Games Franchises that Should Give Up

3PointMan

- taken from yahoo.com

Kinda hard to copy and paste it because of pictures so just click the link...

I agree with all of these, except Crash Bandicoot. I always loved these games and I just bought another one of my iPhone. What are your guy's thoughts?

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnout, EA is killing it.

EA is killing everything...

They're actually making a Dead Space 2 and Mirror's Edge trilogy.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55509

Mirror's Edge....no. DS2 I would be happy about, since the ending to me gave room for a sequel*, and I loved the game in general, but EA.....series killer. Also Battlefield: Bad Company and Army of 2. (Army of 2 2?)

[hide=*]The Nicole thing on the ship meant there had to be another living Hive Mind somewhere, right?[/hide]

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

^ [bleep]ing hell, Dead space 2? Why EA, WHY? I loved that you were doing original IP's and then you [bleep] that up.

Oh and,

[hide=]I was fairly certain it was just him freaking out. Don't think it really left room for a sequal but w/e[/hide]

Dynaty Warriors i agree. The sixth i admit was different. However they shouldnt of changed the weapons.... (well maybe some i like the bows) but still its real history and you cant mess with history to much.

What about pokemon?? Yay lets just create another 100 of the annoying things. These new ones for DS the ranger things. im sorry but thats not pokemon the whole idea of it was to become a "Pokemon Master" now what we save other pokemon?

Well i might have said Age of Empires but we wont we getting anymore of those anyway since ES has closed (esembly studios) so meh.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

I think that the Mario Party series needs to give up. They just need to add wifi to the next, and make sure that it is well made, not like the brawl wifi. It needs to be well planned and executed, then once it has been released they need to stop making them, and maybe focus on updating the game with more maps and such, and selling them on the wii shop channel, instead of just releasing a new game every year or two.

The Pokemon series still remains fun, with each generation. They all add new features, with the biggest in the 4th generation being wifi play. I do agree that unless they can come up with something really big to change how we play, that the series needs some offtime before they think about creating another one.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm surprised only 1 person has mentioned Pokemon...

I never disliked NFS, one of the best racers imo. Sonic was kind of a useless game actually and Mario, like Pokemon, will NEVAR DIEEEE!

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

The 2D sonic games are wonderful, case in point: Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure. The 3D ones have been horrible ever since Adventure 1 and 2. (I realize some didn't like those, but I thought they were great).

Honestly though, I'm more pissed at Dead space 2 than the billion Final Fantasy's, or Dynasty Warriors, or Guitar Heroes. I mean, you expect certain franchises to carry on -- but Dead Space apealed to me because I knew I was getting the entire story. There was a clear beginning, middle and end point and at the end it wrapped it up nicely. I don't want the developers [bleep]ing its name up and doing a sequel. I mean, please, stick to originality!

Yeah it is. I just wish some people would give themselves a bit of artistic merit. I mean, it's why video games half of the time are just scoffed aside as art -- because developers try and milk the hell out of them. If you want to do a trilogy, do a trilogy. Don't end a game perfectly find and then try and cop-out a way to make a sequel.

No Final Fantasy?

Final fantasy is quality though, ive played for horus on ffxii =P~

Hope they keep up the good work with Kingdom hearts and FF at square enix...

Crash bandicoot games are all the same imo, nothing new about them whatsoever.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

sonic should go. mario needs to make actual franchises that isn't kid friendly like mario parties.

Non-kid friendly? I can see it now: Mario: Gang Wars. Epic rivalry between the Yoshis and the Koopas. Turf wars over the Mushroom kingdom, and indoctrinations that include beating a toad with his own toadstool head.

And I don't see what they could do with a Dead Space 2, really. At first I thought "yea, that'd be cool" but then....they already had their cool new mechanic, can't really do much else. And if that really was just me overthinking it, it's pretty much over.And wasn't that the point of Dead Space: Downfall and the comics? To keep all of the story right in there and tell everything so that other games wouldn't need to be made?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

They should stop making Sonic games. They turned dumb after the switch to 3d.

Don't give up on The Sims, just stop making so many expansion packs.

End Nintendogs. And Metroid.

What do you mean end Nintendogs? I don't think there's been a new Nintendogs since 2006.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif