Noobs say the funniest things!

xXAbyssalXx

129-130-53-59536560

:o How have we gone this long without the uber life sword!

If it's an especially long skill to train (it better be), it should be called the uber (no) life sword.

I was being sarcastic, ya know.

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

^Oh that makes me think of new idea, we (tiffers) should all post on RSOF General at the same time saying: I like Bucket, do you? I like Jars, do you? I like pots, do you? :D

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

^Oh that makes me think of new idea, we (tiffers) should all post on RSOF General at the same time saying: I like Bucket, do you? I like Jars, do you? I like pots, do you? :D

Lol, but i dont think the RSOF would handle it. Its too messy allready :|

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

There I was, at the Grand Exchange, raising my Cooking levels along with some friends, when I notice a level 14 female shouting out "Selling a conversation, 5K!" constantly.

At first I ignored it, I barely even paid any attention to her, not to mention even considering to give her the cash she was asking for (I was always known for my attitude towards freeloaders, I think each person should earn his own bread).

After a while, my curiousity started to itch. I was interested enough to ask her this:

"Can I get an explanation of the product before I purchase?"

"Yes, after you pay me the money, I'll reward you with a conversation to interest you for serveral minutes, including any topic you could possibly think of. Including my ongoing goal to complete Dragon Slayer."

Curiousity could not let go of me, and as much as I hate freeloaders, I eventualy gave up and paid the small sum, not before asking if she is obligated to interest me thoughout the whole conversation.

For a few seconds, none of us spoke a word. I was waiting for her to suggest a topic, and she was waiting for me.

"Go ahead, pick a topic." she said.

"Any suggestions? It's your job after all."

"Costumers are supposed to pick topics."

"It seems more reasonable to me that if I can't pick a topic, you'd suggest it. And besides, who said costumers are supposed to come up with a topic?"

"The contract says so."

"I don't remember signing no contract."

"Oh, you did, just a few minutes ago, don't you remember?"

At this point, I realised nothing would come out of it, and as though as it may only be 5K gp, the feeling that the service was not granted annoyed me.

"I obviously did not sign any contract." I answered, hoping to might still get something out of it.

"You did, don't you remember? you should see a doctor."

"Well, I don't. You better come up with a topic, scammer." I said, giggling a little.

The girl apparently paniced, she was certain that I'm about to report her (even though it never crossed my mind before), and had begged me not to. I figured I'd ride the train she set, and said she should come up with a topic.

"Perhaps we could talk about how I didn't scam you? Or about scamming generally?" She asked, hoping for a positive response.

"That's not very interesting in my opinion."

"What is your favorite animal?" she asked desperately.

"Dogs, I guess."

She had some smarts, because instead of agreeing with me, she automaticly picked the other side of the equation. I believe she would have done that no matter what animal I suggested.

"Dogs are cold blood murderers! And they're so dumb!"

I decided to play along, let her show me her conversing abilities.

"What?! dogs are loving and trustful!"

"Dogs are vile and stupid!"

I don't recall exactly how the conversation went at this point, but I remember she tried to contradict anything I said.

At some point, she ran out of answers, and I wasn't so eager to continue the mindless conversation either. I figured she would panic again- but then-

"Your time is running out."

"I did not enjoy one second of the conversation. Rubbish scammer!"

"It's a shame- no refunds."

"I couldn't care less for 5K, I only want the service I paid for." I saw myself with a goal- either reach an interesting conversation, or make her admit a mistake.

"You paid for a conversation, and that's what you got."

"I paid for a service meant to interest and entertain me. I don't recall getting one."

Her nervous bone started to ache apparently, as she wouldn't let me end the conversation without the feeling of satisfaction.

"Look, you're right. If you want your money back, you can have it."

I didn't want my money back. Both because it was a useless sum, and because she did deserve it- After all, I got my conversation.

"I don't want my money back, I want the service I paid you for."

In the end, she kept shouting out "Selling a conversation, 5K!" and I ended up with a good laugh. The bare thought of someone struggling so hard to entertain me is hilarious, not to mention she did have a rather sarcastic sense of humour (on the full, about 5-6 times longer, conversation, not the one presented to you here), and I got the service I was looking for.

So maybe a few years ago "Dancing for money!" or "Looking for a job!" were popular by beggars, but they got creative (or perhaps it was just this specific player). Where will it go from here? Advice selling? Guidance for real life? Perhaps nothing will happen at all, and I'm just illusinating.

What ever it may be, seeing the very unusual "Selling a conversation" line out on the Grand Exchange was certainly thought-provoking.

Your thoughts?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I wonder if people realize that in the time they spend begging for money or doing stupid things for money they could train a skill and get alot more money.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I wonder if people realize that in the time they spend begging for money or doing stupid things for money they could train a skill and get alot more money.

What you may find to be "stupid" others might find fun. I would think of all people that someone who plays Runescape would know, and understand this.

