Do you get annoyed being ask to do the skill cape emote??

antonwhy

What annoys me more atm is being lvl 126, with *98* pray. I get people following me, telling me to do pray cape emote (which I obviously don't have). They even go so far as to tell me to get it from bank. When i tell them I don't have 99 prayer i get called a liar, since in those peoples minds, one has to have 99 prayer to max out.

DutchDreams.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have one (Noob for life!) but i suppose it would get really annoying after the umpteenth time some1 asks you to do the emote. I personally only ask someone to do the emote if they fit this criteria:

1. They have a skillcape that i have never previously seen the emote of.

2. I haven't seen them refuse someone else to do the emote.

3. They seem friendly enough.

Also, whenever you do it, say it politely, and accept it if they refuse. How would you feel if you had to do it 100 times in a row?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I, myself do not own a cape. But even other people being bugged about it really does annoy me. The fact 10+ people follow people asking is just ridicilious! When i gain my first 99 skill I will most liekely not wear the cape for show like most people. I will only use it in areas it would be helpful

I AM SURELY GOING TO WIN THE AWARD OF THE MOST LOVED TIP.IT'ER EVER, SURELY?

wow, this is kind of...... odd all you skill cape owners discontinue wearing you skill capes, because you're too selfish to wait 10 seconds and do a stupid litle emote for begging noobs? just do the emote, and get on with life.

personally, i dont beg to see emotes, but i cant stand level 126's wearing capes refusing to do the emote, because they cant waste 10 seconds of their life.

zezima.png

thanks for the cropping Mr Joob =]

i stoped wearing mine kuz it just got way to annonying, besides ava's accumlator is alot better, gotten 2094 steel arrows so far

wow, this is kind of...... odd all you skill cape owners discontinue wearing you skill capes, because you're too selfish to wait 10 seconds and do a stupid litle emote for begging noobs? just do the emote, and get on with life.

personally, i dont beg to see emotes, but i cant stand level 126's wearing capes refusing to do the emote, because they cant waste 10 seconds of their life.

no, its not that simple, if you are wearing the cape you get asked to do the cape if your coping willows, running nats, going to the bank, or just standing there, and when you get asked to do the emote like once an hour

+ people dont understand "no!" for some reason and just keep following you, it gets really annonying

legends2.jpg

You don't have a cape, so you haven't experienced what we have.

Having tons of noobs following you around gets annoying after a while

fkshfjknsjg9.png

I hardly get any people asking me to do my quest cape emote. I guess once I get my thieving cape, I'll get more people asking/begging. If it does come to that I'll just ignore them, not take off my cape.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Wow, this is kind of........odd: I felt my IQ dropping by about 100 after reading this.

DutchDreams.png

Wow, this is kind of........odd: I felt my IQ dropping by about 100 after reading this.

nothing personal

zezima.png

thanks for the cropping Mr Joob =]

I personally agree with him (leinfo). If it's annoying that you have to impress people with the capes, then don't try and impress them by wearing the capes. Fairly simple logic if you ask me. If making someone happy means spending 5 seconds of your life after only clicking a button a problem, then don't wear the cape. Basically, if "emote beggars" are just too much for you, then just don't wear it. Again, simple logic.

I also love how people are so bad at comebacks and counterarguments that the only thing they can say in response to an intelligent post is "uh, well, you're dumb! "sticking out tongue*".

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I've never gotten one, but I could be annoyed.

I personally don't ask for the emote unless I see something rare like mining. I don't ask if it's something common like fletching, that's not what the topic is about though.

But yeah, if you don't like it just bank your cape. I'll get a thieving cape soon, but even after that I'll still be wearing my legends, I'll only be wearing my thieving cape while actually thieving.

It's just something that should be expected by wearing it.. You're showing it off by wearing it, so you should just expect that people are going to ask you about it, and as others have said, it only takes a few seconds.. If you can't stop playing a game for 10 seconds to show another player something, you should probably rethink the reasons you're playing in the first place :?

The only do that annoys me is when they give demands, rather than ask for it to be shown. I'm much more willing to show the emote to somethng who asks if they can "see the cape emote please?", than someone demanding me to "do emote".

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

you don't have 1, so you can't say what it's like :-w

also, when i get pestered too much about doing emote i just put it away and wear legends or lunar cape, it's stupid though when people say "why don't you wear a skill cape" when it's obvious i'm 124 (bound to have str def hp and atk capes) yet they just want me to bring them out to see the emotes :roll:

it's also annoying when they can't type it properly, or say it in a stupid way such as:

"do emotion" or "do emoticon"

also, for all the people that say we're ignorant for showing an emote to 1 person, yea it's not just 1 person, times it by about 50 a day, and there's why we get annoyed.

2vuhgcn.png

I personally agree with him (leinfo). If it's annoying that you have to impress people with the capes, then don't try and impress them by wearing the capes. Fairly simple logic if you ask me. If making someone happy means spending 5 seconds of your life after only clicking a button a problem, then don't wear the cape. Basically, if "emote beggars" are just too much for you, then just don't wear it. Again, simple logic.

I also love how people are so bad at comebacks and counterarguments that the only thing they can say in response to an intelligent post is "uh, well, you're dumb! "sticking out tongue*".

I also love how people mistake that capes are only worn to show off to others or impress others, then tell the cape wearers to just suck up the abuse that goes along with it, or leave the cape in bank.

Does it take 10 seconds for A SINGLE emote ? yes. Does it take 20 seconds for two emotes ? Yes. Does it get annoying if asked 20 times an hour ? Yes. Does it get annoying to be asked to do it again, just after you did the emote and the one asking wasn't paying attention anymore ? Yes. Does it interrupt whatever you're doing ? Heck yes.

There, I spent more than 10 seconds of my life on this post........happy ?

DutchDreams.png

I get asked to show my Construction emote all the time :P But I don't mind as long as people ask politely. If people just follow me around saying, "Emote. Emote. Emote" Then I probably won't show it to them.

But as Dork posted earlier, by wearing the cape you really are just showing it off. I really don't see why you'd refuse to show the emote if someone asks politely. You're really just asking for attention :-w

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog