Has the game become to easy?

Macmaster92

Well i think that runescape is still fun. Although it has gotten alot easier.

One of these reasons are that :

1. People have become smarter on how they play the game and are becoming more efficient.

2. Jagex has added many things to help new players starting out souch as the combat tutors and the bank in lumbridge.

3.Jagex has just made the overall layout of the game to rune more smoothly. Like making an X amout of anything. Or making the skill layouts much more sleek.

2. Ok first of do not say i am a hiporcrit about this if you want to know why look at my post on page three. I think that it is way way to easy to raise combat skills now. all you have to do i go do pest control for a 3 weeks from 80 mage and boom you got 94! Dont get me wrong i love that it is easier to raise lvls but it just take all of the fun out of a challenging thing.

3. Since the construction skill came out it lowered the price of everything extremly. Now you see Lower level players with more expensive items. Because they have started to find out all the ways to Make it a little easier for them selfes.

Anyway just some stuff i think has made the game a little to easy for us all.

Please do not yell out non constuctive critisism. Thank you.

prospektssigza4.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the game itself isn't that much easier than it was before, though combat training IS easier, but the rest of the skills and making money, hasn't really changed.

I think the main reason why people have those remarkable items and really high levels, is that people are more and more devoted to the game, they play more efficiently and spend more time with the game, thus gaining levels faster and making more and more money (if making money is what they're aiming at).

Reiskade.png

~Council of Northern Gods~

In the click and wait game that runescape is, has always been, and always will be...how can you expect anything other then what your getting from it right now?

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

no offense but fansites makes the game much, much easier

being able to find something that you need to buy or sell in a matter of minutes is amazing

also with so many players contributing to various skill guides and quest guides makes skillin so much easier and quests possible

i guarruntee i wouldn't be able to to mournings end pt2 without tip.it

skill calculators tell how long it will take to lvl and motivates people when they see how close they actually are.

ps. I LOVE YOU Tip.It

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

the market..i thought you were talking about levels

Back to levels: yes it has become MUCH too easy

God yes this is more then true...

I mean honestly if nooby Unbeaten 1 Can even get lvl 85 slayer...THEN WHO CANT??? O:)

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Very much agreed. I'd like to add some points to your list.

- Area Guides!! - These guides spoil exploring! I remember when I got lost in the woods between Draynor and Lumbridge. It was fun. I could wander huge distances (to Rimmington) and start Quests. When I saw the world map and learnt about Member's I dreamt of getting to the islands located so far away - Miscellania and Etceteria. Now everyone can read everything about every place (well not every, but many) in RS. There's no point in exploring anymore, you can read everything available in the Area Guides.

I don't read them, I actually boycott them, but the one reading them loses so much...

- Lumbridge Tutors - Teaches you everything you need to know to get far. Tutorial Island would have been enough...

- Home Port - The ones that call themselves 'new players' don't use this! The only ones that are are high-lvl's to save time and get themselves out of challenging situations. Desert-effect doesn't exist, Entrana Dungeon-effect doesn't exist etc. Very frustrating.

Dragon drops: 22 legs, 12 skirts, 1 med, 1 spear

Magic 99 achieved 8.8.07

no id love to see high levels in the game, at 115 wherever i go all i see on a right click is green mainly allways pures pures will be the downfall of rs there like rodents festering out of everywehere i dont undeerstand some of em either the other day some 1 was pking in no more than 50k armour and perhaps a dscimmy (protect) and he teled wtf is up with that its so hard finding hi leveld people nowadays :/

I was going to really lay out a nice explanation about why what you're saying is mistaken and the different reasons for the game being the way it is.

But when I read your argument about construction giving low lvled people the chance to run around with high lvl armor that took others months to achieve.

And how you mention that getting a higher lvl is easier now because of pest control.

You're completely contrdicting (is that the way you say it? :oops: ) yourself.

So first clear up your mind, then I'll explain it to you.

Silver

edit: after looking at your siggy, you yourself have some incredibly low skill lvls for your combat lvl, maybe you should get away from PC and do some slayering aye ? the original way of lvling...

The Lumbridge Tutors make the game way to easy.

I remember starting off with a bronze sword and some magic runes.

And I remember walking all the way to Varrock to bank my items. That walk showed me some training places and other areas of Runescape.

Now, the players can walk up to Lumbridge Castle and bank there, then hang around Lumbridge and not go anywhere

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

The Lumbridge Tutors make the game way to easy.

I remember starting off with a bronze sword and some magic runes.

And I remember walking all the way to Varrock to bank my items. That walk showed me some training places and other areas of Runescape.

Now, the players can walk up to Lumbridge Castle and bank there, then hang around Lumbridge and not go anywhere

I would just go to draynor

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

Well i think that runescape is still fun. Although it has gotten alot easier. Here are reasons why i think so.

1. I remember when i only used to see level 100+ with full dragon now i see lvl 70+ with full dragon more than the 100s

2. Ok this one might create a little anger but.... I think that it is way way to easy to raise combat skills now. all you have to do i go do pest control for a 3 weeks from 80 mage and boom you got 94! Dont get me wrong i love pest control but i think that we have to many high levels running around.

3. Since the construction skill came out it lowered the price of everything extremly. Now you see very low levels running around with things that level 100s had a challenge of getting.

Anyway just some stuff i think has made the game a little to easy for us all. We need more challenge.

Please do not shout anger in the ears of the people reading this. Thankyou

I don't see your point when you are saying it's gotten easier all because lower levels have better stuff than higher levels... I think it's just that they work harder maybe ?

- Denic.

i think that the game will get easier the more updates and quests come out.the more ways to play the game the easier it will get imo.

but i do agree with som of the things youre saying but im a lvl 70 and would dream of full drag :pray:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Well i think that runescape is still fun. Although it has gotten alot easier. Here are reasons why i think so.

1. I remember when i only used to see level 100+ with full dragon now i see lvl 70+ with full dragon more than the 100s

I think this is over exagerated a tiny bit. I don't see a clear point to why this affects anything you do in the game. Also, as time goes bye more items are increased in numbers, lowering price and enabling lower levels to buy. A level 70 back then could easily have the same money a level 70 has now, but because prices are lower, they're able to buy.

2. Ok this one might create a little anger but.... I think that it is way way to easy to raise combat skills now. all you have to do i go do pest control for a 3 weeks from 80 mage and boom you got 94! Dont get me wrong i love pest control but i think that we have to many high levels running around.

Well thinking about it, high levels isn't the correct term if their skills aren't high as well. For instance how much will a level 120 with skills at level 50-70, impact the game, then would a level 120 with 80-99s? See combat level wouldn't really change anything, imo.

3. Since the construction skill came out it lowered the price of everything extremly. Now you see very low levels running around with things that level 100s had a challenge of getting.

Challenge of getting? To obtain something you must either buy it or get it yourself. Buying means someone has gotten it. Back then people didn't have high levels, but as time went on players increased their skills, while other players were learning from those previous players on how to raise the skills that obtain items faster and more efficiently. thus more of that item meaning the challenge to get that item decreased. This is fault by jagex who advises their game to get money-how selfish of them?

But about construction your right.

I agree that the game has become a bit easier, back when I was f2p I cooked 10k raw trout without the cook X option, now we have the cook X option and we're cooking tons of fish while reading the forums. 8-)

There's one thing I don't get macmaster92, why do you start up a topic about the game becoming to easy and you yourself have pest control stats :? ?

Shendrik.png

There's one thing I don't get macmaster92, why do you start up a topic about the game becoming to easy and you yourself have pest control stats :? ?

I noticed that too, his total level barely surpasses mine and im 76 combat, and just an average skiller really.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

:-s Oh rly?

:) Ya Rly.

The point about construction is to draw mega money out of the economy. It worked quite well, especially due to the expected hype about "OMFG Player Owned Houses!" and the crazy days when planks and logs simply skyrocketed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Some things have gotten easier, whilst others have remained the same. Combat has gotten sooooo much quicker, whilst herblore, has not. There will always be a few aspects in which the game is to easy, i mean, its expected in a sense. But a lot of the huge challenges remain the same.

Combat has gotten sooooo much quicker, whilst herblore, has not. .

i guess u weren't here in the pre-farming days where ur main herbs source were the chaos druids :(

i'd rather slay 1000 chaos druids than wait 10 days for some herbs to grow thats because i cant get on much so they die anyway. but no. the game isnt easier its pushing people higher so they can add higher level things. wait that kinda does mean its easier o.O