Large Drop in Rare Prices

muggiwhplar

erkid"]Ya that's about it. More people are focusing on getting a skill cape to show off. Before skill capes everyone wanted rares to show off. Bought a red 40m just before skill capes.. now like 36.5m :x

I did too :evil: Payed like 39 mil or something right around the skill capes realease #-o

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill capes.

Third Age.

Other high-priced distractors.

Leads to -

Lower consumer confidence. (As evidenced by this thread and others like it)

Lower demand.

Therefore -

Lower price.

That's how I see it.

Can you make that into multiple paragraphs :P

i think the arising updates which have recently been bought into our economical game system such as the 99k per cape, skill capes, the extremeley overpriced third age clue scroll armour, which is very rare and has cause outstandingly influencual prices straining the economy, other high priced distractors such as already rare items, like party hats and kind runescape players, has also repeatedly put strain onto the economy.

therefore this has caused lower consumer confidence, should i buy this item, how do i know it won't drop in price, but how do i know it won't rise? is god real? can dogs look up? questions such as these have caused further worry amongst the buyers, also causing the suppliers to become substantially worried about their items and wether anybody will want to scam, sorry buy, them off of them. therefore less demand has become, less people killing heavencats, sorry hellhounds for clues, less people bothering to kill dragons etc for money and also a rise in autoers, the pea brained people who make endless accounts to make money to not only mess up the economy further but to also buy the items that noone wanted, then making the demand rise and everyone get all excited and run to the hellhounds/elves/wherver this item everyone wants is.

to conclude, none of that made sense i basically consturcted a framework around swamps facts, whilst pleasing the authours [specialInterest] for long paragraphed answers, and seemingly making me seem intelligent by using massive vocabularitical sentences, whilst also making anyone who know and understands english hate me for killing the language.....thank you

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Damn...

First rares are going to drop, then rise, then drop, then rise, etc.

Who cares?! :shock:

merchanters, people with rares, people who want to buy a rare and people who don't want to buy a rare and don't have one but are interested in the rare market like me :D

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

here my version :P

Skill capes.

Third Age.

Other high-priced distractors.

Leads to -

Lower consumer confidence. (As evidenced by this thread and others like it)

Lower demand.

Therefore -

Lower price.

That's how I see it.

Problems

Skill capes. (rich peeps want a cape and are putting all there money from rares into getting one)

Third Age. (rich peeps want 3rd age and are putting all there money from rares into getting one

Posts lke this. (causing the poorer (but still rich) peeps to panic about a total price crash or a scam or sumthing, and are selling all there rares as quickly as possible to get their money before the rare presumably becomes worth the paper/red felt/pumpkiny goodness they are made of)

my oppinion

the price of rares goes up and down, its no big event, could have been started by some idle chat by the phat sellers. so the drop is about 20% more than normal, itll just be a little bit longer to go back to normal. there maybe rumours of scams and stuff which means the raise will take a little longer, but ill say this:

rare owners, keep ya rares. richish non-rare owners, buy a rare and wait for the money back...

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

i guess noone was told what i was told... but okay here is what i heard, and i trust this guy and his info.

i heard some guy found a bug in staking and abused a few blue phats out of it, he then sold several for 360m ea, creating a scare of a dupe because it was like 50mil(i believe) less then normal market price.

hence why the "drop" the scare of the dupe made people panic, people who dont know this story are like well if santas drop ill only pay what they are now making it hard to get them back to pre-scare prices.

yep this is the current reason for the drop in rares atm, all other reasons such as hunter, construction, 3rd age have all been out long time before this current drop, and the guy who won around 20 rares by using a programme sold them all on the cheap is the one who caused this drop

Chinchompa's anyone? Easy to get and can give ownage range xp. Selling them could get you some money.

Yes, but no NEW money.

Mining: Alching smithed items

WCing: Making bows, alching them

Combat: Money drops, alchable drops

in essence, more money is being introduced into the game. But hunter is a very slight money drain (cost of making clothing, buying stuff).

nh.jpg

Tons of people are now buying rares to hold for when the price rises again. It'll be soon since there will be low quantity again. Can't wait since I got 2 Santas and 2 Green Masks. :D

I'm guessing that there is a lower demand. With the release of skill capes, seeing as there are quite a few that are flashy (that require money), people are skilling. Third age is also another factor. Many high-end stakers and other "richie riches" are buying them to show their status. Construction started this all, and Jagex keeps adding things into the game (on purpose?) to diminish the rare prices. Something has also come up recently - chinchompa ranging. At a 200K and even 300K EXP per hour at level 90+, chinchompas are raising fast with that comes more hunters. This all plays into the little "market game" so, sorry investors. Remember, rares were supposed to just be a little bit of fun that should be worth 25K-100Kea. Apparently that's not the case now, so I hope that helped.

:-#

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

I think this is because of recent money drain, constructions, skill capes and kingdom. for me? it doesn't make difference, for merchanters, well i don't wanna be in their shoes right now ;)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Hm, am I missing something?

Was this a gradual decrease in the price of rares recently that you guys are talking about? Or was there a sudden drop that's actually new, because the whole rare prices dropping has sort of been going on for a bit.

I have not played for a 2 months so I don't know what's going on.

icecube7.jpeg

Tons of people are now buying rares to hold for when the price rises again. It'll be soon since there will be low quantity again. Can't wait since I got 2 Santas and 2 Green Masks. :D

Nice try. ...

To the guy that asked if it have been a sudden drop. The answer is no. It has gone down since the last 6 months. Just a little bit more the recent 2 weeks.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

man i wish i could remember the guy that said this quote, it was from runescape forums a while ago, and i'm sticking to this evidence!:

"Pfft.. Rares only drop when the 13 year olds in rs get dumped by their girlfriends... duh"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2vuhgcn.png

"Pfft.. Rares only drop when the 13 year olds in rs get dumped by their girlfriends... duh"

:D

Classic sigstuff.

I heard yesterday or the day before that the prices of masks and santas are going back up again.

Not by much but they did, i went to w2 yesterday to buy some runes and didn't see much of an increase in the prices. i suppose the no-lifers at fally park enjoy when price goes up by 200k. :?

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.