What stops you from going higher?

Krist115

Simple question, many clans have goals to be able to pull more, be more organized, more powerful on the battlefield.

im sure your clans has goals of its own, what is stopping you/your clan from achieving it?

is it another clan in rivalry? it can even be dumb members bringing your clan down, many different things.

another question: what is stopping you from performing 100% for your clan to show your true potential.

we are in times with ddosers and petty flaming (wich some people due get hurt/annoyed about) and more NH actions you can say. Some times its just the regular real life issues like work, shcool etc.

or maybe just parents being a pain, not letting you get on at certain times when your clan has that uncapped fight that you just HAVE to go to!

so whats stopping YOU from performing at your best?

kristn.png

Personally, I don't have the time or really the interest, I've peaked, it's time for somebody else. :P

For WG, I think it's a combination of too much reliance on Gene, inactivity, and general apathy. They're all related and as far as I can tell the general apathy is the worst, how to fix it is up to the council thinking outside the box.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

For me personally it would obviously be the fact that I'm retired now and I just don't have as much time to get on and help the clan out as I did before. For CR, it would probably have to be our problems with bringing in new members and being very inconsistent when it comes to our turnouts to fights.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

You're implying that none of our clans are performing at their best with the last question :angry: . People are fine with where they are for the most part (Only people who care are in the top 10 /where in the top 10, or close to breaking into the top 10)

For Downfall we like to challenge ourselves and war harder clans, stuff like that is good to do and will help you gain experience. If anything were to hold us back from performing at our best it's just a bad day due to IRL obligations

6590ew.jpg

myself.. meh dont have the time some days.

clan.. same deal... we have a huge active community... but only some ppl are able to consistently make wars on a weekly basis. (weekend wars for ex)

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

The thing that stops me from performing at my peak levels are personal. The things that stop any clan from performing at their best is consistency. It's a simplistic explanation for a complex problem that, let's face it, everyone already knows.

hzvjpwS.gif

For LoF, I think our timezone and that we allow only finnish ppl. Same with fools.

Solace FA | Runite Knights of Finland &Warlord

Clan Europe &Warlord | Flip Flops +Retired

#Solace | #CE | #RKOF-Clan | #FF

Timezone stops me.

As a clan, it's the lack of numbers. We have the quality, but just the amount of people we have isn't cutting our expectations.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

school and extracurricular activities are killer, especially calculus and chem 2, takes up a lot of time trying to keep up so im not able to be as active as i should, went inactive for 2 weeks in my fa period :s

EX-Tempted Killers FA Manager

282fkab.gif

EX-Lethality Warlord

Real life obligations for me personally.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Multiple facets come into play. My biggest thing is activity of our memberlist. I would rather have a smaller memberlist with good % pulls than an inflated one which doesnt mirror our true activity. It is why our memberlist goes down; not because people leave/quit but more because we are so tough on activity.

I also think our patience comes into play with this as well. We have seen personally what its like to rise quite quickly in rankings and it usually results in the complete opposite coming soon after. We try to learn from our mistakes of the past because we do have quite a large past. Having a small memberlist allows for us to focus on our organization and to mature as a warring clan and then when we get new members we are able to more smoothly transition them into what it is we do.

We do not hate having a smaller memberlist but that doesnt mean we do not want to grow. I personally have a goal of wanting to get our clan to pulling 150 opts prepped and 120 opts on spurs. That I believe is the sweet spot of activity/ml/pulls. Allows for returning, sniping, and still keep ko power.

flamesig.jpg

another question: what is stopping you from performing 100% for your clan to show your true potential.

Having a life, which is a gazillion times more important to me than some silly game.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Having a life, which is a gazillion times more important to me than some silly game.

Scape > Life.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

There mere fact that the clan your in will limit yourself.

For example, if you want to join a top 10 clan, you'll join TT/RSD/Vr - you wouldn't join DW or T0 for example. If you wanted to join a small matched base clan, you would join DW or T0 instead of TT/RSD/VR. Reason being people associate a name with a size, very few clans have ever risen from being matched based to top 10 because people join clans because they like the style of warring. Clans will tend to lose and gain members over time so they may look like they're heading for a top 10 status but will usually remain around the same because when people see the small matched ops clan is becoming top 10, they'll leave making the clan decline back to what it was. The only exception to this is re-made clans like RJ who were formed off DI - so everyone in visioned RJ as becoming a top 10 force - so it was true for a while.

So in my opinion, reason why small clans don't grow and big clans don't massively decline is because people associate different clan names with a particular size and type of warring. Its very difficult to break that mold - DW will always be thought of a small-medium sized clan, TT will always be considered a top 10 clan. Then you obviously have to consider the smaller things, like rivalries, indavidual members, ability, activity etc.

Quite an in depth view on it.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

For example, if you want to join a top 10 clan, you'll join TT/RSD/Vr - you wouldn't join DW or T0 for example. If you wanted to join a small matched base clan, you would join DW or T0 instead of TT/RSD/VR. Reason being people associate a name with a size, very few clans have ever risen from being matched based to top 10 because people join clans because they like the style of warring. Clans will tend to lose and gain members over time so they may look like they're heading for a top 10 status but will usually remain around the same because when people see the small matched ops clan is becoming top 10, they'll leave making the clan decline back to what it was. The only exception to this is re-made clans like RJ who were formed off DI - so everyone in visioned RJ as becoming a top 10 force - so it was true for a while.

So in my opinion, reason why small clans don't grow and big clans don't massively decline is because people associate different clan names with a particular size and type of warring. Its very difficult to break that mold - DW will always be thought of a small-medium sized clan, TT will always be considered a top 10 clan. Then you obviously have to consider the smaller things, like rivalries, indavidual members, ability, activity etc.

Prime exception to that: Gladz :wall:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Prime exception to that: Gladz :wall:

Hey hey dont forget THE too

flamesig.jpg

Asian parents

You...are a legend.

Thats the #1 reason for me. :)

Also, other stuff to do.

narbotm.png

happinesssolace.png

Tko Blitz Guardian #tko_blitz | Solace Trial General #solace

`Nar on IRC, PM Me if your intrested in fighting Tko Blitz or Solace