

I'm sure that Brazil will be qualified :D

The game today was good, exept for Ronaldo, who didnt made anything, and his first effective move was at 55' with a powerfull kick, but ended in nothing... But I'm really happy! :P

komododabst3cn.png

Australia FTW!!!!!!

If I'm correct, until yesterday, they had never scored a goal in the World Cup...Ever?

Uhh ya...

1st. Argentina

2nd. Italy

3rd. Czech

4th. Brazil

USA is no-where to be found :( :evil:

Australia FTW!!!!!!

If I'm correct, until yesterday, they had never scored a goal in the World Cup...Ever?

Uhh ya...

Wellyeah, considering they had only been in 1 world cup finals before now(1974).

sig2ho7.jpg

but 1-0 isn't really good. :?

I think any team would take a 1-0 win against Croatia any day, including Brazil. When the 2 sides last played in 2005, they drew 1-1. If I was a Brazillian I'd be happy with the win, it's only the first game remember.

sig2ho7.jpg

Well, the French sucked, but that's nothing new. WIthout a doubt the most boring match so far: France - Suisse.

Brazil didn't do very good either. I hoped for a draw, because that's what Croatia deserved. Brazil were very dissapointing.

Only seen the goals from Korea - Togo.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well, the French sucked, but that's nothing new. WIthout a doubt the most boring match so far: France - Suisse.

Nah I found it amusing when like 3 yellow cards came out for the french because of petty things like when Zidane took the free kick before the referee blew his whistle etc. I don't know why he was penalised the free kick was rubbish :lol:

Oh and is it me or has Ronaldo lost alot of his previous flare?

It's their first match!

They won, they scored.. the others didn't.

I don't see all the bad comments towards Brasil players, Ronaldinho did not do any crazy shots or moves either... Doesn't matter, it'll come soon enough. :D

*smacks Tsai for putting Cote De Ivore*....Shame on you Tsai, shame on you. Argentinians are a million times better than CDI, yeesh.

They won with a tight 2 - 1. I wouldn't say the Argentinians are million times better. But for some reason you're think Argentinia and Holland have got an easy poule with Serbia and CDI, and you seem to think that USA has got the hardest poule.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It's their first match!

I don't see all the bad comments towards Brasil players, Ronaldinho did not do any crazy shots or moves either... Doesn't matter, it'll come soon enough. :D

Dude it's Brazil, sorry just had to say it...

It's their first match!

Brazilians call their country Brasilia. Some Koreans refer to their country as Corea. The Germans call their country Deutschland. Etc, etc. So no, Dude, it's not just Brazil

Make sure you're right before you make an idiot out of yourself :lol: :wink:

signaturecj5.jpg

It's their first match!

Brazilians call their country Brasilia. Some Koreans refer to their country as Corea. The Germans call their country Deutschland. Etc, etc. So no, Dude, it's not just Brazil

Make sure you're right before you make an idiot out of yourself :lol: :wink:

Good point, I actually thought about it after I posted, and thought nahh. Sorry Tsai!! :oops: