Kent's guide to Slayer mastery! NEW SECTION!!!

Inuashakent

[hide=Latest update]9/1

Nechryael update

• [/hide]

[hide=History]11/11

Fixed the efficiency formula

8/31

Ranging Bork

8/29

Bork

8/26

* I'm trying to remove all information that is just plain opinion without logic.

* Fixed MANY errors.

* Editing many parts of the guide from feedback.

* Fixed many errors.

* Added how to get to the other Slayer masters, not just Duradel and Sumona.

* Made the part about potions clearer.

* Put more enters in between certain text, to make reading easier.

* Included a more detailed section for 10% range prayers.

* Removed ranks from certain equipment, as they are specialty items. This includes bandos vs proselyte vs barrows, ect. This better reflects it, as the ranks were pretty biased.

* Renamed the herbs section, as it now includes Runes and other smaller loot.

* Removal of Efficiency vs fun, as this is pretty much common sense.

• [/hide]

kent-slayer-2.png

* This guide is very close to complete, I just have to add pictures for the most part. Also, xp rates will be added.

* The standard inventory will be omitted when I have inventory pictures for all Slayer tasks.

<3:Introduction to Kents Slayer Guide! <3:

Well, Im guessing the only reason you came to my guide is because you read my Summoning guide, which can be found here. In this guide, I will give you all the information you will need to train Slayer efficiently, quickly, and enjoyably. My guides (well, Ive only written two but) tends to be quite long, and I can get a bit verbose at times, but please try to bear with me. Remember, I wrote a Summoning guide which is highly related to combat, so some of the information here can be similar to the information from there.

I decided I should write a guide on Slayer as Im very fond of the skill, and its tight bond with my favorite skill Summoning. There are also many false rumors spreading about the skills, so I wish this guide will set records straight.

I tend to take good care of my guides, and read the comments people post at least once a day, so dont be afraid to pm me or to post if you have any questions. I love feedback, so if you have any constructive criticism, please say it!

Again, nobody comment on the color...

-= Table of Contents =-

Introduction

¤ Slayer introduction The ultimate training method

¤ But Aviansies are so nice (comparison)

Slayer masters

¤ Which slayer master?

¤ So, how do I get to these Slayer masters?

Analysis of Slayer methods

¤ Summary of charms

¤ Food and potions

¤ Prayer

¤ Cannon

¤ General equipment guide

Highly controversial topics

¤ The unnoticed source of income

¤ An in depth analysis of expensive equipment

¤ Guthans. Outdated?

¤ Dharoks - Speed... or power?

¤ Speed or cost - Finding the balance.

¤ Ring of Wealth - Fact vs Fiction

¤ Range vs Melee vs Magic

What are Slayer points?

¤ What are Slayer points?

¤ Order of what to spend points on

¤ What to Cancel/Block?

Summoning

¤ Basics of Summoning

¤ Combat familiars

¤ Healer familiars

¤ Beasts of burden

The slayer tasks

¤ Finally, this is the meat of this guide

¤ Standard equipment

¤ (All slayer tasks assigned from Duradel)

Introduction

[hide=Slayer introduction The ultimate training method]Slayer is a skill that revolves entirely around combat. You are assigned slayer monsters from slayer masters, where you kill them and you gain experience based on the monster you kill. (Their Hitpoints)

They add a good amount of variety into the skill, which definitely helps you to train one skill for an extended period of time. Switching off skills, loses a lot of time, and is a very inefficient thing to do. They also give a very generous experience, and in the end, you should have enough for (or close to) 99 Summoning, along with a generous cash pile. (It adds up over time) Remember, you want to get 99 Slayer by the time you get 99 combat stats, or else youll have to train Combat even though you are maxed out!

• [/hide]

[hide=But Aviansies are so nice (comparison)]Slayer is one of the many ways to train combat in Runescape. What sets it apart from all the other training methods? Well, obviously for one you get to train Slayer, which it itself is a skill. If anybody decides to train Slayer after they max out, they will greatly suffer as they have to get over level 99 in combat skills.

Slayer isnt as good as other methods in terms of experience or income. Other methods including Zombie monkeys, Gorillas, Bandits, Aviansies, requires much less attention and clicking, while earning more money and experience at the same time! However, they lack Slayer experience, which you want as early as possible. Also, although they are more money and experience, it is only marginally so. When I say marginally, I mean that if you power train the skill as I will later explain in this guide, it should BARELY be any faster, as you can actually obtain 70k combat experience per hour if you are fast.

However, this is not going to be biased. In the end, by training Slayer there is absolutely nothing gained, besides training the skill. That itself should be enough. The entire high end slayer monsters are now not a good source of income, or experience for that matter. But if a new Slayer monster is released, theyre primary drop should be worth a lot for the first few days. However, remember that almost ALL skills are useless to level, and dont impact you at all from 1-99. Woodcut, Firemaking, Fishing, Cooking, Mining, Smithing, Herblore, Thieving, Crafting, Fletching, Hunter, Construction, Runecrafting, and oh wait, Im listing practically every skill in Runescape. Now with God war dungeons, of course skills are not as profitable as them. But does that make them useless? No, it shouldnt. The underlying reason to play Runescape depends from player to player, but for the majority it is skills.

• [/hide]

General information

[hide=Which world to use]When you are Slaying, you want a populated world. This is because higher populated worlds have faster spawns. However, it is worth noting that some populated worlds are full of Slayers.

The official Tip.it Forum world is world 99, and it's unofficial clan chat is Forsakenmage.

• [/hide]

Slayer masters

[hide=Which slayer master?]Well, there are 5 Slayer masters. The only requirements are for Sumona and Duradel, and the others dont have any, besides the ability to access their location. They have their good points, along with their bad but some are obviously bad to do. Here is a description of each:

* Turael He is called the Burthrope, and obtaining tasks from him is called Burthroping. The reason should be obvious, and that is because he is located in Burthrope. But this slayer master has a special ability to him, which is that he is able to give you tasks even though you are already on one.

Before the addition of Slayer points (which is quite recent), people used to use a Games necklace/NPC contact, and they would skip their bad tasks by turning them into short, easy tasks. Now, with slayer points you are allowed to cancel out your task without getting a (small, bad experience) task from Turael. The only reason to ever use Turael now is that if you are an extremely low level, but I wouldnt recommend slayer until you are 70+ all stats, anyways.

* Mazchna Well... she is arguably useless. You could possible choose to start Slayer at very low combat, but you'll make it up so fast at higher levels... it is opinion honestly, but I would personally powertrain my combat at lower combat, and start at Vannaka.

* Vannaka There are huge arguments about which is better. Chaeldar is better due to her larger tasks and she generally gives better tasks.

* Chaeldar In all seriousness, she is better. If you have 70+ combat stats, you should be able to kill her tasks with relative ease. However, when you can use Sumona, use her.

* Sumona Yay, this is where the real controversy starts. Which is better, Duradel or this new, lower leveled Slayer master? Well, my honest opinion would have to be Duradel. Of course, this is backed up with facts and evidence. This slayer master gives a lot of cannon-able tasks. So, if youre planning to use her, make sure you use your cannon, and use it a lot, too.

* Duradel - Yes, the highest level master. He gives much larger tasks than Sumona, and his tasks are very good, except for ones that you should be skipping/blocking anyways. He assigns good charm droppers, too. Just use him if youre higher leveled (Maybe 120+) they are very comparable to each other, so just choose whichever you like.

• [/hide]

[hide=So, how do I get to these Slayer masters?]I will discuss how to get to Sumona and Duradel here. There are many ways, but the best for each are (In order from best to worst)

Sumona:

1) NPC contact, will go in detail below.

2) Use your slayer ring, then bam, your right there.

3) Teleport to house, which is very useful as you can recharge Prayer.

4) If you dont have a slayer ring, no problem! Although it may be a little harder and slower, it is still a good method. Teleport using your Pharaohs scepter to Pyramid plunder (first choice) and go north, out of the gate, and talk to the magic carpet owner. Ask him to take you to the only available option, and from there walk north.

5) There are many other methods but if you cant, just use Duradel.

Duradel:

1) NPC contact, will go in detail below.

2) Use your Karajma gloves 3, and youll be in Shilo mines. Go up the ladder, and run to Duradel.

3) Teleport to Ardougne, and head south to the docks. Pay him 30 gp, and go south-east a little to the cart. Hell ask you to pay depending on how much money you have. Just bring less than 200 gp (The money you have on you. His maximum payment is very little).

Chaeldar:

1) Teleport to Edgeville, and run to the Fairy rings.

2) Teleport to Draynor/Lumbridge, run to the shack, and go to Chaeldar.

Vannaka:

1) Run to Edgeville, go down the basement next to the Yews, then run east.

Mazchna:

1) Teleport to your house/Slayer tower, then run to her.

Turael:

1) Teleport using a Game's necklace, then run east.

NPC contact

NPC contact is a Lunar spell that requires 67 magic (1 Astral, 1 cosmics, and 2 airs) and allows you to talk to the Slayer masters directly. Now, Lunar mage is generally worse, than normal mage. This is a common misconception! All teleports are accessible by using teleport tablets, and others can be accessed from (96 magic, eek!) spellbook swap. I dont even recommend using alchemy, its pretty slow and it can be annoying alching an item during the middle of your slayer tasks. Telekinetic grab is only useful at Greater demons (dont kill it there anyways) or hellhounds (I skip them, plus they drop mostly gold charms.)

However, they have their bad points. In general, its much less convenient, and youll have to bring much more runes while doing your farming runs. Also, I would only recommend it for people with 96 Magic, more money, and much more patience than me. I just use regular mage because of its convenience. Its up to you, however. Just choose whichever suits you, it doesnt make a huge difference, lol.

• [/hide]

Analysis of Slayer methods (I'll come up with a better name, lol)

[hide=Food and Potions]There are many, many options for which potions and food to use during Slayer.

Which food to use? Well, thats a good question. Here, I will discuss all commonly used foods, and tell you which to use. In order of how much they cure. (Copied directly from my Summoning guide, this should tell you which food to use.)

Food

* Saradomin brew (56 life, 4 bites, 4993 gp) - Highest curing item in the game. But... they lower your other stats and raise your Defense. Very inconvenient, and it is extremely pricy. I would say let boss hunters use this... They cure 15% of your life, meaning that 56 are with max Hitpoints. 94 Hitpoints are required to get the max 56 life though.

* Basket of Strawberries (30 life, 5 bites, 318gp) - Highest curing food in the game. However, they are in a basket, and you need to take them out and eat them, curing 6 each. They take extremely long to eat, and I would say they aren't really worth the time. However, they could be handy at places where you need that much Hitpoints and the bank is that far away. (Dark beasts before Summoning is a good example)

* Pineapple pizzas (22 life, 2 bites, 587) - Very high Hitpoints cure. Reasonable cost, mainly because of its 2 bites. However, they have less of a delay then other foods. (Just for eating another food, not attacking again.) You can take a bite of Pineapple pizzas, and then eat a monk/shark/tuna potato for max healing speed. Use this for high damaging tasks, such as Scarabites.

* Manta ray (22 life, 1930 gp) - Technically the "best" food in the game, considering it's heal and time to eat, but it's too expensive for casual charm hunter/slayer.

* Sea turtle (21 life, 1286 gp) - Same case as Manta ray, they are too expensive.

* Shark (20 life, 839 gp) - Very expensive for its life boosts. I would only use this if you are fighting a boss, which youre never going to while youre hunting for charms. (Scarabs don't damage you that fast, lol)

* Cooked Karambwan (18 life, 658 gp) - These are great. They cure more than monkfish, but less than sharks. Their price is a mix of the two. However, that isn't what makes them wonderful. They have NO delay after eating (if you time it right, that is), just like potions. Does it really matter? Not really, but it is pretty handy at some places like... bounty hunter.

* Monkfish (16 life, 344 gp) - Heres one of the best foods. It costs very little for curing 16 life. Use this for most slayer tasks.

* Lobster (12 life, 278) - Very low cure. I would advise against this, but you can use it if you know youre barely going to get damaged. More of an f2p food though.

* Wine (12 life, -1 Attack, 77gp) Same as the lobster, except it reduces range. As you can see though, it costs very little. This is a very good food to use when youre ranging, and barely getting damaged, which means while you are using safespots.

GP/Hitpoints cure

Wine - 6.4

Monkfish - 21.5

Lobster - 23.1

Pineapple pizza - 26.7

Cooked Karambwan - 36.5

Shark - 42

Sea turtle - 61.2

Manta ray - 87.2

Saradomin brew - 89.1

Summary: Stick with Monkfish and pineapple pizzas, although the wine has its uses.

Potions

So, what about potions? Well, another good question with many answers.

* Super attack potion - Gives good Attack bonus, and comes at a cheap cost.

* Zamorak brew - This gives more Attack points and Prayer points (little strength, too), but at the cost of Defense. If you have a task that doesn't require defense (Portection prayers) then use this instead of the Super attack potion.

* Super strength potion - If you are meleeing, use this potion. There honestly is no replacement. A common argument against is that you should use a Dragon battle axe special. However, this requires you to DDS or SGS specials.

* Super defense potion - I've been finding this potion becoming less and less useful with the current updates. Use this on a task which requires defense.

* Range potion - This does affect a Cannon (not really practical, but there are too many rumors). Use this if you want range bonus, but I would recommend against using this to increase the accuracy of you cannon.

* Prayer potion - Use this if you need Prayer.

* Super restore & Saradomin brew - This heals HP, Summoning points, Defense, and Prayer, but doesn't give stat increases. I would not use this for Slayer.

• [/hide]

[hide=Prayer]Well, when I said prayer I can bet 99% of you just thought Melee protection! or something along the lines of that. Well, no. That is not what this chapter is about. This is about the 10% Strength prayer, officially known as Superhuman Strength. (stupid name)

* 10% Strength - Well, its great, to say the least. The 10% Strength helps a lot, and its price is not that much. It may not help as much as, say, Cannon, but the effect is definite. I would recommend using this whenever you can, but if you are a lower level, dont. I would say if you have a decent income (Or if you go GWD, lol) use this.

* 10% Range - The problem with range is that there is very little sources of Prayer bonuses. You should still use this when possible, though.

* Piety Well it comes at a huge cost. However, you can wear prayer armor as it gives a good amount of extra defenses. Also, remember that the bonuses it gives are huge, but that also means you should bring Beasts of Burden to bring prayer pots for you. I would only recommend that you should use this if you can make a very good amount of money an hour. Methods such as God war dungeon and 91+ Runecrafting are examples of what are good. Throughout my Slayer guide, you will see say that you shouldn't use Piety here or there, but this only means if you normally don't piety. In some locations, you will see me stress using Piety. This means even if you can't afford it, you should use on anyways.

• [/hide]

[hide=Cannon]You must have heard many opinions, especially ones saying that its too expensive, or that its annoying to other legit slayers out there. Forget everything that people told you. Use a cannon all the way, anybody who is following this guide should AT LEAST value their time enough to use a cannon. You think you cant? Well, guess what. You can, although tips on money making wont be put into this guide. Cannon is affected by Range levels and bonuses, I have personally tested it. I would recommend against it, but there are too many people saying that you can cannon at Level 1 range and expect a huge amount of xp from it.

Remember that you cant cannon at the Chaos tunnels (and other locations...). As obvious as this sounds, but if it wasnt for this each task would have been considerably easier. Also, remember that it IS possible to cannon multiple enemies in non multi combat areas! You must stay out of their attack range, though.

• [/hide]

[hide=General equipment guide]What armor to wear to each monster is already explained, but I'll give you a detailed descriptions on each armor and weapons. You'd be surprised at how not straight forward the answers are.

Weapons

1st) Abyssal whip - This is the generic weapon that should be used most of the time. Nice accuracy, fast, one handed, nice Strength, and to top it off its cheap. Seriously, its the best weapon in the game. A common argument against this weapon is that it cannot be used to train Strength. This is only partly true. Why not train controlled (1/3 the experience in Attack, Strength, Defense)? Why not train all 3 stats at the same time at the fastest pace possible instead of training 1 at a time at a slower pace?

2nd) Saradomin sword - The famed Strength training weapon. It has the exact same stats and speed as the Abyssal whip, but with an extra 2 prayer bonus. It is also 2-handed. It does a Strength training option which the Abyssal whip lacks, but it significantly more expensive and is technically weaker because you can't wield a shield with it. However, it also has a crush option which makes it one of the best options at the famed charm harvesting monster, Waterfiends.

3rd) Godsword - Ahh... the never ending Godswords vs Abyssal whip debate. Abyssal whips win. Debate over. This is because although they do give high hits, the extra accuracy isn't needed during training. I would use this only during PvP or boss hunting, where it is better than the Abyssal whip. A notable fact about the Saradomin Godsword is its special. It is extremely useful, and should be used whenever possible.

4th) Obsidian sword - This must be combined with a Berserker necklace. This is Stronger than the Dragon scimitar, but you have to sacrifice a necklace slot. It isn't as good as the Saradomin sword however, so I wouldn't recommend using this set-up considering it has no merits and lacks accuracy which lower levels need.

5th) Dragon scimitar - This weapon is what us veterans used to use before the release of much more powerful weapons. A decent weapon with a Strength training option, but it falls short compared to the Saradomin sword or the Abyssal whip. However, it is still a viable training option for lower levels.

6th) Zamorakian spear - This weapon has an extremely high crush bonus, making it perfect for Waterfiends. That's it. Don't use it anywhere else.

Helmets

1st) Black mask/Slayer helmet - 15% Attack and Strength while on slayer tasks! Seriously, if you on a slayer task, USE IT!

*No replacement for the epicness of the helmets above.

Torso

* The top three have no ranks, as they both have their own use.

1st) Bandos plate - Yeah, who didn't see this coming? This has a somewhat decent (pretty bad to be honest) while giving prayer and Strength bonuses! Use this if you have it, unless the monster requires a good Defense bonus. The Strength bonus is twice as much as Bandos tassets. I would use this everywhere if you have it.

1st) Dharoks, Torags, Guthan's (Karils) plate - Has the best Defense in the game, and they're cheap. However, they degrade (barely adds up though) and lack the Strength bonus the Bandos plate has. Use this if you don't have it, it's doesn't make that much of a difference. Karil's is when you need magic Defense, can be substituted for a Black dragonhide top (which has more melee Defense)

1st) Proselyte top (Monk robes) - When you need prayer bonus, use these no doubt. This armor has huge melee Defense (for prayer armor!) and more Prayer bonus than Monk robes. However, Monk robes have more mage Defense (barely) and are cheap with no requirements. If you have Proselyte, use it.

4th) Fighter torso Well, I used to consider this armor useless but I recently changed my views on it. I would like to say this is generally not better than the Runite plate. However, the Fighter torso has a use even when you can wield Barrows or the like. If you dont have Bandos and you refuse (for whatever reason) to use Prayer, then you could use this instead of a Proselyte top (and 10% Strength) for weaker tasks, such as Abyssal demons. And to those who argue that it's free - it's not. Remember those long hours spent at Barbarian outpost?

5th) Runite/Dragon/Granite - They are generally worse than Barrows, but they do have their uses. If you have a Fighter torso, this has no use, as you should only be using this when there is no need for defense.

Legs

1st) Bandos tassets - Gives a decent amount of Defense. However, the true reason to use this is for its Strength bonuses. In slayer, Defense bonuses aren't all that important, so this is truely a good bottom. If you have the cash, buy this. However, when using Piety, this loses its uses.

1st) Verac's skirt (Karils) - Verac's skirt has a very high Defense and Prayer bonus, and the repair isn't as much as people make it out to be. Use Karils when you need Magic Defense. However, every other Barrows legs doesn't have Prayer bonus and has no better Defense than Verac's, so don't use those. Also, if you're using Piety, make sure to use this instead.

1st) Proselyte legs (Monk robes) - Use these when youre using a Protection prayer and not getting damaged. However, if you are using Superhuman Strength or Piety then I would advise you using Verac's skirt for its Defense bonus. Monk robes have no melee Defense, but it has no requirements.

4th) Dragon/Runite legs - Again, this isn't as good as Verac's, but it has it's uses unless you have a Figher torso.

Shield

1st) Rune defender - Again, *gasp!* Just like the Bandos tassets. This little thing is too good. It lacks flashy looks or the huge Strength bonuses or Defense bonuses of the Dragonfire shield, but it does give a huge accuracy bonus. 19+ to slash! That is insanely good.

2nd) Dragonfire shield (Anti-dragonfire shield) - Dubbed as the DFS. Well... when I said the Rune defender is better, I meant for powertraining. When trying to obtain the fastest experience possible, the 2 Strength or the huge Defense is negligible compared to the 19+ to slash. However, when fighting high leveled monsters (Scarabites and obviously all variants of dragons) this could be a replacement. (Note that Godsword is better than an Abyssal whip + DFS while hunting very high level monsters, however) A plain Anti-dragonfire shield is a replacement while hunting dragons.

3rd) Obsidian shield (Toktz-ket-xil)(Granite shield) - It's real name is Toktz-ket-xil, but is dubbed Obsidian shield. This is a miniature version of a Dragonfire shield. It has 2 less Strength, and less Defense bonuses. However, it still is a viable replacement for the DFS on higher leveled training. The Granite shield has the exact same stats as the Obsidian shield except it has no Strength bonuses, and costs much less.

4th) Unholy book - A completed Zamorak book. Good for ranging, but the prayer bonus doesn't make up for the lost Slash and Strength bonuses. Don't use this for meleeing.

Ring

1st) Berserker ring - Well, it's a great ring, giving 4 Strength. However, it comes at a hefty price. A good ring, but it comes at its price... You will not keep this if you die as its alchemy value is almost 0. GET THIS BEFORE BANDOS!

1st) Ring of wealth - Well, this could potentially be one of the best rings, or the worst. It does help (as confirmed by Jagex) but don't bring this to tasks with very low rewards.

2nd) Warrior ring - 4 slash bonus and is very cheap. If you don't have a spare 2 million gp to spend, just buy this. The effects are definite, and it's very cheap.

3rd) Explorer's Ring - Obtained from doing the Lumbridge achievements. It's very useful, and it even has 30 low alchemy runes daily, along with 3 50% stamina recoveries. Also, it teleports somewhat close to a bank, and has a prayer bonus! If you lose it, it's free so you can retrieve it.

Amulet

1st) Amulet of Fury - Seriously, its bonuses are huge for its cost. If youre considering getting a DFS or Bandos pieces before this, youre an idiot. Get this!

1st) Salve (e)/Salve amulet - This gives 20 (15) Attack and Strength to undead. This doesn't stack with a Black/slayer mask, so if youre on a slayer mask use a Fury instead! Remember, this is for undead only. (Doesn't work at Barrow's, go figure) Sure, this doesn't really have a use due to the Slayer helmet, but until you get one, use this.

3rd) Amulet of Glory - Eh, cheaper version of a Fury but has 4 very important teleports. I have 50+ in my bank just for teleportation purposes. It is very handy to be able to teleport to Edgeville.

Cape

1st) Fire cape - No debate, it gives the best Attack and Defense bonuses.

2nd) Trimmed Skillcapes - As much Defense as an Obsidian cape but with prayer bonus. Use this over the Skillcape while praying.

3rd) Skillcape (Obsidian cape) - Exact same stats. Good Defense, but don't use it if you have a Fire cape.

3rd) God cape - Gives +10 magic Defenses. Not as useful as the attack bonuses from a Fire cape, or the prayer bonuses of a trimmed cape. Don't use this if you have a Fire cape or a trimmed if you're praying (which you should).

Gloves

1) Barrow gloves - Seriously, these are too good. They give extremely high bonuses (12 on Accuracy, Defence, and Strength. 6+ and 0 to Prayer.)

2) Dragon gloves - A bit behind on combat stats, but it is still a very nice replacement. I highly suggest you hurry up and obtain Barrow gloves.

3) Bracelet of Regeneration - Well, these are new and people are wondering how good they truely are. For Slayer, these aren't that useful. (Unless you havn't done Recipe for disaster) Sure, you get 1 extra Hp per minute, but that really is insignificant compared to the Combat stats lost. If you use this however, make sure you use the Prayer Rapid Heal as it stacks with the Regeneration making it 4 HP per minute.

4) Combat bracelet - Bad compared to the Bracelet of Regeneration. They also have the option of telling you how many you have left to kill in intervals of 10, but you really don't need it. It might make it slightly more preferable to Rune gloves, though. Efficiency wise, go with the Rune/Adamant gloves if you have them.

Boots

1) Dragon boots - No competetion.

2) Rune boots - Use this if you can't wield a Dragon boot. However, I wouldn't recommend my guide at such low stats.

• [/hide]

Highly controversial topics

[hide=The unnoticed source of income]These little tiny herbs, runes, and other items go by unnoticed very easily. I can see why. However, these guys add up to a tremendous amount of money by the time you get 99.

From all those Aberrant spectres, Black demons, Abyssal demon tasks that you do, do you have any idea how many Ranarrs you pick up? By my estimates, you could easily make over 10-20m just from herbs!

So which herbs should you pick up? Just Ranarr? Or Kwuarm too? Well, I'd say it depends on how much inventory spaces you have... I, personally, don't have any inventory spaces ever, so I just pick up the Ranarr. If you have extra inventory spaces, pick up extra herbs. More power to you.

For runes, do you have any idea how many Blood, Death, Chaos, and Air runes you get? Honestly, this is a huge income of Slayer, along with many other smaller items.

This is not really controversial, but a reminder.

• [/hide]

[hide=An in depth analysis of expensive equipment]I know this was mostly covered in the General equipment section, but I will go more in depth and actually compare them here.

* Bandos - Surprisingly one of the better expensive equipment. This gives a good amount of Strength bonus, but at the cost of Defense bonuses. If your going for efficiently Slaying, this should be one of the first expensive equipment to buy. Lets compare this to Barrow's. It has much less Defense bonuses, but that's not all. This also has much less Prayer bonuses if you compare it to a Proselyte plate and Verac's skirt. In the end, I would recommend the plate at all times, but the Bandos tassets comes at a loss of huge Defense and Prayer bonuses. If you're using Piety, use neither. If you're using 10% Strength prayer, use the plate. If you're not praying at all, use both.

* 3rd age, Dragon - This should be obvious. The 3rd age costs at least 500m gp street price, which is ridiculous for such a weak item. Dragon is decent, but it's pricey and much weaker than Barrows/Bandos.

* Dragonfire shield - Honestly, this is the most overrated expensive item in the game. Sure, it comes with a huge Defense bonus and 2 more Strength than the Rune defender, but it's missing 19 Slash bonus! For Slayer, this is too good to pass up. If you're seriously Slaying, ditch this shield and get the cheap yet great Rune defender.

* Elysian/Divine spirit shield - Well, these two shields are great, to say the least. However, Defense isn't important during Slayer, and get no offense bonuses in return. A great shield, but not for Slayer.

* Arcane/Spectral spirit shield - I was mistaken. *Ehem* Dragonfire shield isn't the most overrated, it's this shield. One has 0 use for a Slayer, or anywhere for that matter. Magic Defense? Are you serious? The other one increases Magic bonus which is nice, but has no use for Slayer.

* Godsword - These shouldn't be used as combat weapons, but instead for their Special attacks. (While Slaying, at least.) Bandos, Armadyl, and Zamorak are useless during Slayer, but the Saradomin really is truely a huge benefit to any Slayer, really. Shouldn't require any explanation, but it increases HP and Prayer - how great is that?

* PvP items - They degrade too fast to be of any practical use.

• [/hide]

[hide=Guthans. Outdated?]Well... many, many people have been saying that Guthans has lost its purpose with the release of Summoning. This is not true at all.

The most efficient way to train Slayer is to use Combat familiars! Usually pineapple pizzas are enough, but sometimes you just need more. Well, there's a very good of Guthans there! However, I would only use a combat familiar if you have a Geyser titan, (89+), so a Guthans should only be used by very high leveled Summoners, or ones without a Bunyip (68-).

Sadly though, if you have a Saradomin Godsword there shouldn't be a reason to use Guthans.

• [/hide]

[hide=Dharoks - Speed... or power?]Well, normally Dharoks is great! But... not for Slayer. The ability to use a Black mask and whip is better than the Dharoks. It could possibly be used on a few tasks such as Fire giants in the Smokey well (automatic 1 life, plus the accuracy boost of the Slayer helmet isn't as high as, say, Mithril dragons), but even there it is known to be slower than with a Black mask.

• [/hide]

[hide=Speed or cost - Finding the balance.]This is not nearly as controversial as the topic below. However, I would like to explain this before you get confused while reading my guide. Efficiency is a balance of speed and cost, and you must find a balance. How?

(Money made per hour from method 1 - method 2)(Amount of experience gained from method 2/ method 1)

There should be a number like 120k, or the like. That means if you make over 120k gp/hour, you should go to the location with the higher xp income. If Method 1 or 2 gives higher efficiency in both experience and xp, then the other location is useless, and should not be used in any occasion.

• [/hide]

[hide=Ring of Wealth - Fact vs Fiction]To start, I would like to say I prefer fact over fiction. Here is a quote from Jagex:

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

Get it? This means that basically theres 2 wheels. One determines wether the drop will be common, gems, armor, RARE, ect. The wheel two determines what item out of the category you get. The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two.

Ring of wealth does help. Case closed.

• [/hide]

[hide=Range vs Melee vs Magic]These are the 3 forms of combat. Some people decide to get 99 in all by the time they get 99 Slayer. Don't do this! Magic is an extremely slow source of Slayer experience, and should be trained another way. Magic is best trained by non combat methods.

Now, which tasks should you melee or range? Obviously it depends on the task, but you should try to pack in Range whenever you can. Melee is faster in almost every single method, but would you want to gain 15m experience in melee, and 10 in range? Just try to pack on some Range when you can, you won't regret it. The cannon is not enough.

• [/hide]

Slayer points

[hide=What are Slayer points?]Slayer points are a nice addition to Slayer. They allow you to purchase the ability to craft new bolts (which are great; by the way); craft new rings, make a helmet, but most importantly allows you to skip slayer tasks. People sometimes use Mazchna for every task besides every 10th task, where they switch off to Duradel for max Slayer points. However, Slayer points are more of a bonus to Slayer rather than a whole revolutionary method on its own. This in mind, use Duradel/Sumona.

• [/hide]

[hide=Order of what to spend points on]1) Block tasks/Cancel tasks This comes first. This is the greatest slayer update EVER! Make sure you block tasks before you get the Slayer helmet. This is a HUGE bonus to slayer, allowing you to maximize your experience like never before! I will go in depth below.

2) Slayer helmet Oooo, goody. This helms graphical features are nice, and its combat abilities are decent. Its better than a Black mask, because of its extra Defense and the ability to use it at Dust devils (great) and Aberrant specters (not needed, sadly).

3) Ring of Slayer or Ability to fletch Broad arrows/bolts

3a) Ring of Slayer Id personally get this first. The ring of slayer helps for those who like slaying Abyssal demons at the Slayer tower, or just like it there. There really isnt any great benefits of the ring, except that it teleports you Straight Sumona. So if you use Sumona and dont use NPC contact, you may want to bump this to top 2 priorities, or even mix this in along with enough point to cancel tasks.

3b) Ability to fletch Broad arrows/bolts The ability to fletch Broad bolts is very nice. However, with a recent update that added a requirement of 55 Slayer, the market for these have fallen. However, it still is a decent method, so get this if you want.

4) Slayer dart vs Slayer experience Slayer dart. Always go slayer dart. The slayer experience costs a HUGE amount of points for the very miniscule amount of experience it gives. Do this once you completed EVERYTHING and have plenty of points to CANCEL tasks. (Not block. More explained below)

• [/hide]

[hide=What to Cancel/Block?]Notice how I not only said block, but I also said cancel. Even with the ability to block 4 tasks, there still are more tasks Jagex managed to make horrid. So, I will describe what to block, skip, or tasks that you should just use your own good judgment on. Red tasks are high priority, green is medium priority, and yellow is low priority. (This is Duradels task list, mainly because he is better. If you want to do Sumona, go ahead. You should know what to cancel/block after reading this.)

I would like to note that all of the monsters here have good proof to why they should be skipped, and is not biased. (Or not to the extent that this list should be considered not viable) If you hate a task, go ahead, blacklist it. This list isn't biased, but yours should be. Don't do what you hate just because it's efficient, unless you want to.

If you task is from Duradel and still not here, you must be mistaken about how bad that Slayer task is. Many people think the first on here would be Scarabites, but they are actually one of the best Slayer experience and charms in the game!

Steel Dragons -These are a HORRID task. They are extremely slow to kill, and theyre drops are decent. They are crowded, and to top it off there are only 2 spots to kill them, and they are in a room with a large amount of aggressive Iron dragons.

Greater demons -These are only a high priority block unless you aren't 127 combat! If you are under 127 combat aggressive dogs will make slayer experience come by very slowly, and to top it off it is crowded along with little spawns. Even if you have 127+ combat, I would put this on a low-medium priority to switch.

Hellhounds -They were once a good slayer task, but now because of their bad charm drops not so much. They drop gold charms, which are bad in itself, but you also have to Telekinetic grab them. Also, they are now much more crowded than before, due to newbs lacking the knowledge of how to really train Summoning. (Yes, they actually camp there to get Summoning experience, lol.)

Iron Dragons - They are crowded, and there are aggressive Steel dragons to pester you. They do have a decent charm drop rate, along with a decent income of cash. A medium priority block.

Black dragons -The good part about them is that there are many ways to kill them. The baby dragons aren't bad at all, so this task isn't that bad.

Warped Terrorbirds -Theyre actually a great Slayer task. They are decently fast with a cannon, and their drops are good too.

Goraks -Again, a decent task with a cannon but they drop no charms and they are assigned in very small numbers. However, they are a very fast task, so it may be worth doing these.

Mithril dragons - These are assigned in EXTREMELY small numbers; Im talking as low as 4! So, they arent really worth skipping, as they are assigned in such small numbers,and have a decent charm drop rates. They have some nice drops, as well.

This is what I do:

Blocked: Steel dragons, Iron dragons, Greater demons, and Hellhounds.

Tasks I skip are: Possibly Warped terrorbirds, Kalphites, and Goraks.

• [/hide]

Summoning

[hide=Basics of Summoning]Finally! My favorite skill. :D So, let's get started! Which familiar should you use? Well, there are combat familiars, Healing familiars, and Beasts of Burden. All of their up's a downs.

* Combat - They speed up Slayer by a good amount. However, it requires the location to be multicombat, so this can't be used all the time. All you hear is "Bunyip is great" or "Unicorn owns." While that is true, it doesn't make Combat familiars useless. Basically, if you use Combat familiars you lack the option of having a max Hitpoints bar all the time. So, you have to resort to Guthans. The time lost because you aren't using a combat familiar > The time lost using Guthans. \:D/

* Healer - The only healer I recommend is the Bunyip and the Unicorn. (And possibly the Void spinner) This is because everything else is just too expensive! These can be used everywhere, and it makes Slayer MUCH more simple.

* Beasts of Burden - So where in all this greatness does Beasts of Burden fit in? Well, with their extra inventory spaces of course! How is that useful? You can now piety through entire tasks, and you have the luxury of having free inventory spaces at all times, instead of stressing out on inventory spaces.

So which to use...? Choose wisely... although there will be ideas on what to use on each monster section. This is just to give you an idea. Below are all the familiars and quick notes and descriptions on each.

• [/hide]

[hide=Combat Familiars]While determining this, max hit isn't the only factor. Accuracy is just as big, along with size, duration, and other important factors.

The order of this is NOT from best to worst familiar. This is listing what familiar to use when you can. For example, the Abyssal titan isn't listed in the Combat familiar's section. This is because it is worse than the Wolpertinger, even though it has a higher requirement, thus having no reason to use it in combat.

This only goes to level 57, because anything under isn't worth the hassle.

1st: Steel titan (99, 230 Combat)

Max: 24

Hitpoints: 754

Experience: Range

Time: 64 Minutes

Size: Large

Notes: Yeah, who didn't expect this? These dudes have the biggest max hit, and they are range based. These have a very nice Defense and Hitpoints, so they'll last a while. Their special is 4 powerful range hits, but of course they are quite overpriced, currently 500 gp in the Grand exchange. Remember their second ability. They give 15% Constant invisible Defense! I don't know why, but this always seems understated...

2nd: Iron titan (95, 220 Combat)

Max: 23

Hitpoints: 694

Experience: Defense

Time: 60

Notes: Basically a lesser version of Steel titans. They also have a large max hit, at 23. They are Defense based, so they could be preferred over Steel titans depending on what you killing and the experience you want. They're special is closely related, and also overly priced. Remember their second ability. They give 10% Constant invisible Defense!

3rd: Wolpertingers (92, 220 Combat)

Max: 210

Hitpoints: 651

Experience: Magic

Time: 62

Size: Small

Notes: THESE DON'T HIT HIGHER THAN STEEL TITANS. THEY DON'T. The reason why they sometimes are more accurate is because some monsters are weaker to mage then they are to melee or range. Remember, smaller size means that they will dance less, which makes this preferable in some spots, especially if its small size and magic based attacks come in handy. (Black demons for one)

4th: Geyser (89, 200 Combat)

Max: 21

Hitpoints: 610

Time: 69

Notes: This guy is the best combat familiar you have gotten in a while... Yeah, his special owns. However, specials should only be used in PvP, so this guy would be ideal to use during PvP. This guy shouldn't be used if you have a Wolpertinger unless it's PvP and your using scrolls, or if his huge size doesn't matter, and the monster is weak to range.

Side Note: A Runite minotaur last 150 minutes, and slightly worse than Swamp titans. They are the best Defense experience familiar, besides Iron titans.

5th: Swamp titan (85, 152 Combat)

Max: 16

Hitpoints: 152

Experience: Attack

Time: 56

Size:

Notes: Pretty underrated, but they aren't even close to as good as Geyser titans. Runite minotaur could be used if you want the 150 minutes it lasts for.

Side note: I heard that Hydras are better than Spirit Dagannoths. Testing is required. (Max hit of 15)

6th: Spirit Dagannoth (83, 148 Combat)

Max: 14, with special affect.

Hitpoints: 528

Experience: Controlled

Time: 57

Size: Medium

Notes:"Ferocious - chance of attacking again without delay." This means that it can Attack twice in a row, just like the Granite maul special Attack. Yes, it is better than the Lava titan.

7th: Moss, Fire, Ice titans (79, 139 Combat)

Max: 15

Hitpoints: 476

Experience: Strength Moss, Magic Fire, Attack Ice

Time: 58 Moss, 62 Fire, 64 Ice

Notes: The 3 starter Pokémons! Im just kidding, lol. Anyways, each have their uses, with Fire being the best, then Moss, then Ice. Ice is pretty much useless, as Strength experience is considered to be worth more than Attack or Defense. (This is a fact due to the Abyssal whip). Fire is magic based, and that is a very good thing as most monsters are weak to mage. (Not all, but a good amount) Magic experience is worth more than melee. Their special cures 8 Hitpoints and 13 Defense. (Maxed)

8th: Talon beast (77, 135 Combat)

Max: 5, but they hit 3 times.

Hitpoints: 454

Experience: Strength

Time: 49

Notes: They don't hit 1000x faster than normal familiars do. Although they seem like they do. They hit 3 times almost instantly, but there is a delay afterwards. Also, I would like to make note that they're secondary ingredient makes them not worth making. (Totally wrong section, yet I thought I should mention that...)

Side note: Granite lobsters are most likely better. I need to confirm.

9th: Obsidian golem (73, 126 Combat)

Max: 14

Hitpoints: 406

Experience: Strength

Time: 55

Notes: They have a special that increases your Strength. (Not sure how much, but I say Super Strength is far better so it's unimportant... to a degree).

10th: Karamthuhlu overlord (58, 95 Combat)

Max: 10

Hitpoints: 276

Time: 44

Size: Small

Notes: These are pretty useful, and these are extremely behind the next useful fighting familiars. I guess it shows how bad everything is in between, lol. Jagex failed. These are very comparable to the Spirit kyatt.

11th: Spirit kyatt (57, 93 Combat)

Max: 10, with special affect

Hitpoints: 268

Experience: Attack

Notes: These are the lowest level fighter familiars that you should use. Anything under isn't worth the hassle. These are weaker than the Karamthuhlu overlord, but their first hit is tripled, making its max 30. So for a low Hitpoints monster, use these. For monsters with high Hitpoints, use the Karamthuhlu.

• [/hide]

[hide=Healer familiars]1st: Unicorn stallion (88)

Hitpoints: 100

Hostile: No

Notes: These are the king of healing familiars, curing 14 Hitpoints each scroll. That translates into 21 Hitpoints/minute, but their scroll is quite costly, so beware. These provide quick healing, unlike the Bunyip. They're rick click ability "Cure" cures poison, but provides no immunity. So it doesn't replace the Super anti poison.

2nd: Bunyip (68)

Hitpoints: 40

Time: 44

Notes: These cures 2 Hitpoints automatically every 15 seconds. This translates into 8 Hitpoints per minute. So why did this familiar earn second place? First, they give Hitpoints automatically which means they require no effort to cure, which is very useful while slaying hard monsters. Also, they're extremely cheap to used, not even comparable to Unicorns. Also, they're special ability allows you to eat raw fish, (if you have the cooking level to cook them) which is especially useful at Waterfiends. (The animation of eating is lagless, which means you can Attack as though nothing happened. There is a delay between when you want the Hitpoints, and when you get it though.)

5th: Void spinner (34)

Hitpoints: 59

Time: 27

Hostile: Yes

Notes: A miniature version of a Bunyip in most aspects, curing 1 Hitpoints every 15 seconds.

The Albino rat, Elemental titans, and Fruit bat are combat choices, but not for Slayer.

• [/hide]

[hide=Beasts of Burden]1st: Pack yak (96)

Slots: 30

Time: 58

Notes: These holds 30 spaces, which is 65% more than the second place. They also have a special that allows you to bank 1 item it is holding. Although that may sound useless, it's uses are definite. It consumes 12 points (2.5 per minute) and you can use it to bank items such as Dragon bones and hides, mining Runite ores, and much more. It is also cheaper than the War tortoise.

2nd: War tortoise (67)

Slots: 18

Time: 67

Notes: Controversy starts here. The War tortoise costs approximately 5,000 each, while the Spirit terrorbird is around 200 each. Big difference right? But 6 inventories is a lot, but not always necessary during Slayer.

3rd: Spirit terrorbird (52)

Slots: 12

Time: 36

Notes:Read above, to War tortoises. These guys are cheap. Dead cheap, along with their scrolls. They are also extremely useful, and have many applications. I would recommend this unless you need the inventory spaces of the War tortoise.

4th: Bull ant (40)

Slots: 9

Time: 30

Notes: It's your first useful Beasts of burden, and it's very useful. In fact, the energy restoration is equal to that of a Spirit terrorbird! (Half of your agility level) However, they also cost A LOT more, over 10x more.

Side note: Other Beasts of burden include: Spirit kalphites (25, 6 slots) and Thorny snail (13, 3 slots)

• [/hide]

External sources of Slayer

[hide=Jade vine]

• [/hide]

[hide=Bork]You can only kill Bork once a day. Bork is located in the Chaos tunnels, and he gives 250 Slayer xp, 7 Crimsons, 5 Blues, 2 greens, and 3000-9825. He attacks with melee, and he is assisted by Surok, who occasionally attack and has a max hit of 25. He also summons a few Ork legions which attack with Range and Melee. Just ignore them.

You should wear Karils, a Godsword (whip is fine), and the familiar really doesn't matter. Turn on Protection from melee, and Piety. He is pretty easy, I just take whatever familiar is available. The best is a combat familiar or a Unicorn, though. You could take Proselyte if you are higher leveled, or if you are already there and you don't want to go all the way to the bank just to get new equipment. I would suggest a Super set, although a combat potion alone is more than enough. I would take 1 Super energy potion, and 1 Prayer potion if you have no prayer left. A couple monkfish will suffice.

You could possibly do Ranging. There are safespots, as shown in the picture as shown below. You could Protect from Magic, and safespot the Ork legions. However, Bork has an extremely high Ranging defense. You should use Diamond bolts (e) if you can, as it will speed up the kills alot. Bork has a reasonably low Magic defense, but it costs alot and it isn't very fast, so I would advise against it.

(I will add the safespot soon.)

So, is it worth going all the way there? Well, it takes 1 minute and 15 seconds to get there, 1 minute and 45 seconds to kill it making it a grand total of 3 minutes if you are higher leveled. If you are lower leveled or Ranging, it could even take 4, or even 5 minutes. The reward is 250 Slayer xp, ~5k gp, and ~7k Summoning xp for ~3 minutes. That's 5000 Slayer xp, 100k gp, and 140k Summoning xp per hour! If you can, always do this daily. Also, it is worth a mention that if you decide not to, you should always go kill the bork if you have a Nechryael, Black demon, or a Dust devil task.

(Don't worry, the Bronze dragons won't attack you unless you run near them.)

The youtube video will tell you how to get there.

• [/hide]

Common sense?

[hide=Safespots - Not just Ranging]Obviously, Halberds, Ranging and Maging hugely benefit from exploiting obstacles. However, Melee also hugely benefits from the usage of obstales, if used properly. If you are being attacked by 3 Baby black dragons, and a Green dragon, you could reduce the damage intake by 4 times! This is extremely simple. Basically, just position yourself and the monsters to block themselves, so they will line up in a line. You could also use the walls of a cave or stalagmites to eliminate another approach. A familiar does not count as an obstacle.

There is also another very simple case. Let's say you are at Scarabites, and you are being piled by many Magic, Melee, and Range scarabites. Range does the most damage, so you use Protection from Range. However, there are many of the Magers and Meleers attacking you, so you kill the Mages, ignoring the Ranging and Meleers. After the Magers are dead, the Meleers and Rangers are attacking you. If you apply some common sense, you could figure out that due to their huge size, you can trap the Meleers behind the Rangers. This will render the Meleers out of range, Rangers useless due to Prayer, and all the Magers are dead.

• [/hide]

[hide=Attack delay]Attack delay is something that could really affect your Slayer xp. When I say attack delay, I don't mean when a KBD freezes you. Attack delay could completely be prevented if you know how.

The first and most common source of delay is picking up loot. There are two forms of this: one is waiting for the monster to die to pick up its drop, which is a big waste of time, or running 15 steps just to pick up that Blue charm. These both waste huge amounts of time.

When the monster you just killed goes into the dying animation, do not wait for it to die. Instead, go to the next monster, and you can come back to pick up the loot when you are already close to it. Also, when you are picking up your loot, make sure you pick up one item, attack, then continue the process.

Also, some tasks, such as Wyverns, they drop many bones. They drop too many for you to bank them all, but they are worth burying. You could bury the bone, and continue to attack if you time it. This also applies to Potions, putting items in your Beasts of Burden, and some extreme people use the Lunar magic spell Humidify, while not losing any Attack turns! Yes, this system is very exploitable, so don't be afraid to experiment.

[hide=]

• [/hide]

The slayer tasks

[hide=Finally, this is the meat of this guide]Yeah, this is the section that you've all been waiting for. I will describe where, how, and everything else you need to know for your Slayer needs.

These will be in Alphabetical order, so it will be easy to search for monsters. The Parenthesis () means the Slayer level required to slay them. I will include all tasks for Duradel's task list, so if you use Sumona, I'm (not) sorry. Just use Duradel, he's that much better. But before I start, please read the equipment sections below.

• [/hide]

[hide=Standard equipment]I will add in the pictures soon.

The standard equipment is what you wear to most slayer tasks, although some require tweaking. Lol, I would like to apologize for the fact that I don't have perfect equipment. If you want to know what they are, just go up and look at the section about equipment.

This is the standard equipment. If you want Prayer boost, wear a Proselyte plate and legs, and if youre fighting a magic based monster, wear Karils top and skirt. Also, remember that there are many setups that will be discussed, and that these are just the basic forms of those.

* Replace the Skillcape with a Fire cape when your not using Protection prayers, or Piety.

summonbt4.png

• [/hide]

[hide=Standard inventory]This will be here until I have inventory pictures for each task. Until then, just use this as a basic guideline. Sorry for the inconvinience.

These are the standard inventories during Slayer tasks. Obviously, these aren't "facts" so you should feel free to replace items to however it suits you.

*NOTE* Sorry, I forgot to add DDS in some of the pictures. Bring them to all tasks, unless you have a SGS.

Melee, 10% Prayer/No prayer, Multicombat

* If you are not using 10% Strength prayer, don't take 5 Prayer potions are replace them with More food.

stats215028hw1.png

Melee, Piety, Multicombat

stats215438uq8.png

Melee, Non-multicombat, Piety/10% Strength prayer/none

* You can bring a Beasts of burden to bring extra Prayer potions if you're using Piety, or healing familiars. You wouldn't need any food, so you can fill your inventory with Prayer pots, making it ideal to use at least 10% Strength Prayer.

* Bring a Holy wrench is you use Prayer.

stats220920xk8.png

Melee, Cannon, no Prayer/10% Prayer/Piety/Protection Prayer

* The amount of Cannonballs differ for each task.

* If you decide to Prayer, experiment a bit. If you're using Protection/Piety, fill your inventory with Prayer potions. If you're only using 10% Strength prayer, bring 5 Prayer pots. Remember, this widely differs for each task.

* If you're using Protection prayer, make sure to use a Zamorak brew instead, and don't bring any Super defense potions. Don't bring any food as well.

stats220833zb4.png

Range, Cannon/no cannon, Prayer/no Prayer

* If you're ranging, use a safespot. Ideal food would be Wines, due to their extremely low price. Bring 3-4 Range potions, although you will probably need less.

* If you're cannoning, bring a Cannon and Cannonballs.

* If you're using 10% Range Prayer, bring 5-7 Prayer potions and a Holy wrench.

* You cannot use a Combat familiar while using a safespot, so it may be ideal to bring a Beasts of burden, as food isn't needed as well.

stats220547yd5.png

• [/hide]

[hide=Prayer?]I will sometimes say to not Piety/Strength prayer, but you ALWAYS should. When I say this, I'm saying it will benefit you less than normal.

• [/hide]

[hide=Aberrant Spectres (60)](Based on 2421 kills. Gold-10% Green-6.57% Crimson-4.54% Blue-5.37%)

Notable drops: Rune full helms, Herbs, Herb seeds, Black mystic bottom, and Clue scroll.

There are many methods to go about killing this highly underrated monster. They are the best Herb droppers in the game, and not to mention they drop many Clue scrolls and Herb seeds, along with Lava battle staffs, Black mystic bottom, and Runite full helms all very commonly. They are Blue charm droppers, so they aren't the best charm droppers. I usually end up with 10 of each charm, which isn't bad. However, they pack quite a punch, so it is recommended you use Protection from Magic.

They are located in two locations. One is the Slayer tower, and another is the Slayer well. They are both viable locations to kill Aberrant specters, the Slayer tower isn't quite as good.

Method 1 - Prayer and Cannon - This method is the recommended method. You will take a cannon to the Slayer well, where you will just simply kill them. It is extremely fast experience, and they drop enough Ranarrs and other Herbs to cover the costs. Remember, this is the recommended method but definitely not the only. For the familiar your choices are a Combat familiar or a Beasts of burden. I would personally use a Combat familiar if you have a Geyser titan+, but if not bring a War tortoise/Bird. (War tortoise will result in more profit. If you have a Pack yak, obviously use it.)

080927223906fm3.png

stats155405sb5.png

* This inventory is with Piety, but you can take 1 out if you're using Super strength, and 2 off if you're not.

* Use a Pharoah's sceptre if you don't have a Slayer's ring. A House teleport would be better.

Wear standard equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Prayer and melee - Well, this method is a lot slower than method 1. However, it doesn't take ~1k cannonballs for each task. You can either kill them in the Slayer well or the Slayer tower. Both are easily accessible with the Slayer ring, but they both have their uses. Slayer tower is non multi combat, but aggressive. If youre using a Beasts of burden, as aggressiveness leads to much simpler and less attention demanding killing. However, if you want to speed it up go to the Slayer well. It is multi combat, so you can use a combat familiar. The bad part is they aren't aggressive, and they don't drop Mystic bottoms. (Can anybody provide a confirmation please? I've done at least 5 tasks there without a Mystic drop... I usually get one every 1-2 tasks at Slayer tower.) I would also like to note that you can kill them in the Well without a Slayer mask (Nosepeg instead). You will be brought to 1 Hitpoints, but the poisonous gas will never kill you. In fact, I used this method quite a bit before I obtained the Slayer mask. (Wear a salve amulet if you don't have a Slayer mask) If you use this location and don't have a Slayer helmet, make sure you bring a Restore potion as the Banshees lower you stats.

stats155728hc3.png

* If you're using Super strength, bring 2-3 more Prayer potions, but bring 7-11 more if you're using Piety. Don't piety though, as explained below.

* You may have to do more than 1 trip if you're using Piety, so I would advise against it, because then you would have to bring p pots in your BoB, which eliminates the whole purpose of this.

Wear standard equipment, but replace top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 3 - Melee with no prayer - As I've said, they pack quite a punch with their Magic attacks. This means you will bank quite a bit... which in this case, is a good thing! This allows you to not only pick up Ranarrs, but all high level herbs which results in more money made per task. I would personally use a Beasts of burden, but you could use a Unicorn Stallion to stay longer. This, however, literally destroys the purpose of using this method... Kill them in the Slayer tower.

stats160122ih4.png

* If you're using Super strength, bring 3 extra prayer potions. If you're using Piety (pointless) bring 6 Prayer potions. (More if you could last longer...)

* Fill your Beasts of Burden with Food. If you have a Pack yak and Winter storage scrolls, bring much more Prayer potions if you're using Prayer.

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Karils top and skirt. Black dragon hide can be a substitute, but Aberrant spectres hit so high that it is worth using Karils.

• [/hide]

[hide=Abyssal demons (85)](Based on 1455 kills. Gold-4.42% Green-3.92% Crimson-32.16% Blue-0.96%)

Notable drops: Abyssal whip, Pure essence, Abyssal demon head, a variety of Runite items, a variety of runes.

Abyssal demons are the monster that dropped the highly coveted Abyssal whips. Before, they were extremely common and you were easily able to gain 3m+ gp/hour. (Or 20+ million when the first few people obtained 85 slayer) However, time passed, prices stabilized and crashed. Now, you barely make even close to as much cash, but they drop... CHARMS!

Did you know? That when Summoning was introduced, they dropped no charms? That was soon corrected (Summoning batch 2) when Jagex learned that Abyssal demons aren't as great as they once were.

This is a monster that I would advise using 10% Strength prayer against. Although you obviously don't have to, it is highly recommended. Also, piety is also very useful here. The Attack bonuses really does help at a monster like Abyssal demons, so heck, it's an option.

There are two locations to kill them. The Alternate abyss, which is the more preferable one, only requires the access of Fairy codes (ALR). However, unless you have over 118 combat the Abyssal guardians will be hostile towards you, just like wild dogs until 127 combat. If you don't have 118 combat, go to the Slayer tower. It's pretty basic, but don't forget your Nosepeg/Slayer helm! It helps if you have a Slayer ring, as it allows faster access to Abyssal demons.

The actual killing is quite simple. They have pretty high Defense and an extremely low offence, so don't expect fast combat experience from here. Instead, they are more of a hybrid of Combat experience, cash, and charms. (as inefficient as they may be) They teleport you around, as well as teleporting themselves towards you if you try to run! That means always turn auto retaliate ON, because when it teleports you, your attack cycle is interrupted but you won't lose an attack turn if you have your auto retaliate on.

summongg8.png

You can bring a Bunyip, Unicorn, or a Terrorbird. If you piety, I would bring a Terrorbird as you need the extra inventory spaces for Prayer potions. If you bring a Unicorn, you can wear a Proselyte leg for added prayer bonus.

Wear standard equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte top and Verac's skirt. If youre using Piety and using a Unicorn, you could replace Verac's skirt with a Proselyte leg. if you're not using any Prayer, you could wear a Bandos plate, Fighter torso, or a Rune plate.

stats172108yd8.png

* If you're not using Strength prayer, bring no Prayer pots and a Fighter torso, Rune plate, or Bandos. If you're using Piety (Highy recommended) then bring 15 Prayer potions. Yes, this means you should bring a Beasts of burden. SGS is especially ideal, then. It is possible without an SGS, but you'll probably need to bank once.

* The familiar really depends on which Prayer you use. You'll need at least 3 pouches. (Picture is wrong.)

• [/hide]

[hide=Black demon (0)]Chaos tunnels, not Tavelry.(Based on 1310 kills. Gold- 22.29%Green-11.53% Crimson-43.05% Blue-2.67%)

Notable drops: Rune chain and med helm.

Yay for one of the most underrated monsters in the game! This monster is probably known to be as bad as he is because of the massive amount of people who range him in the Tavelry dungeon (They have HUGE life). That is a stupid idea, mainly because the ones in Chaos tunnels drop Charms much more often. This is because Jagex made one type of Black demon drop no charms, and another drop a massive amount of charms. To make Tavelry a little better, they decided to add some of the Black demons that drops charms in Tavelry. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't use the ones in Tavelry at all. There is the option of Cannoning, which speeds up the task considerably!

They drop many Runite mediums, Runite chainbodies, and Ranarrs every task. As I've said, they have massive HITPOINTS, enough to even say that they are one of the highest. Their max hit is 14, and they hit quite accurately. I love these tasks, as they have one of the best Charm drop rates in the game (Almost comes to par with Waterfiends), but they have (again) a huge amount of Hitpoints which slows the charms down. (But comes with A LOT of experience)

So which is better - Tavelry or Chaos tunnels? Unless you already have high Summoning and don't want any more, the answer is Chaos tunnels. Also, remember that you can use a combat familiar in the Chaos tunnels.

Method 1 - Melee + Prayer, Chaos tunnels - If you've read my Summoning guide, you know how good they are for charms. It is multi combat, which means you can use a Combat familiar. The other option is to use a Beasts of burden, which allows you to Piety. (This is a good task to use it on, although you don't need the Defense, obviously) There are 4 in this room, and I recommend the 2 on the east unless there is somebody already there. If somebody is already there, the west works perfectly fine but it is cramped and it is harder to use the combat familiar.

It is pretty simple to kill them, like many other Slayer monsters. Just Attack them, and call your combat familiar. If you use 10% Strength, use a combat familiar but if you use piety I really would recommend a Beasts of burden familiar.

081020204455sm3.png

stats160945ke6.png

* If you're using Super strength, bring 3 extra Prayer potions. If you're using Piety, bring an extra 10+.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - Well, this isn't really accessible for most people. It requires 88 Summoning, which is one hell of a task. Anyways, if you have it, thats definitely beneficial for you. However, it requires you to pay much more attention than praying, and you lose speed due to not having the ability to use a Combat familiar. If you're going to do this, using piety will help A LOT. Sadly, you can't use a Proselyte top or anything, so you'll be lacking some prayer bonus... However, I say it's worth it as you also save scrolls. BUT it's not, because it kills the purpose of this method.

stats160945ke6.png

* Do NOT use Piety here, as it kills the purpose of this method.

* Take out Holy wrench unless you're using Strength prayer. Take 4 Prayer potions if so.

Wear standard melee equipment.

Method 3 - Ranging - In my Summoning guide, I mentioned this as being "The only viable range monsters for charms." That being said, these can be ranged. But... you lose the ability to use a Black mask, which is huge. But then again, by the time you get 99 Slayer you want 99 Range, so why not? Use the top passage as a safespot, and kill the ones to the east and west. You can't use a combat familiar while ranging, which is also another bad point.

stats161555lc4.png

* If you're using Range prayer, bring 6 extra Prayer potions. (Inventory spaces is not an issue.)

* Possibly bring a Spirit terrorbird for extra inventory spaces if you want to pick up smaller loot.

Wear standard Range equipment.

Method 4: Ranging and Cannon - Well, this is the fastest, and can even be said the most efficient... err... if it wasn't for charms. This method gives almost no charms, compared to the ~50 crimson a task at Black demons. If you really want the fast experience, go for it. However, Slayer is best trained in conjunction with Summoning, so...

Anyways, here is this method. First, get into the room with the Black demons. I'll assume you know how, but if not, look at a map. Then, go to the very north east, set your cannon and range from here:

(picture)

stats162005kz6.png

* You must use Range prayer here, as you are looking for speed here. That's the whole point of sacrifising all those charm drops.

Use standard range equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=King black dragon (Black dragon)(0)]Notable drops: Black dragonhide, Dragon bones, Rune longsword, Adamant platebody, King black dragon head, and Dragonic visage.

I decided to separate all 3 Black dragons because I can go extremely in depth for the KBD, and they are so different.

If you get a Black dragon task, remember that this is a great option! These also drop Black dragonhides and bones, giving constant profit. Also, these drop the highly sought Dragonic visage! You could either go with a team or solo, but I will recommend solo. This is because lootshare worlds are packed with newbs. The thing I love about the King black dragon (From now on going to be dubbed KBD) is that there are MANY methods to kill them, and Ill be covering most of them! (Yay!) Melee solo is the best method, though. Remember that these drop charms very commonly and in packs of 4, making it by far the best out of the 3 Black dragons.

But before that, I will be discussing how to get there. There are many choices, but I will be covering the best methods.

1) Requires 96 Magic (92 with Magic potion) Do not use a Wolpertinger to teleport, although regular potions works fine. This is because you will have to sacrifice Beasts of Burdens. You will be at the Ice platue next to Ice giants, so run south east. This is EXTREMELY fast, but you must be on Ancient magicks, with the spell Ghorrock teleport. (2 Laws, 8 waters. 2 inventory spaces consumed)

2) Lava titans. Though they dont require a hefty Magic level, they arent as close and you cant use a Beasts of burden! Although this is overall bad, it does have its merits. First, it is the fastest method to get to the King black dragon. You can now have much inventory spaces if you decide to summon a Beasts of burden familiar (Bad idea though, since a Unicorn/Bunyip is better.) Walk along the Lava maze. So this doesnt really have a bunch of good points, except the banking is much quicker than method 3.

The ladder is the King black dragon's lair! Yes, it's that close!

081018154150xp9.png

3) This is a more recent method, but definitely good. Teleport to Bounty hunter using your Games necklace, and walk a little southeast to a portal. Keep randomly teleporting around until you get to the one next to the King black dragon. This replaced the old method, which was using the Ardougne lever, and walking all the way to the King black dragon. (as this current one have no requirements as well)

OMG A REVENANT!

Pushover, seriously. Revenants are as stupid as a rock, literally. They dont know how to *walk around* obstacles. Seriously, abuse their stupidity. They can teleblock you, which is the most annoying thing they can do. Besides that, they have the ability to deal damage and freeze you. Just run south and eat, while praying range (They freeze with this, not their mage!). When you exit the wilderness, your teleblock will dissipate, allowing you to bank and retry. Or, the second option is if you are next to a tree or an obstacle, trap them, log off, and switch worlds.

/Revenants, lol.

Ok, now were there, past the annoying obstacles Jagex calls Revenants. What now? Well, you should see many lesser demons. Pot up, go down the ladder, and pull the lever in the room with Poisonous spiders. (Note that if youre teleblocked, you cant go into the KBDs lair.) What you do once your inside depends on the route you decided to take.

Method 1 - Team, Melee/Range - If you decided to kill them in a team, this is what you do. First, go in. You and your team should be ready, potted up and praying. Unlike the newer bosses in Runescape, this one doesnt lock onto one target. This means itll keep twirling around, (It looks like an idiot while doing that, lol.) and attacking random targets. If you decided to bring a Godsword, itll be tough for you. Only do this with a team. Pray range, and pot up your Anti fire potion. Theyre max hit isnt that high, but watch your Hitpoints and your prayer. If you decided to go with a team with standard melee and a (Anti)dragonfire shield, itll be simple. Just whack away. Same applies for range. Yeah, going with a team is easy.

stats154443jd5.png

* Depending on the size of your team, adjust you inventory.

* Bring a Beasts of Burden if possible, and put food, but keep some of it empty to pick up drops.

* You can also use a Bunyip if you use a Lava Titan.

* Unicorns OWN. Use them if you can, it basically destroys the point of food in a large team.

For range, wear standard range equipment but an Anti dragonfire shield.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a Karils top and skirt, and a (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

Method 2 - Solo Melee/Range -

Now if you solo, its a different story. I will be going more in depth for this one, as there is more to cover. Dont use a Godsword here, youll be getting hit too constantly and theres nobody to bless your grave if you happen to meet a revenant while trying to retrieve you grave. If you use an Abyssal whip, its pretty simple as well. Make sure you use piety. Try to empty out your Beasts of burden as soon as possible, especially if youre using a Titan/Unicorn! (Bunyip too) They have a hefty Defense, so dont expect too much kills per trip.

If you range, its almost the same as melee. Use 10% range prayer, and Protect from mage. If you use Ruby bolts for the dragons first half life and Diamond for the second half, youll be getting kills pretty quick. Probably only passed by melee if you are on a Slayer task.

However, soloing comes with its downfalls. Not only do you get less kills per trip, but you can get crashed! If you do happen to get crashed, try to fight them back. Thats what I do (although Im 133 combat during the time this was typed) Give him all you got. Repot, piety, and unleash your specials. Try to make the guy switch worlds. However, if you just cant, retreat to a corner of the room. The KBD should focus on the crasher as long as you dont Attack it. Same goes if youre in a team, although if you are in a good team, this probably wont happen

stats154443jd5.png

* Bring a Beasts of Burden if you can, and put a full inventory of food in it.

