~~**Useless Runescape Facts**~~ 75,000+ views! 1k+ Replies!

pansynator

Here's one I spotted at a natural history museum-

Some of you will know the monkfish exists in real life (also known as the headfish) - well, its latin name is Lophius piscatorius - the latter part, piscatorius, being only a few letters different from the word Piscatoris, where the monkfish is caught in runescape.

I have assured myself this fact is useless.

Monkfish is also mostly fished outside the coast of Norway and is in Norwegian "breiflabb", brei means broad and flabb doesn't mean anything.

Also it's ugly like hell.

[hide=]Monkfish.jpg[/hide]

And we eat that crap without skinning, or de-boning it?!?! :shock:

Another useless fact: You eat fish whole...while in real life it's big as hell (shark anyone?)

and you don't even get full!

Not only that but he ejoys eating that monster whole with bones, skin, teeth and organs :shock: , our characters must be pretty messed up. :lol:

Not only that.. but my monkfish have been sitting in my bank for months, and they haven't gone off yet!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you will know the monkfish exists in real life (also known as the headfish) - well, its latin name is Lophius piscatorius - the latter part, piscatorius, being only a few letters different from the word Piscatoris, where the monkfish is caught in runescape.

Monkfish is also mostly fished outside the coast of Norway and is in Norwegian "breiflabb", brei means broad and flabb doesn't mean anything.

[hide=]Monkfish.jpg[/hide]

And we eat that crap without skinning, or de-boning it?!?! :shock:

Another useless fact: You eat fish whole...while in real life it's big as hell (shark anyone?)

and you don't even get full!

Not only that but he ejoys eating that monster whole with bones, skin, teeth and organs :shock: , our characters must be pretty messed up. :lol:

Not only that.. but my monkfish have been sitting in my bank for months, and they haven't gone off yet!

This conversation just gave me major deja vu...

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

i don't know any norwegian but i'd like to assume flabb means fish or maybe a local dialect for fish - broadfish would make sense as it is a broad fish (even though the norwegian for fish is fiske i think)

i don't know any norwegian but i'd like to assume flabb means fish or maybe a local dialect for fish - broadfish would make sense as it is a broad fish (even though the norwegian for fish is fiske i think)

Fish is Fisk, Fishing is Fiske but flabb is nothing though you were close.

-I'm norwegian btw.

Edit: Flabb = kjeft/munn(norwegian) = mouth so breiflabb = breikjeft(norwegian) = broadmouth.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Fish is Fisk, Fishing is Fiske but flabb is nothing though you were close.

-I'm norwegian btw.

Edit: Flabb = kjeft/munn(norwegian) = mouth so breiflabb = breikjeft(norwegian) = broadmouth.

broadmouth! makes perfect sense now.

• 1 year later...

When Runescape was first created, there was a place called the black hole where banned players where sent. You couldnt talk or move when inside the Black Hole :o. Many players wondered what it was like inside the black hole, so were purposely getting themselves temporarily banned to see what it was like, this obviously caused a problem for Jagex. So they released something called the Black Hole experiance, where players could go to a place, i believe it was the dwarven mines, and could go in with a ring of returning, which would get them back out. But people where tricked into dropping there rings of returning, making them stuck inside the black hole :\. Luckily, Jagex had a rare occasion of doing something good for the players and released them all. After this they closed the Black Hole experiance, and shortly after, closed it all together. But back to today, in Runescape 2, (Yes, for those of you who dont know, this IS the 2nd runescape :o ), if you go to the person who sells arrows in the dwarven mines and go right up to the far wall, where on the minimap it's dark, you can see little bumps and hills etc. in the darkness. Also on the minimap is a red dot, which indicates an item on the floor which you can pick up, as you obviously know. Yet when you try and look, you can't actually see what it is. This area is suspected to be where the Black Hole was, and Jagex for some reason added it into Runescape 2, maybe as a momentum? Could that dropped item be a ring of returning, (which is now extremely rare and expensive in, yet you can't do anything with it), or the skull of some noob player who got banned? We shall never know.....

djshay50.png"]My link[/url]

Woah old epic thread is old and epic.

