Jagex' new rares? - 3A vs discontinued - PRICE UPDATE 7/2

Ts_Stormrage

... (can anyone pass me their average Abyssal kills / hour)....

When I am there I norm get anywhere from 36k to 42k XP per hour.

That's 60 to 66 Abby's per hour.

Also Average 1 Whip per 4 hours = Sometimes takes a lot longer sometimes less.. ((Can go 10 hours - 1week no whip))

Hope that helps

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of discontinued items in the game will continue to fall. As people quit, or get banned etc... the price will go up.

The numbers of 'rare' items such as the 3rd age items will increase in numbers, and so the price will go down. More people will come into the game, yes, but then more peopel will be doing level 3 clues.

The number of discontinued items in the game will continue to fall. As people quit, or get banned etc... the price will go up.

The numbers of 'rare' items such as the 3rd age items will increase in numbers, and so the price will go down. More people will come into the game, yes, but then more peopel will be doing level 3 clues.

The question really is:

Even with more people doing level 3 clues, the "droprate" is still amazingly low.

Is it low enough that it cannot "outrun" runescapes ever increasing populace? If this is the case, it will be a chance for everyone to get something LIKE the rares that we currently know, and hence I asked: Has Jagex released more "rares" into the game...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

... (can anyone pass me their average Abyssal kills / hour)....

When I am there I norm get anywhere from 36k to 42k XP per hour.

That's 60 to 66 Abby's per hour.

Also Average 1 Whip per 4 hours = Sometimes takes a lot longer sometimes less.. ((Can go 10 hours - 1week no whip))

Hope that helps

MM your killing them extremely slowly then (or with guthans alot) 2 a minute is easily possible, more with dharoks; however whats even worse is your attempt at a drop rate, having been speculated at 10XX for a long time now I'd actually say it was somewhat less - around 750 area observing mine and other peoples whips/kills however it seems that even thousands of kills can't get some sort of definitive drop rate ;p as my 1/870 (ish) compares to many others who are verging on 1/500 after both having killed above 70k demons (not sure how much higher I am now, last time I checked I was at about 67K). However regardless your numbers are very very dodgy ;|.

Btw for the record, 85 slayer is far from hard, it requires time and some common sense that is all, knowing how to be effective is what it's about and having some spare time ;\.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

it will go down eventually slowly but it will go down when whips came out they were 30m
3rd age is a LOT harder to get then a whip.

like 250 times harder to get.

Liiike..No it isn't?

Getting 85 slayer is *MUCH* harder than getting lvl 3 clues.

When Whips we're released, slayer were. Now, which is harder? Months of slayering or max 1 week of doing clues? Sorry pal. Slayer wins.

^^Bah, Fresh took my words.:(

Rofl.. First of all it took 0ddball like 2-3 weeks to get 85 slayer not months.

I have done about 65 clues since the update i have not recieved ONE third age item, these clues averaged 1 1/2 to 2 hours of my time each.

Whips once you have the level for them are easier to get then a left half off a skeleton believe me, And i think the odds of that are so small you cant calculate them but i know its something like 1 in 16,000 off a fire giant whichis 4 times the lvl of a skeleton.

As a matter of fact i have never had a left half drop in the 5 years i have played, and a lot of other people i know havnt either.

Lol just noticed the last part HOW STUPID ARE YOU? 1 week max of doing clues?? LOL.

Im sure the countless people who have been doing every clue they got since the update wish you were right but fact is you could probably do clues for 2 years and not get a 3rd age item.

it will go down eventually slowly but it will go down when whips came out they were 30m
3rd age is a LOT harder to get then a whip.

like 250 times harder to get.

Liiike..No it isn't?

Getting 85 slayer is *MUCH* harder than getting lvl 3 clues.

When Whips we're released, slayer were. Now, which is harder? Months of slayering or max 1 week of doing clues? Sorry pal. Slayer wins.

^^Bah, Fresh took my words.:(

In the time it's taken me to get 82 whip drops I've done every clue drop I got, I've NEVER had a robin hood hat from a clue and third age armour is considerably rarer? Nice calculation there.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

Yeah, from what i have heard 3rd age is much much rarer then robin.

Btw for all the people commenting on how a fair few people got it on the first day:

Every item added to rs has a good drop rate the first day then is considerably lowered, like dragon plate legs and d chains both started out as like a 1 in 50 drop, then it became substantially higher, one of my friends got 4 pairs of platelegs the first day and hasnt got one since.

The question really is:

Even with more people doing level 3 clues, the "droprate" is still amazingly low.

Is it low enough that it cannot "outrun" runescapes ever increasing populace? If this is the case, it will be a chance for everyone to get something LIKE the rares that we currently know, and hence I asked: Has Jagex released more "rares" into the game...

Yes I understnad where your coming from. But the thing is, its the peopel who can afford a product that determine the price. All of these new players will not be able to afford these items when they first start playing, and will have little effect on the price of the item.

You say that one in a thousand odds. I'd say about 3k clues are done a day(probably more, just a guess)

3 new 3rd age a day, 0 new partyhats

3rd age will catch up.

3 new 3rd age items a day, and how many new members a day? its the relative ratio of 3rd age items vs total active members that may cause these items to stay up there rising in price for a looong time...

There's a topic on the official runescape about this:

Quick find code: 15-16-992-37069354

And here's one of the quotes:

"Paul Gower said that:

The chance of getting a piece of 3rd age armour is precisely the same as getting a left half shield from a skeleton!

