Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I'll be able to level this skill, seeing as I'm a lvl 7 prayer and skill pure. They did say it was a non-combat skill, so I should be fine...

I hope this skill is fun! :lol: :pray:

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

There is something nobody(almost) gets here.

Hunting is basicly a new way to get food, it will be like fishing but u get meat instead of fish.

Of course the higher the level the more challenging and dangerous the hunts but it still is the art of collecting ressources from animals.

They could even modify some drops :

- U cant get the fur of the bear until level 5 hunting

- U can only get the horn of a unicorn at level 15 hunting

THAT would make sense, anybody agrees?

I dont agree with you. I dont think they can (downgrade/upgrade things) so others cant get it. also in your siggy it talks about u y 4 ect. and you used "U" ha

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

There is something nobody(almost) gets here.

Hunting is basicly a new way to get food, it will be like fishing but u get meat instead of fish.

Of course the higher the level the more challenging and dangerous the hunts but it still is the art of collecting ressources from animals.

They could even modify some drops :

- U cant get the fur of the bear until level 5 hunting

- U can only get the horn of a unicorn at level 15 hunting

THAT would make sense, anybody agrees?

I dont agree with you. I dont think they can (downgrade/upgrade things) so others cant get it. also in your siggy it talks about u y 4 ect. and you used "U" ha

well of course they wont make hunting so u cant get horns, its an example... and the rest of your post, ah forget what i was going to say its already off topic enough

I think this is a big mistake, JAGEX! PLEASE GIVES US MORE TIME ON CONSTRUCTION! Delay Hunting by a year, mabye 2! I can wait! I dont want new skills piled on me one after another! I want to aprreicete and train the ones I have already!

:cry:

Bloody hell, i need to get 70 att for my whip fast :)

NON-COMBAT SKILL!

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

Whoever thinks that hunting is stupid because we already have slayer just can't read:

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list is a non-combat skill which gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures!

And guess what? Slayer is a combat skill! So there must be a quite big diffenence in it!

Besides, like somebody already said, the hunting skill is probably not rushed, but construction is simply delayed.

I'm looking forward to it, mainly because I'm really interested in how the skill itself will work, and what the main purpose of it is.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

I can't see how these animals will give out good armor or weapons. You trap (since apparently you don't kill in hunting anymore :-k ) a reindeer, he gives you a sweet legendary weapon? Doesn't add up to me. Yes, it's way too early to tell, but I'm one of the skeptics of this skill and am with the guy who posted a few posts up that would like to enjoy the skills we already have now.

I can't see how these animals will give out good armor or weapons. You trap (since apparently you don't kill in hunting anymore :-k ) a reindeer, he gives you a sweet legendary weapon? Doesn't add up to me. Yes, it's way too early to tell, but I'm one of the skeptics of this skill and am with the guy who posted a few posts up that would like to enjoy the skills we already have now.

Whoa, where did Jagex say that once hunting is out that it would be the only skill you can train? I don't understand where you people are coming from complaining that you haven't had enough time with construction, enough time for what? Are you just looking for something to complain about now? Come on.

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

You trap the penguin...

You give the Cage Of Penguins to the mayor of the Zoo...

You get a shiny white armour with purple dots and green stars as a reward :thumbsup: [80 Defence needed]

Congratulations! You've just advanced a hunting level!

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

I can't see how you cannot enjoy your existing skills when there is a new skill... If you don't want to train it, ignore it. Besides, its pretty early to know that you cannot enjoy your old skill anymore with hunting. Who knows it will help you in some other skill, like maybe agility, to enjoy them more?

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

You trap the penguin...

You get a shiny white armour with purple dots and green stars as a reward :thumbsup: [80 Defence needed]

You need to trap 1337 more penguins to gain 380000 exp for level 81 Hunting. :-k

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

You trap the penguin...

You need to trap 1337 more penguins to gain 380000 exp for level 81 Hunting. :-k

Crazy_Mimic! I'm glad you've brought me 43 penguins as I asked!

Please bring me a yellow bear, purple elephent and a red mouse! my guests would like to see them in the Zoo!

After getting me them I'll give you the key for the dungeon, you enter to the dungeon by going inside the lions' cage when they sleep, open the trapdoor with the key I gave you.

Go downstairs, and find Orange rabits, Try to find their weakness *Whsipreses* I heared they fall very easily.. throwing tomatoes on them would do the work...

Now go do your job!

You're stealing a big-sized key from the Zoo mayor.

Congratulations! You've just advanced a thieving level!

You're stepping slowly forward the lions cage.

You're amazed that Hip-Hop Music do not make the lions fall a sleep...

You're telling your life story to the lions.

The lions fall a sleep.

Congratulations! You've advanced a Hunting level!

I thought hunting was going to be a un-original slayer like skill.But i changed my mind after reading the post a few times:

This new addition to the RuneScape skill list is a non-combat skill which gives the player the opportunity to track, net, trap and generally scare the fur right off a brand new range of creatures! Hundreds of new objects and large areas of the map will now be opened up to you to explore and lay in wait for these pesky varmints. Rewards range from brand new weapons and armour all the way to your own imp in a box.

Read the bold part.This is first MMORPG that i heard of that is going to put this in their game, making it pretty original IMO.

I also think hunting isn't going to be a independent skill.Hunting is going to be a new way of getting materials wich can be refined using other skills (Hides/fur could be made into clothing using the crafting skill).

to make a long story short : Hunting is going to be a nice improvement to various non-combat skills. :D

Atleast thats what i guess :XD: ::'

New map areas eh? West of Tirannwn and south of Feldip Hills ring any bells...?

The desert has plenty room for expanse. West of Barbarian Village and the Rellekkan forests look like hunting grounds.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Hunting is going to be a nice improvement to various non-combat skills. :D

I think you are right on that one. Remember when Jagex updated the interface of stringing so that the window could hold more items? Hunting may also help my cooking skills ::'

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

a knock-off skill for slayer because jagex is blue due to zez. :shame: jagex this is whats making rs blow, quick updates without thinking them thru.

Why do people think this? You have no idea how long the skill has been worked on for. It could have been started over a year ago on a separate team. It's not like there's one specific skill making team and right when they finished construction they moved right onto hunting. You have no idea whether or not jagex "thought this through" or not, so don't act like you do. I'm sure they've spent enough time working on making it a quality skill.