Jagex - Launching two new games next years.

kieranread

This is from a report on the BBC website

THIS IS A NEW ARTICLE

Dated

TUESDAY 13, NOVEMBER

"Mr Iddison was brought in from PayPal to expand the Jagex business and in 2008 it plans to launch a couple of new titles. All will be online games but, so far, the company is not saying any more about them other than that they will use the same Java and browser technology seen in Runescape."

As you can see this is still a little bland.

Theres also some info about the average playing time per week for members, which is 22 hours week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7090490.stm

Theres the link...enjoy

PS: Average age of Jagex staff is 22. For all those who suck up to mods :P

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interesting the BBC did an article on Jagex :)

BTW: Is it just me, or do the graphics in those screenshots have much better graphics than the real RuneScape?

44233518runescajagex203wt2.jpg

I don't recall being able to play at that resolution, with monsters having that clear textures. :lol:

Did this stand out to anyone else as much as it did to me?

Dedicated fans need not worry though as, said Mr Iddison, Runescape will be the main investment focus for Jagex for the next five years.

Yes, 5 years at least.. what happens then? My guess is it just won't be jagex's main concern and we get less updates (I have a ton to do anyways)

And btw, I can't wait for the new games. I'm staying runescape 100% I want the scammers, noobs, and gold farmers to leave though.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Some interesting points from the article:

- RuneScape will be around for at least 5 years.

- New games may involve real world trading (on purpose).

I didn't notice that, but if that was the case bots would be completely destroyed, there would be no need for them.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

It just says "online games" that doesn't mean its an MMO. I don't believe that this Mechscape thing is going to be an MMO. I won't believe it until I see it.

Well we will have to wait and see then.

I can guerente (excuse the spelling :P) this though what ever it is in the upcoming months there are going to be so many crappy rumours your not going to know what to believe.

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

kieran_read.png

It just says "online games" that doesn't mean its an MMO. I don't believe that this Mechscape thing is going to be an MMO. I won't believe it until I see it.

I can guerente (excuse the spelling :P) this though what ever it is in the upcoming months there are going to be so many crappy rumours your not going to know what to believe.

MMO's take ALOT to run, especially if they plan on running both games the same as they run Runescape. Updating weekly, keeping reasonable customer support. You would need 2 seperate teams and I dont think even Jagex has the financial capability to do that. My opinion is that it will be a Mech type multicombat game that is Java based, but not an MMO, more of a Quake Arena type game (basically a battle game is what I'm getting at).

MMO's take ALOT to run, especially if they plan on running both games the same as they run Runescape. Updating weekly, keeping reasonable customer support. You would need 2 seperate teams and I dont think even Jagex has the financial capability to do that. My opinion is that it will be a Mech type multicombat game that is Java based, but not an MMO, more of a Quake Arena type game (basically a battle game is what I'm getting at).

You mean, a game that goes Boom Boom?

Epee-Signature-2.png

BTW: Is it just me, or do the graphics in those screenshots have much better graphics than the real RuneScape?

I don't recall being able to play at that resolution, with monsters having that clear textures. :lol:

is that a guy witha d 2h in the background i see? if so then where is his armour of is he 1 iteming?

13zwenn.png

You mean, a game that goes Boom Boom?

basically, a third person (or maybe first person) multiplayer shooter thing that is Java based. It would still beat out all the other Java games on the web if it used the same type of engine as Runescape.

Did it say that Jagex doesn't advertise? It said something along the lines of 'we use word of mouth'

What about miniclip =;

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The two "games" Jagex are planning to launch are Mechscape and a website that will have all of their old games made better and many more and newer Java games

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Dude, the graphics are so good that you can see his nipples. :shock:

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

Dude, the graphics are so good that you can see his nipples. :shock:

There just rendered images, it would be much harder to do that for moving images in game. If you look around the knowledge database and especially the "why should I join members?" area you will see lots of pictures like these, they've been on the site for a long time.

I believe they plan for some small java 2d games like you can find on their old site, or most other online games companies.... a while back they where advertising for 2d game designers on the corporate site.... I don't expect more than one mmorpg..... that would be far to risky.

sig2webzx7.jpg