Errrr... *thinks of useless fact to justify post*.

Casting spells without autocast can allow you to use defensive attack style with your weapon, thus boosting your defence level by 3; whereas with autocast you wouldn't have any defence level boost. FML that is useful.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Casting spells without autocast can allow you to use defensive attack style with your weapon, thus boosting your defence level by 3; whereas with autocast you wouldn't have any defence level boost. FML that is useful.

damn that's smart.

also, who just leveled up in necromancy?

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

damn that's smart.

also, who just leveled up in necromancy?

Shay_lfc4_RS just levelled actually.

Useless fact: Runescape is actually correctly spelled as RuneScape.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

if you hold ctrl and click somewhere, you will run even when set to walking.

another thing, its not really a fact but I want to say it and this is a good place as any.

your not allowed to take stuff out of daemonhelm, because of an evil taint or something annoying like that.

yet when you eat food you dont have to, err... get rid of the food.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

if you hold ctrl and click somewhere, you will run even when set to walking.

another thing, its not really a fact but I want to say it and this is a good place as any.

your not allowed to take stuff out of daemonhelm, because of an evil taint or something annoying like that.

yet when you eat food you dont have to, err... get rid of the food.

I lol'ed so bad at that last line..

Kaiya_Tomiko.png Roky_X.png

I'm sure this has been said before, but you used to be able to close the bank doors on RSC. Then one day Jagex did a mass banning of bots and the people who botted retaliated by creating bots which stood outside of bank doors closing them whenever they were opened so people couldn't get in (while spamming "Unban the cheaters!").

On the spell screen, there's a checkbox that allows you to turn on defensive casting.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

On the spell screen, there's a checkbox that allows you to turn on defensive casting.

He's not talking about getting defence XP while casting. He's talking about the invisible +3 bonus to each weapon stance. I.e., +3 str to aggressive, +3 attack to accurate, and +3 defence to defensive.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

in runescape, people hold bows in the wrong hand.

Since all of the RS avatars are right handed, holding the bow with your left hand IS CORRECT. (scource: http://www.wikihow.com/Shoot-an-Arrow)

Anyways, a useless Runescape fact...

Unlike most decorations in the game, the sign at the entrance of Draynor Village can not be examined. If you can, tell me what the description is to prove it.

I'm sure this has been said before, but you used to be able to close the bank doors on RSC. Then one day Jagex did a mass banning of bots and the people who botted retaliated by creating bots which stood outside of bank doors closing them whenever they were opened so people couldn't get in (while spamming "Unban the cheaters!").

You could also close the bank doors early in the RS2

It used to be possible to train attack(maybe strength and defence too, not sure/don't remember) on dummies in Varrock without gaining HP exp after level 8 by using beers/ales/etc to lower your level below 8, so it would allow you to use the dummies. It was used to create low-level pures

tuuskukk.png

in runescape, people hold bows in the wrong hand.
Since all of the RS avatars are right handed, holding the bow with your left hand IS CORRECT

Wrong, sort of.

Bow holding is determined by eye dominance. the sight on the bow needs to be lined up with the dominate eye. in order for that to happen, the bow needs to be held in the opposite hand so that when the string is pulled back to the other side of the face, it provides a backsight to be lined up with the front sight. the majority of the population is right-eyed dominate, therefore making bows held in the left hand more popular.

ASR_logo_white.png

wannarace.jpg

- Demons, imps, etc., are far weaker against magic than against any other type of fighting.

- Combined Ring of Wealth and Amulet of Glory (any charge) will not only increase the likelihood of getting gems while mining to 28%, but also when mining at the Shilo Village gem rocks gives you a higher chance of getting gems like diamond, ruby.

- Wear your best armor (Barrows, dragon, or something impressive-looking), wield an epic weapon (Abyssal whip, granite maul, Verac's flail, etc.), and log in to an F2P world. Do this beforehand, because you cannot put on members armor in a free world. Then parade around the Grand Exchange and watch all the n00bz fall in line behind you, drooling at your awesomeness! :)