Do you report your friends?

Perakp

It's a simple question, but are you able to give a simple answer to it?

Do you report your friend when he scams your whip?

Ofcourse you do, he scammed you and deserves to be banned! He ain't your friend anymore!

What about when your friend has found a cool bug and abuses it? Or has just sold his santa for irl cash and now brags about it to you? Do you dare to end your long friendship and report him, even when he hasn't done anything against you? And when you do, do you tell him "Reported!" or just keep it quiet?

Recently my good old friend bought himself a new account with irl cash. He didn't tell me that it was bought, but I found it out easily. And yes, I'm 100% sure that it's bought :( He told that it was his old account from 3 years back and now started to play with it. Pretty weird though, that account had 85 slayer when slayer didn't even exist 3 years ago!

Is it 'allowed' to report friends? And if your friend reported you and you got ~3 day ban, how would you react?

Thx for your answers :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on the seriousness of the offense. When they use offensive language, no. If they try to hack, or something more serious, such as IRL item trades. Yes, I'll report them.

My reason for not usually reporting them:

I don't want to crush a friendship over a bad word.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

If you'd choose Jagex before your friends, then you have a problem. What good would it do for your friendship by reporting them? How would it negatively affect it?

No point unless you would like seeing them banned.

You wouldn't be putting jagex before you're friends but Runescape.

Anyway, I dont think I would report my friends. Unless offcourse they did something to hurt me or my other friends.

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?

my friend got scamed of his whip after his "freind" that helped him get it took it from him(i can't do that because one if his and my friends would kill me :lol: ) but i wouldn't do it any way

ONTOPIC: yes i would report em if thay did some thang to my account but thats about it but for swearing nah

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

Of course not, how could you be such an [wagon] as to report you friends? But if they scammed you, of course you report them, they are no longer you friends, but pixel hugging nooblets who deserve to burn in the depths of deep dark hell chained up with a portal to get out inches away from them teasing them for all eternity. O:)

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Gaia, you may or may not know about the whole infamous Spud and Buddybear santa incident. I'll let spud let out whatever he wants about it, but suffice it to say, he's already had a chance to excersise judgement about this sort of thing. And may I also add that his decision caused him to gain respect in my eyes, not lose it.

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif

I would report my friend if He scammed me or was asking for my password. I would also report them if they macroed or bought item with real money. However I would not report them if they just swore or something.

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Old Runescape Character: Izup69 combat level 98 hacked by some idiot.

:shock:

What about irl law breaking? If your mate stole a computer from your school, would you report that?

"NO, he's my friend"

How can you draw the line between two rules and decide that irl trading is good to me, but scamming is bad? Irl scamming (stealing) is bad, but online game pixel selling (stealing) is good to you.

And that you can report someone you don't know for irl trading, but not your friend?

You value your personal 'gain' (+1 friend for me) over the laws and the system you are living in.

Don't know, it sounds weird to me.

And yes, I made this post to keep up the discussion. This is one of the most important questions I have thought of today :|

I wont report people for swearing - because that is lame imo. Most people swear :P

But know you made me realise, I better report my earlier friend who scammed me (she is a total loser).

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

:shock:

What about irl law breaking? If your mate stole a computer from your school, would you report that?

"NO, he's my friend"

How can you draw the line between two rules and decide that irl trading is good to me, but scamming is bad? Irl scamming (stealing) is bad, but online game pixel selling (stealing) is good to you.

And that you can report someone you don't know for irl trading, but not your friend?

You value your personal 'gain' (+1 friend for me) over the laws and the system you are living in.

Don't know, it sounds weird to me.

And yes, I made this post to keep up the discussion. This is one of the most important questions I have thought of today :|

If my friend stole a computer i wouldn't report him. I would say:

"Omg you [freaking] [wagon]! What the [heck] were you thinking??