Prism_Swords.png

I don't intend to be horrible to the OP, but at points in there, you sounded a bit harsh to her.

"It seems more reasonable to me that if I can't pick a topic, you'd suggest it. And besides, who said costumers are supposed to come up with a topic?"

"The contract says so."

After that, you say you could see nothing was coming from it, but do you not see, that was a conversation, and it had started.

Anyway, i'm going to merge this with the 'Noobs say the funniest things!' thread as it will die out quickly if i don't.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't intend to be horrible to the OP, but at points in there, you sounded a bit harsh to her.

"The contract says so."

After that, you say you could see nothing was coming from it, but do you not see, that was a conversation, and it had started.

Anyway, i'm going to merge this with the 'Noobs say the funniest things!' thread as it will die out quickly if i don't.

Somewhere along the lines, I did say I got what I paid for.

Noob: I thought noob was another word for aliens

#-o

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: ^

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Not very nooby, more like newbie, or even funny, but i`ll still post this:

Random guy at evil tree: How can i plant evil tree`s?

Me: what do you mean?

Random guy: How do i plant these kindlings?

yeah... 8-)

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

The noob is the name I censored with Red. sorry if it's bad editting I'm not good as this.

unfairkicking.th.png

ye maulmachine is a bleep

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

There I was, at the Grand Exchange, raising my Cooking levels along with some friends, when I notice a level 14 female shouting out "Selling a conversation, 5K!" constantly.

At first I ignored it, I barely even paid any attention to her, not to mention even considering to give her the cash she was asking for (I was always known for my attitude towards freeloaders, I think each person should earn his own bread).

After a while, my curiousity started to itch. I was interested enough to ask her this:

"Can I get an explanation of the product before I purchase?"

"Yes, after you pay me the money, I'll reward you with a conversation to interest you for serveral minutes, including any topic you could possibly think of. Including my ongoing goal to complete Dragon Slayer."

Curiousity could not let go of me, and as much as I hate freeloaders, I eventualy gave up and paid the small sum, not before asking if she is obligated to interest me thoughout the whole conversation.

For a few seconds, none of us spoke a word. I was waiting for her to suggest a topic, and she was waiting for me.

"The contract says so."

At this point, I realised nothing would come out of it, and as though as it may only be 5K gp, the feeling that the service was not granted annoyed me.

"I obviously did not sign any contract." I answered, hoping to might still get something out of it.

"You did, don't you remember? you should see a doctor."

"Well, I don't. You better come up with a topic, scammer." I said, giggling a little.

The girl apparently paniced, she was certain that I'm about to report her (even though it never crossed my mind before), and had begged me not to. I figured I'd ride the train she set, and said she should come up with a topic.

"Perhaps we could talk about how I didn't scam you? Or about scamming generally?" She asked, hoping for a positive response.

"That's not very interesting in my opinion."

"What is your favorite animal?" she asked desperately.

"Dogs, I guess."

She had some smarts, because instead of agreeing with me, she automaticly picked the other side of the equation. I believe she would have done that no matter what animal I suggested.

"Dogs are cold blood murderers! And they're so dumb!"

I decided to play along, let her show me her conversing abilities.

"What?! dogs are loving and trustful!"

"Dogs are vile and stupid!"

I don't recall exactly how the conversation went at this point, but I remember she tried to contradict anything I said.

At some point, she ran out of answers, and I wasn't so eager to continue the mindless conversation either. I figured she would panic again- but then-

"Your time is running out."

"I did not enjoy one second of the conversation. Rubbish scammer!"

"It's a shame- no refunds."

"I couldn't care less for 5K, I only want the service I paid for." I saw myself with a goal- either reach an interesting conversation, or make her admit a mistake.

"You paid for a conversation, and that's what you got."

"I paid for a service meant to interest and entertain me. I don't recall getting one."

Her nervous bone started to ache apparently, as she wouldn't let me end the conversation without the feeling of satisfaction.

"Look, you're right. If you want your money back, you can have it."

I didn't want my money back. Both because it was a useless sum, and because she did deserve it- After all, I got my conversation.

"I don't want my money back, I want the service I paid you for."

In the end, she kept shouting out "Selling a conversation, 5K!" and I ended up with a good laugh. The bare thought of someone struggling so hard to entertain me is hilarious, not to mention she did have a rather sarcastic sense of humour (on the full, about 5-6 times longer, conversation, not the one presented to you here), and I got the service I was looking for.

So maybe a few years ago "Dancing for money!" or "Looking for a job!" were popular by beggars, but they got creative (or perhaps it was just this specific player). Where will it go from here? Advice selling? Guidance for real life? Perhaps nothing will happen at all, and I'm just illusinating.

What ever it may be, seeing the very unusual "Selling a conversation" line out on the Grand Exchange was certainly thought-provoking.

Your thoughts?

This is not an arguement! Your simply contradicting me!

No I'm not.

Yes you are!

No I'm not.

Yes you are!

limdog.png