* If you can, use a Unicorn. It will extend the trip greatly. One pouch will suffice.

* These prayer potions is with Piety and Portection from melee. There is just too much competetion and the King's defense is too high for you not to. There is no replacement for Piety here.

If meleeing, standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with Proselyte plate and legs, and (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

If ranging, wear standard range equipment but replace the shield with a (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Black dragon (0)]Ok, by far the worst method to do a Black dragon task, ironically. Kill them in the evil chicken room in Zanaris, and range them. Seriously, don't do this method, it's THAT bad.

stats162203sd8.png

* Bring a raw chicken if you're using Zanaris, or Falador teleports if using Tavelry.

Wear standard range equipment, but use an (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Baby black dragon(0)]Notable drops: Green dragonhide and Dragon bones. It drops only charms if you don't kill the adult dragons.

*You do need a (Anti)Dragonfire shield!* Well, they're the weakest of the 3. Sadly, they are the most efficient, but KBD is much more fun, lol. Any who, you kill them in the Chaos tunnels and they drop nothing but a few charms. To get there, go to the Chaos tunnels entrance at 13 wilderness next to the wilderness portal, and you should be a room filled with Cave bugs. Go northeast, and enter the portal. Now you should be in a room with Green dragons and Baby black dragons. Go even more northeast, then you should be in a room with 3 Babies (1 outside that sometimes wonders in) and 1 Green dragon.

You will definetely be waiting in between kills, so it is a good idea to kill the Green dragon for its drops. I would bring a Beasts of Burden, although you could bring a combat familiar and only attack the Green dragon while waiting for spawns.

You can use a two handed weapon for specials (the SGS) if you trap the Green dragon behind the Baby black as shown in the picture. (Or between spawns/when it loses agressiveness)

081020163940tv8.png

stats162537bz8.png

* If using Strength prayer, bring 3 Prayer potions. If using Piety, bring 6.

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the shield with (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Bloodvelds (50)]Mutated bloodvelds (Based on 1665 kills. Gold-42.10% Green-5.05% Crimson-4.08% Blue-0.96%)

Bloodvelds (Based on 533 kills. Gold-10.13% Green-32.27% Crimson-5.63% Blue-1.13%)

Mutated notable drops: Dragon med helm, Blood rune (It's rare; so contradictory...), Chaos rune, Rune (adamant too) Knife.

Normal notable drops: Rune med helm and Blood rune (rare...).

Bloodvelds are one of the fastest slayer tasks in the game. You have the ability to cannon, and it speeds up the task by a load. They don't drop much, bad for charms, but they have a monstrous amount of Hitpoints, and they do a lot of damage so make sure you pray melee if you kill Mutated Bloodvelds. The other method is to kill the weaker Bloodvelds, but Ill get more in depth later.

Method 1 - Cannon + Melee + Pray - Alright, this is the best method to kill these. First, go to the Blood altar and head southeast, until you are in the room with many mutated Bloodvelds. Set your cannon down, and fire away! Seriously, it's that simple here. They drop a few gold charms, and your familiar might die, lol. It's an easy task that doesn't demand attention, but watch out! If your prayer runs out, you die fast. You spend a lot of cannonballs here, over 2000 each task. It's still one of the best slayer tasks in the game. I would not recommend you 10% pray here, as your cannon will be doing a lot of the work.

081017201035um7.png

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Cannon + Melee + Pray - What? Same method? Well, no. Basically do the exact same thing as method 1, except go to the room to the west. There will be normal cannonable Bloodvelds there, and it doesn't require you to pray. Again, use a combat familiar and cannon. This is a lot slower than method 1, and I don't see a need in doing this method. I could go on and on about how inefficient it is, but I decided to show you through a picture. The VS is to make it dramatic. :lol:

081019155352im2.png

Wear standard melee equipment but replace top and bottom with Karils top and skirt.

Method 3 - Melee - Very fast for just meleeing, but it doesn't come close to method 2, let alone method 1. I would do this only if you havent done Legacy of Seergaze, which I HIGHLY recommend you do. Go to the Slayer tower and melee them. It is possible to range, but I would just melee as it is much faster. Use a Bunyip if you have one.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace top and bottom with Karils top and skirt.

• [/hide]

[hide=Dagannoths(0)]Light house(Based on 1163 kills. Gold-23.65% Green-3.53% Crimson-9.11% Blue-0.77%)

Lightower notable drops: A few seeds

Chaos tunnels: Fremennik items, Dagannoth hides, Spined gloves and Spined boots.

There are 2 methods to kill them, and they are completely opposite. One is fast, low charms, and costly while another is slower, decent charms, and profitable. Dagannoths hit quite hard depending on where you go, so expect to pray.

Method 1: Melee + Cannon - This is the best method to go about doing these. They are currently the fastest Slayer experience in the game, so even with their low charm drop rate, charms come extremely fast. Even faster than the other method, by far. First, teleport to Barbarian outpost using your dueling ring, and then run north. Get inside the tower, and go down the ladder. Go to the middle of the room, and set your cannon. There are plenty of newbs here, sadly. Use a combat familiar.

080928164313hx6.png

stats162900ct6.png

* Bring 2 more Prayer potions if you're using Super strength, or 10 if you're using Piety.

Method 2: Melee - Yay for charms. This is another great way to go about doing this, and it's a lot more profitable, too. Basically, you protect from range, and you whack away. They drop many Fremennik items which you alch, crimson charms, and a few hides which sell for 5k+. If you make around 847k+ gp/hour (did the math before) go to the Lightower.

To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Go out through the other exit into the Dust devil room. (you don't need a facemask but DON'T Attack them!) Go west into black demons, go west again into a room with Earth warriors and northwest into the Dagannoth room.

stats162900ct6.png

* If you're using Strength prayer, bring 2 extra Prayer potions. If you're using Piety, bring 5 Prayer potions.

Wear standard equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs.

• [/hide]

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Dark beast(90)]*Will add info later, maybe when I obtain enough information on it*

• [/hide]

[hide=Dust devils(65)](Based on 1019 kills. Gold-11.78% Green-6.67% Crimson-25.71% Blue-0.79%)

Notable drops: Dragon chainbody, Rune arrows, various Runes, Rune dagger, Earth battlestaff, Red dragon vambraces, Herbs, Ugthanki kebab and Bones. (For food)

Please, stop. The Dragon chain drop is EXTREMELY rare from them. 1/20,000 rare, so don't expect one just from doing Slayer. It's a possibility, yes, but don't bank on it. Besides that, though, they are a very good source of combat experience, and good for charms as well. They come with some decent drops, such as Runite arrows and many alchables. They also have very low Defense. There are two locations to kill them - The chaos tunnels or the Smokey well. The Smokey well is non multi combat, is cannonable, but you can't use a combat familiar. A notable healing method is Bones to peaches tabletes. It is especially helpful here, as you can't use Guthan's. If you can't finish a whole task without the use of Healing familiars (you should use combat) then use Bones to peaches.

Method 1 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - Here the Dust devils are very close together, resulting in very easy experience. It should be noted that you should use a combat familiar here, it will speed things up. I personally kill them around the east, as there are many dust devils and there tends to be less people there.

To get here, To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Now head to the other exit, and you'll be there!

081001202537hc9.png

stats193808ss1.png

* If you're using Strength prayer, bring 3 Prayer potions. If you're using Piety, bring 6 Prayer potions.

* If you're using a Bunyip, you really don't need food.

Wear standard equipment, but replace your helmet with a Facemask if you don't have a Slayer helmet.

Method 2 - Cannon and melee, Smokey wells - This method is much more costly, and a little faster. It is very possible to kill them at using a Cannon, but they aren't that many and they are pretty split up. Go to the main room, which is the very southwest. Set your cannon up, and melee. However, you can't use a combat familiar. Overall, this method is worse than the Chaos tunnels.

stats194107rs9.png

* If you're using Strength prayer, bring 2 Prayer potions. If you're using Piety, bring 5 Prayer potions.

Wear standard equipment, but replace your helmet with a Facemask if you don't have a Slayer helmet.

• [/hide]

[hide=Fire giants(0)](Based on 1038 kills. Gold-57.32% Green-9.06% Crimson-4.34% Blue-6.43%)

Fire giants have a very low Defense, they drop many gold charms, and have a decent drop list. There are many locations to kill them, and they can be quite crowded at times at the Waterfall. I don't recommend using the Brimhaven location, as you might as well use the Chaos tunnels. It's easier to access, multi combat, and no wild dogs (which automatically makes it not worth it if you under 127 combat).

Method 1 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - To get there, go to the Zamorak mage and go northeast for about 3 seconds, and go in the hole. If youre in the room with the Giant rock crabs, you're in the right spot. Go directly west and you'll be there. It is multicombat, so you don't want to stand right in the middle and get mashed around. Hide in a corner, and blow the whistle as the fire giants Attack to call your familiar. You should have enough food if your higher leveled, but you if you are lower you might have to do two. Piety helps a lot here.

080930221255mo6.png

Method 2 - Range and cannon/no cannon, Waterfall - I, personally, don't suggest this spot. Although this spot is faster, it takes a lot of hopping worlds to find a world. Basically, hide at the entrance (where everybody hides) and set up your cannon in the middle. Fire away, and range them while you're in your safespot. If youre not cannoning, just hide there and range. Remember if they are not aggressive towards you, you can hide behind the table and chairs.

Wear standard range equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=Gargoyles(75)](Based on 609 kills. Gold-9.8% Green-4.9% Crimson-5.67% Blue-6.43%)

* To those who have a slow computer, mouse, or other disfuctional computer parts/health problems. Gargoyles are extremely jittery, which means they fly up and down, making it hard to use a Hammer on them.

They aren't a bad task at all. If you kill them in Chaos tunnels (recommended) you can use a combat familiar. If not, just go to the Slayer tower. Try to be fast when clicking these, and have the hammer already on the Gargoyle before it's Hitpoints bar goes down. Remember, this Gargoyles aren't actually a bad task.

Wear standard melee equipment, except wear a Saradomin sword if you have it.

• [/hide]

[hide=Goraks(0)]NO CHARMS

These are fast to kill, but they drop no charms. When you start killing these, you'll notice very quickly their very high drop rate of unnoted gems and Loop half keys. They hit through protection prayers. These are located at the God war dungeon and at another area accessible through the Fairy rings. I highly recommend you don't kill them at God war dungeon however, as they are extremely slow experience.

The Goraks we'll be killing can be accessed by using the Fairy code DIR. If youre in the Fairy ring, they won't Attack you. However, the moment you step out they will become highly aggressive towards you, and even if you step back into the Fairy ring they will still remain aggressive.

Method 1 - Cannon + Piety + Melee - Set your cannon down, and melee away. Try to get 2 shots every spin of the cannon. I would highly recommend you piety here as well, the extra Defense boost helps a lot. Obviously since it is non multi, I would recommend you use a Healer familiar. You don't need a beasts of burden even if you piety as the number assigned per task is extremely small.

Method 2 - Range + Cannon/no cannon - There are many safespots here, so Ranging is a perfectly viable choice. You can also use a cannon, it will speed you up greatly.

Wear standard ranging equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=Greater demons(0)](Based on 609 kills. Gold-6.08% Green-4.6% Crimson-26.11% Blue-1.15%)

At first glance, they are a reasonably good task. Decent drops, decent charms, and an (somewhat below) average experience. However, don't judge a book by its cover. This task is very crowded, and aren't many spawns even in the best of locations. There are many locations to kill them, but only one is a viable training location, which is the Brimhaven dungeon. If youre under 127 combat, Wild dogs will pester you to no end, which makes the task one of the worst in the game. If youre under 127 combat, skip this task. If not, start at Ardougne, run to the docks and sail to Karajma. Then, go south until you see many gold ores, and pay the man at the entrance. After that, it should be self explanatory, or just look at a map to find out how to get there. They aren't that bad of a task, though.

• [/hide]

[hide=Hellhounds(0)](Based on 178 kills. Gold-67.98% Green-4.49% Crimson-3.37% Blue-1.12%)

These are a decent task. They drop many Gold charms, give fast slayer experience, tends to be crowded, must you a cannon to be efficient, and you must telekinetic grab the Gold charms. As you can see, Hellhounds comes with many Strength and weak points.

Method 1 - Melee/range , Cannon/no cannon - Set your cannon up. There are many locations to choose from, including the very bottom next to where many rangers hide, or the very top, closer to the poisonous spiders but still overlooking the hellhounds at the bottom. After you set up your cannon, rather melee them, or hide in one of the many safespots you see and range.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment.

For range, wear standard range equipment.

Method 2 - Melee/range - Even more simple. If your meleeing, just melee and if your ranging hide behind the many stalagmites and rocks you see.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment.

For range, wear standard range equipment

• [/hide]

[hide=Iron dragons(0)](Based on 469 kills. Gold-26.61% Green-69.35% Crimson-25% Blue-3.63%)

They have high Defense, so the experience rate isn't going to be great. However, they are decent for charms, have very nice common drops, and drops Dragon(ic) legs/skirts/visage. If youre going to do this task, I would highly recommend you piety for maximum speed.

Stay to the east, so there will be no Steel dragons to pester you. If you don't know how to get here, read the guide on how to kill Greater demons. Use Protection from melee and use Piety if you want.

