Void Knights Are Guthix Followers... Or Are They?

Headnazgul

Most of you who have heard of the Void Knights who run Pest Control probably realize they are followers of Guthix, the God of Balance. But my question is this... what if they're not? What if they are in fact not followers of Guthix at all, but are instead followers of Zamorak, the God of Chaos? This post is not to prove or disprove this, but to put it to you to come up with your own conclusion based on a few facts I have come across.

First off, the symbols. At first glance, nothing out of the ordinary:

Void Knight:

VoidFlag.png

Zamorak:

ZammyFlag.png

Different colors and seemingly unique shapes. But let's look at this again. Based on the Unholy Symbol of Zamorak's design (ZammySymbol.png), we can create a uniform symbol of Zamorak with which to compare to the Void Knight symbol:

ZammyVoid-Symbol.gif

If you notice, there is one single line that differentiates the symbol of Zamorak from the symbol of the Void Knights. This was shocking when I noticed it, considering the massive differences between many of the other symbols throughout Runescape.

Moreover, the Void Knight Mace has a few intriguing features of its own. It is true, it can auto-cast Claws of Guthix, but if you've ever looked at its stats, you will notice it doesn't give any defense bonuses, and as most of you have probably come to realize through the use of Guthix Books and what not, most items used in the name of Guthix have practically identical attack and defense bonuses where as most items used in the name of Zamorak have zero defense bonuses and only attack bonuses. This is also particularly strange considering that it is practically the only weapon intended for magic that doesn't give any magic defense bonuses at all. If this Void Knight Mace was indeed intended for use in Guthix' name, then you would think it would be a "balanced" weapon, but it's not.

Furthermore, nowhere on the entire island does there exist a single depiction of the actual symbol of Guthix or even his color (green) which can be found on decorative banners and armor throughout places of the world. You would think an order truly devoted to Guthix would at least have a shrine or a statue or even a little painting that could fit in your pocket, but they don't.

Lastly, not once do they tell you who is actually sending these monsters through the portals. For all we know, they could be allies of Saradomin being sent to Runescape to conquer the Zamorakians. They could even be the minions of Zaros the God of Evil himself being sent from the realm in which he now resides, trying to reclaim the position which is rightfully his from Zamorak. However, as far-fetched as it may be, (what in this thread isn't far-fetched anyway?) the monsters could just be misunderstood creatures that have been mistakenly tele-othered into the islands of the south by powerful intoxicated mages. If you got tele-othered by a wizard under the influence and wound up a thousand miles away from where you were, I'm sure you'd attack the first thing you see as well.

Anyway, I started to ramble into randomness but those are the ideas and facts that I propose to you. This is meant as a debate, but keep it clean, no flaming. Yes you will most likely think I am crazy, and yes, I am indeed a follower of Zaros.

Are Void Knights followers of Guthix or followers of Zamorak?

Nazgul.jpeg

It wouldn't make sense if they were actually Zamarok follower. They wanted help to get rid of pest creatures, not create chaos.

Or to destroy the enemy? :wink:

You've done alot of work on this, I'm pretty surprised by what you've found, I dought that there's actually some big secret here because it's a minigame and I don't see how they'd make a continuation (Is that a word? :lol: ) out of it.

But some nice work and research done (with interesting results), crazy conspiracys ftw :mrgreen:

~Philip

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

BUt Jagex created them as guthix followers, how can Pixels go aggainst there programming :P

Uhmm....Done "The Golem" quest? No, not really.

Guthix is the God of *Balance* So therefore, he can be evil and good when he wants.

BUt Jagex created them as guthix followers, how can Pixels go aggainst there programming :P

Jagex has been known to throw us some curve balls in the past. What about the "plague" in West Ardougne? Not gonna give it away but if you've completed that series up through Mourning's End Part 1, you will know what I mean.

Your looking into this way to much, plus who really cares.

If you don't care then don't post. Simple as that.

Nazgul.jpeg

no he can't, being balanced means you are equally good and evil, not that you can tip the scales whenever you want.

nice investigation dude, definately interesting and i'd never thought about it before

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

40 Barrows trips, 4 Barrows equipment (Guthans Helm, Veracs Helm, Ahrims Skirt, Dharoks Helm)

Why can't I ever figure out any clever connections in the game. I feel so stupid. :anxious:

Anyway, I think your discovery is extremely interesting. Guthix was always there to balance out the actions of Saradromin and Zamarok. I personally feel it could go either way, it could be Guthix followers balancing out a wave of Zamaroks evil OR it be Zamarok in disguise unleashing a fresh lick of chaos. :twisted:

I am limited in Runescape history, so please excuse me if that didn't make sense....

