Can you cook and whats your specialty?

jak722

I can cook a few and even bake a cake or so.

Having two younger siblings, I often have to cook dinner when my mom is away. :wall:

That being said, I usually only have canned food and processed meat on hand most of the time. As a result, I usually do soup, noodles, tuna, beans and chili and tacos. For pastries, mostly pancake and muffin mixes.

My specialty however, is Spaghetti, which I prefer sweet, with hotdogs and somewhat watery. (my mom doesn't buy meatballs often...)

Whats your specialty? :wink:

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

being a housewife and a parent i had to learn how to cook very quickly (my first attepmt at cooking ended up with burnt outside/raw inside sausages) :boohoo:

i prefer simple but healthy meals, none of that fancy food where 2 bites and its gone. i love stir fries/chinese, and i make my own cakes when i can \'

i make a mean curry too :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Mostly rice + stir-fried vegetables with fish and/or meat. I can also put together a decent curry on the fly, and my omelette isn't bad either.

My specialty is breakfast. I can make any standard breakfast food (eggs any way you like it, french toast, pancakes, homefries, etc).

Although I like to make almost everything :)

summerpngwy6.jpg

Hmm... I do alot of cooking for my family, and I have 3 dishes I make every week or two.

I make a dish I made up, I call it 'Pasta Ala Yummy' it's Fiorelli pasta with fried onions, peppers, and mushrooms, mixed up with a little butter.

Also Stuffed Peppers; baked peppers stuffed with minced lamb, mushroom pieces, leeks and bits of carrot, topped with cheese and in the oven for 40 minutes:)

Another of my favourites; chicken kebabs! Diced chicken cubes with pepper and onion, barbecued until golden. :)

Mhmmmmmmmmm O:)

^_^ Those all sound great! I really should learn to cook more. >.<

I've never had leeks. What do they taste like?

3898000bYVcx.png

Aaaah cooking, the only part of home ec i actually like i can cook tons of food but my best dishes by me id say is

1. stir fry with noodles

2. kebabs

3. pizza (from scratch)

4. curry with basmati rice (curry from scratch)

5. spaghetti bolognase

draconack.jpeg

New RSN - Dirty_S0uth5 (Ranger Mage)

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

dirty_s0uth5.png

My speciality has to be chicken enchiladas. I make them at least once a fortnight and boy are they good. I also make a mean mole in the hole when I feel like it.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

i cook and bake.

cant think of something special, though. goose? its how my mom made and still makes it. well my fav meat is chicken. so i use that alot more than the others. salmon is awesome too, good one is kind of expensive.

love baking fancy cakes... :shock: rather consider it as an art, than baking. all the diferent layers. haha, i usually dont eat them afterwards, so my fam and friends always want me to try new pies and so on.. so they can eat them :)

I can make a pretty mean beans on toast lunch 8-) har har har

Anyway, I really like cooking. I'm good at barbecueing stuff, pan grilling steaks, sauteed potato dishes etc. My attempts at curry aren't that bad either, but i prefer takeaway indian.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Eggs, pancakes, toast, um, nothing else :oops:

But if you put scrambled eggs on top of pancakes=heaven O:)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I live by myself, so if I'm short on money, I cook instead of eating out.

Things I'm good at from memory: Pastas, beef things, soups, stews, cassarols.

Completely from scratch of course, it's cheaper and tastes better.

And I can cook almost anything from a recipe, then alter it a bit so that it tastes better.

Except baking.... I'm too impatiant to bake rolls, breads and such, so they always come out unrisen. I can do cakes and deserts though.

~M

I never really cook the same things, and when I cook I do it with all the luxary stuff. What I do most and like doing the most is make special lunches, from cold to hot lunches, everything. I'm the lunch king.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!