Desert Treasure Overrated?

mini193

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard when you do it without a guide :roll: (not saying that everyone here used one, but I'm sure most people waited for a guide before they did this quest). I did it within a day of its release, no help from anybody. Back when there were safespots for Damis :thumbsup:

You can still safe spot him :)

Thats what i did.

I blocked damis and faerred.

Maged behind the fence for dessourus.

Had friend help meh with kamil. Carrying a load of sharks+some super restores. Made 2 trips.

Brought 4-5 super energies for pyrimid, rest sharks. Didn't fall out. Was easy...

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I'm guessing the quest doesn't reach the Master rating in the Knowledge base?

Everyone said it was THE toughest quest, by reading what you said, it probably is easy only with the proper materials. Probably, theres a way to do it easier than it actually should be :-k Sucks how you can only do the quests once. I would try to find the easiest method of completing the quest.....Again, I haven't done the quest yet, so I'm basing my thoughts with what everyone has been saying.....

Chat%20set%20to:%20Friends.png

D%20Night2.gif

fletchcape,D%20Night2.gif

It's hard when you do it without a guide :roll: (not saying that everyone here used one, but I'm sure most people waited for a guide before they did this quest). I did it within a day of its release, no help from anybody. Back when there were safespots for Damis :thumbsup:

Guides ftw. I always finish quests as quickly as possible and with maximum efficiency. I hate quests :P

I had trouble with Damis cause I couldn't manage the spells / prayer cause of all those stupid skellies gettin in the way. But once my friends helped me out it was easy. I just went to that lil room in the nw corner and had him all to myself (turned autoretaliate on and just let the magic do all the work).

The first time I fought Dessous I had too much p pots and not enough food. I just used whip and full rune armour with prot from range.

I got the chest opened on the first try with the min. thieving lvl 53. I used a bandit brew before I tried so maybe that did the trick?

With all the villians, your friends can come along and bring food for you and super sets also.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

Lol @ everybody that used sharks for dt. Beat that quest with 45 def 80 something combat with no better food than salmon (left over from f2p fishing) and 10 pray pots. :thumbsup: Owned.
Please, 10 pray pots is ridiculous. I used a total of two. And I used swordfish. But do you see my saying Owned! icon_thumbs.gif? No, I didn't think so.

IMO, fun quest, not too hard. I think I did it at... 76 combat?

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

DT I found to be a easy quest, I enjoyed doing DT but I also had a

good friend helping me out at the time. :)

Horror From The Deep quest well lets not even go there I died 3 times

doing that dang quest. :XD: BTW: I was level 75 at the time. <.<

I beat DT and Horror from the Deep at 72 Combat!! ::'

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

dont know why everyone is hating on ice blitz... good for barrows and single pking.
i like all the spells but most of the teles.... lol ice blitz is cool when i was a nooberly i was testin it out in cw lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

i dont think that it was hard at all, even at lvl 76. I personally thought monkey madness was much harder (well not hard, but a pain in the butt)

no I agree. Monkey maddness actuall;y seemed harder, maybe because i did dt 15 levels later

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Lol @ everybody that used sharks for dt. Beat that quest with 45 def 80 something combat with no better food than salmon (left over from f2p fishing) and 10 pray pots. :thumbsup: Owned.
Please, 10 pray pots is ridiculous. I used a total of two. And I used swordfish. But do you see my saying Owned! icon_thumbs.gif? No, I didn't think so.

IMO, fun quest, not too hard. I think I did it at... 76 combat?

But did you do it with 45 def? I don't think so... And swordfish are 14 hp ea. Salmon are 9. So yeah; \' Owned.

The quest was EXTREMELY easy. I had no deaths at 82 combat.

Hardest quest by far: Haunted Mines............I died 8 times there losing a white beret each time when they used to be 110k each

mathisfun.png

Im doing dt right now, killed dessous and fareed easy, working on getting all the items for damis, like a few ppots so i dont get completely owned. Seems like an easy enough quest, and i agree that monkey madness is probably harder

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Desert Treasures wasn't hard for me at all. It was just really annoying. I think it is overrated imo.

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I didn't find it difficult

I never use the spells

I find it way too costly (may change my mind after blood rcing appears)

:wall:

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

Start hatin' on the magicks or the quest, and every single ancient mage on tip.it (including myself) will hunt you down with them. [/threattoauthor]

Great quest, great reward. Nuff said.

I don't hate the spells, I love em. and I don't hate the quest, just saying its rediculously overrated and easy

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I don't hate the spells, I love em. and I don't hate the quest, just saying its rediculously overrated and easy

Here's the thing. All of the people I see posting are 109, 112, 102, etc..

The point is, your near the high end of the stick. Would someone with say, my stats be able to do it as "easy" as you guys say?

currentstatscv4.png

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."