More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

I think there is a better solution than giving f2p more bank space. There is a thread (not sure where, but theres loads of people with links in their sig) about a whole new bank layout. Among other things (the ability to divide your bank into sections, a currency section where all forms of currency are kept, & loads of other great stuff) you have the option to "lock" a bank slot. When you do this, the slot will be kept open even if you have 0 of it in the bank currently (similar to the way slots are kept open now if you have 1 or more of an item banked) This way, you could become a member for one month, and deposit everything you ever plan to use, and lock it. This way, you could withdraw and use it whenver you need to, then put it back. Many former members (myself included) do this by getting 2 of every item we plan to use in f2p and always keeping one copy of it in the bank, but this can get expensive if you have trimmed armor or anything like that. It would be much easier if you could keep the slot open without needing 2 copies of the item. This way, f2p has potentially as many slots as p2p, as long as you have made the MASSIVE one time $5 investment. Although you won't be able to bank any new items that come out (like holiday & random), those items are kind of worthless. Holiday items are virtually never used, and you can duplicate some of them, and on the rare occasion that you do use one, it's not a big deal to spend 5 minutes walking through the really tiny f2p world to Draynor or Varrock or where ever. Random items you will just have to drop. But then... I dropped several sets of frog, full mime and zombie, and partial camo and lederhosen last time I cleaned out my bank, and I was a member then. If I can survive without random clothing, you probably can too.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoy Hoy3 (my friend) He has quit membs because it is unfair 4 f2p. I hav many other frends hoo say they will do the same thing. (12 hav out 57) if jagex doesnt want 2 lose buisness, they shood give us bankspace.

By reading this small blurb u hav allowed me to take over your mind :)

i support! theres no reason they should limit a players bank space, like a row or two would be great

Eh, actually, there's one problem with fully unlimited bank space. Data file sizes. Jagex stated at some point that the file size of each player's profile is about 5 KB. Multiply this 5 KB each times the about 5 million users there are, and you get 25 GB of Data! I'll admit, the limit could expand to 8 KB each profile, but any more than that right now and it would be out of hand.

So yes, adding 12 spaces for F2P and like 16 or 24 for P2P would be fine? But unlimited? Forget it.

~Mr. Devnull

(BTW, I am one of the central supporters for the bank space expansion, so please, no flames about my being such a critic... :( ...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I agree the bank space is way too small and limiting. If it's going to limit the space, everything should stack up. But still, more space is required.

thank you

is there a runescape addiction program you can point me to?

Okay, the one thing I do have to say is about your #5 reason, which was quest items.

First off, when was the last free quest released? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it allllllll the way back when rs2 was first released (Rune Mysteries).

Secondly, what free quests are there that actually have something useful to have to hold onto? Last time I checked, Earnest the Chicken didn't give me anything useful, neither did Prince Ali Rescue. The only quest I can really think of is Demon Slayer, which gives you Silverlight, which helps fighting demons. However, unless you're a complete idiot, you'll be able to wield rune weapons by the time you go against lesser/greater demons, and no matter what they say, rune weapons ARE better than silverlight.

Thirdly, didn't Jagex specifically add onto the Old Wise Man of Draynor Village the ability to check your bank to see if you have any useless free quest items? That way, even if you are not completely sure of it, you can always ask him if something is useful or not.

While yes, I sympathize with you and your convictions, I feel that the basis of your argument should only be four reasons as the fifth one is a very weak argument. While I'm not going to go and offend you by saying stuff like "You get what you pay for!" I do want to put out two ideas for you to chew on.

1. The Federal minimum wage in the United States (where the majority of "runescapians" live are) is around $5.25. That means that even if you are the most unskilled worker in the world, it will still take you less than an hour to pay for a month of membership.

2. With the addition of the Costume Room, if you were to become members, almost 1/2 of your argument would be void because you can store all costumes (as long as their full) in that one room. While yes, you have to be a member to enjoy this benefit, it is just one more incentive among MANY to become a member.

And my final thought, how much really is $5.00? At McDonalds, it will buy you ONE meal. It will pay for 1/2 that ticket you bought to see Mission Impsossible 3. It will barely pay for that popcorn you bought at the movies also. And think about it, if Jagex was to improve Free-to-play, what would really be the incentive to become a member. ALSO, what do you think ends up paying for the technology and the work that would enable them to add 12 more spaces? Membership fees do. So why would they be spending membership money on improvements that aren't for members?

I am not trying to yell at you or anything, I am trying to give a clear, logical explanation for the realistic outcome that will happen, and that is, that this will not happen I'm sorry to tell you.

yeah add em im a member now but i still remember

im not crazy everyone else is!!! unless im wrong

if you give a noob a muffin he will probaly ask for another and butter

scammees always believe the scammer nothing you can do

I feel I have to say to all people supporting this: "You scrounging gits!"

