Dynamic Signature Discussion

Since we lost the dynamic signature topic originally here's a new one to start over.

We're still at the same stage as the last post in the previous topic as we're waiting for the code to be verified by a few more people before it goes live.

As far as it stands these are pretty much ready to go, we just have a few more things to do. We'll get them sorted out as quickly as possible.

[hide=P2P]1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png[/hide]

[hide=F2P]f2p1.png

f2p2.png

f2p3.png

f2p4.png

f2p5.png

f2p6.png

f2p7.png

f2p8.png

f2p9.png

f2p10.png[/hide]

We're also going to be working on creating the HTML interface for which to create these through the site.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookin' good, how long (In a measurement of time :P ) do you think it will be until we have them for use on the site?

It depends on when our techie admins get the chance to take a look at the code. They are pretty busy with fixing bugs/kinks in the forums, so it's kind of hard to say.

Is it possible to give us a run down on how the process of selecting the signature and it's customizations would be working? Or how the page is intended to be? Rough drafts?

Once we know a little more about how we will be setting that up, we'll let you know :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

You could start a advertising thing for them. I know that I and some of the people following this thread would love to have specially generated ones in our sigs that we could link back to here. :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Looks good but it's nothing special, I suggest adding something "new" to them that haven't been done before.

Any suggestions? :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Suggestions are good. :D

Anyways, looking good as usual. My sigs got deleted in the 80 day backup, so I will replace one of them with the stat sig, but I wish that my Tip.It Mod thing was still here. :cry:

Keep up the great work!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Suggestions are good. :D

Anyways, looking good as usual. My sigs got deleted in the 80 day backup, so I will replace one of them with the stat sig, but I wish that my Tip.It Mod thing was still here. :cry:

Keep up the great work!

I have both of those saved on my computer if you want them :P Feel free to PM me if you do.

Posted Image

Could put in custom sayings in the signature, I really don't know where, or why this would be put on, but I do know people who have their own little title, or moto, like someone has UltimateCooker in their RS name, their moto/title could be 'The Best Cooker In Town'. Or 'OoC For Life', or whatever clan or organization they may be in. I don't know, just adds some kind of personal feature to it, this could also be used for clans...? I don't know, I think don't think I'm getting into it's actual potential, and it's a very weak addition to the signatures, but it is something no one else has, and people would use it.

Also integrating these with Tip.It's own personal memberlist feature (if this does happen...) could show some great things for it, like clans having their own memberlist page, own portable memberlist; like would have the clans stats, link and other associated things on it? So like average hp, total members, overall combat lvls would be display on it...etc?

Clans could have their own personal stat sigs oriented from the sig generator. Like, they propose a background, and other things for the signature, and the logo of Tip.It would be on it as payment for the personal clan sig generated, this could also be integrated with that Clan Profile field being discussed somehow? The clan provides all the graphical material needed though...?

Just thought of these.

Clans could have their own personal stat sigs oriented from the sig generator. Like, they propose a background, and other things for the signature, and the logo of Tip.It would be on it as payment for the personal clan sig generated, this could also be integrated with that Clan Profile field being discussed somehow? The clan provides all the graphical material needed though...?

That probably wont happen but the CIC is working on something special for the clans when it comes to this department.

Alright, time I get involved again here, like I was before. 8-)

I suggest in the final rendering that for the light backgrounds, a dark text color (or black) is used on those, so that the numbers can be properly seen in the signature image. (Yes, there'd still be the colored shadow behind it to set it off AND blend it with the image better, but having the dark text would definitely look better than the white text being lost in the current form.) The signature image previews that have the yellow, cyan, and orange background are all a prime example of what I'm speaking of. :geek:

Seriously, I hope you change it before it goes live. I'd hate to end up with seeing a thread created by some other user, just so they could complain to Tip.It Staff about this. :?

~D. V. Devnull

(The "WATCH OUT!" dude...)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Maybe add an option to choose your country's flag? Theres enought space under Questpoints ;)

Meh... I really don't feel that belongs in a Stat Signature... It could be an idea for user profiles, though. :idea:

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Maybe add an option to choose your country's flag? Theres enought space under Questpoints ;)

Not a bad idea, but I'd be more leaned towards putting it in the location section of the mini profiles, with perhaps a drop down menu in the user profiles.

I still think it's a shame that there's no TIF logo on those sigs :( .

I think we could place a small one in the bottom right corner just to show that Tipit created that sig and so we get the credit etc.

I still think it's a shame that there's no TIF logo on those sigs :( .

I think we could place a small one in the bottom right corner just to show that Tipit created that sig and so we get the credit etc.

That was talked about but decided against as resizing the logo to an appropriate size to fit just made it unreadable.

Looks good but it's nothing special, I suggest adding something "new" to them that haven't been done before.

Custom uploadable poses!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Put a Tip.It logo or writing under quest points

Let us be able to upload our own poses (as said above)

Have more than only 1 background.

We already decided against the logo and custom poses (For now) and there are different background colors.

Just seems pointless to put so much effort in and not do custom poses (imo).

As we all know from the Draynor sigs the same half dozen poses end up getting used because the others are rubbish. You can never have enough poses for every combination of what someone wants. Take the Draynor fishing-skillcape sig (see below)

Mercifull.png

Looks cool but nothing like how I wanted it to. I wear my fishing skillcape a lot and I don't look anything like that nor would I want to. Without custom poses the same thing will happen with the tipit sigs. People use the same poses all the time and then get bored of them or annoyed at other people with the same one and then go somewhere else to try to be more original.

If i was able to upload my own custom pose (posevm6.png) my sig would looks well and truely unique (see below) and wouldnt ever be copied.

customposedsiggn3.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'd love to allow users to upload their own poses if we can easily make it work properly. I'll talk to Peter about it ::'

Posted Image