Games Franchises that Should Give Up

3PointMan

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games that should die unless they make another great game:

Spyro (The last one they made was somewhat good but needs the old gem collecting.

Sonic (Sonic Unleashed was great but still needs improvement)

Zelda (Its nearly dead come on not another console game for years)

Certain games should have stuck with 2D, such as Mario and Sonic. Most 3D games from those series' should be scrapped.

As for the list, other than Sonic (in 2D only), I agree with it. I could probably think of some other ones, but I think most have been covered for me.

They should make it illegal to develop games based on Movies, and Movies based on Games (for instance, Take Uwe Boll's efforts as a warning).

There was a gag on youtube showing a preview of a Zelda movie. It actually looked pretty good. Games based on movies rarely work for me, but movies based on games can do wonders. They don't always, but they can.

Yeah, I made some sweeping generalisations, but the usual end result in crap. However, some movies based on games e.g. Tomb Raider (though they weren't actually based on games, but rather just a different storyline created for the movie which is based on a games series), can make good money.

WW2 Shooters

A realistic gorilla warfare sandbox type game I think would make for a great game, something like the Republican paramilitaries in Northern Ireland or the Colombian gorillas.

Gorilla Warfare?

18468-Gorilla-Warfare_w.jpg

I think Halo should just end. NOW. Not after ODST.

BEFORE.

All Disney Games minus Kingdom Hearts. If that counts as a disney game.

SONIC. Final Fantasy games that aren't like FF1... Really. I freakin LOVE the original. Well, a few FF games were also good. They just gotta... Slow down...

FF Crystal Chronicles.

The windwaker gameline of zelda. (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks.)

The other Zeldas were good. Minus Twilight Princess. Which sucked. Bad.

Pretty much they should continue on the Majora's Mask timeline or gtfo.

GOW.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

All of them, I like my NFS and CB, but they should be stopped, my cousins get most new Crash games, the PS2 games, especially Twinsanity (It is crap) are lame now. Crash Of The Titans and Mind Over Mutant? Come on.

They should also lay off Ratchet and Clank Games, not forever, but they should slow down, I remember they were releasing them on par with Jak and Daxter games, 6th J&D is coming out late this year, early next, and R&C are up to their 9th (I think), they should end this whole Zoni+Clank thing and end the series, I have to say. :thumbdown:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

IMO the Mario and Sonic series should just die. They have both been making terrible games recently.

Mario: Super Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Party DS

Sonic: Sonic 06, Sonic and the Secret Rings

I wish the Kirby series were known though. :( Now THAT'S a quality series.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Personally I wouldnt add remakes into a list of 'bad games'. They basically just put the '64 Mario onto DS, with a few extra things.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

[bleep] Final Fantasy, and anything anime. All can go die. :D

I hate guitar hero too.

Then you get to the Elder Scrolls series which needs more! <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

[bleep] Bethesda. Too deep in M$'s pocket.

Though I'd say remakes have to go and [bleep]ing die. The game is perfect as it was. Sure, give it a graphical uphaul so new players can play it, but don't add content. It was great as it was, don't change that.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

[bleep] Final Fantasy, and anything anime. All can go die. :D

I hate guitar hero too.

Then you get to the Elder Scrolls series which needs more! <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

[bleep] Bethesda. Too deep in M$'s pocket.

Though I'd say remakes have to go and [bleep] die. The game is perfect as it was. Sure, give it a graphical uphaul so new players can play it, but don't add content. It was great as it was, don't change that.

Who cares how much Bethesda is with Microsoft? They make quality games, end of argument.

They need to scrap Fallout Vegas and redo Elder Scrolls: Morrowind with Fallout 3 graphics, Oblivion combat, and voiceovers for everyone.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Sonic, the first 2 Mario games you mentioned are just remakes with a few add ons.

They were lamer than before. Especially New Super Mario Bros.

THAT'S why I said Kirby is the best at making remakes. (Kirby Super Star Ultra)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Who cares how much Bethesda is with Microsoft? They make quality games, end of argument.

They need to scrap Fallout Vegas and redo Elder Scrolls: Morrowind with Fallout 3 graphics, Oblivion combat, and voiceovers for everyone.

With the original voice actors, not the crappy Oblivion ones.

With the original voice actors, not the crappy Oblivion ones.

The random npcs yes, but dissing Patrick Stewart is blasphemy.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Sonic, the first 2 Mario games you mentioned are just remakes with a few add ons.

They were lamer than before. Especially New Super Mario Bros.

THAT'S why I said Kirby is the best at making remakes. (Kirby Super Star Ultra)

Of course they sucked.. The other games had no stupid parts in it where they just wanted to appeal to more kids, etc, and the non-remade versions were basically pioneers of their time.

SNES Mario ftw.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• 1 month later...
Sonic is way too old. They do need to stop it. it's stupid -.-

Some of the best games are older than dirt. Pong ftw!

Anyway, I miss good Sonic. Dumb Sonic needs to die. If they just made a Sonic game where you run, no dumb gimmick or extra characters no one cares about. Hell even a Sonic Adventure 3. Maybe they'd be taken off that list then. Seriously... what is Sega doing? How do they not see what they're doing?

Cowards can't block Warriors.

What I don't like about Nintendo is the fact that its products have such short lives...

I bought a GameCube back in 2001, and as you may have guessed, I have barely touched it over the past 4 years. If you look at Xbox and PlayStation, both have been going strong since the beginning (perhaps it's because those T and M games appeal to me).

Maybe I just don't do enough research when purchasing things. <.<

We'll see how long it'll take before Nintendo has to come out with a new system. :wall:

As for game franchises...

Need For Speed is one that should give up. Even though I only own 1 game from the series (NFS - Hot Pursuit 2, which I still think is kind of fun for a short period of time), they need to make a game that combines all the different aspects of racing instead of just import tuners, etc. They need a game where it'll take me a LONG time to beat. Perhaps allow me to fill my garage up to 200 different kinds of cars. And give us over 30 different places to race. The bigger and more versatility a game has, the better (not in all cases, though).

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Those girl games that end with z....shudder.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Mario and Sonic need to be 2D. (New Super Mario Bros. was a great job though!)

Crash Bandicoot doesn't need any damn controllable monsters! Crash + Wumpas + weird enemies + craziness = great game :thumbsup:

There's three that have been going down recently.

Mario and Sonic need to be 2D. (New Super Mario Bros. was a great job though!)

Crash Bandicoot doesn't need any damn controllable monsters! Crash + Wumpas + weird enemies + craziness = great game :thumbsup:

There's three that have been going down recently.

I completely agree with the Mario/Sonic part. I haven't played New Super Mario Bros. yet, but it looks like a pretty good game.

I never really played much Crash Bandicoot, though. I did enjoy the little bit I did play back in the day.