If you want more space, pay. If you're too damn cheapskate to pay, then don't whine, as you've brought it upon yourselves. I first had this problem when I was 12. So I got a job ironing to pay for membership. If I could do it then, then you load of scroungers can do it now.

And a few words for the donkey stubborn of you: How much do you really need your first bow?

Tch, I'm going thread-making.

Please don't shout at me because I'm stupid...

Here Here for more f2p bank spaces!! :D

And to all you stuck up members (minority of members, dont think im sterotyping here), WHATS WRONG WITH a tiny 12 more spaces for F2P members?! Ive seen pictures of many members banks filled with hundreds of completely usless items, where F2P barely have enough space for basic items. 12 more spaces is nothing compared to the hundreds offered to members.

So to all you members get down off your 'high horse' and get yourself the reality check. F2P deserves some consideration, as without F2P practically every runescape member would not of started the game, hence the game would not be what it is today with hundreds of thousands of paying players.

12 spaces isnt much, but it will help alot, so please give your support to this petition, and not try to drag it down with negative comments.

Okay, the one thing I do have to say is about your #5 reason, which was quest items.

First off, when was the last free quest released? Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it allllllll the way back when rs2 was first released (Rune Mysteries).

Secondly, what free quests are there that actually have something useful to have to hold onto? Last time I checked, Earnest the Chicken didn't give me anything useful, neither did Prince Ali Rescue. The only quest I can really think of is Demon Slayer, which gives you Silverlight, which helps fighting demons. However, unless you're a complete idiot, you'll be able to wield rune weapons by the time you go against lesser/greater demons, and no matter what they say, rune weapons ARE better than silverlight.

Thirdly, didn't Jagex specifically add onto the Old Wise Man of Draynor Village the ability to check your bank to see if you have any useless free quest items? That way, even if you are not completely sure of it, you can always ask him if something is useful or not.

While yes, I sympathize with you and your convictions, I feel that the basis of your argument should only be four reasons as the fifth one is a very weak argument. While I'm not going to go and offend you by saying stuff like "You get what you pay for!" I do want to put out two ideas for you to chew on.

1. The Federal minimum wage in the United States (where the majority of "runescapians" live are) is around $5.25. That means that even if you are the most unskilled worker in the world, it will still take you less than an hour to pay for a month of membership.

2. With the addition of the Costume Room, if you were to become members, almost 1/2 of your argument would be void because you can store all costumes (as long as their full) in that one room. While yes, you have to be a member to enjoy this benefit, it is just one more incentive among MANY to become a member.

And my final thought, how much really is $5.00? At McDonalds, it will buy you ONE meal. It will pay for 1/2 that ticket you bought to see Mission Impsossible 3. It will barely pay for that popcorn you bought at the movies also. And think about it, if Jagex was to improve Free-to-play, what would really be the incentive to become a member. ALSO, what do you think ends up paying for the technology and the work that would enable them to add 12 more spaces? Membership fees do. So why would they be spending membership money on improvements that aren't for members?

I am not trying to yell at you or anything, I am trying to give a clear, logical explanation for the realistic outcome that will happen, and that is, that this will not happen I'm sorry to tell you.

Firstly, that was never brought up.

Secondly, some people just like the quest items. If I really had to, I would have dropped Silverlight as you can buy it back, but the Blurite Sword looks pretty cool. I believe there are 4 quest items on F2P, Silverlight, the Blurite Sword, the Amulet of Ghostspeak, and the Anti-Fire shield. 2 of those items are used in members, although I'm pretty sure they can be re-obtained. I haven't though of this until now to be honest.

Thirdly, the Wise Old Man isn't so wise. All he told me was "Anti-Fire shield", "Blurite Sword" and "Silverlight". 3 items, 3 spaces. Not going to help much.

And for your suggestion...

The minimum working age is 15 where I live. I'm not sure what it is anywhere else, but I'm sure it's around 15. In a recent Tip.It Poll, 81% of Tip.iters are under 18. I'm guessing about 60% are under 15. Add the rest of the RuneScape population and I'm guessing 65%. So yeah, if everyone lives where I live, then 65% of the people that play RuneScape can't get jobs.

And for your McDonalds analogy.

McDonalds=Food. Food=Need of Life. You die without food.

RuneScape/=(Does not equal)Need of Life. You don't die without RuneScape

So yeah, the movie theater analogy is better.

And I realise that you sort-of-support this idea.

I feel I have to say to all people supporting this: "You scrounging gits!"

If you want more space, pay. If you're too damn cheapskate to pay, then don't whine, as you've brought it upon yourselves. I first had this problem when I was 12. So I got a job ironing to pay for membership. If I could do it then, then you load of scroungers can do it now.

And a few words for the donkey stubborn of you: How much do you really need your first bow?

Tch, I'm going thread-making.

First of all...

***To people that do not support, hear me now. This is the one rule I have for you, if you are going to post here saying you don't support. Please, only post here if you have a good, well thought out statement that objects to us having more bank space. Give us good reasons. Do NOT post here just to say anything like "You get what you pay for!", or "F2P doesn't pay, but we do! You shouldn't get updates!"... I have heard it all before. Those aren't good enough reasons for us not to get more bank space. We aren't going to pay $5 a month, just for some more bank space... Anyone seen posting another message like that will be reported immediately. It is SPAM, and I will not tolerate it anymore. Take note of that.***

If people can't afford membership, there's a reason. Maybe they can't get a job. You're probably thinking "What about an allowance?" Well, not everyone gets an allowance. And read what I said about minimum working ages above. And some people here use their money on neccesities, like food, gas, rent, etc. Not some game that they have money to pay for, but have other priorites.

And I'm a member. So shut your mouth about me being a whining F2Per.

Clay, I'm not trying to start an argument. You sound like a nice guy. I just had to put my opinion out there. Asdayasman, I was. Sort of.

And oh yeah, we've had a perfect example of why this could happen today. If Jagex is willing to give the F2Pers a holiday event, they better be willing to give them bank space.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

i've got another suggestion, because my closet thing was used by jagex. A free f2p teleport to draynor or some way of getting your holiday items back quickly! Draynor is realy out of the way for f2p, make it easier to get to or move it around to varrock and such. Have thellesia team up and she'll gave back random clothes, i like that one.

I like your suggestion Dalcyte, except it won't make things that much easier. My suggestion, one that's beeen suggested over and over, is a way to get back random event clothes. So yeah, have the Clothes Shop lady and Diango team up, and give you back BOTH holiday items AND random event clothes. That'll save over 20 spaces for some people.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

To all you members who keep yelling at f2pers for being cheap:

1. I know you're mostly kids, and I know your parents mostly pay for your membership. But many kids don't get allowances. Many kids can't do stupid things like chores for cash, because they are obligated to do so free(their parents make them do it). Also, those of us who actually work for our money might be a little more carefull with it. Some people don't go to the movies every weekend, or buy memberships willnilly. So stop presuming that we're too lazy or cheap to get a membership, and accept that Jagex lets us play for free. We are entitled to make complaints(Jagex isn't obliged to fulfill them, for f2p or members).

2. For whatever reason, we have chosen not to pay for membership. We've heard your arguments many times over. Guess what, it's not making us get a membership. So just shut up and accept that we're not members.

Yes, I see what Clay2 is trying to say, if you pay for a years worth of membership on runescape it is only $45 US which is about the same price you would pay for a video game which you would buy and then probably sell a year or two later, mabe even sooner.

But F2P do need more bankspace I mean now they have also added full skeleton+a pumpkin head which takes up an extra 6 spaces in your bank. Sure you could just destroy it and then get it back again but the time it takes to do it is too long.

I like the idea that Diango works with the lady Theissia or whatever her name is in the varrock clothing store because it is easier to get to as Drayanor Village is way out of the way.

Either that or they should make a free teleport to drayonar village from the clothing shop in varrock or something like that.

Lastly many people don't get allowence, I for one am one of them. about halfof the parents in this world don't pay their kids to do jobs around the house that kids should do atomaticly. Either that or some parents don't have the money to give their kids allowence. So don't go saying we are all fat lazy (swearword) when mabe its just the other way around. Mabe you get allowence for no reason at all just because they decide to give it you. So before you critisise others look at yourself, you probably look twice as worse <.<

---gandorf61

PS I still support! :thumbsup: And have sent another letter to jagex! :mrgreen:

Commendable !

=D>

You can put me down as a supporter ...

I'm going to get a letter to Jagex asap !!!

And gandorf61 - What you said was so true ;

I don't get paid an allowance either :wall: .

sweetdreamslm2.png

I do support this fully, but I just have to say something. Once the newness of these costumes wears off, you probably won't be wearing them much.(I've already destroyed mine) I might go get my rubber chicken soon now that it's not entirely common. But what I'm saying is they're designed not to need space. For some reason, Jagex has made the random event items irrecoverable. That's what really bothers me. It took forever for me to get these lederhosen, and I'm not dropping them. I don't think Jagex should give us any more space than is needed for the clothes from random events.

This ofcourse, raises another problem. Is this unfair to all the people who dump random clothing in favor of actually using their space?