Wear standard equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs.

• [/hide]

[hide=Kalphites(0)](Based on 1253 kills. Gold-9.82% Green-5.35% Crimson-3.59% Blue-6.15%)

Once considered to be one of the best Slayer tasks in the game. But now... not so much. It gets very crowded at peak times, so you could possibly consider skipping these.

Exit through Shantay pass, go west to the Kalphite layer, put your rope down, and keep walking until you come to the room with many Kalphite soldiers. Set your cannon down, and melee using a combat familiar. If youre lucky, nobody will already be there.

You could also kill the Kalphite guardians, but they are extremely slow, and the Kalphite queen is good too if you want a challenge. ;)

• [/hide]

[hide=Mithril dragons(0)](Based on 11 kills. Gold-36% Green-218% Crimson-0.91% Blue-0%)(It just means I didn't get any Blue charms in 11 kills. Doesn't mean there isn't a chance of obtaining them.)

These are an extremely fun task, and you only have to slay very little per task. (4-8) I would honestly say that even though this task is inefficient, it spices up Slayer so I would recommend you do them.

They have many good drops, including very common Runite drops, and they drop 3 Mithril bars and Dragon bones 100% of the time. They also drop very common Green charms (in piles of 4) and have a small chance of dropping a Dragonic visage or even the Dragon full helmet.

They are very easily accessible using the Games necklace. Go south, and enter the whirlpool. Use protect from magic, run past the Brutal green dragons, and up the stairs. You should now be in a room full of Mithril dragons.

These Mithril dragons have a very strange nature. They tend to Attack you even though you are getting attacked! (Yes, it's non multi!) This results in very frustrating kills. However, this can be remedied by using the very northern spawn. This is the best one to kill, as there is only one spawn in range, and it spawns very fast. Also, you can stand right in the middle and not get attacked at all!

*NOTE* This does not mean to take off your shield during the middle of battle! It just shows how safe the middle is, there is no chance of anything happening. (Including randoms...)

080928213354ff1.png

I would advise your melee, as the Slayer helmet greatly increases the speed in which you kill these. Also, you must use Protection from melee and Piety, as Mithril dragons have a tremendous amount of Defense. Use a Bunyip or a Unicorn, although a Fruit bat can be used here. You cannot bring familiars in the whirlpool, so no Beasts of burden.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a (Anti)Dragonfire shield, Karils top, and Karils skirt.

• [/hide]

[hide=Nechryaels(80)]They aren't quite the money maker they used to be, but they are still great for money, experience, and charms. You can kill those using Red chinchompas, but I would only suggest this for the richer players.

They are located in Chaos tunnels and Slayer tower. There is a safespot in the Slayer tower, but that is the only benefit. If you're not Ranging, go to Chaos tunnels. Use a combat familiar, and ignore the Death spawns. Also, don't worry about Death spawns while ranging. Nechryaels don't summon them if you aren't in Melee range.

To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Go out through the other exit into the Dust devil room. (you don't need a facemask but DON'T Attack them!) Go west into black demons, go west again into a room with Earth warriors and northwest into the Dagannoth room, then northeast into the Nechryael room.

• [/hide]

[hide=Scarabites(0)]

• [/hide]

[hide=Skeletal wyverns(72)]Visage! I bet thats what you guys thought when you say Skeletal Wyverns, lol. (And maybe Granite legs and 72 Slayer) Well, these guys are not only a good dropper of Visages and Granite legs, but they have a 100% drop of Wyvern bones! (They do sell, although it may take a while) They are also an excellent dropper of Crimson charms!

They are actually pretty Strength, so be prepared. A Dragonfire shield is extremely helpful, but of course, along with every other expensive item in the game, they are unnecessary. Mind shields are more than enough, and can be purchased at the Grand exchange for a few measly gps.

There are many known methods for killing this special dragon, including Ranging, meleeing, and other unorthodox methods. However, I will be covering my own method of killing these dragons. We will be using a Whip while Praying protection from melee, and Pietying along with full melee armor. Thats right, Protection from melee and Melee armor. You may be thinking Is he stupid? It mages FFS! but its magic Attack isnt really a magic Attack. In fact, its actually a range AND a mage Attack! Theyre Dragonbreath has two variations. The range one is an animation less, but for the magic Attack, its a blue spray coming from him mouth. (They have different sounds, as well) The mage Attack is Strength and can freeze you, but is used less often. Therefore, you should protect from melee and wear melee defensive armor. Antifire potions and Salve amulets do NOT work.

Head: Black mask >

Amulet: Fury > Glory (Salve does NOT work here)

Top: Bandos > Dharoks/Torags/Guthans

Bottom: Veracs skirt > Bandos

Weapon: Whip

Shield: Dragonfire shield > Mind shield

Cape: Fire cape > Trimmed Skillcape > Obsidian/Untrimmed Skillcape > legends

Boots: Dragon boots

Ring: Berserker > Explorers ring> Warrior

There are two methods to get here. First, is if you have access to Fairy rings. If you have a Mounted glory in your house, use the altar and teleport to Edgeville. However, if you dont have a mounted glory, teleport directly to Edgeville using a glory. Head east, and recharge your Summoning points at the obelisk. Go south, and type in Fairy code AIQ. Head north, and recharge your prayer (If you didnt at your house) and go to the Asgarnian Ice caves.

The second method (which is quite unorthodox) requires you to teleport to your house if you have a mounted glory. Same deal. Recharge your prayer and teleport to Al khadrid (Not Edgeville!) if you have it, but if you dont have a mounted glory, just teleport to Al khadrid using a Dueling ring/Glory ring. Bank, then talk to Shantay and tell him youre an Outlaw. He should throw you in prison, conveniently close to the Ice caves. Head a few steps north, and recharge your summoning points, then head south into the Ice caves.

Ok, now your there. Just follow the path past the Muggers, Pirates, Hobgoblins, until you reach Ice giants/Warriors. Go through the cave, and youre there! Remember; dont go in without a Mind shield/Dragonfire shield. Kill them near the entrance, and kill the one to the west of the entrance. Much like Mithril dragons, you can get attacked by another Wyvern while getting attacked by one, even in single combat! This leads to annoying kills, and the other Wyvern heals much of its life. This is remedied by killing the one west of the entrance. (To some point)

They drop a myriad of items, but the most notable are: Dragonic visage, Granite legs, and Wyvern bones. And of course, Snakeskin chaps! (Just kidding, lol. However, they look somewhat like Granite legs on the floor dont get excited. ) The Wyvern bones should only be picked up if you have extra inventory spaces. They drop a lot of Runite bolts, Adamant bolts, Pure essence, and many alchables. You should bring alching runes.

Now, about which familiar to use! This is very interesting, as there are MANY choices to choose from! However, the most notable are definitely: War tortoise, Bunyip, Unicorns, and Pack yaks. There are many choices and combinations to choose from, but I would use the best Beasts of burden available, and use the best healer as well. You CAN allow your Beasts of burden familiar to live even when your inventory is clear enough to dismiss it. This is one of the two choices available in this situation. You can either Summon a healing familiar, or allow it to hold bones (or other goodies). I would personally dismiss it and summon a healing familiar. Highly recommended even if you only have a Bunyip.

• [/hide]

[hide=Spiritual mages(83)]No Charms!

They were until recently very great for money. Now, they are only decent, and only drop charms. First, you must decide which of the four Spiritual mages you must kill.

Armadyl - Must range/mage, not worth killing these.

Bandos - More Defense, not worth killing these.

So now we're left with Zamorak and Saradomin. Zamorak requires prayer, but Saradomin mages are always fighting another monster, which makes them require no food or prayer! So which is better? I'll be blunt, and say that Zamorak mages are better. They have much lower Defense and Hitpoints, and they are clumped together unlike the Saradomin wizards.

To get there, teleport using the Trollheim teleport. (You can walk all the way around, or you can just do the quest...) Climb down the rocks to the west, and Run past the thrower trolls with Protection from Range. (aggressive until level 137/138 combat!) They never miss, ever. Now, go through the crevice (faster than the boulder, although if you don't have 60 agility you can use the boulder...) then run north with Protection from Melee. Climb down the rope, turn on Protection from Magic, and run north past the bridge. (No familiars allowed until you're on the other side.) Go east and kill the ones near the entrance of the Boss. REMEMBER TO TAKE A ZAMORAK ITEM! (Zamorak robe bottom)

080930074121oz1.png

They hit very high, so be prepared. Always use Protection from Magic, and use a combat familiar. It will die at least once, even using the Strongest of combat familiars. You should get 1 dragon boot per task on average. (I average one per 140)

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a Proselyte plate, Zamorak robe bottom (The red and white on, not just the red one! It should cost more ~100k, not 1k.).

• [/hide]

[hide=Steel dragons(0)]These are now the WORST task in the game! Seriously, there is no reason to do this. To stress this out even more, I'm not going to write a guide on them. They are just THAT bad. You'll be spending all day trying to finish this task.

• [/hide]

[hide=Suquas(0)]Suquas are a super fast task. Teleport using your Astral tablet (Do the minigames just for this, it's very fast unless youre on Lunar mage) and west, then north. You should go past the village, and into Suqua territory. They use Magic attacks, so use Protection from Magic! Set up your cannon, and summon your Combat familiar. You will need food as they melee as well.

080927231027db3.png

• [/hide]

[hide=Warped terrorbirds(56)]No Charms!

*incomplete*

Definitely an underrated task. They are especially underrated due to the fact that you must chime themm, but it really doesn't slow you down as much as you expect.

To get there, start at the Grand exchange, bank, and talk to the Spirit tree. *unfinished*

• [/hide]

[hide=Waterfiends(0)](Based on 1549 kills. Gold-9.74% Green-3.87% Crimson-78.4% Blue-2.06%)

Waterfiends are weak to crush attacks, and Attack with range and mage. They are located in the Chaos dungeons and the Ancient cavern. They are the best Crimson charm dropper. They are extremely fast, and they dont cost a ludicrous amount of money, such as bursting Rock lobsters. In fact, you now make lots of money here. To get to them in the Ancient cavern, go down into the whirlpool (Must have started Barbarian training minigame) and follow the map. Pray mage when you get to the brutal green dragons. Anti dragon fire shield is not required.

Don't kill them in the Chaos tunnels unless you have a Steel titan. It really helps if you have 1-5 helpers, but it's not necessary. Use Piety and Protection from range. Again, without the helpers I would not recommend this method, and getting the helpers is a big hassle.

summonge6.png

Make sure you use Crush! This is the most vital factor of Waterfiend slaying.

You can either use Piety + Protection from Range half the time, or Protection from Range. If you have 88 Summoning, definitely use Piety. If you don't I would use Protection from Range, but you can if you have access to a Bunyip and his amazing Scroll ability.

• [/hide]

inuyashakent-2.png

It's decent. Should have put Ring of Wealth as #1 ring tbh.

It's extremely unbias and for that fact I'd say it's about a 5/10 guide. But it's still decent with alot missleading information about personal preferences over what is best. A guide with just plain information would be 100% better.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It's extremely unbias and for that fact I'd say it's about a 5/10 guide. But it's still decent with alot missleading information about personal preferences over what is best. A guide with just plain information would be 100% better.

Hmm... A ring of wealth should not be put into #1, as the amount of money earned by better drops < time saved from using a Zerker/money saved from the extra prayer boost.

And about the bias part, unless your referring to the Gargoyle, can you please tell me where? If your talking about this spot being better than this spot, that's not true because those ARE better, tested. (They don't even need to be tested though, some are just that obvious)

Or are you referring to the Guthans? That's not biased.

Anyways... can you please tell me which part of the guide is biased? I'm not flaming at you (even though it may sound like I am...) just a bit confused, that's all. And no need for the rate, as this guide is still incomplete, lol.

inuyashakent-2.png

People always say ROW doesn't help, but I think of it this way:

Why would Jagex put it in the KB that it works, when it doesn't? What reason could they have?

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

The whole Cancel/block section was realy preferntial. Maybe not bias but for sure preferential. Part of the guide is "Hey I like this but don't like this" more or less. It'd be a great guide maybe even AOW if it wasn't so full of opinions not that expressing them is bad or anything. But a guide to me is something with an opinion that isn't very heavily placed on a certain object. Like you could say something about the kaliphites thats bad instead of starting with I don't like them same with gargoyles. Very preforential is the work I guess I meen. I'll be able to respond when I get on for the CW game.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

First of all, very thorough and well thought out guide. Im glad you didnt fill it with worthless pictures.

I can give you all you need to know about dark beasts if you want me to (best blue charm dropper in the game) im on my 4th straight task of them in a row atm...

Wondering why you have godswords ranked above sara swords though, from every experience and person ive heard from ive always seen sara swords as better (though not as fun)

I personally dont blacklist steels. Why? Because i get them about 1/50 tasks from duradel, so for me they really arent worth taking up a blacklist stop that could be used for hellhounds or gargs (1/10)

I really hate sumona for tasks, frankly, i think shes worthless. Its more preference i suppose but im gonna have to say here that duradel is far superior.

I personally never use a wealth, it slows down tasks. Yes it makes the 2nd wheel more likely to be spun...but HOW much more...

