Tip.It Times Presents: Double Feature!

Rcty

Pretty good set of articles. I thought the first was pretty philosophical as it's like Social contract theory. Very nice. Also enjoyed the second article. I didn't quit from the updates more so because of time issues but the new stuff really has wowed me back and I look forward to a time when I've got a good month free to work hard on all these new skills, quests, mini-games, and really explore the new Runescape HD world!

A nice read as always. ::'

The article about the "Runescape Family" does sound right.

If some random person asks me for help with the classic "Cn u help me plz?" I ask them to ask me in English.

They usualy do, so they arent as dumb as their typing makes them look.

Maybe their just to lazy to type normal. :P

Onto the other article.

I feel that Jagex have done a good job patching up for the December Updates.

Amazing content has been added and the biggest beeing the Graphic update.

What do i want from Jagex?

My biggest wish is for them to complete their old quest stories.

It looks as though they are doing as i wished for aswell, with the Meeting History quest coming this month, aswell as The Spirit of Summer quest sequal coming soon.

good read but also very very long :P

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Preffered the second read, hit the criteria to keep me engaged quite well, the first article wasn't wrote in a way I enjoyed, though, I have to admit, very correct.

Both good reads, raising valuable points, as it was pointed out, I'd love to see an interview with Jagex, though, I don't think that'll happen. :lol:

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I'm honestly tired of all the bashing going on at players that have bad grammar and/or vocabulary. I can understand that shorthand typing gets annoying, but for bad grammar/vocabulary, its un-called for. I personally speak and write 3 languages since the age of 8. I have poor grammar/vocabulary in all 3 no exceptions! I tried taking classes in all 3 for the past 7 years with no avail. Its frustrating to get judge by it, either in game or in everyday life (I hired a secretary so I dont lose any sleep over every report I write). I'm well educated and my proficiency in engineering is well above the average, but when it comes to writing and speaking, I might as well be a 10 year old. This attitude is uncalled for, its like I started bashing and calling people kids for not being able to calculate something as simple as an object free fall velocity.

To conclude this, individuals will always do about anything to try and gain praise from the faceless masses, its just a fact of life, on the internet its writing abilities. In life everyone would like to think they are unique, but the truth you only want to be unique enough to be the same as the next guy...

Edit:

Forgot to ask about this :

Did You Know...

...that a hidden update recently made sure that Super Restore Potions now also re-supply your Summoning points (thank you msiGC)? The same goes for Sanfew's Serum, which makes it pretty much the ultimate potion out there, curing poison and disease, restoring all stats to full, and adding 35% of your prayer! It does not heal Hitpoints though, as you cannot make these into a Barbarian Mix. (Thanks to the Tal Shiar Alliance!)

What do you mean by the highlighted part? What does the Sanfew serum do exactly? Sounds like you are saying that it has the same propriety as Super Restore.

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

Great read(s)! =D> I 100% agree with both articles ::'

I think one thing we shouldn't forget in the first article though is that it affects the in game content. Jagex have to think about us older players' content too. But I think Jagex are handling that well ::'

I agree, 2008 has been a great year of updates :D and I can't wait for those 3 new PvP minigames coming out in the last 3 months of the year :thumbsup:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Great articles by both Turtlefemm & Das.

Although it is true that there will always be young mature players, the vast majority will be immature and typically a hassle to deal with in my experience. Maturity - I feel - comes with life experience, something which few young people have simply because they don't have the years under their belts, which leads me onto my answer for Das' question. I would love it if some kind of firm age restriction could be put in place for the game, (16+/18+) just because it's just not enjoyable to see hoards of immature players flood the game with Jagex making updates each month to suit this crowd. Bad grammar/vocabulary don't particularly bother me to be honest - it doesn't come as easily to some as it does to others and gives no real indication of age, many of my friends at university still can't spell :P

Obvisouly this will never happen because it doesn't make business sense, but hey, I can dream..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Great ones. Id say up there with my favorites from the Tip.it Times. No doubt that we have had some of the greatest updates in 2008, and the year isn't close to over yet. Im not stubborn enough to say I haven't been healed of my injuries from December. (which were never even that deep)

So... what do I want?

-To wrap up the temple knight story line (next armor = rune \' )

-To see the east open up. (maybe having to do with kudos island)

-Customizable armor :pray:

picture7eo0.png

I really like the first article, because it makes sense to me. I can relate, having first started playing in 2001 when I was 12. A lot of people really didn't flame or call each other out like today, even when the rules were barely enforced! Although nowadays, I prefer to keep public chat on Hide not off because I just might run into a potential future friend. But the spammers are still out in full force (Look at FoG! :P) and there will always be immature kids because this game is easily accessible and free, so still watch out for them but don't give them the attention they want. Have fun skilling, fighting and enjoy playing the game with your friends. :)

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

Edit:

Did You Know...

...that a hidden update recently made sure that Super Restore Potions now also re-supply your Summoning points (thank you msiGC)? The same goes for Sanfew's Serum, which makes it pretty much the ultimate potion out there, curing poison and disease, restoring all stats to full, and adding 35% of your prayer! It does not heal Hitpoints though, as you cannot make these into a Barbarian Mix. (Thanks to the Tal Shiar Alliance!)

What do you mean by the highlighted part? What does the Sanfew serum do exactly? Sounds like you are saying that it has the same propriety as Super Restore.

Thats because it does! :D

Sanfew Serums are made from Super Restore Potions... By adding some Nailbeast Nails, Ground Unicorn Horn and a Snakeweed, you give the properties of a Cure Poison and Recilyms Balm to the Super Restore Potion...

This means that a Sanfew Serum:

- Heals all stats and prayer per normal Super Restore (now includes restoring lost Summoning points)

- Cures you of any Poison, and makes you immune for 10 seconds

- Reduces the effect of any Disease (the yellow stat reducing splashes)

- And acts as an awesome weapon against Nailbeasts, damaging them.

The only thing it doesn't do is heal your Hitpoints, and sadly No Sanfew Mixes can be made...

These potions would be used far and wide if the Snapdragon herbs and seeds weren't so hard to come by...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I disagree with the article about spelling and grammar, for the most part. If somebody wants help, I'm not going to give it to them if they don't have the decency to think about what they are writing. Obviously it would be different if the other person doesn't have English as their native language, but you can usually tell those apart from the people that genuinely can't be arsed to type properly. I don't care if it is quicker, typing like a moron makes you seem like a moron.

Edit:

Did You Know...

Thats because it does! :D

Sanfew Serums are made from Super Restore Potions... By adding some Nailbeast Nails, Ground Unicorn Horn and a Snakeweed, you give the properties of a Cure Poison and Recilyms Balm to the Super Restore Potion...

This means that a Sanfew Serum:

- Heals all stats and prayer per normal Super Restore (now includes restoring lost Summoning points)

- Cures you of any Poison, and makes you immune for 10 seconds

- Reduces the effect of any Disease (the yellow stat reducing splashes)

- And acts as an awesome weapon against Nailbeasts, damaging them.

The only thing it doesn't do is heal your Hitpoints, and sadly No Sanfew Mixes can be made...

These potions would be used far and wide if the Snapdragon herbs and seeds weren't so hard to come by...

Thanks had a stupid moment, I was thinking about serum 207/208 and was like what?!?! that potion is better the super restore :shock:

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

both a nice read

what do i want to improve RS?

-proceed on the golem quest line, i want to know what happened in Uzer.

-make a RSOF topic called "Ask Zeh Mod"

this week, mod X! he works in team X! you can all post your questions and we will pick the three best ones and they will be asked to him! (or something)

-Release wilderness tag ;)

EDIT: so Das, any mod pmed you yet?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Very nice articles. Well done to both of you. =D>

As for what I want, I'd say a fixed GE (get rid of these price floors, ceilings, and dependencies and make the GE able to adjust via uncompleted trades when completed ones fail to do anything), more Castle Wars maps (I still love the one we have, but additional ones would be awesome), and more updates to existing content that is never used (I can't think of any good examples right now, but you know they're there).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I'm honestly tired of all the bashing going on at players that have bad grammar and/or vocabulary. I can understand that shorthand typing gets annoying, but for bad grammar/vocabulary, its un-called for. I personally speak and write 3 languages since the age of 8. I have poor grammar/vocabulary in all 3 no exceptions! I tried taking classes in all 3 for the past 7 years with no avail. Its frustrating to get judge by it, either in game or in everyday life (I hired a secretary so I dont lose any sleep over every report I write). I'm well educated and my proficiency in engineering is well above the average, but when it comes to writing and speaking, I might as well be a 10 year old. This attitude is uncalled for, its like I started bashing and calling people kids for not being able to calculate something as simple as an object free fall velocity.

To conclude this, individuals will always do about anything to try and gain praise from the faceless masses, its just a fact of life, on the internet its writing abilities. In life everyone would like to think they are unique, but the truth you only want to be unique enough to be the same as the next guy...

Edit:

Did You Know...

Sanfew serum has same properties as a super restore, except it heals poison and disease. Sanfew serum cannot be made into barbarian mixes. Super restore CAN be made into barbarian mixes.

OT-

What do I want from Jagex?

Free trade

Old wilderness

All my friends that quit

Please everyone? Think again...

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Good articles! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My wishes...As someone said new temple knight quest would be nice...I'd like to get range/mage prayer armor (ideally green d'hide and mystic type)

I'd like Mourning's End Part 3 to come out.

And...More acheivement diaries and acheivement diary cape! And (ideally) be able to to have trimmed acheivement/quest cape! :D

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Both were very great reads, I have to totally agree with them. Runescape truly has changed a lot, even though when I started playing Runescape in late 2002, there were already rude people calling others n()()bs or whatever like this.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I didn't really enjoy the first one, although i agree with it. Meh. The second one i really liked.

A few things i want from Jagex:

Completion of the Temple knight Storyline

All the stupid bitter people that are mad at the Dec 10 updates to be banned.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

my wishes: somebody to make a "bring back the old wildy" song, storm the jagex building and force them to listen to it for hours

jagex to finaly listen to reason and bring back the free trade system

somebody to go around runescape, and every time someone yells NOOB!, take everything they own, and put all they skills back to lvl1. it would be awesome

god must be a builder. his original quote said six days, he didnt finish on time, he buggered off, didnt make a good job of it in the first place, and he still hasnt finished.

I have a few comments about the first article...

There's a big difference between shorthand and the way that many kids (and some older people) choose to speak. IE most people use "OMG" as shorthand for "oh my god," but what some people do is start putting numbers in... "0MG." It's fair enough that lots of people struggle with spelling and grammar, but using numbers in words I find annoying. I remember a long time asking someone if they were a pure, the response I got was something like this... "y3s 1m 4 r4ng3r." It took me a long time to work out what that meant as I had never really come across anyone doing that before.

And as for people ranting about noobs asking them for help, I agree they are in fact less mature than the one who asks for help. As for the problem of age in RS, I believe age has very little to do with maturity these days, it doesn't even come with life experience for a lot people. Most of all it comes from parenting, your parents are who you learn from! I think the problem of immaturity is in no way limited to RS, modern day kids simply aren't mature. A few countries have formally acknowledged that family culture has been lost in the last decade or 2, this leads to immaturity. Therefore I don't see any way for Jagex to fix this problem in RS, kids just need good role models on a consistent basis.

Sorry ^^ it's long!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

Good read. They both make really good points about JaGex's recent updates...

And what made it fun besides the actual chicken and cow murdering was other players being friendly, not treating you like a loser.

Made me lol. :D