More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

I know you're going to hate me for my opinion, but I do have a good, well-thought out objection to this. And though you are turning a blind eye to "F2P doesn't pay, they shouldn't get this," it is, cold heartedly I agree, true.

Don't get me wrong, with all of the new updates for members lately, F2P definitely deserves something, but you have to think about it from the eys of Jagex.

The two main reasons people pay to play is for the bank space and for the other places to go. So, if they added more bank space to F2P, quite a few people will be discouraged from paying for members, and most likely stay F2P. Also, people who ARE paying right now will feel ripped off, and feel that they aren't getting their money's worth, and they'll quit being members, too.

Now, this is really bad news for Jagex, because if it wasn't for the people paying to play, Jagex wouldn't have enough money to support the servers, and would have to make it ALL P2P. Now, everyone who WAS F2P will be upset because they can't play.

See? Jagex can't please everyone, and when it comes between pleasing the people who play for free or pleasing the people who pay to play, they choose to please the people who pay. As much as I think F2P deserves more bank space, I cannot support this.

Sorry. :(

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're going to hate me for my opinion, but I do have a good, well-thought out objection to this. And though you are turning a blind eye to "F2P doesn't pay, they shouldn't get this," it is, cold heartedly I agree, true.

Don't get me wrong, with all of the new updates for members lately, F2P definitely deserves something, but you have to think about it from the eys of Jagex.

The two main reasons people pay to play is for the bank space and for the other places to go. So, if they added more bank space to F2P, quite a few people will be discouraged from paying for members, and most likely stay F2P. Also, people who ARE paying right now will feel ripped off, and feel that they aren't getting their money's worth, and they'll quit being members, too.

Now, this is really bad news for Jagex, because if it wasn't for the people paying to play, Jagex wouldn't have enough money to support the servers, and would have to make it ALL P2P. Now, everyone who WAS F2P will be upset because they can't play.

See? Jagex can't please everyone, and when it comes between pleasing the people who play for free or pleasing the people who pay to play, they choose to please the people who pay. As much as I think F2P deserves more bank space, I cannot support this.

Strange. F2P bank space was one of the reasons I did not renew my membership. What use is getting all this bank space just so it will go away in a month? Not to mention being stuck with members items in the f2p bank.

Tetsuya.png

I don't hate you for your opinion, everyonis entitled to theirs. I just hate the idiots who can't even spell F2P right during their flaming.

Hm, we've tried messaging Jagex and all we get is an automated reply. So we can't look at it from the eyes of Jagex other than guessing/predicting.

I became a member for Castle Wars. (Which now I kind of hate) No, that was not all I wanted, I want the new lands, skills and quests to do as well. Bank space was just an extra feature I didn't even think about.

I heard somewhere that the money from ads goes to support F2P worlds. I may be wrong, but if it was, I'd say that playing and getting 1/2 updates a year would be all F2P needs.

What do you mean they can't pleas everyone? Just add like 24-48 more bank spaces for us members, and 12 for F2P. So we won't be too mad about a F2P only update.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I actually popped a solution earlier in this thread for that, as well as it was re-noted in another thread.

We could have a quest, and depending on whether you're f2p or p2p, you have a certain amount of bank spaces as a reward for completing it.

12 for completing as a f2p

48 for completing as a p2p

If you lose members, it switches to the lesser size... If you get members for the first time, renew, or come back to p2p from being a temporary f2p, then it grows back to full size.

Personally, I feel that this would be a win/win/win situation for Jagex/Members/Non-members... :D

Now would you like to support, Waffleh???

~Mr. Devnull

[Off-Topic Edit @ penguingeek3 ...: ROTFL... :lol: ...you beat me to posting about that first.]

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This is one of the ideas not to suggest posted on the official rs website....

And besides, If you want moe bankspace, Become a member or suck it up. This is never going to happen, Besides f2p is pretty much a 'demo', So I dont think jagex cares toooo much about it.

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

And besides, If you want moe bankspace, Become a member or suck it up. This is never going to happen, Besides f2p is pretty much a 'demo', So I dont think jagex cares toooo much about it.

