Hunter Skill!

da_guru_123

Has anyone thought about where its going to go in the skill menu?

:|

well it wouldnt be hard just resize the icon things for the skill also look under suggestions for other things people shown to do it..

That was more of a rehtorical question because I'm not a complete idiot. It was more of a "I hope theres a new interface" type of statement.

cyco_1.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this skill will definitely be something for me to look forward to whenever i get back to members. AWESOMESAUCE'UM!

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

you know that when you talk to a slayer master when you have an assignment they say come back later, you are still "hunting" something. Just thought i'd point that out. maybe you guys can make something of it

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

This is probaby how the skill list will be once hunting's released... Note the question mark :)

Now when will jagex leak the image like it happened to construction 'ey? :P

huntingskilllist3.jpg

Nice picture there, i wonder what the skill list will become if summoning skill comes out in the future. The image might be a trap picture. Inititally, i had also thought that slayer is the same hunting, so i am pretty shocked when i saw the news today.

After quitting runescape for a year, i have returned and become a member just last month. Since then i have been mining and runecrafting to save enough gp for me to start training construction and getting a fire cape. Then here comes the hunting skill. It seems like it is going to be a busy holiday for me as i would be one of the many who would like to test out hunting skill once it is released. Also, i think im the only member in runescape now that is without a home :?

How I wished hunting is a combat skill as it might mean able to trap pker in wildy :D

Username: s8912687h

Private message me in game for any trades.

I'm pretty excited about this new skill. It'll give a new challenge to those who've maxed out and sounds like it might be fun. I'm going to hold fire on the analysis of what the skill might be like until it's released. It might be a money drain, it might not, we don't know. Either way, could be an exciting month.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I'm really lazy. Too lazy to read 8 pages. So don't blame me if this has already been brought up. (Blame me...Sure...)

How will the skill menu look? I doubt there's enough space on there to fit both the new skill icon AND the total level. So will we get a scroll bar? Or will total level be moved?

And I'm going to wait for it to come before I judge it. Currently, I'm guessing it's going to be alright. Not that good, but not as bad as farming. Actually...It's probably going to be like farming. It'll take a long time. You'll probably have to set a trap, wait an hour or something like that, come back, capture the animal, and do whatever to it.

Anything relating to combat except for magic isn't my style, so hopefully this won't involve combat. Just traps and stuff like that.

I think instead having a big bar Saying - Total level : ****

We'll have a small bar - tl: ****

and then we'll have space for a new skill to put there

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

I really wouldn't like a very tempting skill to distract me from thieving :( . Anyway.. it'll be interesting to see how long the first person took to get 99 in that skill

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I really wouldn't like a very tempting skill to distract me from thieving :( . Anyway.. it'll be interesting to see how long the first person took to get 99 in that skill

If it's a non-combat skill that you can't buy (hopefully) I would say quite a while, couple weeks at least.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I'm stocking up on food, I want to be prepared :XD: . I hope I'll get lucky and recieve some ÃÆÃâÃâüber rare hunting item wich will get me tons of cash...

When they say non-combat, you won't need food..

Oh! I can't wait to run around with nets and catch some rats..

so you don't use food for thieving then?

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Hrm, i'm sure someone else has noticed this. But i've just been on tutorial and on the smithing interface, there's a huge gap down the side. This could be for smithable hunting items.

Correct me if i'm wrong! I've just noticed this!

:shame: Dont flame if i'm wrong! :shame:

+Firepixel+

hunter = jagex starting more on focusing on group work?

make hunting like a group skill, since it is hard to hunt on your own based on the time rs2 is set in, a team of hunters is better...

ideas?

i like the idea! hunting should give more XP when hunting in groups + it would be easier. ::'

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Hrm, i'm sure someone else has noticed this. But i've just been on tutorial and on the smithing interface, there's a huge gap down the side. This could be for smithable hunting items.

Correct me if i'm wrong! I've just noticed this!

:shame: Dont flame if i'm wrong! :shame:

+Firepixel+

Yeah, most likely. They have also made more room on the spinning interface.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

If people hadnt noticed this, there has been new drops also from bears and other such creatures like ribs and skulls, also it will be better than construction as long as it isnt a money drainer.

ALSO it will give new options for clothes like fur skin items ect.

eerm...i hope i can get to 99 flecting b4 it releas..lol

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will

so, we might be able to hunt reindeer :-k could this have somthing to do with this years christmas update? maybe craft your own slay with your own reindeer/s to pull it :-s

Anyway on topic :-w i hope when jagex say non combat they mean it! i want to be able to get this skill up without it taking forever ( eg slayer with recoil rings :x ) otherwise the skill sounds good, can't wait.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

If people hadnt noticed this, there has been new drops also from bears and other such creatures like ribs and skulls, also it will be better than construction as long as it isnt a money drainer.

ALSO it will give new options for clothes like fur skin items ect.

Haha :roll:

When your doing the Rag and Bone Man quest, you get those drops, after your done you won't get them.. :roll:

I hope this hunter skill doesn't come out this month.. probaly a LOT of glitches..

We're probaly going to see another Durial :wall:

I think we'll get a huge update to pets.

your own imp in a box.

Remember how CS was announced? 'Even chairs where you can sit on'.

No-one expected Construction. Jagex likes tiny references, and suprise you. This really could be a reference to hold more pets.

sigdk2fa4.png

Here's my blog: restoring it soon | Achieved 99 Crafting

Quoting yourself is laaaaame

Don't know if anyone has said this but :

4 Months since construction = rushed hunting skill = Lack of Testing = Fally PKing 6/6/06 reborn.

Just a thought.

I know someone has already said this (me included :P) but :

Jagex always works on more than 2 things at a time = they have been working on hunting for more time = Plenty Testing = Normal number of bugs

Also,

Non combat skill = NO Fally PKin 6/6/06 again ;)

art_crazy.png