if the certain word got bleeped?

gizmo2k3

little storie to begin with:

i was mining iron on my skiller in rimmington pit and i was doing so quite happily, when all of a sudden a level 34 i think walks up to me and goes speak, so i say how can i help you, and he goes AHHH noob, and continuously calls me it till i get bored and world hope.

now as i done this a question popped into my head what if the word noob was stared, as in ****, i mean what effect would it have in the game, i mean in the most cases most people just say that 1 word in a setance and if it was blocked it could of been mistaken for another foul word that people can think of, therefor coming up on screen as a star, ***, therefor people would then, by jagex law, to report that offender because you don't know if they where saying noob or another word, therefor action being taken, I.E black marks or in extreme cases, banned,

what do you think, would it be BETTER for jagex to block that word and other types of it, I.E no0b, n00b etc. , or do you think it wouldn't make a diffence?

ty for you time,

gizmo2k5

gizmo2k5.png

umm you can't report someone if the word is blocked. I woulden't care if noob got blocked they would just replace the word with something else like the guy above me saID.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

JaGEx did censor the word noob at one time and most variations of it. Let's just say it was more chaotic than before IMO...

They filtered that, but they did not filter n0ob, which i saw people using all over.

Oh, never saw that variation used before.

Well it's pretty hard to censor all variations of the word.

icecube7.jpeg

There are so many different ways that people say it, they never star all the abbreviations, in the end it would probably be worse, there are alot worse 4 letter words than noob, and if it was starred, the game would seem to have alot more profanity.

untitledaa5.jpg

:wall:

I was browsing the RS forums and it is addressed in the FAQ's. Jaggex's stance is it is not an offensive term. They view it as everyone was once one and so its just a common term... I guess it would be like going around callin people a baby. They say if it bothers you then slap an ignore sticker on their forhead and go about your business.

I get called a noob once in awhile and it's not too offensive. Chances are the person callin me a noob is some pre-teen on a power trip because they got an avatar with a higher level. I write it off since I have been gaming for many years now and probably have had the joyous pleasure of spanking their parents in a different game.

Ok back to the subject... Jaggex won't censor Noob, Newbie, Noobster, etc. #-o

I think it would cause a lot of flaming of jagex, and i don't disagree or agree with this thread for that reason.

I HATE the word, but i have learned to ignore it.

But i know about 60% of users probably use it atleast once in a while, and some people use it very often, and they would get mad and Jagex and flame, and make up other words etc.

IMO, that is

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

if they did, my day would be amazing, especially if that constantly monitored people nad what they said so that any variation would be constantly censored... i would die a happy man if i died the next day.

because everytime you see any1 do anything, they go noob... especially when u kill them. they will be like fall over and say noob. all because they are angry you beat them.

or if you trade with some1 and you dont give what they want, you get called a noob. seriously shut the hell up

NO, this can't happen!! if the word noob becomes censored, those idiots who use the word will be forced to use "noob"'s more reviling, idiotic cousin, "nub."

IT WILL BE ANARCHY.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

Its better to call someone a "noob" than to swear. But to jessy87 said you shouldn't get called a noob for trading not what the person asked, you damnwell should, and you should learn to use trading properly.

The Steps Of Trading

1. Some says they are either buying or selling something - e.g. "Buying/Selling Full Guthans 9.4m Cash -=Skully_Sc=-"

2. The person who wants to complete this transaction with that player sends a trade offer.

3. Both participants in the trade put up their respectable items, the deal is made and accepted. If the wrong items are put up the people are complete idiots who don't know how to read and therefore unable to play the game.

Simple really. -.-

SkullyTIF.jpeg

Thanks To: Everyone for the siggies, especially Kal for the Pixel.

Currently Playing: FIFA 07, NFS: Carbon, Morrowind and Dungeon Siege II.