I'd say Void Knights are definatly Guthix

I mean zammy has the black knights

Sara has the white knights

Guthix has the Void knights, also despite the logo similarites if they weren't aligned to guthix their mace couldn't help you cast the guthix god spell

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

well heres from the original post for news of the pest control release

The Void Knights are a military order who have helped serve Guthix and his penchant for balance since the early Fourth Age. It is their job to ensure that the flux of good and evil coming through to RuneScape each day remains constant, but there are some beasts they find more difficult to accept than others.

On a series of islands in the far south of the world they have found some portals that are nothing but pure evil, which must be shut down at any cost.

and from the kb

The Void Knights are devoted to keeping the balance that exists on Gielinor as decreed by Guthix. In the past this meant little more than the odd assassination but times are changing. Recently creatures from another realm have started breaking through into this one, though so far their incursions are limited to small islands to the south.

they could just be blindly saying that they follow guthix, while they try equalize things

maybe the symbols are their's not guthix's directly

who knows?

I am TERRIBLY impressed by this! You've really thought this through and taken time to write this post clearly and add in some excellent graphics which gives it a touch of stupendous!

You've brought up a great point and you may be on to something. We all know that something going on with Temple Knights so why not another conspiracy with the Void Knights? Perhaps there will be a quest related to our beloved Mini-game in the near future but until then I will still keep on playing Pest Control and getting all those oodles and oodles of Experience points :D .

You have very valid points, but as one of the few followers of Guthix in the game of course I have to defend the knights.

You are saying that their emblem is similar to Zamorak's and not the one used by Guthix. If you think about it, the white knights are followers of Saradomin but don't use his emblem.

The mace is a WEAPON. All its attack bonuses are equal (those that matter anyway) and it doesn't have you cast the other god's spells. Since when would a weapon protect you?

Do druids wear green? Gypsy Aris? Thought so. Don't forget, Guthix doesn't depend on worship for power so I don't see why he should need constant worshipping like the other two.

According to Runescape lore Saradomin never used evil monsters. Also, Guthix is the god of balance AND nature. Since the monsters are disrupting both it's obvious Guthixian followers would interrupt.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

According to the various tomes around Runescape, in addition to quests and KB information, Guthix tends to lean towards Zamorak in the first place do to the huge numbers of Saradomin followers and few amount of Zamoraks.

After all, he is the god of Balance.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

According to the various tomes around Runescape, in addition to quests and KB information, Guthix tends to lean towards Zamorak in the first place do to the huge numbers of Saradomin followers and few amount of Zamoraks.

After all, he is the god of Balance.

Going along with that, aren't most Saradomin followers fanatics? They see everything as Black and White, good and evil. Such as the Temple Knights. They're theoretically followers of Saradomin and yet they go around killing people in hopes of making the world a better place (Yes sometimes they are evil but we still don't know all too much about them).

Saradominist are the mainstream religion and you can see a temple for him in just about every Human run town. Any other god is practically a lesser god in comparison of devotion. Remember Armadyl from the Temple of Ikov? Her followers were highly spiritual and respectful of her whereas certain followers of Saradomin are inept at their job (i.e. Father Lawrence from Romeo and Juliet quest and the priest in Lumbridge from The Restless Ghost quest).

The monks at the Monastary near Falador/Edgeville are about the best you can get for Saradominists, they're the only ones that perform real services in Saradomin's honor. My favorite Clergy-men of any diety is the Nature Spirit from the Nature Spirit Quest. With our help a former druid actually became a part of Nature, that just shows the dedication that the Guthix followers have to none other than Guthix!

Now here's where I finally tie this into the topic. The diety sending in the waves of monsters is obviously Zaros. Only he would have the true powers to open portals to the Abyss/Underworld to summon forth these creatures. Zammorak has Mages who can maintain a portal that is already opened into the Abyss. So it would be in Zammorak's best interest to have several followers go off to this "staging" island and then remove the threat of Zaros' army creation? Why not get these gullible adventurers to join up and off them gold and combat training.

Why would the followers of Guthix offer us training in combat? Why not instead give us advice as Juna does? These minor inconsistencies are leading up to one big conspiracy :shock: .

while your theories are good look at varrocks symbol

zammysymbolvx7.png

so i think varrock would be more followers of zamorak. i mean they have dark wizards and a demon. also their symbol. so does this mean zammy is taking over runescape? :uhh: :ohnoes:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg