The Power of -~Going With The Flow~-

SirHartlar

Goals.

We all have them, whether it be a 99 skill or defeating Jad for the fabled firecape. Everyone needs goals to keep them driven. Sometimes we work hard for our goals, other times we slack off. Sometimes we stay up late at night to reach our daily expectations. When we reach our goals, there isn't much that can take away the feeling of immense happiness.

Sometimes goals take a while to complete, sometimes short term goals help us to break into that big 99 magic goal. I recently completed a long term goal of mine, my goal to get a quest cape...

I remember the day well, Lunar Diplomacy was my final quest. My inventory was filled with my newly aquired quest cape and the matching clothes I had chosen as my skilling outfit. I digress, this thread isn't about my achievements, this would be the wrong forum for a topic on that subject.

After wandering around like a newb fresh from Tutorial Island for about half an hour, I realised I needed new goals.

I tried my hand at fishing monkfish, even runecrafting a few natures. I found that doing this over a long period of time would bore me. So I went to barrows, I am still there. I have accumulated over 1.5m in cash, without a single item. I will run out of prayer pots soon and I don't intend to buy anymore.

Next on the agenda? Who knows. I have found the one thing in RuneScape that has made me happy, going with the flow. I haven't been under any pressure to meet any deadlines, I can come and go as I please. I feel great.

I made this thread to share with you my experience and how completing a long term goal has opened up so many more doors for me than I could ever have imagined. I have found new opportunities to do things at my own pace, in my own time.

This pleasure can be found in each and every one of your accounts. Next time you groan as you see how many high alchs you are from 99 magic, or how much cash you are away from a Santa, stop for a second. Go do that game of Castle Wars you have wanted to do, have some fun. This is a game after all, and however fun it is to complete a long term goal, we need to enjoy the trip there. Not just the destination.

castle wars is one of the most boring things in rs personly i feel... nothing more exiting than pking or stking with the posibilitys of striking gold to add to the enjoyment.. well my felling over hating castle wars is that the exp totally flops, and i dont play much a day so i fell like im wasting time... yes its only a game but i like to fell like ive done someting atleast. :ohnoes:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The message at the and was good (even though a bit standard).

But I didn't understand the meaning of the other paragraphs, what was the meaning of them? (Maybe it's just me, that I don't understand it.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

But I didn't understand the meaning of the other paragraphs, what was the meaning of them? (Maybe it's just me, that I don't understand it.)

Paragraphsare better than me writing everything in one sentence without pausing to consider the readers mental state or how it could be affected with a huge paragraph that might cause his/her brain to implode because of an increased amount of stress caused by the lack of grammar and general untidyness of the writing. :wink:

I've discovered this already and thats why i pking =) 6 good kills and counting.

You did make some very good points, i think this is why rs is a very unique game as stated many times before, but it doesn't get to old to say, the freedom and diversity amongst skills, and the other aspects such as mini-games, quests especially(what other game has so many skills, along with over 100+quests? and you can do these whenever you want?).

The only time in runescape is the time you make.

In other words~Runescape P00NS all.

The first paragraphs were there for him to show his own experience in this matter and to give an example for others. It would be a weak point if he didn't have any examples.

-----------------

I really agree with you, I never end up finishing my goals but when I do it's amazing and a really good feeling.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Goals.

We all have them, whether it be a 99 skill or defeating Jad for the fabled firecape. Everyone needs goals to keep them driven. Sometimes we work hard for our goals, other times we slack off. Sometimes we stay up late at night to reach our daily expectations. When we reach our goals, there isn't much that can take away the feeling of immense happiness.

Sometimes goals take a while to complete, sometimes short term goals help us to break into that big 99 magic goal. I recently completed a long term goal of mine, my goal to get a quest cape...

I remember the day well, Lunar Diplomacy was my final quest. My inventory was filled with my newly aquired quest cape and the matching clothes I had chosen as my skilling outfit. I digress, this thread isn't about my achievements, this would be the wrong forum for a topic on that subject.

After wandering around like a newb fresh from Tutorial Island for about half an hour, I realised I needed new goals.

I tried my hand at fishing monkfish, even runecrafting a few natures. I found that doing this over a long period of time would bore me. So I went to barrows, I am still there. I have accumulated over 1.5m in cash, without a single item. I will run out of prayer pots soon and I don't intend to buy anymore.

Next on the agenda? Who knows. I have found the one thing in RuneScape that has made me happy, going with the flow. I haven't been under any pressure to meet any deadlines, I can come and go as I please. I feel great.

I made this thread to share with you my experience and how completing a long term goal has opened up so many more doors for me than I could ever have imagined. I have found new opportunities to do things at my own pace, in my own time.

This pleasure can be found in each and every one of your accounts. Next time you groan as you see how many high alchs you are from 99 magic, or how much cash you are away from a Santa, stop for a second. Go do that game of Castle Wars you have wanted to do, have some fun. This is a game after all, and however fun it is to complete a long term goal, we need to enjoy the trip there. Not just the destination.

:shock: are you my clone? :shock:

Drizzy_Jade.png

I try to finish my goals as soon as possible after i created them. I turn my private off and let my friends enjoy the fun and when I'm done I don't want nor need people to say gratz. I might go do a quest or 3 then create another goal for me to finish! I'm a runescape machine 8-)

Thats why there is an OoC, thats the whole point of it actually.

To relax, pick some cabbage, chat with friends, advertise cults *cough*

Ive always gone with the flow. My only reall goals Ive had were getting a fire cape, wich I got on my 14th try -.- . And my recently acquired 70 slayer.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Good advice for those that get bored easily. I'm not one of them though :wink:

neither... i always look at what ill acheive at the end of the goal and it keeps me going... like as i state in my blog... im going for 99 fishing... at the end ill have 99 and a cape and reconition... lovely...

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

i've gone quite a bit without taking a break from pyramid plunder, and i took one to try out barb assault...but then i found it hard to get into gear again. I find breaks nice every once and a while, but i tend to try to focus on my goal. But this is great advice that all should follow. Don't burn out!

I've stuck at my goal for the past couple of months, occasionally taking time out to do a few quests and have a bit of fun, but as you can see from my signature, I'm nearly there :)

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

I always set myself small goals, I don't really have that problem. But as soon as i get that final 12k xp for 72 slayer I'm doing BArbarian assault again :twisted: !

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Good advice for those that get bored easily. I'm not one of them though :wink:

me too... I usually take time out to help a friend with treasure trails and other things... once i took time off training and hosted extreme makeover n00b edition (I took a n00b and trained him into an excellent player! he is an example to us all!)

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

That single philosophy is what got me through me long grind to 85 slayer. If I didn't stop to take a break every level or two I would have burnt out for sure and never reached my goal. Definitly words to remember there.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

get bored easiliy... for shure, that is probably why i just (two days ago) finished my goal, of getting quest point cape... as quests are challenging and not repetite.

when i think about it, the most repetite i've done was mining 4k iron without doing anything, or getting 5k natures, but not anything more (hey, i acctually liked nature crafting, but thats just pga the people i meet...)

well... it's good to hear such posts sometimes, and it reminds me about taking a break, do some fun sometimes.. . =)

Scherzo.png