Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

so, 99 hunting skill cape emote?

Shooting yourself, then eating your own meat.

what? are you mad?? its obviously gonna be where ur character lays down a bear trap and then whistles for someone to come over then then step in it and lose their leg :roll:

anyhoo, what animals do we reckon will be used? so far the potentials ive seen are;

rabbit

raccoon

squirrel

bear

fox

anything else so far?

supernovasigst7.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this will be a great skill personally. It doesnt exactly sound combat based and it sounds slow and boring. I mean in real life hunters aren't high energy and chasing a moose through the forest. They set a trap, wait for it and then shoot it. This doesn't sound very exciting at all.

a question, have you ever been hunting irl???

at least, in norway, hunting is not at all setting up a trap wait and shoot

some (few) hunters use traps to get animals like foxes, but this is the minority, most people, have a much more fun hunting time than this... taking the gun (spear /bow in rs) and hunt!

Scherzo.png

what? are you mad?? its obviously gonna be where ur character lays down a bear trap and then whistles for someone to come over then then step in it and lose their leg :roll:

anyhoo, what animals do we reckon will be used? so far the potentials ive seen are;

rabbit

raccoon

squirrel

bear

fox

anything else so far?

deer pheasant buffalo? birds

rabbit

raccoon

squirrel

bear

fox

anything else so far?

Reindeer

Moose(sp?)

Duck

Mallard

Wild Turkey

Uula.png

DÃÆÃâÃâé JÃÆÃâÃâá VÃÆÃâÃâú?

Everyone said construction was bad, then they said it was good

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

u guys shouldnt be so sceptic... it could be fun \'

actually i look forward to this, hunting animals hasn't to be so freaking complicated. if there's some new stuff some animals drop, maybe it is a new weapon or armour for higher lvled players?

if its fast and cheap to lvl, ill be trying to get 80 hunting as quick as possible.

I bet the bird eggs can hatch into falcons to assist hunting skill

:shock: Good call! That would make a lot of sense and somewhere in one of the Letters pages they said they were Faladorian Falcons (or something similar). I like that idea! Now I just need to get my hands on an egg :?

Yanillian Falcons, actually. I have a blue one just waiting.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Sounds quite fun compared to some of the existing skills, , and i hope its not a money drainer. i just want it to be a skill that does'nt take tons of money to train. im not sure what the new weapons and armour might be though.

squirrel hide whip? :ohnoes:

Chris_2_8.png

erf - you may be able to trim armour/robes. Hope it isnt tradable or else scammers will abound!

Birds eggs are untradable come in 3 colours (red, green and blue). Obtainable 2 ways

1/ Random event when cutting trees. Nest falls to ground chance of egg - seed or ring inside.

2/ Miscellania mini game - bonus nests earnt when population has been set to chop maples/mahogany/teak.

Always buying;

Seaweed @ 400ea

Green DHides @1500ea

Blue DHides @ 1800ea

*Looks at her bank* 7 blue eggs, 13 red eggs, 9 green eggs..

I think I might make a pretty penny when the skill comes out :D

Edit: after reading previous post... siiiigh, not then. Oh well, a small army of birds then.

A new skill already? Great, now when I get 1600 total it won't exactly be anything special :? . But hopefully I'll get it before then, 6 lvls on the total to go (1594 ttl). Hoping this skill will be useful. Perhaps the hydes and furs we get from the skill can be used in fletching and crafting? Perhaps Jagex will finally make the existing furs (bear and wolf) useful?!

a knock-off skill for slayer because jagex is blue due to zez. :shame: jagex this is whats making rs blow, quick updates without thinking them thru.

is it out yet? no so don't go giving them stick you know nothing about the way Jagex works, most likely they split everyone up for each major update so they could have been planning this for over a year for all you know, so everyone stop complaining and wait for it to come out, if its crap when it comes out, then you can complain.

tifsbti6oi.gif

There is something nobody(almost) gets here.

Hunting is basicly a new way to get food, it will be like fishing but u get meat instead of fish.

Of course the higher the level the more challenging and dangerous the hunts but it still is the art of collecting ressources from animals.

They could even modify some drops :

- U cant get the fur of the bear until level 5 hunting

- U can only get the horn of a unicorn at level 15 hunting

THAT would make sense, anybody agrees?

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

knive, hatchet, rope, trap - will either be sold in shop or craftable.

Food for traps

rats:cheese

bunnies:cabbage

bears:raw meat, eggs, berries

squirrels:acorns, eggs

dogs:cats :P

wolves:live bunnies

birds:food seeds or fish for waterbirds

What do you all think we should be collecting/saving?

I really hope the skill can be worked with items that are already in game.

jfroggy

knive, hatchet, rope, trap - will either be sold in shop or craftable.

I expect traps to be sold in specialty shops for exhorbitantly high prices, and when you fail to catch something, it breaks.

No crafting them.

A way to drain gp, like Construction.

squirrel hide whip? :ohnoes:

seriously, why is it everytime i read something about a new weapon its 50% of the time a new whip, or add this but make it a whip... goto the official runescape forums, type in whip under suggestions and i bet ull see 10 topics about some kind of new whip

give it a rest we already have 1, it comes from a special monster they probably wont add another whip type weapon ever again. dont you think they would have? we have granite maul obsidian maul and a gadderhammer(similar to the gmaul).

Results for "whip":

5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 01-Nov-2006 03:17:09 Steel whips, Rune whips in forum Suggestions

5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 5/5 31-Oct-2006 22:34:39 Hero's whip and legend's whip! in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 14:46:35 TRAIN STRENGTH WITH WHIP!!!!!! in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 13:29:26 make new and batter whips in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 07:30:56 new whip in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 03:18:25 whips in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 01:54:46 the abbysal whip improved in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 01:12:13 Bronze- dragon whips in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 01-Nov-2006 00:10:03 a toy whip! in forum Suggestions

4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 31-Oct-2006 23:59:02 Change to Whip sound-effect in forum Suggestions

There is something nobody(almost) gets here.

Hunting is basicly a new way to get food, it will be like fishing but u get meat instead of fish.

Of course the higher the level the more challenging and dangerous the hunts but it still is the art of collecting ressources from animals.

They could even modify some drops :

- U cant get the fur of the bear until level 5 hunting

- U can only get the horn of a unicorn at level 15 hunting

THAT would make sense, anybody agrees?

i said that

Im not suprised at all to be honest. Remember the customer support glitch when there was hunting on the skill list? Anyway, if theres a few hidden updates for free players and some guides for me to read im happy. Prehaps there will be an insane food market when it comes out? I mgiht get a good offer for my trout and salmon that I have in the bank. And the combat interface will be interesting. Prehaps total level will appear in a similar box to that of a skill, with total xp appearing when you move your mouse over it?

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."