For spirit mage tasks bring a zammy prayer book, best option as it gives you a prayer bonus (maybe unholy symbol for an alternative for those who dont have the pages)

All in all, a solid guide. 9/10

The whole Cancel/block section was realy preferntial. Maybe not bias but for sure preferential. Part of the guide is "Hey I like this but don't like this" more or less. It'd be a great guide maybe even AOW if it wasn't so full of opinions not that expressing them is bad or anything. But a guide to me is something with an opinion that isn't very heavily placed on a certain object. Like you could say something about the kaliphites thats bad instead of starting with I don't like them same with gargoyles. Very preforential is the work I guess I meen. I'll be able to respond when I get on for the CW game.

Steels are the worst task in the game. Gargs are a pain to hit with the hammer. Kalphs never have open worlds and neither do hellhounds. Greaters are always full even if you arent being hit by the dogs. Its less preferential than you would think, as most slayers i know block these tasks. After 500 tasks the last thing i want is clicking on gargs with a rock hammer 150 times

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

You misspelled Aviansies (you spelled aviancies) and i dont think the wolpertinger's max hit is 210... and you misspelled Burthorpe (you spelled Burthrope)

gud gaid u nub 9/10

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Haven't read the entire guide just yet, but you should add house in Pollivneach as an alternative method to get to Sumona.

- You can't alch when on lunars, and you can't use Trollheim teleport either.

- I don't think your range level affects how good your cannon works. If this is true, drinking a range pot while using a cannon would be useless.

2dvjurb.png

I haven't read much of the guide yet, but it looks solid so far. If you put as much time and effort into it as your Summoning guide this has potential to be the best Slayer guide around, I look forward to seeing it in it's entirety.

Hellhounds - They drop gold charms, which are bad in itself, but you have to Telekinetic grab them.

Get your facts straight. Kill them in the Witchaven dungeon, or in Taverly dungeon.

1st: Unicorn stallion (88)

Hp: 100

Notes: These are the king of healing familiars, curing 14 hp each scroll. That translates into 21 hp/minute, but their scroll is quite costly, so beware. These provide quick healing, unlike the Bunyip. They're rick click ability "Cure" cures poison, but provides no immunity. So it doesn't replace the Super anti poison.

Their scroll quite costly?

It heals 14 for (as of today) 281 gp.

Monkfish heal 16 hp for 388 gp.

You do the math.

Ok, by far the worst method to do a Black dragon task, ironically. Kill them in the evil chicken room in Zanaris, and range them. Seriously, don't do this method, it's THAT bad.

I found it was quite fast using melee+prayer.

Steel dragons- These are now the WORST task in the game! Seriously, there is 0 reason to do this. To stress this out even more, I'm not going to write a guide on them. They are just THAT bad. You'll be spending all day trying to finish this task.

Lol, they have hardly more defence than irons. Worth doing imo.

Nice guide btw.

Very nice guide, though cramped with spelling and grammatical errors.

8/10 regardless.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Hellhounds - They drop gold charms, which are bad in itself, but you have to Telekinetic grab them.

Get your facts straight. Kill them in the Witchaven dungeon, or in Taverly dungeon.

If you run out of the safespot while cannoning in taverly, one hellhound will hit you and your cannon will stop hitting the others as it's no multi area.

2dvjurb.png

A good guide, though as said you should mention when your talking from preference over fact (perfect example: fighter torso for people with high def).

It's coming along, I'd recommend mentioning dragon slayer gloves (from Fog) for dragon tasks, it seems they're so easily forgotton yet at mith dragons/black dragons (and metals I suppose, I dont do any metal tasks besides miths) they're priceless.

Actually, that spot is horrid. I tried cannoning on world 2, I spent more then half my time waiting for them to spawn. I ditched the cannon, still had to wait on a full pop world. I hate hellhounds anyway, so many people kill them even if they aren't on a task, I'll never understand why, regardless of clues and low level charms.

Exp < Money, money is just a tool to get more exp, but in a sense I suppose the contrary could be argued to a lesser extent. I suppose they're alright if you dont have a berserker, and some places like miths. I personally believe the wealth works, but wouldnt be surprised if it didn't - Jagex are far from famous on testing things before their release and for some reason I just can't see Jagex testing the ring of wealth for hundreds of hours to confirm it works when it seems they couldn't even do a few hours of testing that would have prevented some very abuseable bugs.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Lol, you guys act as if I'm not willing to make any changes based on your replies and comments.

I'll start on the 10+ comments. :shock:

Oh. Well, sure, it's preferable. I'll add that in the guide. However, there are definetely facts supporting every single blocked/canceled task, except for maybe Gargoyles. But then again, I stated that was opinion.

First of all, very thorough and well thought out guide. Im glad you didnt fill it with worthless pictures.

I can give you all you need to know about dark beasts if you want me to (best blue charm dropper in the game) im on my 4th straight task of them in a row atm...

Wondering why you have godswords ranked above sara swords though, from every experience and person ive heard from ive always seen sara swords as better (though not as fun) Oops. I know that too, just an error.

I personally dont blacklist steels. Why? Because i get them about 1/50 tasks from duradel, so for me they really arent worth taking up a blacklist stop that could be used for hellhounds or gargs (1/10) Maybe, but I'm not sure how rare steels are.

I really hate sumona for tasks, frankly, i think shes worthless. Its more preference i suppose but im gonna have to say here that duradel is far superior. Yeah, but not to an extent to call her completely useless.

I personally never use a wealth, it slows down tasks. Yes it makes the 2nd wheel more likely to be spun...but HOW much more... Yes, that's why I put the Berserker ring above it on the placement list. (Unless I made another error)

For spirit mage tasks bring a zammy prayer book, best option as it gives you a prayer bonus (maybe unholy symbol for an alternative for those who dont have the pages) I said unholy book which is the filled zammy prayer book.

All in all, a solid guide. 9/10

Steels are the worst task in the game. Gargs are a pain to hit with the hammer. Kalphs never have open worlds and neither do hellhounds. Greaters are always full even if you arent being hit by the dogs. Its less preferential than you would think, as most slayers i know block these tasks. After 500 tasks the last thing i want is clicking on gargs with a rock hammer 150 times Thanks for the support, lol.

You misspelled Aviansies (you spelled aviancies) and i dont think the wolpertinger's max hit is 210... and you misspelled Burthorpe (you spelled Burthrope)

gud gaid u nub 9/10

So... i herd u liek... splling..

Haven't read the entire guide just yet, but you should add house in Pollivneach as an alternative method to get to Sumona. I didn't? Thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

- You can't alch when on lunars, and you can't use Trollheim teleport either.

- I don't think your range level affects how good your cannon works. If this is true, drinking a range pot while using a cannon would be useless.You can if you use Spellbook swap... I thought I mentioned that, again, I guess I forgot.... and a range pot does affect a cannon's range bonus.

I haven't read much of the guide yet, but it looks solid so far. If you put as much time and effort into it as your Summoning guide this has potential to be the best Slayer guide around, I look forward to seeing it in it's entirety.

Get your facts straight. Kill them in the Witchaven dungeon, or in Taverly dungeon. Tavelry = telek, witch is mega uber slow kills, definetely a skip...

Their scroll quite costly?

It heals 14 for (as of today) 281 gp.

Monkfish heal 16 hp for 388 gp.

You do the math. I was comparing them to the Bunyip.

Ok, by far the worst method to do a Black dragon task, ironically. Kill them in the evil chicken room in Zanaris, and range them. Seriously, don't do this method, it's THAT bad.

I found it was quite fast using melee+prayer. But not as fast.

Steel dragons- These are now the WORST task in the game! Seriously, there is 0 reason to do this. To stress this out even more, I'm not going to write a guide on them. They are just THAT bad. You'll be spending all day trying to finish this task.

Lol, they have hardly more defence than irons. Worth doing imo. Well, I guess that's opinion as well. But they are the worst task in the game.

Nice guide btw. Lol, thanks. More cc pl0x

Very nice guide, though cramped with spelling and grammatical errors.

8/10 regardless. Once it's near completion I'll spell all grammer and spelling.

A good guide, though as said you should mention when your talking from preference over fact (perfect example: fighter torso for people with high def). That is fact. If you want to become offensive, why not ditch the top and get a proselyte plate and pray 10% str/piety?

It's coming along, I'd recommend mentioning dragon slayer gloves (from Fog) for dragon tasks, it seems they're so easily forgotton yet at mith dragons/black dragons (and metals I suppose, I dont do any metal tasks besides miths) they're priceless. They're in the end slower, by I guess I'll mention them.

Actually, that spot is horrid. I tried cannoning on world 2, I spent more then half my time waiting for them to spawn. I ditched the cannon, still had to wait on a full pop world. I hate hellhounds anyway, so many people kill them even if they aren't on a task, I'll never understand why, regardless of clues and low level charms. Which is why I tell people to skip them, lol.

Exp < Money, money is just a tool to get more exp, but in a sense I suppose the contrary could be argued to a lesser extent. I suppose they're alright if you dont have a berserker, and some places like miths. I personally believe the wealth works, but wouldnt be surprised if it didn't - Jagex are far from famous on testing things before their release and for some reason I just can't see Jagex testing the ring of wealth for hundreds of hours to confirm it works when it seems they couldn't even do a few hours of testing that would have prevented some very abuseable bugs.

Well, I "believe" Ring of wealth helps. However, the only place where you should consider using them is Dark beasts/Abby demons/Spiritual mages. I'll add that in there.

Wow that was alot of quotes. Thanks for the constructive critism guys.

inuyashakent-2.png

ah, i didnt see you mentioned zammy book. my mistake

and ya u have zerker ring on top of list, i just dont even think a wealth is worth being on the list (once again personal prefernce haha) warrior = great for the price ::'

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Might want to mention that if you have a slayer mask, you can kill fire giants in the smokey well. Its not better than the chaos tunnels, but the ct gets crowded at peak times, and if you're def is pretty low, and 3 fire giants are teaming up on you, that could really mess you up.

[hide=stuff]Zamorak Cloak (From Treasure Trails) + Rune Defender is much better than Fire Cape + Unholy Book for spiritual mages. Because you are praying, the defense on the fire cape means nothing.

There is a better room for Fire Giants, take the north portal from your fire giant room, run through the zamorak warrior/mage/ranger room to the western portal (pray mage). Then take the southern portal in the room of rock crabs. Few people go here, and it has the same number of fire giants in a much closer area, perfect for piety.

I would highly recommend the slayer tower over the ALR abyss for Abyssal demons, especially while using piety. Even if it is more crowded, you won't have to run nearly as far to start attacking agian.

You can also kill Dagannoth kings for slayer tasks, it gives a nice change to the monotiny of slayer tasks. Same goes for the Kalphite Queen. If you want to include the KBD, include these as well.

You really don't need to pray mage on Suqahs, you can do a task on 10 monks.

Also, I'd consider Bandos Tassets better than Verac's Skirt. Why? Because the prayer bonus does almost nothing to most slayers. If you are going to piety, you will really should be in Proselyte. And if you are going to pray melee, what are the extra defenses going to do for you?

You can also range mutated velds using the tables as cover, or regular velds in the slayer tower using the walls/chairs for cover.

Ranging caged greaters is another way to kill greaters. Also note the crowds for brimhaven greaters die off around 11pm eastern.

You can also chin nechs in CT.

After 85 slayer, you will profit if you piety every task. The drops on most tasks will pray for it, and the slayer points will push you up so you make money.

You can range most tasks and stay topped off with a pony, though its costly you don't have to safe spot. But that probably won't be covered in this guide.[/hide]

And my last note: I really, really hate slayer guides because you will never be able to cover every way to kill something; that's the beauty of slayer. Sure there are faster methods, but maybe someone is looking for range exp or mage xp instead of melee xp, or they want raw speed ignoring costs, or they are looking for the cheapest possible way to gain slayer xp to maximize profits.

Foooman.png

Lol, I took off most of those things because of their sheer inefficiency. And this is a slayer guide to end all slayer guides.

And thanks for those suggestions, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Oops, meant to say this is not a slayer guide to end all slayer guides, lol.

inuyashakent-2.png

Hey Kent nice guide!, due me a favor plug it into word and fix your grammar errors after adding all the city names into the dictionary correctly. 9/10

I have a suggestion for dealing with revs, I call it the glass of water method, what you do is you run until you can log out, if your tele blocked, use the glass of water method! Log then go get a glass of water,drink it, check the time then walk back into the room where your computer is, the clock that determines how much time is left on your teleblock runs while you are logged out, it lasts around 2 minutes.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

So the timer still continues when you log?

And more importantly, I have this very important message. I posted it as my second paragraph of my guide, but I'll post it here.

Before the introduction! Read first! I have decided what kind of guide I want this to be. Please don't expect me to have unneccesary pictures of every single inventory, item, ect. If it will supplement the guide and help the understanding of it, sure, it will be added. I'm a firm believer that humans will be able to understand my sample inventory through text, lol. This will also greatly shorten the loading time, and make actual important pictures be visible. (Too many pictures can cause a picture showing a red "x" instead of the real picture)

inuyashakent-2.png

Might want to mention that if you have a slayer mask, you can kill fire giants in the smokey well. Its not better than the chaos tunnels, but the ct gets crowded at peak times, and if you're def is pretty low, and 3 fire giants are teaming up on you, that could really mess you up.

ive never seen another person at fire giants in the chaos tunnels

1-800slayer.png