Tip.it Times Presents: More Steel than a ShipWright

n_odie

Hello to everyone!

This week's Tip.it Times article is "More Steel than a ShipWright" by Ts_Stormrage. It gives a first hand view of the MSSW3 and the thrill of battle!

>>>More Steel than a ShipWright<<<

It is designed to enlighten users to the upcoming Multi-Site Steel War 4 that is being held October 18, 2008! Want to know more about the MSSW4? View the forum topic covering the timezones and basic info here. Be sure to also visit the second post for the unofficial guide!

How are you feeling about this upcoming battle? What do you think the results will be? Use this thread for discussion on this historic battle and the article!

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Read it, didn't like that kind of stories. I prefer more educational topics and the ones that make you think - like the safe spots one, or the economy ones.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Ha! It was all about MSSW3, the reason I joined TIF.

It was an okay read, I guess it's another attempt to recruit people for the MSSW4, so I'm happy.

I wish I could re-live MSSW 3 :(

P.S. In the context you're using, "Then" in the title of the article, should be spelled "Than"

i actually liked it. very suspenseful :D

and for once i did know the "did you know?"

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

With sword in hand I ride my bunyip, in the distance the enemy's armour shines in my eyes.

As I charge onto the legion, my friend trips over a branch.

Mud I ate, hearing thundering roars nearer and nearer.

I pray to the gods as I get trampled by a thousand feet.

Then I realise that I'm not supposed to be here, and I walk off towards real life.

Sorry guys, can't come. Here's a heads up though

*holds my glorious pint up high in the air* Beer for those who live, dirt for those who die!

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The title confuses me, is it supposed to be "then" or is it just a typo?

Anyways, really good read, I enjoyed it :) Can't wait until MSSW4, even though it'll be a bit different from the previous ones.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

It was decent something to pass the time.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This makes me want to gather up my clan and come!

Good read though, I couldn't write a story that good if I tried.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

This makes me want to gather up my clan and come!

Good read though, I couldn't write a story that good if I tried.

Well you nailed it on the head... This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish :) Go get them rounded up, a few clans are wanting to make an impression already by handing out a lot of stuff to other people for the MSSW...

I personally have about 20 sets of steel to give away, but food and strength amulets are also cheap to hand out... Or what about Team Capes :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

This type of article might not be for everyone but with the big fight coming up it made a nice change from the usual articles and will probably catch the eye of a few more people who will fight with us. Kinda reminded me of the first of these I fought in 8-).

I'll be getting on the server early and preparing steel sets to pass out when we all meet up, probably some capes too. Better get back to my training, see you on the battlefield

Rebornflames.png

As the flames that made up the phoenix slowly burned out,

Only ashes were left where once it stood,

It would be reborn from the ashes,

The phoenix would rise again.

Mssw3 was epic, awesome and amazing, Mssw4 will be all that and more

That brought back nostalgic memories of Mssw3, such a great battle. Tip.it owned hard last time around and we can do it again, so long as we keep it in peoples minds and convince them to come.

Great read though btw, thought you captured the spirit in edge before the battle really well.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Hmm, sounds like a good story. I do have the ability to create something similar, but I'm just too lazy and get too bored, lol. :P Good read; it has great appeal to the senses and wording. Oh crap, I'm starting to sound like my English teacher now. :uhh:

j0xPu5R.png

well i went to the last mssw and it was freakin rad man! i was just a yey high noob back then but it was fun as hell. there was like 500 tip.it'ers there and way less than that for the others. so ya im definatly going now that i can defend myself and be of some help :lol:

gina_monster.png

[hide=My goals]Gina_Monster.png

gina_monster.png[/hide]

R.I.P Anthony Pacheco, I'll never forget you homie. When i see you up there we gonna go skating aight man.