Okay... And the drop rate for getting a shield left half is about 1 out of 10,000.

That means you have a 0.0001% chance of getting a piece of 3rd age armour every time you do a clue. "

1/10000 is way greater than 1/1000. Also, I don't think that 3000 clues will be done in a day now. The holidays are over.

If 3rd age is the same as getting a left half from a skeleton, well... holy crap.... I'm maxed out in combat skills and im lvl 90 slayer and I've only ever gotten 1 half shield from a bloodveld and never once had one from any other slayer monster, this makes me think the chances of getting one from a skeleton must be close to 1 in 100,000 and quite probably higher than that. Think of how many creatures one must kill to become 99 in every combat stat. Only 1 left half in all that time? Those chances are really really low.

I think that prices will probably lower, but not drastically, and definately not for a looooong time. :-w

I think that 3rd age armour is on the borderline edge between discontinued and continued. I call it 'Barely continued'.

Congratz to Jagex for making 3rd age armour though! It is a great idea!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Btw for all the people commenting on how a fair few people got it on the first day:

Every item added to rs has a good drop rate the first day then is considerably lowered, like dragon plate legs and d chains both started out as like a 1 in 50 drop, then it became substantially higher, one of my friends got 4 pairs of platelegs the first day and hasnt got one since.

Jagex does not alter drop rates "on the first day" for any new items in the game. This is a completely made up statement, and Jagex has never even hinted that this is the case. Players often do not understand that just because they have very good luck does not mean Jagex has completely changed the game. It's all probability; your 16,000th kill is not going to drop a Dragon Left Half.

sig7uu.png

Jagex does not alter drop rates "on the first day" for any new items in the game. This is a completely made up statement, and Jagex has never even hinted that this is the case. Players often do not understand that just because they have very good luck does not mean Jagex has completely changed the game. It's all probability; your 16,000th kill is not going to drop a Dragon Left Half.

Get a clue then post.

Jagex ALWAYS has an increased drop rate on the first day, this is why loads of people got dragon legs, dragon chains, ect on the first day.

Every person i know who went to metal dragons in the first few hours got a set of d legs, some people got up to 5.

Now you can sit there for 8 hours and get nothing.

I dont know if Jagex sets different drop rates "at first"

But it is coincidental that someone can have such rare items by the masses just after it got released, and few to none thereafter...

Especially if as you say, the chance of you getting one at your 16.000th kill is the same as the first kill

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

3rd age melle is just new and expensive, they will soon drop to the price of full drag, the first whip went for around 150m now look at the prices... rares will always be rare as they will never come into the game again! ever!

Rofl... And full dragon will do what?.

3rd age is better then full dragon remember, and 3rd age is about 1000 times harder to get then full dragon.

a 1 in 90,000 chance or so of getting a 3rd age piece.. 4 pieces per set..

2 hours per clue..

3rd age melle is just new and expensive, they will soon drop to the price of full drag, the first whip went for around 150m now look at the prices... rares will always be rare as they will never come into the game again! ever!

No the first whip went for around 53M.

There is also no way that Jagex would change drop rates, it just seems like there so many drops because there so many people.

tipitsigkk0.jpg

No the first whip went for around 53M.

There is also no way that Jagex would change drop rates, it just seems like there so many drops because there so many people.

I was in trwf when dragon platelegs were added, i was late for the update but 4 of my friends were there within 10 minutes, all of them got a plateleg drop within the hour, chris got 5 arch got 3, cant remember the others.

Its always been the same, queen had a much higher drop rate on release for chains, price started at 12m, within a week people realised drop rate was much lower and price rose to 34m.

Rofl... And full dragon will do what?.

3rd age is better then full dragon remember, and 3rd age is about 1000 times harder to get then full dragon.

a 1 in 90,000 chance or so of getting a 3rd age piece.. 4 pieces per set..

2 hours per clue..

Indeed...

Funny now with the release of Granite Plate and 3rd age (both indestructable);

Granite will slowly replace Rune Plates, making Rune Plates even cheaper.

Same thing will however not in the near future happen with 3rd age and Dragon.

Dragon will get slightly cheaper yes, but 3rd age will not replace it.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

It's a month old and still readily available as hundreds or thousands of clues are done every day.

The prices are due to the newness, and once it becomes more and more common, the prices will fall to something more reasonable.

Just look at whips, gilded armour, trimmed skirts, and barrows sets.

All in due time... all in due time

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

It's a month old and still readily available as hundreds or thousands of clues are done every day.

The prices are due to the newness, and once it becomes more and more common, the prices will fall to something more reasonable.

Just look at whips, gilded armour, trimmed skirts, and barrows sets.

All in due time... all in due time

Your looking at the wrong items, they are all pretty common, try look at robin hood hat and ranger boots, they have been rising for over a year, 3rd age is a LOT rarer then they are.

Jagex ALWAYS has an increased drop rate on the first day, this is why loads of people got dragon legs, dragon chains, ect on the first day.

Don't post things as "it's a fact" when there's no REAL evidence for it. Loads of people got those items on the first day because loads of people are training against such new monsters when they are just added to the game.

Having said that, I want to add that I wouldn't be surprised if they actually did have higher drop rates for those items the first few days / weeks and then lowered it later on. I've seen too many people - who don't say such things quickly because they know it could just be bad luck - say to me that they suspect that drop rates were changed for various items at certain points in history and I've observed price changes in those items sometimes too.