How To Get Rid Of Hiccups.

Joordaan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been that by holding your breath for however long you can works, I tried it, doesn't work.

Also, I've heard if someone scares you, it will get rid of them, doesn't work either.

I never really found a way that always cures them. I hate when I get them in school, really annoying.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

I was at church and I hiccuped really loudly during silent prayer. -.-

The worst thing about it is that it echoed throughout the building, and everyone saw me hiccup. :oops:

Anyway, back to the topic, I also heard that if you hold your breath for as long as possible it stops. In fact, I think it just makes them not happen as often but makes them really loud for some reason. Although I was also told the scaring one, but the problem is that you can't scare yourself, and once you get told it, you expect someone to jump out from somewhere unexpected, and so you don't get scared. If in the rare occasion that you haven't been told, and there is someone who can scare the hell out of you, i think it works...

...sometimes.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Sit on a comfy chair, while drinking a glass of ice cold salt water, while saying the alphabet backwards, while blinking very rapidly, while.... nah just kiddind, i really havnt found an effective way to get rid of the hiccups. Lately I've been getting them a lot though, a few weeks ago I had them about 5 times in one day, its really annoying :x

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

In my Biology class 3 or 4 years ago this girl had hiccups so my teacher called her to the front of the classroom and asked for a guy volunteer. Basically the guy didn't do anything, but she told the girl to hiccup in front of the class and she couldn't do it. She didn't hiccup anymore after that.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

The thing is, these things probably seem to work, but its just you do them, and the hiccups finish doing what they are meant to do. Its spoused to correct the rythem that the Diaphragm muscle contracts and relaxes. If this didn't happen, you would have a helluva time breathing.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

This is crazy and it works...some wierd way!

One time i had hiccups for about 3 hours...my friend told me to try..Get a glass of waterand and a wash cloth...put the wash cloth over the glass of water and drink though the wash cloth

IT WORKS

Its crazy i know

I never really get them, just at odd random times. I just hold my breath though whenever i do get them, most of the time it works right away but sometimes it doesn't work then they just go away after awhile. They annoy me a lot though cause I can't help it.

lookrt2.jpg

i hate hiccups #-o one time i was talking to this girl i liked in 6th grade, and i hiccuped REALLY loud... she just stared at my awkwardly and said she had to go somewhere :cry: i guess it was sorta disturbing, talking to someone then having them hiccup extremely loud in your face :-w

i have no idea how to get rid of hiccups :lol:

Someone hitting me really hard on my eye.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

me and my friend once convinced my friends brother to:

stand on one leg, hold his ear, pat his head, hop up and down, turn round clockwise, and yodel.

im not kidding...

babelfish - level 180 60th place

strongguy - level 173 69th place

I was at church and I hiccuped really loudly during silent prayer. -.-

The worst thing about it is that it echoed throughout the building, and everyone saw me hiccup. :oops:

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh out loud in real life. :oops: :lol:

I've been told to hold my breath (seems to work most of the time) and drinking something as fast as you can helps... :-k

Exhale as much air from your lungs as possible. Hold your breath and count to ten. Then inhale.

It works for me, but is painful as hell. It puts a lot of pressure on your ribs.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Being scared does work...

In sixth grade science class I had the hiccups during a test, the teacher was walking around and came behind me, grabbed a two by four from the counter and smacked it on the desk I was working at right next to my test.

Scared the cabbage out of me, but it worked!

1z2zrwo.jpg