And due to a lack of thinking and being more constructive, you've basically spammed. What are you, a "Jagex-hired shill"???

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Is this the official RuneScape website? No. If you're talking about the sticky, then...

If you present a logical reason for posting any of the above topics, special permission may be granted.

I'm also pretty sure it used to say that existing topics will be allowed, but not new ones. If I'm wrong, then Prankster has probably PMed Jaklumen, or some other mod.

And I've had so much experience in this thread, arguing against non-supporters, I could probably make a long post showing how you're wrong. But I won't, as I'm low on time, and don't feel like it.

doublesmileyface1.png

ok i know you said not to just say "you don't pay you shouldn't get updates" but hear me out.

jagex is a COMPANY! their main goal is to make MONEY! like a COMPANY! i agree with the concept of paying a little money for the bank space... but there's a good reason for the ftp version of the game to be considerably worse than the ptp version. i understand that you have lots of items... but there should be some considerable inconvienience when you're not paying any money at all. the members deserve their extra bank space. they have approximately 10 TIMES the amount of items that ftpers have... so yeah. that's it. i'm sure you're all going to flame and call me a "fr00b" and a "snotty member" but you can go **** yourselves.

teh kaiser-nessososity.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

ok i know you said not to just say "you don't pay you shouldn't get updates" but hear me out.

jagex is a COMPANY! their main goal is to make MONEY! like a COMPANY! i agree with the concept of paying a little money for the bank space... but there's a good reason for the ftp version of the game to be considerably worse than the ptp version. i understand that you have lots of items... but there should be some considerable inconvienience when you're not paying any money at all. the members deserve their extra bank space. they have approximately 10 TIMES the amount of items that ftpers have... so yeah. that's it. i'm sure you're all going to flame and call me a "fr00b" and a "snotty member" but you can go **** yourselves.

teh kaiser-nessososity.

Everyone says the "Hear me out" thing now...Kind of useless putting it, as we have to...

Yes, Jagex is a company. Companies need money. Jagex gets most of its money from members. Members come from F2P. Get it?

Yes, considerably worse. As if only have less than 1/5th of the world, about 1/10th of the quests, 2/3 of the skills, AND still over 1/3th of other stuff, like skill extensions isn't considerably worse. We have a lot of bank space. I'm not sure if it's 10 times as much as F2P. But...Do we have 10 times as many NEEDED items? No...

You fr00b and snotty member! Please, don't make me say I needed sarcasm tags...

doublesmileyface1.png

If Jagex doesn't care about F2P, they in turn don't care about runescape. Face it, F2P is not a demo, P2P is an expansion. F2P is the game. According to what you say, if F2P was completely eliminated, Jagex would make just as much money, which is a blatant lie. If Jagex dropped F2P, nobody new would play because they don't want to pay for a game and find out they don't like it. As members slowly quit, the Runescape population would die and Jagex would go out of business.

And you think Jagex cares very little about F2P??

SUCK IT UP

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

***To people that do not support, hear me now. This is the one rule I have for you, if you are going to post here saying you don't support. Please, only post here if you have a good, well thought out statement that objects to us having more bank space. Give us good reasons. Do NOT post here just to say anything like "You get what you pay for!", or "F2P doesn't pay, but we do! You shouldn't get updates!"... I have heard it all before. Those aren't good enough reasons for us not to get more bank space. We aren't going to pay $5 a month, just for some more bank space... Anyone seen posting another message like that will be reported immediately. It is SPAM, and I will not tolerate it anymore. Take note of that.***

So tell me, why are they still getting updates?

...All I have to say. If someone else wants to add more, feel free...

doublesmileyface1.png

i'ma p2per... but i was f2p ones too and i think f2pers should get like 15 more slots of bank space so i will sign the petition :)

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

i couldn't agree more with you f2p does need more bank space

at the moment i'm member but i still remember the time when i was f2p

and i had trouble with bank space to

f2p could use 15 to 20 slots more

so sign me in for the petition!

proud owner of a Quest Cape

^achieved on 18/02/07^

rick1250.png